Forum › Posts by captainfail

captainfail
Gamma discussion 19 Oct 13:06
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Everything is ruined. So donezoed. Miyuki x Yuri is awesome. I had so much hope.

This is why we can't have nice things. Screw this bait shit. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

last edited at Oct 19, 2016 7:52PM

captainfail
Gamma discussion 19 Oct 00:47
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

3 Chapters in. It's so good! You've got these two wise ass sisters who totally fucking get it! Yuri sisters educators and good messages.

Ch1: What makes a hero is protecting people.

Ch2: A bit of utilitarianism here. Awesome.

Ch3: Not as good as the last but I like the way Miyuki goes about it. She stated reasons to be a hero and then helped the hero work through issues. There wasn't any bad "guilt" tactics apart from giving a simple and true projection of the difference a hero could make.

last edited at Oct 19, 2016 1:12AM

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Sumi knows what love is when you shave off all the extra stuff that tends to get stuck to love.

captainfail
Image Comments 15 Oct 02:50
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016
Accidentalenabler

Enabler :)

captainfail
Their Story discussion 15 Oct 01:54
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

It's also common practice to not miss blatant jokes. You might try that out.

I know. It is a joke used to represent the eyebrow touching in a negative light by 'jokingly' compare it to stuffing finger's into people's eyes with no warning. It is an exaggeration of what SJ did but in doing so, it implies that what she did is not acceptable since you make it seem like it is a lesser version of another unacceptable act.

Of course, what really happened is that SJ did it with warning, after QT agrees, and is merely affectionately touching QT where she thinks QT is cute.

last edited at Oct 15, 2016 1:58AM

captainfail
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

I nearly died laughing. Censorship kills.

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

You missed it completely. It isn't the abuse from Yasuko. It is abuse from everyone else. She was abused and thrown away, so when Yasuko accepted her, she felt like it was the first time someone actually cared about her hence "only one person in the world to call me family". So she clinged to Yasuko as her last hope. So people say her feelings for Yasuko are not ok, because she wasn't really attracted to her or anything. She needed emotional support and Yasuko give it to her, so she just blindly started to rely on it and rebuild her entire world around Yasuko. It isn't as much a love but trying to copy with years of abuse.

That is such an awful thing to assume. It doesn't work that way. Like I said, people can still love when they are hurt. How do you know Sunako is not attracted to Yasuko? To say that Sunako is merely coping is to put her down even further by invalidating her love. You're claiming that she can not overcome her suffering which is not true.

People who are hurt are still people. They can be strong and resilient and move past their pain. Sunako fell in love with Yasuko and to say it is otherwise is to deprive her of autonomy.

Yasuko showed care for Sunako and Sunako fell in love. Even though the reason why Sunako loves Yasuko is because Yasuko is the only person who is nice to her, that is still love. Love is an emotion and everyone's emotions are from all sorts of reasons. A lot of people fall in love with others who are kind to them, and if they are the only one who is kind to them, that doesn't mean the love is "messed up" or "a complex".

As long it's yuri, it's ok.

I know you're not being serious but I am not amused.

last edited at Oct 15, 2016 12:59AM

captainfail
Their Story discussion 14 Oct 14:38
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Touching eyelashes is just flirtatious action.

Who the heck makes that kind of gesture that goes that deep into personal space with someone who they're not in an intimate relationship with already?

Someone who does not recognize it as going too deep into personal space considering that they're always so close to each other? I mean they hug and have A LOT of close physical contact. The physical contact is initiated by QT as much as it is by SJ. So they're both okay with touching. Hell, SJ ASKED and QT said okay. This is another form of close physical contact. One we may not be familiar with but people have their own ways of expressing themselves.

I dunno about where you live but it's a common greeting around here to stuff your fingers into peoples' eyes with no warning.

I dunno bout you but it's common practice to complete misrepresent facts in order to twist perception of something in a way that one prefers. See? I can do it too. Although to be honest, this is actually a common practice called rhetoric. It's even taught in high school.

SJ is not greeting QT. She's not stuffing her fingers into QT's eyes either. She had a moment where she's really drawn to QT and QT let her touch her eyelashes. It's like when someone sees a pretty flower and wants to touch the petals.

I just read this from the start in a few hours. The wait is gonna kill me.

last edited at Oct 15, 2016 2:00AM

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

People are calling this "messed up" and "a complex" because this isn't a healthy relationship. If it's not obvious enough on the first readthrough, "Only one person in the world was 'family' to me" appears smack dab in the middle of the page where she falls in love. As I said, this is right as she finds something permanent; the story makes a point of taking everything else away and "A Love Smeared In Ashes" shows us just how much abuse she'll take without complaint, with her only "snapping" out of pure possessiveness.

Thanks for the reply.

I want to ask, what do you mean by "Only one person in the world was 'family' to me" appears smack dab in the middle of the page where she falls in love. As I said, this is right as she finds something permanent; the story makes a point of taking everything else away..." I do not understand.

If I may guess, I think the overall argument you've presented is that it is unhealthy because Sunako is willing to take shit from Yasuko and is possessive. I agree that possessiveness is bad. However we only see a bit of that in like 1 scene so I don't think it's enough. If a few moments of jealously are enough to make a relationship, "messed up", the majority of yuri on this site would be "messed up".

As for taking shit, I first want to mention that some siblings will give each other a lot of crap all the time. In this case, I believe Yasuko was an ass to Sunako because she felt insecure. I do not think there is malicious intent and it is implied that this behavior is coming to an end.

