Forum › Posts by zensunni

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

So... Now that she understands that she was being an ironclad b!tch, she's ready to apologize and admit to both of them that she likes girls and has always liked girls? And that, in particular, she likes the brave girl who just came to try to hook her up with the girl SHE likes? sigh... I'm not sure I'm going to like the ending, but I'll be happy if there is no more lying!

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

The end seems like it might be a series, but I'm guessing it was a one-shot... Too bad, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that group. Non NSFW stuff with Mira's gorgeous characters is nice! Kind of like "The Sea, You, and the Sun" without the H scenes. (Which there really weren't that many of...)

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

So... only two more chapters left... I have to say I am still finding this one interesting, even if the characters are frustrating.

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Is it just me or did they made Sakurako gayer?

And thirstier. Not that I'm complaining or anything. God bless this 'subtext'.

If they keep this up we could change "subtext" back to "yuri" :)

I was thinking the same thing! The dorm mom certainly thinks they're all over each other! And the new neighbors are pretty much a yuri match made in heaven and the "quiet" one flat out said the "athletic" one is gorgeous.

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

I find this pretty cute, but a little hard to follow. Does anyone else find the flow of the story disjointed? As for the new kitty, I expect she might cause problems between our couple, if nothing else just because of Yuki's insecurity.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I think it may already be too late for Nana... She may be immortal already!

joined Feb 18, 2015

Rip Saori, unless Canno actually uses an AnoKiss Theater character for once.

Well, there is one case of an AnoKiss Theater character who was used in a later chapter. Kaoru - the girl from Yurine's middle school who picked up her pen and then helped her win the teddy bear competition. She was originally introduced in the Chapter 6 AnoKiss Theater section. Then in chapter 18, she came into the forefront as a character with Yurine in the thing with the teddy bears and then the thing with inviting Yurine to the fireworks festival, though the second chapter focuses more on the two friends then on her.

^^ I'm actually not sure we're gonna see Saori again. Little Theater characters rarely appear in the story proper, but that might change I guess. Otherwise, yeah, I don't think Haine has any romantic interest in Yurine; she's actually surprisingly lucid about her flaws.

About Yurine needing an actual friend… I thought about Ai (y'know, Chiharu's hyper BFF) but Ai doesn't seem to be the perceptive kind, so yeah. Ayaka realizing that she's really not that different from Yurine wouldn't be surprising either.

^ Well, that's how this series works; Canno develops old characters by connecting them to new ones who end up getting their own arc afterwards (Yurine being recruited by Yukina and Towako, Ayaka being interviewed by Sawa and Itsuki, Izumi meeting Amane...) If anything, this allows for smooth transitions.

Speaking of which, updated chart!

I've been really impressed with the way the story flows from one arc to the next all along. It is really extremely well done. I absolutely love the way Canno introduces the next relationship gradually by introducing one of the characters and then bringing in their complications for their full arc, then periodically shifting back to one of the two main couples. (Yurine x Ayaka / Mizuki x Moe)

last edited at May 15, 2017 3:22AM

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

And with chapter 4 the three couples come together... This has gotten good...

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Still need someone to do this please

You can just submit fixes via the Upload Request page much like any other upload, including notes on what it fixes in the description.

Already did that. Still looks like it hasn't been updated though...

You know, your avatar is so entirely appropriate for the "Someone please do this? Is anyone listening?" vibe coming from the posts... Not that this is at all productive, but it put a smile on my face... LOL!

Oh thank God they'll both keep calling eachother Kase and Yamada, that Tomoka and Yui crap was just wrong!

I hope Kase keeps trying to call Yamada Yui, at least in private and eventually wears her down to the point where she can handle the intimacy of having her girlfriend call her by her first name in public. I think it is an important step. After all, at one point she was thinking that it would be nice if her name was Kase Yui, after all... Then it would be really strange to call her Yamada still, and even stranger for her to call Tomoka "Kase". (Of course, to do that they would have to do one of those strange adult adoption things with Kase's parents or go overseas and get married in another country and officially change her name somehow. Not sure if the Japanese government recognizes those types of marriages, though, so it may not work as a way to change her name... I know the adult adoption thing is one way lesbians have used to get on the same family registry in the past, though. It makes them official family and then they have family rights.)

Nezchan said:

Yamada really is a lot more confident now, isn't she? Will my dream of her initiating a kiss with Kase-san really come true?

I'm glad you said that, because everything physical has been initiated by Kase san. Though I'm impressed as shy as Yamada could be, she often took the initiative to visit Kase, especially when she felt Kase was lonely. I'll flip soooo many tables the day Yui initiates a kiss!

Well, in chapter 15 of the original, Yamada PRACTICALLY initiated a kiss. When Kase was upset over the fact that they were going to be separated because of college, Yamada hugged her head to her chest and comforted her, then when Kase came in for the kiss, Yamada stopped her because she was afraid she would get blood on her clothes from her bloody nose, then Kase took off her shirt and they kissed. It was technically Kase leaning in for the kiss, but Yamada initially said no, then was fine with it once she wasn't going to get blood on her shirt, so it is clear that Yamada was in control there. (Though probably not in control of her own hormones once Kase had taken off her shirt!)

