Forum › Posts by Suzuma

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

If I ever fall in love with a younger girl with big age gap, these would be one (or all) of my reasons:
- Everything she does seems cute and fascinating to me.
- Despite her young age, she sounds more mature than I had expected. We could talk about a lot of things.
- Being with her makes me feel so young all over again.

Sumin don't seem to share any of my reasons. So I can't relate and I can't imagine how that would work in longer terms.

I agree with this, and also with most of what you said in your previous post.

It might be another reason why I can't really relate to Sumin and Sungji as a pairing. They seem like they're on completely different levels and they just can't find a way to really connect beyond physical attraction (or inexplicable admiration on Sungji's part). See, the woman I am with right now (and have been with for the past one and a half years) is actually almost 12 years my senior, but we connect on so many levels, people usually almost never guess the age gap until we point it out. We have so many shared interests, ranging from small things like favorite foods, taste in music and the like to things like being on the same page when it comes to political opinions. Of course there's also things we disagree and sometimes argue over, and there's also things that we don't do together cause we both have this sort of personal little world that we don't want the other to be part of, but all in all, there's a lot of things that connect us and it's those things, that mainly create the bond between us. Until now, the bond of Sumin and Sungji has been shown to only be a thin thread, really. What do they have in common apart from their attraction towards each other? It really seems just like a childish teen crush until now. If Sumin/Sungji really is supposed to be the endgame here, then I honestly hope Gaji will add more depth, more meaning to it soon. I really don't want a Korean version of Strawberry Panic. :/

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Plot Twist: Sungji is only in the story to help Sumin heal and Nam is only there to break through Seju's walls and make her see that she needs to forgive herself. In the end, Sumin will break up with Sungji, because she realizes that she never really stopped loving Seju and at around the same time that happens, Seju will have learned to stop beating herself up over things that happened 10 years ago. So Seju forgives herself and Sumin forgives Seju as well and they get back together, because a love like this was never meant to end like that in the first place.

No, go away! I don't want to hear your logics and reasons! Leave me and my bubble alone!
C'mere, bubble. (/O3O)/ * hugs bubble*

P.S.: TEAM PINK FOREVER!

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

MacySan & Martian

Okay, so I just called my brother, who had spent a year in Korea and asked him about it. He says that in Korea, there are basically 4 different levels of politeness, ranging from rude to informal to "street formal" to "business formal." He says that if two people, who know each other from business and then began a personal relationship with one another (friendship, dating) will usually still not just start calling each other by an informal title or name as long as they are still working in the same business together. Apparently, it's one of the many ways of showing respect and proving your own manners. Exceptions are when (1) those two people either get married or (2) get each other's permission to use informal names (first names, nicknames). Even then, in case of (2), it still sometimes happens, that people will insist on adding formal honorifics to informal names in order to show their respect.

He also said that adding "-a" and "-ya", when used among friends or people of around the same age, are just informal ways of showing that you're close. When "-a" is used by two lovers though, and if it's used in combination with the first name, it's a term of endearment. (So when Seju called Sumin "Sumin-a", she probably called her something like "dear" or "darling" or something along the lines of that)

He didn't know what "-rae" was though. Said in the region where he was, he never heard it used anywhere. He said it could be a term used only in a specific dialect. o.o

last edited at Feb 20, 2016 2:08PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Why does Sungji call Sumin team leader when they are getting down and dirty. Seriously, call your women by her name, yes she is older then you but she is going down on you. It pisses me off when she's like Team leader at the end. Really, call her Sumin-san or whatever the Korean equivalent there is but not FUCKING Team Leader. Rant over.

+1, Thank you.
This has been bothering me for a while now. Also with Sumin continuing to call Sungji "Sungji-ssi" which basically means "Miss Sungji". In my book, you start calling the person you like by their first name at the latest after you've went out for the first time, but mostly much earlier. But maybe it's just a western custom to throw politeness over board when you're dating a person. I mean, Sumin is Sungji's boss, after all. And remember Nagisa, for example? She called Shizuma "-sama" until the very end, even though they've basically been on a vacation together, almost did teh sexey stuffs and Shizuma crashed Nagisa's wedding etoile election ceremony -shrugs- Asia. Where not choosing the correct honorific is seemingly as offensive as showing your d*ck in public. ... Probably.

last edited at Feb 20, 2016 12:58PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Why is it only now that I realize, that throughout the entire story of WDTFS not a single speck of depth or even noticeable character development has been added to Sungji, and that is the reason why I feel so disappointed with chapter 42...or with the Sumin/Sungji pairing in general.

