Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Eh. I really liked the show, but the Manga goes in an … odd direction. One season may be for the best.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yeaaaah, kinda tired of misunderstandings and jealousy plots that would be resolved in minutes if people talked to each other.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Some parts of jealousy plots might get solved by better communication, in as much as the jealous partner can rationally know their lover has no intention of leaving them. However, that doesn't necessarily make the feelings go away. For example, if Kase could get jealous of Hana because she gets to spend more time with Yamada. Even if Kase knows there's a good reason for that (Hana and Yamada are in the same department at the same school, while Kase isn't) and that Yamada wouldn't leave her for Hana, she still might be jealous because she wants to spend more time with her girlfriend and see's someone new getting to do that instead. Of course, this would likely result in very different behavior than if she actually thought there was something, besides friendship and plants, between Hana and Yamada.

This relates to another, similar, plot that I suspect is more likely on Yamada's end: Feelings of inadequacy. Even if you talk to your partner and know they think your great, better than anyone else you both know and you might compare yourself to, you still might feel like you come up short. It's perfectly possible for Yamada to look at Fukami and think "Wow! She's so cool, and pretty, and on top of things and I'm not and Kase is spending tons of time around her? What chance do I have?" Even if Kase then assures her that she prefers Yamada by a country mile, that's not going to erase all of the internal values that Yamada used to come to her conclusion, especially if she's more worried about Kase's feelings changing in the future.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yamada is as innocent as ever it seems. Kase's reaction to her not quite getting the sleeping over bit was entertaining.

That was funny about Yamada being suckered into a crappy part time job (it’s a bad sign when a bunch of previous employees quit before you start working there—pay sucks, crappy boss, business going bankrupt). A friend using her like that isn’t a friend in my book.

I have a feeling they all quit because working at a garden shop was a lot harder than what they were expecting, particularly if they were just expecting a florist.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

... I was not actually expecting a girl in a full on space suit to actually show up. ...

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Huh. I was just checking the comments to see if this got better, but it looks like it hasn't? The first chapter seemed interesting, but from the sound of it it went down hill fast and kept going.

Omega Deuse
Roid discussion 24 Mar 13:24
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I was mostly just making a terminator joke, although I do see there being a rich seedbed for jealousy to bloom its ugly head in that the copy and the original are the same person except the original is left crippled in her wheel chair while the other version of her gets a beautiful fully functional body to live in. It would be like having two versions of yourself where one version gets to live a much better life than the other. It is only natural that you would begin to envy the version of yourself that can walk, dance and run like you've been wanting for all the years since your legs were smashed.

The copy would feel the exact same way about your accomplishments, your friends and your life that you do because in essence your life is its life. The only problem is there is only one you shaped hole in the world that you perfectly fill and now there are two people who feel that spot belongs to them and it is their job to continue filling it. Which version of you inherits your job for instance or better yet your lover? It's going to suck competing for these sorts of things against an exact copy of yourself that has been given a functioning body where yours remains broken.

And this is why most legislations in GURPS Transhuman Space have criminalized having multiple copies of a single digitalised personality active simultaneously. Well, one of many good reasons.

On the other end of the spectrum, Eclipse Phase has people doing that fairly regularly.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Huh. I don't think the two-tone think works as well in this manga as that other one.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This has already diverged from Futari Monologue (and lots of other delinquent things in my experience) by having the non-delinquent interpret a "see you tomorrow" as just a "see you tomorrow" and not a "see you tomorrow pipsqueak, you better have my fuckin money or I'm gonna kill you"

Actually, that is a pretty interesting difference from most similar manga. Neither one seems overly dense or incapable of understanding basic communication. It's more that they're both too shy to directly confess or hold a meaningful conversation. Or, put another way, they're both DORKS!, but not idiot or lunatics.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 16 Mar 01:14
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Dopratwu0aalmgm-orig

Me: You can't tell a complex yuri story with just two panel...

