Forum › Posts by MarqFJA87

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Mr. Zilla posted:

Wait, did they change Mari's surname?
https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/020/543/Extra.01.png

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/027/158/02.png

Probably a case of "the kanji used for her surname usually read 'Satou', but recently we found out that it the author wants it to be read 'Katou', which is a valid reading, so we changed it accordingly". That's what happens when the author doesn't think to check whether their chosen reading is the most commonly used one, and so realize they need to add furigana (small hiragana/katakana above the kanji) to clarify the reading.

last edited at Jan 3, 2021 5:38PM

MarqFJA87
Melon Melon discussion 03 Jan 17:13
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

OrangePekoe posted:

In general, we won't be tolerating people who can't read tags in the future, hopefully drawing down on the need you describe.

What about complaints about the absence of tags that the staff constantly refuse to accept adding them due to SPOYLERZ? It's not fair to crack down on one problem while endorsing the opposite one despite it being equally problematic (just in a different way).

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Hotaru's last line is ominous.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

robblu posted:

They could have had a threesome with the guy.

Waka doesn't even like the guy. She says it outright she only went out with him to keep him away from Momo.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

KZA posted:

Brooo both suits and dresses? Fuck yeah.

Now they just have to wear suit-dress hybrids.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

elevown posted:

BTW why does Hino-sans rubber say Yuri on it?

Tsuki-chan posted:

LOL there is "yuri" written on the rubber

I didn't even notice! What eagle-eyed vision you guys have!

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

nio_neka posted:

Nakajima having her wild fantasy of Mihoko washing the car is such a classic. XD

It's "Nakashima" now, actually.

Lvia posted:

Hey uh chapter 8 is missing

Skywallker posted:

I Guess 8 ate itself for once

OrangePekoe posted:

What the.Thank you both!

And here I was wondering how I missed the email notification for Chapter 8.

last edited at Dec 21, 2020 9:06AM

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 18 Dec 15:17
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
Senchou_s_booty_by_yuriwhale_deabbcb-fullview

Reminder that Ina actually took a bite from one of her tentacles once due to hunger, found the taste awful, and confirmed that they're not octopus tentacles.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Gyaru-chan showing off dem legs.

MarqFJA87
Yuru Oyako discussion 13 Dec 18:18
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... Add one more reason to the pile for getting a decent-paying job, though I am as ever wary of how much it would cost me to subscribe to every service that I need to in order to get the privileged access. This is the biggest criticism of paywalled content/service, BTW: What one wants or even needs is often split between so many separate services that you'd bankrupt yourself if you tried to pay all of their individual fees (even when they seem pretty reasonable on their own).

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Goggled Anon posted:

The proper title for this is "Nemoto Hina (Nemo) Wants to be Hit 2", a sequel to the yet-to-be-typeset first part (my translation of which can be read here )

Haven't found a typesetter for the first part yet?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Kirin posted:

Why are cursed harem protag tropes so cute when it’s yuri? Truly a mystery of the world and definitely not the result of bias.

Probably because most harem protag tropes are ways to speedrun romantic attraction and sex without what most people would consider an 'appropriate' or 'believable' investment in terms of time and effort. So you have women randomly flashing guys and falling tit-first onto their faces through contrived coincidences instead of a mutually agreed-upon decision to engage in intercourse. This is hilariously ironic, because the intent is to make a sexually-charged encounter between a ridiculously cute girl and an average guy seem 'realistic', but the circumstances that lead into it are the pinnacle of pandering bullshit. Most people understand what authors are trying to do here, because harems aren't the most subtle of genres, and feel uncomfortable because of the gender dynamics at play- most romances tend to portray women as passive in terms of initiating romance while men generally make the first move and are later given consent.

By removing this process and the man's agency via 'lucky pervert' moments, the titillation feels 'unearned' and 'cheap', while the woman's evident discomfiture at being pushed into a compromising situation is also quite disturbing. When both parties involved are women, however, the gender dynamic largely vanishes, and the knee-jerk 'ugh' that a lot of people feel while seeing harem tropes is removed, leaving only amusement at the suddenness of the situation and excitement at the sight of an encounter. In short, stuff that would never be condoned or appreciated between a man and a woman is often forgiven or actively idealized when women are involved. So a scene where a man kisses a woman out of the blue to express attraction might make us cringe, but if it's done between two women, then the novelty of the interaction and the relative lack of media-conditioned mores would blunt the stigma. Sometimes, this is justifiable, because lesbians need their wish-fulfilment and rep after centuries of being excluded from media, and sometimes, it isn't- a lot of people will defend rape or molestation when it's girl on girl. As with everything, context is king.

TLDR double standards are at play, regardless of the potential sympatheticness of the motivation behind it on part of lesbian critics.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Throbelisk posted:

Seriously same energy:

Source for the second image?

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Anjelika posted:

This question probably has been asked before, but I'll ask anyway: why are the chapters not numbered?

Probably because it doesn't matter in which order you read them. They're only two pages long, and there's no continuing narrative if you read them in a specific order. You know, other than, "my cat maid is so cute when she does X."

Also the fact that they're literally not chapters. This isn't a full manga, just a bunch of Twitter posts. If you ever see a series where every "chapter" is 4 pages or less, it's because it's published on Twitter, which has a limit of four images per Tweet.

