Forum › Posts by KawaiiSuika

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Hmm, can't say I'm interested in reading yet another edgy Yuri with awful protagonists.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I don't mind a good slow burn, I really don't, but tbh this manga just feels redundant, it's to the point I'm hesitant to read a new chapter cuz I know next to nothing is going to happen, it doesn't help that the chapters feel really short.

I mean, it goes with the territory right? The premise of this series is two friends have decided to actually follow through on the age-old “if neither of us are married by age xx let’s get married”. The fact that one has what appears to be an unrequited love [at the beginning] for the other just adds to it. I’m not going into this expecting a fast tracked romance. This is paced about what I expected from the premise.

My problem with this manga isn't the lack of them making our or whatever, like I said I don't mind a good slow burn. Problem is this one, and many like it, don't really bother to replace that lack of romantic progress with anything, full of chapters where not much of anything happens, it doesn't even have to be romantic, just something.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I don't mind a good slow burn, I really don't, but tbh this manga just feels redundant, it's to the point I'm hesitant to read a new chapter cuz I know next to nothing is going to happen, it doesn't help that the chapters feel really short.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Am I alone in not wanting Kaori to live? Not because I hate her or anything, I just think at this point it would be a total copout.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

KawaiiSuika posted:

Is this shallow manga finally dead, for real this time? God I hope so.

Who hurt you my dude? :/ Chill
It's really sad to see toxicity in this community.
Hope u have better days <3

People not liking the same things as you isn't toxic. Chill. Also, not a dude.

Toxic is shitting on something unconstructively just because you don't like it. Your original post was fairly inflammatory and amounts to no more than "I don't like thing and everyone needs to know!" Don't make posts like that.

This is a comment section, people are supposed to comment how they feel about a work and that's what I did. I didn't insult or degrade anybody else, and I don't appreciate y'all acting like I did. Honestly, this attitude that the only comments allowed are praise is way more toxic than anything I said. Also, I did give a reason, it's shallow, and I have no problem expanding on that, it's materialistic, it overly values people's appearances and it's borderline misogynistic. The girls warm up to each other but ultimately never really recon with their sexist ideas, because the manga actually agrees with those ideas. It plays at saying, "she needs glasses to see", but it ultimately doesn't hesitate to get rid of them. I say none of this with any judgement of the people who actually like this story, and I only wish y'all would do the same to people who don't like it.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Who hurt you my dude? :/ Chill
It's really sad to see toxicity in this community.
Hope u have better days <3

People not liking the same things as you isn't toxic. Chill. Also, not a dude.

KawaiiSuika
True me discussion 21 Feb 02:39
joined Oct 27, 2018

God, I hate how manga treat glasses as a fashion accessory.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm still not sure how to feel about this manga, as it's been very slow to start. I don't mean in like a romantic progression way either, I just mean I still don't really know what kind of manga this is going to be.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

All I can add to this conversation is my own broad strokes of how I feel about labels. I personally think it's silly to be so averse to them, labels are descriptive not prescriptive, they don't tell you what to do they simply provide a name for the already present traits. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, etc.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I never really understood that "flipped" thing, no matter what order you say it in, it's still the same couple.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Was shou-chan staring at umi's boobies??? Anyway, this story is so cute and wholesome and sweet i need some insulin.

I think so, I honestly love the way this manga handles the sexuality of it's protagonists, it's very frank about the sexual nature of their attraction, without it feeling lewd, which is still surprisingly rare in yuri, although not as rare as it used to be.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Senpai is way too exaggerated for me, I was on board until she threw a tantrum like an actual toddler, there is a thin line between funny and irritating for this kinda character, and unfortunately I think she crossed it very quickly.

KawaiiSuika
Pretender discussion 01 Sep 01:35
joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm completely fucking wasted rn. Anyone care to explain to me why's blond girl bad to me? She seems kinda fine just in love with a gold digger

Having sex with someone shitfaced drunk, without any pre-existing consent, a virgin no less, is considered pretty rapey these days.

That's not even a little rapey, it's straight up rape in any real world context, but it's a manga, a one shot at that so it definitely could be worse, especially from Kodama.

Also, I think some of y'all are being too kind to this Ayaka, her actions and attitude may be understandable, but that doesn't make them okay.

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 1:38AM

KawaiiSuika
Pretender discussion 31 Aug 20:02
joined Oct 27, 2018

Love Kodama's works. Unique author. Shitty people trying to make connections. This is so realistic. Good stuff.

This one is kinda mild by her standards , though.

It really isn't realistic, the thing that actually puts me off most of her works is how weird and unrealistic her characters usually act, although I guess I should give this one some credit as it is probably one of her more realistic ones. The gold digger turns out to be a poor girl desperate to get out of her situation and the "nice girl" friend turns out to be an entitled creep, this kinda thing is far more believable than some of her other stuff.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

This authors a bit of a mixed bag for me, on one hand Hello Melancholic is amazing, well the main couple is I could do without the side couple. But then stuff like this just fails to pull me in, with it's odd dynamic.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

It's probably gonna turn out that she found out and just wants to help her study.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Yeah, I'm just not into this at all, it sucks cuz it's been a while since I've been into a yuri, well I guess the kitten one's pretty good.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

This premise was just too freaking dumb for me. I guess it's a step up from all the manga on here with gross and upsetting premises.

I hate to ask but how were you not informed enough by the title to know whether you'd like this or not?

Who said I wasn't? Just because something seems like it won't be to your taste doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a shot. Sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised. In this case I wasn't.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Nice loli save

Woaaaa I didn't remember that happening in Prism, it's been so long since I read that. I really love it, sad it's too short.

I miss prism, especially since I haven't really been into anything that mangaka has done since.

not even VAMPEERZ?

Especially VAMPEERZ

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

This premise was just too freaking dumb for me. I guess it's a step up from all the manga on here with gross and upsetting premises.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Oh, you Americans are so pure.

If you're not American, why are you just assuming others on here are? Not that being American would have anything to do with it, most people think abuse is bad.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Ending completely ruined it

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

"I can't believe it. What are you, crazy?"- "She went that far because she loves me." Serina's refusing to doubt Kanon.
"I'm scared"- "I'm happy. She's precious." She doesn't care about her worries, only about how she feels in the moment.
"I'll just get screwed again"- "This time I'm sure it'll be okay" It's a bit of unwarranted optimism with regards to an abusive relationship.
"Even my friends told me to ditch her"- "What do the others know about us?" An abuse victim disregarding what others say and only caring about the abuser.

I didn't really read that as "happy", just the thought process of someone who is helplessly trapped in an abusive relationship, unable to truly leave under her own power, I mean she is crying at the end there. To each their own interpretation though.

last edited at Jul 18, 2021 7:03PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

I like the reversal aspect of this, but that's about it. This one falls headfirst into the usual trap for this kind of work, it just feels mean spirited, rather than deep or dark, or anything like that. Out of this recent glut of works about abuse we've had on here, I think this one is one of the worst.