Forum › Posts by ShoujoCent

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 21 Nov 20:01
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

(the optimal moment for Mei-Yuzu intimacy is long past—now if it happens, it happens)

What would’ve been said “optimal moment” in your opinion?

I literally said years ago that this should have time-skipped ahead to become a wacky 4-koma with Mei as the strict academy headmistress and Yuzu as the fun-loving school nurse (or maybe dance teacher), with infirmary hijinx to ensue.

Ngl I’d read that in a heartbeat xD, it’d be fun to see them butting heads on things in that setting, like how harshly a student should be disciplined for breaking the rules, or what they should do for the upcoming school festival.

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 21 Nov 18:57
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Yuzu and Mei getting to a point where they act like a normal, functioning couple would be enough for me TBH.

Thing is, we have gotten chapters of them like that, plenty in fact. It just seems we’ve gotten an equal amount of chapters of them… not like that. How comfortable they are around each other seems to change from chapter to chapter.

last edited at Nov 21, 2021 6:58PM

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 21 Nov 18:18
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Saburouta is never, ever going to give her or us what we want.

Oh I’m sure we will. Saburouta’s just going to wait until she’s on her death bed to finally give it to us.

It’ll be the equivalent of “The Castle of aaauuuggghh…” from Monty Python and the Holy Grail xD

Let us then continue to hope . . .

I’ve come too far in this series to lose hope now. Maybe, like all the best things in life, it’ll happen when we least expect it.

(All jokes aside, I may be a diehard advocate for this series and its many divisive plot points, but even I’m starting to feel enough waiting is enough. Especially after how the last arc ended)

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 21 Nov 16:18
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Saburouta is never, ever going to give her or us what we want.

Oh I’m sure we will. Saburouta’s just going to wait until she’s on her death bed to finally give it to us.

It’ll be the equivalent of “The Castle of aaauuuggghh…” from Monty Python and the Holy Grail xD

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 21 Nov 15:20
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

This was nice. A little short and not much happened, but we tend to get these “in-between” chapters once and awhile. Plus, it is basically what C+ was originally marketed as: slice-of-life focusing on other characters.

Harumin’s looking like a whole snack as always, the Matsuri & Nene interactions were amusing as ever, and it was nice to see Yuzu finally state definitively what she wants to do for a career. I always assumed she’d go into fashion design or something along those lines, but I guess that would’ve been too obvious.

Looks like next time we’ll get a new Harumin arc. Or maybe she’s just gonna walk in on Mitsuko and Maruta doing the do xD

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 19 Sep 17:13
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

This chapter has solidified that as long as I get to see Yuzu and Mei being sweet and wholesome like this, I don’t care how long I have to wait to see them do the do.

I can understand how some might view this as Mei being unaffectionate, but the way I see it, this is just how they are. Not every couple has to be kissy-cuddly-lovey-dovey 24/7 to be functional. Yuzu and Mei are head over heels for each other, they just express it in different capacities. They’re opposites attract to an extreme, which is probably why it’s all Greek to most around here.

Mei stopped herself when she said she’d be working, remembering how that hurt Yuzu last time. She talked to Yuzu about an aspect of “newlyweds” that she didn’t understand to try and understand it. She cuddled up to Yuzu in bed when in the last few chapters we saw them sleeping together they were apart. She agrees to Yuzu’s suggestion that they have a day like this again. (Yes she’s still dense as a harem protagonist, but that’s clearly being played for laughs)

Mei does love Yuzu and expresses that whenever she can, but being super affectionate just isn’t her style. Yuzu knows this and loves her regardless. That, to me, is beautiful. Love doesn’t always make sense, especially to people outside looking in, but as long as it makes the couple in question happy, I see nothing wrong.

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 19 Aug 22:19
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Considering how Mei and Matsuri’s first couple of interactions went this was a nice little chapter between them.

ShoujoCent
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I think the best evidence that this is rushing to a conclusion is that they say in this chapter that both Helen and Miranda were found dead, but even in the flashback panel they only show Helen being killed. We never saw Miranda die. But now they’re saying both their bodies were just… found.

Maybe the original intention was to have Helen be killed and Miranda goes on some kind of revenge quest, but now that Wataru is finishing this up and we already have a bunch of characters to keep up with, Miranda just got nixed offscreen.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

What’s this? A yuri manga continuing past the confession and into them exploring their first relationship?

Should I expect to see pigs flying on the news soon?

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 21 May 17:24
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Character development? What the heck is that?

Also maybe just, y’know, don’t mock people for having an opinion? You can disagree and argue differently, sure, but don’t belittle those who disagree with you

I never went into Bloom Into You forums and made fun of people for liking Yuu even though I don’t

Thank you for your moralizing lecture along with your testimony to your righteous bona fides

You're quite right--opinions can differ: a character having an epiphany in the form of a sudden post-facto realization that her teenage stepsister-lover just might be disappointed that her birthday celebration is being postponed may strike some readers as the height of a newly-developed emotional sensitivity, while others, like me, could regard it as something a normal person might already know by, like, being alive in the world.