Sunako taking Yasuko's shit, is most likely because she's more resilient. After getting stabbed in the gut, a paper cut will probably go unnoticed. So I don't think it is taking abuse without complaint so much as not noticing relatively minor transgressions. I mean, siblings can be jerks to each other yet ultimately, the amount of harm they truly cause is minor. While it is not good that she is more open to being hurt than normal, it is not an aspect of the relation but rather her own mentality that probably needs some adjustment, and it does not mean she is okay with taking serious abuse.

Sunako has a troubled past yes. She's not a normal ass person with the same tolerance as a normal ass person. However there is no evidence that Sunako is okay with full force abuse either. If Yasuko turned into Sunako's mom, I don't think Sunako would be okay with that. She fell in love with someone who was nice to her, and didn't really care too much about the minor belligerence. I think it is quite close minded to call a relationship as "messed up" and call it a "complex" because it has its share of problems.

Again, I would like some clarification on the first part of your explanation.

Now, the author clearly presents it as a sugary-sweet explanation of what set Sunako's heart aflutter. However, this isn't some sort of death-of-the-author analysis that's going on: we're not seeing blue curtains and reading endless amounts of imagery into them. What we're doing is quite literally looking at it literally, looking at the pieces the author presents us with and figuring out how they fit together, which isn't as happy as the story presents itself as. (I will float the idea, however, that the story is deliberately multilayered and what we're seeing on further analysis was put there intentionally)

I see it as a presentation of how a sweet relationship between two flawed individuals begins. As you say, it really isn't a happy tale and I think that's the point. It is a sad one full of hope.

last edited at Oct 14, 2016 2:07AM

captainfail
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Oh damn I just realized: She waited 7 years meaning for her, the last Fallout game was 2008. She missed out on New Vegas! Wow. Unbelievable :(

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 6:59PM

captainfail
Image Comments 13 Oct 13:07
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016
Ctaopxyuiaarhdb

Nice art. And it's not Pharmercy so I can get behind it. Pharah triggers me really hard. Everytime I see a Pharah I just want to cut that bird down. And these days, it is ever so hard to reach those heights. (You can tell I'm a Genji main).

captainfail
Image Comments 13 Oct 13:02
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016
52747669_p3

Ah, Negitoro, one of my favourite pairings. I am always happy to ship some software.

captainfail
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

I like the idea of a shounen yuri manga.

Me too. I guess the overlap between the fans of shounen and yuri is too small though which is sad. I want my girl's love punctuated by high action heroics. Thinking of AnR right now.

Well, there is always Claymore

Claymore is yuri? Really? I watched like 2 episodes and well, it didn't look like it would have much yuri.

captainfail
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

I love that last line. "Because you are dearer to me than my selfish whims." It showcases what I really believe love is at its core: A selfless desire to make someone happy.

Though I do wish for Sakuya to change her mind and become immortal.

last edited at Oct 15, 2016 1:00AM

captainfail
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Ah this chapter. Life priorities goes something like this: Competitive Games (Dota 2, CS:GO, SC2) > Casual Games (Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Fallout 4) > Other stuff like girlfriends.

I like the idea of a shounen yuri manga.

Me too. I guess the overlap between the fans of shounen and yuri is too small though which is sad. I want my girl's love punctuated by high action heroics. Thinking of AnR right now.

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 12:58PM

captainfail
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Oh man I was about to pick this up cuz it looked cute but this just ain't gonna work for me.

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Patience! Consent! Now that's hot! (I sound like one of those posters)

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Why are people calling this messed up? Sunako has a shitty life. That does not mean she is unable to fall in love. That's really condescending saying that just because she has no one to care about her, cannot fall in love with someone who does finally care about her cuz because it's a complex or something. She's not some fragile glassware that should be sheltered, protected, and barred from making her own decisions as an autonomous individual.

You know what sucks more than making a potential mistake and being hurt? Not being allowed to make a potential mistake and be hurt.

Is it the best starting ground for a relationship? Maybe not. But just because everything is not ideal sunshine and rainbows, that does not mean it is not possible for someone to legitimately fall in love. Love is more than the initial situation from which it spawned.

last edited at Oct 15, 2016 12:58AM

captainfail
Sisters discussion 12 Oct 23:49
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

As a huge incest fan... I simply can not bring myself to read this. I really can't handle non-con.

captainfail
Beloved L discussion 12 Oct 23:47
Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Purple Library Guy
I can actually understand why the girl was winding the doctor up telling those lies. She's making a point. When you're a "troubled kid", responsible adults with qualifications have this tendency to put you in a category and listen mostly to what they want to hear that will fit you neatly in a pigeonhole so they can do the generic help that fits the category. They want to make you a solved problem so they can feel professionally successful, and they want you to stay in your box of "patient to be helped appropriately" while they do it. They want everyone to stick to their assigned roles. My daughter suffers from depression and I've seen them doing it with her and I've seen her contempt for it as these people who aren't as smart as she is try to predict everything about her from some script they're parroting.

So the girl was like "Here. Here's one of the stories you expect to hear so you can file me away. Here's another. Yeah, those were both lies--now would you bloody look at ME already and stop hiding behind your 'professionalism'?!"
And it worked. So I don't think people should just be writing her behaviour off as "immature".

Hi. So I've seen you in a few discussions. Thank you for being so fucking rational and intelligent all the time :D
Have you ever done any philosophy?

last edited at Oct 12, 2016 11:48PM