That being said, I've seen more than a few cases where the artist easily gets around this by replying to their own tweet with additional pages (check @BurpleNurpless' recent RWBY smut comic series for a prime example); this is easier to do on phone, since the app has a built-in option to write a reply-tweet when you exceed the character limit.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
  1. Good on Not-So-Generic-Bystander-Girl for standing up for her OTP and individuality.
  2. I didn't expect the self-flagellation at the end.
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

SouthLuke posted:

new chapter launched on raw, a new villain , a mirror armor of rapid rabbit , the user is based on hatsune miku

Is the concept of spoilers lost on you? -_-

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

FluffyCow posted:

Oh boy, this is gonna turn into a Itou Hachi comment section, isn't it?

It already has. With people claiming this is basically slavery, mentioning pedophilia, wish fulfilment, and so fourth. I'm sure we can go deeper with the Itou Hachi comment type sections, but yeah this entire series is going to be full of the usual comments.

Personally, I would've slammed the banhammer on those posts and warned them to stop importing drama from other threads, and if they really wanted to argue such matters they should just make a dedicated thread to that instead of barging their way into other threads like this one to shout their complaints. Nobody forces them to read this, and what they're doing is essentially kinkshaming under a moralistic guise.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Can we at least remove the defunct link?

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

luinthoron posted:

Did Chibi get a gender swap? I always thought it was a guy, and I could've sworn they used male pronouns before this chapter. Was it a translation error or something the author did. Also, I am positively in love with this series and want more, is the translation all up to date, or can I buy more?

Wasn't it a part of the plot? They thinking it was a male then realizing that it was female?

You two didn't look at the note on the credits page, I guess.

A lot of readers sadly just skip the credits page altogether, assuming it to always contain what they consider to be "irrelevant information". This is why I don't bother being polite at all and instead let my condescension be clear when I tell such people that whatever they're asking about is already explained in the credits page: It's a mark of utterly inexcusable laziness that they couldn't be bothered to just click one more time and give the page a quick once-over to see if there's anything in it that's not the names of the people who worked on the chapter, links to the group's site/Discord server, where to buy the official material and so on.

last edited at Nov 12, 2020 10:43AM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

TopKoak posted:

Wait. She remembers what happened after it wears off.
That provides new context for chapter 1 and 2

or mochi created a plothole

Didn't she just regain her senses while mostly naked and being asked to strip, so she got mad over that and figured out the rest after?

Yeah, it seems obvious to me that she simply deduced what happened from the fact that the last thing she remembers is drinking that alleged "jasmine tea" and suddenly feeling all hot and bothered, followed by a long gap in her memory, before "waking up" to find herself in the middle of cosplaying naughty outfits for her friend, and probably recalling her previous two experiences as an outside observer to the effects of the love potion on other people.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I love the KoguMAD expression we got. And laughed at Hino finally giving in at the end... then pulling a Raoh on us for extra comedy.

GreenTomato posted:

Well that was gay

In other news, water is wet. XD

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Goggled Anon posted:

There is a pre-serialized version on Pixiv that's, how you say, less mutually unrequited.

... I don't suppose anyone has translated that?

I've got a translation over in the /u/ TL thread archive.

... And it's just sitting there???

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

gwennie-chan posted:

Dude you like them. Just admit it. Baka.

Ushiwaka doesn't necessarily like Ryuugasaki, though. Like the crossdresser himself had pointed out, it's possible to find someone cute or beautiful without any romantic feelings being involved; Ushiwaka's problem is that so far he's incapable of comprehending that possibility.

Also, you don't have to use gender-neutral nouns for any of the drag club members. There's no actual transgenderness involved in their motives for crossdressing; even Ryuugasaki by all accounts crossdresses simply because he finds it makes him carino (or whatever other Italian adjective he might use) whereas masculine modes of dress don't suit his tastes. The accurate term to apply her is gender variance or gender-nonconformity, which may involve transgender but isn't limited to it as it's purely concerned with gender expression rather than gender identity (i.e. "gender-variant cisgender" is perfectly possible).

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Goggled Anon posted:

I can’t take it. I’m going to write chapter 11 myself and make them confess to each other.

There is a pre-serialized version on Pixiv that's, how you say, less mutually unrequited.

... I don't suppose anyone has translated that?

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I'm guessing that the girl having barely a day left before dying is probably because her implied clumsiness is destined to put her in a position where she gets accidentally killed by that time, whether from falling down a flight the stairs and breaking her neck or getting run over by a car. Kotobuki accepting her confession would logically imply that she would have some sort of effect on the girl's routine that averts that deadly event (could be as "simple" as the girl not being at that location entirely, or could be that Kotobuki in the right time and place to save the girl's life).

Furthermore, by the girl's line after the confession, I suspect that had she been rejected, she would've been driven into such a deep grief that she might have outright died from it within mere hours or even minutes (i.e. the clock would've abruptly run down by several hours in the span of seconds); as clumsy as she seems to be, it wouldn't be implausible that the rejection-induced despair would put her in such a daze that she'd quickly find herself absent-mindedly walking straight into the path of a speeding car and getting fatally hit.