Yamada really had Kase-san flustered! Had her at a total loss for words!

I wonder if she gets embarrassed by being called "Yui" because it makes her think of sex with Kase-san.

I'd bet that's the case!

last edited at May 11, 2017 12:09PM

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

I like it. I don't think there's any question about the feelings of the MC at the end. She is definitely in love. Whether it is unrequited love for a girl who is gregarious and kind to everyone or she was actually correctly interpreting the other girl's signals and she had been hitting on her the whole time is left to interpretation. The look on her face at the end suggests she is definitely surprised that the MC is coming after her, but I don't think that means she isn't going to be happy about it.

Kodama Naoko's one-shots are frequently quite enigmatic, though... She seems to be a fan of open ended short stories.

joined Feb 18, 2015

So the rep from another school swoops in and snatches her up? I hope she smashes Emilia good by the end!

zensunni
Image Comments 10 May 00:01
joined Feb 18, 2015

Riiiiight!

zensunni
Two Spirals discussion 09 May 14:10
joined Feb 18, 2015

This almost felt like a chapter from another story, and not just because I forgot what happened in the first one. Even after reading the left turn felt somewhat jarring. Talk about Drama with a capital D.

I know! I had to re-read the first chapter to remember what was happening and where we were. It does pretty much continue directly from the end of that chapter, though. It's just that the beginning of the first chapter is so different.

As for whether it is incest (not that it matters, it is a story folks, and an extremely far fetched science fantasy one at that) I am thinking it probably TECHNICALLY isn't. If you recall, the last thing Minami's 'mother' said to her was, "I'm not your mother!" In addition, Minami is obviously some sort of experimental subject herself, with her ultra high bone density and extreme speed, endurance, and strength. I mean, she was hit by a car and got up and ran home! Normal people don't do that! So I'd guess she and her 'mother' were both experimental subjects and for some reason her mother became unstable and ran off with her or something and the other girl is her clone.

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

So, the last chapter was technically the LAST chapter of Kase-san and ... and now we have a NEW series of Yamada to Kase-san! AWESOME!!!! Yamada and Kase-san, the college years! No more when will they, other then just... you know... when will they fit it into their busy schedules... like normal busy students at schools that are 50 minutes apart! (That's almost like being in an LDR even if they're both in Tokyo! I mean, here in Central Illinois, if two kids who were dating were going to U of I and ISU they would be about that distance apart and in totally different towns and probably hardly ever see each other! Good public transportation makes a huge difference!)

joined Feb 18, 2015

Looks like Saori has a thing for Haine and doesn't even know it.

She knows it, she just doesn't know WHO Haine is! (If she sees her with Ayaka and Yurine, she'll be likely to think Ayaka is the one who was playing the piano based on her preconceived notions... Though her hair isn't straight... Hopefully she'll get over the fact that Haine doesn't have black hair!)

I really don't see this arc heading toward polyamory, unlike the last arc. For one thing, there's that bit at the end that suggests Saori is probably going to end up with Haine... Also, look at the cover picture of Haine, Yurine, and Ayaka. Yurine is gazing adoringly into Ayaka's eyes, while Ayaka grasps her hand and looks like she is worried sick about her, gazing back at her. Meanwhile, Haine and Yurine's hands are resting on each other, not clasped, in a friendly manner in other words, while she looks toward the unknown (Saori's) hand reaching toward her from out of the frame.

There is also the fact that Ayaka and Yurine are 2nd year high school students while Haine and Saori are 2nd year middle school students. That is a three year difference. In ten years, that wouldn't be much of a difference, and I will admit, I dated a couple of girls who were that much younger than myself when I was in high school. (I was a senior and they were freshmen... well, one was right after I graduated, so I guess she was a sophomore and I was a recent graduate.) But you rarely if ever see that kind of age gap in manga. If there's an age gap, it is usually a serious age gap of five to ten years.

No, I think what Yurine needs is someone other than Ayaka who is actually a friend and someone who can bring out what she seriously lacks, which is the ability to care about anything that isn't Ayaka. Of course, the thing that kept going through my mind through the entire section when Haine was asking her if she ever felt passionate about anything was, "OF COURSE YOU HAVE! What about AYAKA!!!!!! But I guess that doesn't count, since it isn't something of a similar nature to playing the piano or gardening or sports. The other question that was going through my mind was, Isn't Ayaka exactly the same? She doesn't have anything she is passionate about other than being number 1, which is just academics. It isn't doing something for something's sake. And she's already been dealing with the fact that it is really about her mother and not herself anyway. So I wonder if Ayaka will have a bit of crisis while she helps Yurine through hers?

