Forum › Posts by Gibfady

Gibfady
joined Mar 29, 2019

F that, with this I barely need the manga anymore. Priceless!

Will still read manga though even though it'll end with a "B-b-baka!" and not much else.

joined Mar 29, 2019

We don't deserve this manga, it's wonderful. >:l

Gibfady
Citrus + discussion 20 Oct 19:41
joined Mar 29, 2019

I for one welcome our non-yuri overlords and can be of tremendous use in the non-yuri mines of Tokyo with my awesome powerful muscles and stamina.

I can't disagree with someone who doesn't like it, Sabu goes at her own pace. Could I--literally--write a better story than this? Would I read it?

Maybe Sabu is embarrassed by how trashy and inconsequential she treated these LGBTQ relationships at the outset and now she's trying to treat her characters with a little more respect. It's also Japan where people don't have sex, can't confront peers in the workplace, or their bosses, still work 70-hour plus workweeks, grow up knowing barely anything about politics. It's a society run by old people and 'tradition' with tons of centenarians.

Mei clearly betrayed and manipulated Yuzu to an extreme degree, which we all conveniently forget. I think Yuzu is just happy to have Mei around at this point. After all, we're still at the point in the story where they've just re-established Mei returning home after her being away for six months waiting for her male fiancee. They're starting to slowly rekindle the embers of their relationship--and they hadn't had sex up to the point before 36--though they were clearly on the doorsteps of it. Yuzu on the other hand, was definitely hot asf for Mei before 36--which is part of why it was so painful.

Mei NEVER reciprocated these feelings honestly. Since the story is told through the eyes of Yuzu, I can see why the audience feels like they were getting a sex scene. But Mei was manipulated by adults and never conceived of having the power of agency--there is a clear precedent in Japanese media of underpowered people finding it difficult to find agency for themselves.

Just look at Cold Fish (2010) where the main character is basically a giant pussy who gets roped into every little thing (crime, murder, sex) without ever a thought for himself or defending himself until the very end of the film. THAT'S what we're dealing with here, that level of a system washing over you and you being unable to speak out about it. In the west we do it all the time, but heck look at China, they're frigging communists brainwashed into whatever the party desires!

I think Mei is quite brave to go against all of this with her status, wealth, possible inheritance. To CHOOSE love, that was really the crux of the entire story. Western people think it all weighed on Yuzu's sexual fantasies, but she's working class. For Mei, this is all too real what she's risking giving up, fighting against the tide of tradition for one's own individuality and ambition, risking everything by going against the tide.

What we find easy perhaps they don't find so easy?

Mei is probably still half-embarrassed about hurting Yuzu, which probably means she's not so crazy to f*** right now. And the whole thing was very painful and emotional for her. She is very passive, she's gone by what people tell her to do her whole life, and just now she's starting to cut her own trail at a level--the executive level--that's probably a bit unheard of in an island nation that hasn't passed legislation to legalize same sex marriage yet.

This story is actually very Japanese in character and very progressive for the politics there. Meanwhile in the west that's not where we personally are right now.

joined Mar 29, 2019

I feel like the author's entire MO is, they can't be lovers, like the poster before me said, but anything else is okay, and the story practically breaks its back to get there.

They're just SEVERELY lonely I guess, and Konatsu's entire character has been changed for a false narrative where she's jealous of Honami-senpai. Ugh.

We're seriously in a depression arc because it just can't ever be yuri, it's really weird. I mean, I expect this in western media all the time. Every single excuse is made as long as someone doesn't cross the line from heteronormativity, but in this instance I find it quite sad.

Japanese media intrigues me because it embraces 'otherness'. Whereas in western media it's subsumed into all normativity, except that character is now 'weird'. 'Weird', ha ha. ]:

Or crazy, more like.

Well anyways, author put this story through the grinder just to point out that Konatsu is now emotionally unhealthy levels of lonely all because Honami befriended a few people, even though she was healthy emotionally in the last arc.

I feel like I got whiplash from how fast Konatsu fell into the ether.

joined Mar 29, 2019

Classic 'build your friend up, your friend finds new friends and you feel lonely' story. I think Konatsu is afraid Honami is friend-cheating on her. She knows I guess that Honami will eventually leave for college. I guess Konatsu wants to tell her that she'll:

A. Miss her?
B. Wants to stay longterm friends with her?

Konatsu is being unreasonably awkward. Maybe she thinks she has nothing more to give now that Honami has more friend juice these days (strength to be social, positive and friendly; outgoing). Konatsu awkwardly believes she shouldn't dabble with Honami anymore, after all she has Kaede and stuff now.

Yet we see that Honami is already losing her grip a little and isn't totally confident.

Since yuri is so shameful, I guess it will be a friends confession after all. "I want to be friends with you!" "Oh God, seriously!"