This artist: Hold my beer

I'd argue this is four panels, with two of them having unusual framing. Still, you can tell very complex stories in a rather small amount of space, so a true two panel story wouldn't surprise me.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 16 Mar 01:09
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Paco_eien_mikan_3127952_p0

Looking in Marisa's mind was just asking for trouble

Huh? Where's Marisa in this?

I love how Yukari holds a conversation with her and knows exactly what her power is and still just thinks about xxx with Reimu lol

She's probably intentionally thinking of it just to mess with her. Not that Yukari wouldn't trend that way for her own reasons.

Omega Deuse
Lily Marble discussion 08 Mar 18:28
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Woo. That was a quick turn about. When she was first introduced I thought she was going to be some sort of seductress or that she'd try to go after one of the girls to add some drama, but that definitely doesn't seem to be the case. I'll look forward too seeing how this new pair works into the existing dynamics. Hopefully we'll see more of her partner.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 07 Mar 23:35
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
D01j586w0aya3ev-orig

I love this take on these two. The flustered Scot and the amorous Frenchwoman. I'll take all of them.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 02 Mar 01:02
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Himajin_noizu_72153811_p12

Why wouldn't she let it happen?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 02 Mar 01:01
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
46020589_p0

Question: Penny is a robot and her body was cut in half. Depending on where her memory and central processor were, shouldn't she be relatively easy to rebuild/resurrect?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I still don't get the plot.

Why would she go to somebody's house to smoke when that person doesn't even smoke?

What does 'dude' have to do anything with the plot? Is he her ex-bf or something?

What was all the internal monologue about?

The internal monologue was one of them dithering over confessing to the other. The felt they were in an awkward place because they started having sex before they started dating and didn't know how to proceed. This was exacerbated by the fact that they also weren't sure what they really wanted or, at the least, were afraid to ask. That said, I'm not sure which girl is meant to be the narrator.

The black haired girl wasn't going over to smoke. She thought the blonde was a smoker so she used bringing a pack over, to be nice, as an excuse to see the blonde. The blonde occasionally smoked, but mostly with friends and didn't really liked it. She only made a show of smoking the black haired girls cigerettes because she knew they were being used as an excuse and wanted to keep that excuse valid.

The dude wasn't really relevant to the plot beyond the fact that he left smoker paraphernalia over at the blond's house and that caused the black haired girls misunderstanding. He could be just about anyone, like a younger brother who smokes at her place to avoid their parents noticing or a colleague who comes over because they like chatting and they smoke when they relax.

last edited at Mar 1, 2019 5:11AM

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 19 Feb 01:37
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
7894959_p0

I don't care what anybody says, these two were so gay for each other in the game.

Wait. That was in dispute? I thought that was a large part of their shtick in the first game?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 19 Feb 01:31
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Dzbeeovuuamdmb0-orig

When you don't give a shit about human lives, but fail to realize your crush takes her job very seriously.

Does she? I feel like half the depictions of Eirin have her as a mad doctor. A very good doctor, but a mad one none the less.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

"Queer feeling" indeed...

Aww, i was going to post that.

Which also means weird hahaha if some didn’t know xD but i agree

I was actually going to ask about that line. I'm kind-of curious what it was translated from, because queer has two meanings and both could almost work there, but they're also both slightly off.

last edited at Feb 15, 2019 5:46PM

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 11 Feb 22:10
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
73044744_p0

Blake and Weiss in the last panel are the best.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 07 Feb 15:06
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
70599539_p0

Is the series available for streaming anywhere in the US? I've been meaning to finish it.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I find it interesting that we're getting a bit of Koyuki's parents' perspective on their budding relationship.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is Toreko like part Oni or something? It would certainly explain the stupid strength.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I feel like that kid is going to have some deep seated confusion when he grows up.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I don't think this is quite as dark or twisted as some people are making it out to be. They definitely play it off as bullying in front of others, but I don't think either character actually takes it that way at all.

Like the flower thing would be some pretty major bullying, but the dark hairded girl takes it as being given flowers, going so far as to keeping and taking care of them.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Ooyama's facial expressions remind me of Komi from Komi-san.

I don't mind this.