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

"How can you say you hate something I lo..." The covered up word is obviously love. She finally admitted it, at least to herself. Now she's setting out to make Nanami stop hating herself, which is step 1 on the path to her being able to stop lying about her own feelings... You go Yuu! You might need Sayaka's help... I don't know if she'll be willing, though. In order to get her help, Yuu will probably have to admit her feelings to Sayaka, which opens up a whole can of worms...

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, I'll keep reading, but I doubt that I'll enjoy the ending much... sigh...

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

^ Y'know, I always see Yuu as the bottom. I mean, I love it when she teases the heck out of Touko (when will we get to see more of this again? ; . ;), but I don't see her topping Touko. Could be wrong. Tho I wouldn't mind being wrong...

I can see that happening, when she convinces Touko to love herself and let Yuu love her.

SOOOO looking forward to this chapter... and ALL the chapters of this great manga!

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 1:06PM

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Wow... It's been a while since we had new "Fragments" content! Good to get it though! It's my favorite of Takemiya Jin's manga.

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

I have a bad feeling that Anna is going to cheat with that girl she keeps looking at.

That is the neighbor's daughter... She's a teenager. I don't think there's going to e a problem with Anna robbing the cradle in order to cheat on the woman she has loved for the past 12 years...

I do think Saki will have some issues to deal with and, obviously, Anna has more issues to deal with than she is letting on, in particular about her father. But Saki already knows this and is probably prepared to deal with it. Probably more prepared than Anna is, frankly.

If anyone might be in danger of cheating i could be Saki, with the woman who came over to talk with her and got her to play the drinking game. Anna didn't look too happy about that, I don't think. But I doubt that as well. (However, that could be a part of the story line, with Saki getting drunk and doing something she regrets and then realizing that she might have thrown away what she truly does want, which is to marry Anna and be with her forever, by doing it. I hope not!)

last edited at Apr 24, 2017 1:47PM

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

I love that they don't dither around about it more than necessary. They have their awkward moments, but they go out on their date and go for it! Love it! It is short, but sweet. I wouldn't mind seeing more about the whole group, though!

joined Feb 18, 2015

Updated chapter 30 with redraws and editing.

Ah, that's why I'm getting the sense of deja vu... Not that I mind rereading that chapter! It is one of my favorites!

zensunni
Two and Two discussion 13 Apr 16:50
joined Feb 18, 2015

This is just something very else :D

You misspelled "awesome". :D

LOL! Perfectly stated!

Should this be tagged as having a love triangle?

Does it count if everyone's fine with it?

How about love polygon? But wait... It doesn't need any of that, because it has the correct tag: Polyamory!

Younger pairing is cute af. I wished they stayed together. I'm sorry, I'm not really into polyamory, however, it is really nice to see a representation of a polyamorous relationship.

It is especially nice to see it presented in a fairly positive light. The older two girls obviously love each other in a deep way already, they just had chosen to keep it non romantic, partially due to their mutual preferences for younger women. The way it is written was humorous, but fairly believable...

last edited at Apr 13, 2017 4:56PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

That ending is so ambiguous. Does she kill her or kiss her? I like this piece, but it's so melancholy.

Exactly! It looked like she couldn't decide...

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Feeling bad for Yuu. I wish she had someone to confide in too as it seems she's all alone in this. What Touko is saying is "She's so sweet, but I really can't trust her".

It's actually the opposite. Yuu is the only person Touko trusts, she did want to talk to her about her sister problems but is afraid of Yuu thinking Touko is taking advantage of her kindness.
I think Touko is going to use Sayaka for comfort instead, now that both of them know that Sayaka is aware of Touko's issues and Touko is fine with that. This will get interesting...

Actually, that could be a really good thing for Yuu... If Sayaka can take the "Friend she can confide in about things and knows about who I really am" tag off of Yuu's back, Yuu can feel free to expose her true feelings and let Touko have it full force and tell her just how loved she really is! (Not saying Sayaka will like that... But she might accept it in the end...)

Maybe I need to go back and read something but can someone just clear this up here. Why exactly is Touko trying to be her sister? Did her parents want her to be just like her or did she come to that conclusion by herself? Because I don't see the point in it... Like you can mourn your sister and be yourself. She doesn't really even know how her sister really acted, which is kind of sad. It just makes me feel like her and her sister weren't actually close in the sibling way but they just had appearances to keep up.

But it was nice to see Sayaka comfort her, I can tell it bothers Yuu that Touko didn't come to her first but I like how the best friend isn't being excluded in place of the main couple.

I think the reason she is trying to "be her sister" might be something even simpler than that. Remember the dream sequence where she remembers the last time she saw her sister before her accident? Her sister went to the store for her mother because she lost at Rock-Paper-Scissors, and she never came home. I think Touko might feel responsible for her sister's death at some level. Kind of the, "If I'd just gone to the store like mom asked instead of making a fuss, she'd still be alive" type of thing.

And the new chapter should be out in Japan, right? I'm soooooo looking forward to it!!!!!

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 12:22AM