They sure don't act like friends right now, who knew the road to friendship was so rocky? Or they're both awkward as hell.

Gibfady
Liberta discussion 24 Aug 23:06
joined Mar 29, 2019

That art style is like blam, so good.

LOL at the ending, haha. I'll read more. Hungry artist.

joined Mar 29, 2019

When's the new chapter? August is harsh this year.

Gibfady
Stretch discussion 03 Aug 23:33
joined Mar 29, 2019

Just awful. If it was yuri it would've been one of the best. Ever. We know this artist is great with yuri.

Just girls hanging out in an apartment...no love interest (I would've taken het for sure!). So nothing interesting happens. They're just lame the whole time.

And the art is so good and the writing is good. But nothing interesting happens the whole time, I was just on the edge of my seat waiting to see it become a yuri. Halfway through I knew it wouldn't be because I peaked at the comments...but it was a dagger because the series is so good.

Such a disappointment. But I'm sure the guy needed the money, he wasn't going to say no. (I think it's a he)

Generally a hollow read. Amazing potential with no follow through.

joined Mar 29, 2019

I LUV this. Get's right to the point. And the point is great.

joined Mar 29, 2019

When does the next chapter come out? You're killing me here, mangakasan. First you come out and say the obvious Yuri story isn't a Yuri because 'your rights', then there's a giant months long cliffhanger. Then you post a blog of you eating tasty food and going to a park?

Get back to work! >:(

Gibfady
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 15:40
joined Mar 29, 2019

Welllllll........I have trouble caring about this series anymore, but I try.

They don't do anything. I'm hoping Sabu is just going back in time to solve some things. We haven't gotten our lovey dovey, or story development, because the end of the original series was so fake and sped up.

I'm hoping we start building a story again in volume 2, but I've been depressed and shamed by this series before in chapter 36, which was milking what fans this series had for probably final volume sales.

So...we're not getting Haru Matsu? Are we getting any pairings? Why does everything have to be so boring? I hope Mei comes out of her shell.

In my dream mind I think and hope that Sabu is just setting up where she wants her story to go. Dates? Intimacy? Anything, other characters? I think these latest chapters, volume 1, will read way better when released as one manga.

Gotta' say, I've been losing my enthusiasm. Saburouta just doesn't seem to be capable/want to write a good story. That hurts to say. She can write cute trash, but when are we going to start getting the real thing? These girls won't even fucking TOUCH each other. Sigh.

Sabluballs and other cute shit, it's getting mighty tiresome. I try to have faith but I feel like we're going the wrong way. Sabu might be a complete idiot.

joined Mar 29, 2019

Looooooooooooooong time skulker, first time commenter.

Uh, so, yeah. That's unfortunate I guess that the author would say 'not necessarily Yuri', but I don't see this as a classical Yuri structure either.

The girls don't even realize they like each other, you're just supposed to like that slow burn friendship.

But how much more gay does it get than, "She's so dense...geez!"

Why are they dense, why is everybody but you so "dense"? 'Because they don't realize that I'm lonely!' Why didn't you tell them? 'Because I just can't, gosh!'

lol.

Classic teenager. I don't think Koyuki Honami-sempai realizes she needs or even likes or might like Konatsu. She needs friends because she's lonely, she's too young for love in that sense simply because she's far from understanding that level of companionship. She needs to 'not be alone' more than she needs her 'body satisfied'. It's clearly a Yuriship, soft Yuri(friend)ship.

Because of Koyuki's ignorance, the furthest this could go is her proclaiming to Konatsu, 'Tokyo will make me so lonely, be my friend in Tokyo! Ah, I'm so embarrassed!'. So they will be Tokyo friends, very good friends, they will support each other. There could be a time skip where Konatsu promises she will go to school in Tokyo too and they will reconnect there. Maybe they'll even move in together in Tokyo, but they will be friends. Koyuki just can't admit she needs people and that she needs people to accept her because she's grown up alone and apart from everyone over time (besides of course her father and family, but even they don't really understand her, do they?).

Clearly, her loneliness is a huge mental block for Koyuki. It's beyond even expressing herself, she clearly knows what she wants to do, what she likes to do, but she's realized she can't do everything alone, which is a huge step.

If anything, it's like proto-Yuri, it's the Yuri that comes before the proper Yuri and lays the foundation for a Yuri. Pretty brilliant idea actually. Or she could be het, we don't know. But Koyuki hasn't had a serious girlship with someone her age before, that's why Konatsu-chan is such a big deal.

Even she doesn't know if she wants more than basic girlship or the reasons or motivations for more. Her life is too hard and complicated already right now. She's so lonely!

(Enjoy reading ya'll's posts by the way, they always make me laugh!)

last edited at Mar 29, 2019 4:59PM