I'll bear that in mind.

So not only do you regard your opinion as absolute undeniable fact and mock any who disagree, but you passive aggressively deprecate people who don’t process emotions as well as others, which is a very real thing.

The view must be great from that pedestal you’ve put yourself on.

ShoujoCent
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

UwU a chapter from the opposite perspective! Nice to see some new developments aside from the usual “Melissa is a tsundere” schtick (not that it ever gets old <3)

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 21 May 12:31
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Character development? What the heck is that?

Also maybe just, y’know, don’t mock people for having an opinion? You can disagree and argue differently, sure, but don’t belittle those who disagree with you

I never went into Bloom Into You forums and made fun of people for liking Yuu even though I don’t

last edited at May 21, 2021 12:35PM

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 21 May 11:24
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Anyone: says anything remotely positive about the series

Blastaar: "I'm about to end this man's whole career."

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 21 May 09:27
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Mei’s had a lot on her plate lately. Fussing over her lost ring put her behind on student council work, and now stressing over that made her in that moment unaware of Yuzu’s feelings. She herself acknowledged that without Himeko’s help.

last edited at May 21, 2021 9:27AM

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 20 May 16:18
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

This is the cutest Mei has been in a long time, especially when she malfunctioned trying to eat cake, thought “love sickness” was a real sickness and cuddled Himeko’s puppy.

Speaking of, best girl Himeko coming in clutch with romance advice. I love how she called her Mei-Mei throughout this chapter, after Mei gave her the green light to keep doing so in her last appearance.

ShoujoCent
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I see a lot of people saying Kurokawa is acting like a normal teen or they understand how she feels

No, this is not normal it is not understandable

This is batshit insane, this is the exact same mentality that leads crazy fans to murder idols for not being "Pure" its fucking toxic, like not your usual Twitter BS actual toxic behaviour.

Her mentality is absolutely not normal and I agree that were this not a Shoujo manga setting where everything can be resolved by the power of love she would need serious professional help.

When I say how she’s acting is normal for someone her age I mean the whole getting getting overly emotional and screaming thing. It’s not over-the-top, it’s just how teenagers are. They’re prone to extreme, otherwise immature behavior because they’re still learning how to express themselves socially.

last edited at May 20, 2021 12:29AM

ShoujoCent
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Maybe I just don’t share y’alls sense of humor, but I really don’t see what’s funny about their faces. Ajiichi is amazing at drawing raw, unbridled emotion.

The funny thing is just how over the top insane Kuro is acting. Like she is acting like she witnessed someone brutally murdered instead of just being confessed to by her best friend. Her whole reasoning and reaction is so ungodly insane its funny. Like this girl straight up treating another person like shit for being a human instead of her ideal romcom character.

Over the top? This seems like average teen hormone-driven levels of emotion to me. Also Kurokawa’s been bottling up these feelings for a long time, convincing herself that her inferiority is the absolute undeniable truth, and when those feelings finally come out, she’s told that she’s the one in the wrong. That might be just a little confusing and upsetting for her?

ShoujoCent
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Kinda funny how most of us thought that Izumi or Miki were gonna be the big obstacles/antagonists of the story, but now Kurokawa’s become the final boss and the former two are being the rational ones

ShoujoCent
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Maybe I just don’t share y’alls sense of humor, but I really don’t see what’s funny about their faces. Ajiichi is amazing at drawing raw, unbridled emotion.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

They also use Transform Up/On instead of Trans Up/On, likely to avoid any confusion with that particular term.

Not gonna lie, seeing Transform Up/On in the official release really threw me off. It just doesn’t roll off the tongue as well as Trans Up/On.

ShoujoCent
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I thought the voices were perfect. Ayano and Miyoshi’s blended together a little, but I loved Elisha’s amateur Japanese and Honoka’s cool, dry delivery (except the sweet, loving way she said “Eli...” <3)

Ai and Chie’s voices were actual perfection. Ai had her charming boyish tone, and Chie was so bubbly and cute. This just made me want an anime adaptation all the more >_<

ShoujoCent
Citrus + discussion 18 Apr 18:53
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I keep think mei is a robot
How can this girl be so emotionless????

........Are we reading the same manga?

ShoujoCent
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Anyone else find it kinda amusing how many people complained about Souma in the original series, so now he (or she this time) has been made into the most obnoxiously evil and sadistic motherf*cker? :P

ShoujoCent
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Y’all haven’t read enough of Kaishaku’s work, they ALWAYS draw Chikane with wonky badonkers :P

ShoujoCent
Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

That’s gotta be the most evil way to hold a phone I’ve ever seen xD