Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Anyway, there're so many mangaka that I like, for various different reasons, that I can hardly rank them.

The first one I idolized was Rumiko Takahashi, because I fell in love with Kyôko from Maison Ikkoku.

last edited at May 6, 2015 8:34AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Don't you ever sleep?

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It should be tagged as complete. The afterword says it is. As well as Mangaupdates.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Currently, Shou Higashiyama.

Can't wait for the next chapter of Stretch, due today (though it's not yuri (yet))

But mostly, I don't tie my favorites to a genre. I've been moved to tears by "Bokura no hentai" and it's not even yuri.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Does it have to be yuri?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Okay, I sleep a good night and this thread gets 5 more pages of nonsense. That's the Internet for you.

And I apologize to yuri_girl, because I guess the question was genuine (or she's a really good actress). Though I still think the question was dumb.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

And that's just talking about books and mangas. If you want to include doujinshi, yaoi had stores with whole floors dedicated to it. And I'm talking about regular stores in Akihabara, not some hard to find small store that you can only find if you know where to look.

Fujoshis have a tremendous buying power.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Adachi is the master of sports+romance manga. I think I learned about the thing called Baseball because of Touch.

And about yaoi, I find the whole "balance of power" thing between the characters (seme x uke) annoying and it's difficult to find some without.

I like Katsu a lot more than Touch, which feels kinda dated. But if you want to stick with baseball, Cross Game is really good.

Touch is really old yeah. I didn't say it was my favorite, but it's the one that made him famous I think.

And I've already read Cross Game, but somehow, it's the same feel than Touch, so sometimes I find he repeats himself.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Adachi is the master of sports+romance manga. I think I learned about the thing called Baseball because of Touch.

And about yaoi, I find the whole "balance of power" thing between the characters (seme x uke) annoying and it's difficult to find some without.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm more interested in romance and how it's told, than in girl-on-girl-is-hot. I found myself thinking quite often that some of the pieces here would have been better without NSFW.

In addition to relating, I think yuri romance offers more feels and food for thought.

This is more or less my view on the subject too. Though I'm not against reading het or yaoi if it's actually decent and there's more to it than just sex. I don't mind sex scenes and fan service in my mangas so long as it doesn't feel forced.

This.

I read and enjoyed Kimi ni Todoke and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, for example, even though they are het, and there isn't a shred of sex, because the romance and the characters are interesting and it gives good feels.

Nya-chan
Their Story discussion 05 May 13:15
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

New update. Blushing Sun-jing is the best.

Now, how to not be friend-zoned?

The eternal problem of the girl-on-girl chaser.

last edited at May 5, 2015 1:16PM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Because I nodded in agreement at the last sentence of page 12.

The only one who should touch a girl's breasts is another girl.

Yuri fan speaking.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm more interested in romance and how it's told, than in girl-on-girl-is-hot. I found myself thinking quite often that some of the pieces here would have been better without NSFW.

In addition to relating, I think yuri romance offers more feels and food for thought.

But girl-on-girl is hot nevertheless.

Because last panel of this.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Banter about questions and answers made me think of this

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I thought about telling her she would catch the gay if she kept on reading it.

But I like to take the other paths. Because they are more interesting.

My whole life really.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh, she was looking for compassion.

pats OP on the head

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Way to make someone feel like a idiot. Good job.

As someone who's been agonizing a long time about her normality for a lot less trivial matters, I felt irritated.

I left her the benefit of the doubt, but come on, what type of answer would she expect here, out of all places? "You're not normal" ? She already has the answer before asking it.

And some people here play right into it.

I'm sorry to come accross as rude, but I'm not in the habit to sugarcoat, or keep to myself, what I genuinely think. Some people love me for that, some others dislike it, but I live with it, as well as with my alternate normality.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I can't tell if you're a troll or a really candid person (or a kid?)

That is probably the stupidest question I ever read.

Just after reading the "Born this way" oneshot, you question your "normality".

I'm just tempted to answer "no" to your question, but sarcasm don't get accross easily here.

last edited at May 5, 2015 1:51AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Did anyone else want to slap the shit out of that teacher?? That makes me so mad...

Count me in.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

i dont know why, but i feel really bad for norae in this chapter.
right at the moment when seola woke up for a bit,and saw norae's back. it doesnt say much, but i feel like norae's having a real internal struggle. :( i hope she can open up to seola soon.
i feel like she just wants to walk away from the whole situation. but couldnt!

Like it'd be easy to say to a good (supposedly straight) friend, "I like you. In a sexual way".

That would throw anyone in a loop.

Though she could get a hint, because Seol-a chased her.

last edited at May 4, 2015 8:48AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The discussion between No-Rae and Oppa about paths and which one is the right one, very much sounds like a discussion about homosexuality.

Anyway, it looks like it's taking the path of "if I confess, we may not be able to be friends anymore though I want to be by her side but these feelings are gnawing at me and I need to know if they can ever be mutual".

Interested to see how this will play out.

last edited at May 4, 2015 8:45AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hey, people, it's a oneshot, just a few pages. You can't cram that much story and background here.

And I didn't tear up because it's not a sad story at all. It's a pretty happy story. An uplifting story.

I mean, to live your entire life with someone you love, with acceptance from your parents and leave this world peacefully at their side, at an old age is really, really a happy ending.

Everyone dies. Even lesbians. This is an unavoidable fact.

I think in just a few pages, it efficiently conveyed all it had to.

It doesn't say they never fought, or never had hardships during their life together, but it was true love and that's all that matters in the end. The MC is glad she's alive when her feeling are reciprocated and glad that she didn't die alone. What's more to ask?

True mutual love cannot ever be wrong or "abnormal". Period.

last edited at May 4, 2015 7:57AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The art is nice, but the whole thing makes my skin crawl. Too bad, wasted talent.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

We know Kanade has boobs. So, no het.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nice :3 but kinda bland for my taste... like... it's too typical and obvious and... normal!?

That it's normal is the point, really.