Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013
Ehzeiqjvoaey1pj-orig

They debuted two days ago, and we're already seeing people ship them

Hylarn
Anime season 12 Sep 09:10
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

New Love Live Anime trailer https://youtu.be/vUZtDcPtctU there's our protagonist

Wait, this is starting in less than a month!? I was expecting a bit more build-up here!

So, uh, it looks fine. Kinda a bad season to be dropping a cute girls series, though

Hylarn
Image Comments 11 Sep 23:13
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013
Eheefnuucaec5i2-orig

I forgot how it was in the anime or other spin-offs

Anime uses PoV shots for the two or three times they have the admiral show up. Other spinoffs don't have any kind of consistency between them

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Surreal. I like it

Hylarn
Anime season 01 Sep 05:06
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, next season:

So GochiUsa and Strike Witches are coming back and can probably be assumed to be as gay as they ever were

Adachi and Shimamura is based on a yuri series... I have no idea how fast the anime will be paced and thus how far the titular girls' relationship will progress, but the core of the series is a yuri relationship

Assault Lily Bouquet is a modern all-female action anime that literally has "lily" in the title. I'll be pretty surprised if it doesn't at least have heavy subtext

Senyoku no Sigrdrifa is also a modern all-female action anime, which generally means at least a bit of yuri subtext

Maesetsu is cute girls doing stand-up, apparently. With everyone conveniently paired up, it should at least be easy to ship

Ochikobore Fruit Tart is a Kirara series from the creator of Hanayamata. I didn't notice even any subtext in the handful of chapters I read, but it's definitely possible something will pop up later

I'm really not sure what to make of Hanyou no Yashahime. Female-led sequel to 00s shounen, airing in primetime in 2020. Who is this aimed for, what are it's storytelling sensibilities like? Should at least be shippable, though

Iwa-Kakeru is an all-female sports anime. From what I've seen it's pretty focused on the sports, but it does tend towards CGDCT-type character writing, so some yuri is entirely possible. ...I'm kinda expecting it to be one of the worst shows of the season, though

Majo no Tabitabi is one of those series that's basically a bunch of short stories tied together by the main character travelling. Apparently it has some recurring characters, all of whom are female. Something might happen there? Should be pretty, at least

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear: Generic isekai, but with cute girls! Most of them are lolis, though. Even if there is some yuri, I'm not sure I'd be interested in it (also I don't have high hopes for this one in general)

As honorable mentions, Maoujou de Oyasumi has a minor character with a yuri crush, and Munou na Nana includes a girl that's very fixated on the title character. ...The first one is probably going to be a significantly better anime than the second, though

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, that was better than how it was handled in the WN, at least. Though the real test will be if basically the same discussion happens next chapter

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Huh. Well, I definitely like the art, at least

Hylarn
Image Comments 29 Aug 00:05
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013
75485927_p0

Selfcest? Or are we considering Salter her own person?

Hylarn
Anime season 28 Aug 19:27
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I'm excited but how long is it? Will it even come close to catching up?

Almost certainly single-cour, probably covering through the end of volume 4. There's five volumes out at the moment...

Is there going to be any "significant" progress in their relationship?

The current arc of the manga is about them realizing their feelings are romantic. So, not in this season

Hylarn
Anime season 26 Aug 21:12
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Before anyone gets confused, this is from the October issue, not saying that the anime is going to air in October (October's not going to be short on yuri, though)

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Ah yes, the cute and charming fetish manga

Hylarn
Image Comments 21 Aug 21:39
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013
83780062_p1

You'd think there'd be a backstory for a design like this, but apparently it's just Michairu having a go at character design

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Poor composition, hard to follow what's happening

Hylarn
Ui & Yaaya discussion 11 Aug 07:06
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Both Adult_life and School_girl?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It just keeps getting crazier

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

If the population of that school was lowered by two orders of magnitude it'd still be exceptionally large

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Lotta new material here. Works pretty well, though

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, read through a bit of the novel. ...I don't really like it? It's very dialogue-heavy, and paced pretty slowly. Our main couple doesn't have much in the way of chemistry, unless that's coming later

I think that's part of what makes it great. This isn't a "these two girls immediately fell in love and start making out/fucking like rabbits" kind of story. This is a story about two girls exploring magical science and navigating some thorny political and interpersonal issues, and slowly growing closer together as they do so. This isn't a story about yuri romance, it's a story that happens to include yuri romance in it.

That'd be fine if the magic science and politics were handled engagingly, but I've found most of it fairly tedious. Every scene feels at least twice as long as it needs to be

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, read through a bit of the novel. ...I don't really like it? It's very dialogue-heavy, and paced pretty slowly. Our main couple doesn't have much in the way of chemistry, unless that's coming later

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Kinda vague? Still, I do like these fanworks that put effort into worldbuilding

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Do we need an isekai tag?

So, looks like it might have promise. I'm not super fond of the whole villainess thing, but at least there's another main character

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The title kinda made me expect lewder. Cute, though

Hylarn
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, that wasn't the direction I expected this to go

I hope the epilogue is decently long; I'm interested in what the last few pages seem to be hinting at

Hylarn
Maki x Nico discussion 22 Jul 03:15
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Did all of the Love Live scanlators decide they'd only being doing releases on character birthdays now, or something?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Slightly sub-par? Story's not too exciting, and as a manga it has a lot of awkward transitions