Forum › Posts by Yuri Girl 1001

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Thank you for your suggestions. Now that I've thought about it, though I'm not sure, I can't remember "baka" being used by any of the major groups here. I will probably remove it. I do, however remember terms like sempai, kohai, and sensei (as a form of address) used.

I did spend quite a lot of time cleaning the images but I have no doubt that there is more. There are a couple of cases where I couldn't see a way to redraw the page-fold area, so I lightened it and used it as is. Also, I didn't really try to clean them out of heavily patterned areas, due to the difficulty and them being less obvoius; should I? I probably won't spend the time to go over every image with a fine tooth comb, but I'll see what I can do. Of course who knows what will happen when I get started; I've already spent hours going over a few of the images in minute detail. For what it is worth, I think the images are coming out cleaner on my new project, as I slowly improve my techniques.

As far as the font selection, I did use different fonts where the original differed. But until I choose and download new fonts, I have only the standard set, and I guess they don't look that different. I hope this will be fixed when I do that.

By the way, thanks go to Yuri Project. When I was trying to figure out what I was doing, I looked to their website for pointers. That helped me out a lot, though clearly I only tried to follow some of their standards.

Anyway, thanks again, everybody, for all the pointers and suggestions; I hope to start my revisions sometime today

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Thanks. Twenty two pages of fonts... I'm sure I will find a number that are useful. Specifically, a quick look found 'Architect's Daughter' which looks like it might be useful. I will look through them.

last edited at Apr 1, 2013 5:30PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Holy crap! You have no idea how long I've been waiting to read this one. I love Otsu Hiyori, and Your Cuteness is a freakin' awesome yuri collection. Whenever I looked at the table of contents page and saw this story it always left me dying to be able to read it.

The story itself also doesn't disappoint. I wonder why Lilicious skipped it way back when. The characters in this one are totally hnnnngh-worthy...man Otsu Hiyori is great.

And that is exactly why I chose this for Fly by Yuri's first project.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Thank you all for the wonderful comments, though of course 99% of the credit goes to Otsu Hiyori.

Just letting you know, after having received some feedback on this, I will probably be doing some revisions and re-posting in a week or two. This was my first effort after all. There should only be minor changes.

last edited at Apr 1, 2013 5:20PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Thank you Anonko and Jacqli for the feedback; I was specifically looking for some.

I will agree that some of the language is stilted and needs improving. As to the size of the text, I admit that I was probably overacting to scanlations I have seen with way to small of text (though I haven’t noticed any on this site). Now that you mention it, it does seem kind of like shouting. Punctuation on every line and editing every bubble are fine with me either way, so I will go with what seems to be the norm, though I kind of like those vertical dots. As for the fonts, I don’t have most of the fonts commonly used for this. If I can get them cheaply, I’ll be glad to switch that. “Star-sama,” now that is awkward in English; I will try to come up with a good alternative.

Now about the use of “baka”, I have seen this used in many scanlations, and I felt it fit the flow of the story better. I agree “idiot” would work, but I would like more input before making that change. The use of –chan (honorifics) is common all over the place including many of the mangas at Dynasty scans as well as many licensed mangas. I do not like dropping honorifics in any kind of translation. It seems to me that the real problem here is that Makoto uses “Momo-chan” EVERY time she refers to Momo, never “you” or any other word. This gets old, so perhaps changing some of the usages to other words, or in some cases, dropping the name completely. Or perhaps changing something like “What will Momo-chan do?” to “What will you do, Momo-chan?”

In any case, I will see what I can do with it, and in a few days I will post a revision.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Thanks. That was fast.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Thanks. I'll send you an email with the details and attach the zip file.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Prism discussion 01 Apr 05:25
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I Agree it was a very good manga. I just verified it personally; Prism disappears from the Japanese Tsubomi after volume 17.

last edited at Apr 1, 2013 5:26AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I have formed a new (very small) scanlation group named "Fly by Yuri" and we would like to upload our first project to dynasty scans. At this time there are no plans for a web site. Would I need to upload it to media fire and submit an upload request? I could give you our groups email and details on the project on the request form. Or is there a better way?

By the way, this is NOT an April fools joke.

last edited at Apr 1, 2013 4:44AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

As soon as I saw the banner, it seemed strange. The message seemed a bit off and very unlike dynasty scans. Even so, you had me worried. Then I saw the April fools comment in this forum.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Can i download the chapter 9 and 10 and then put english words in the right bubbles? o_O .. I've started doin' that yesterday. It doesn't look so bad, even thought it's my totally first try. I don't know which program or which style of writing to use, so i'm just doin' it in "Draw" and i choose random style - -'

If you are working from the Yuri Project translations, check out their guidelines at http://wiki.yuriproject.net/guidelines, and then post your work back to Yuri Project.