I mean, seriously...What do we know about Sungji? She's pretty, she's childish, she's a lesbian, she's a virgin, has a few friends and lives with her siblings. Gaji hasn't even really scratched the surface of her character at all, which, I'm pretty sure, is the reason why until now, I just can't convince myself to really care about "Team Blonde." Until now, Sungji just doesn't seem a lot more meaningful than those other flings Sumin had. :/ I like her, I think she's cute and I sure love seeing the effect she has on Sumin. I just hope we'll get to see a lot more about her in future chapters, otherwise this just wouldn't feel right to me...Sumin's character basically being an entire book while Sungji's isn't even a whole page.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

@MacySan

I don't think Seju actually wanted to feel something good. She's gay, so it would make more sense if she slept with a woman instead of a guy to feel good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was never explicitly stated that Seju is gay. Seeing how she only had female lovers and also explicitly said it to Sungji, I think Sumin is definitely a lesbian, but for all we know until now, Seju could be bi in a sexual way, but is just really into Sumin as a person, know what I mean? She could be physically attracted to both genders, but is completely in love with Sumin, who just happens to be a woman.

Also, could you explain a bit more why you think that Seju is feeling responsible for the death of Sumin's parents? I can't quite follow you there. o.o;

@mikasamikasa77

Already!? o.o According to the site whose name shall never be mentioned on dynasty , chapter 41 was added only 2 days ago and they haven't added ch. 42 yet. And they're usually one of the fastest sites when it comes to adding new chappies. o.o Are you reading it on Lezhin?

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 10:50AM

Suzuma
Image Comments 15 Feb 11:18
Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Pics like that never fail to give me plotbunnies, which I know I will never write...because I can't f*cking write! DX

Suzuma
Citrus discussion 14 Feb 08:54
Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

It was explicitly stated that she got the Chairman's approval to go through with her plans.

Did you misunderstand something about what I said? Cause I don't know what to do with that answer of yours. o.o
Edit: Right, I just remembered the expulsion thing. Meh. Now that sucks...Mitsuko's officially a bitch now. I don't like her. v.v XD
Edit II: I kind of want Matsuri to step in and start plotting against Mitsuko to save Yuzu. o.o Headcanon accepted, anyone?

The male population is really thin in Citrus. I don't foresee any male romantic interest in there. Maybe an asshole or two, like the guy in the beginning.

Doesn't have to be explicitly shown or anything, it could just be mentioned that she got one. *shrug * But then again, Harumin might be too important of a character to just pair her off with some no-name whatshisface. Like I said: I'm curious about how her story's gonna continue. But since excellent storytelling isn't exactly this mangaka's forte, I gotta say I'm kinda already mentally preparing for disappointment...

I honestly don't get what you mean by "too straight"

I do believe you do get what I mean by "too straight", you just don't accept someone not supporting your view. ;) But that's okay. I'm not looking for a war here, so I'll just quietly back off now.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 9:05AM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

So if you're losing someone it's alright to cheat on them, instead of being patient with them. Just like how some men say if my wife had paid attention to me and did what I wanted I wouldn't have cheated. Seju cheated because she wanted to she's not a victim and when Seju and Sumin was young Seju wasn't even in love with Sumin she didn't even think their first time was special, it wasn't until she realized what her cheating as caused until she realized how important Sumin was to her. And as the saying goes you don’t know holw valuable something is until it's gone and she deserves what she got. Did she suffer yes but I don't feel any sympathy towards her when she caused her own mess, just because you're girlfriend doesn't want to go on a trip isn’t an excuse to cheat ,she's freakin selfish. She is no victim to me
She brought the suffering on herself when she cheated. Plus knownING when you're lover loss everyone close to her then seeing the person she loved betraying her she must of thought " Maybe you didn't love me after, since you dropped me at my worst and didn't even stick by my side. And cheated on me with some dude".
Seju is indeed suffered but she brought it all on herself and she got what she deserved karma is a bitch

Just because you love somebody doesn't mean that this love you have for them gives you infinite strength to deal with everything that comes your way perfectly and just like you should and without getting your own wounds. Seju suffered the entire time throughout her relationship with Sumin, because she was living with a terrible family, who hated her guts and forced her into positions she never wanted to be in. How did she create this mess on her own? Her family hated her for reasons she never had anything to do with at all. It hurts dealing with things like that and after a while, it just robs you off of your energy. Sumin has always been Seju's escape and just because Seju has always had a rather unique and vague way to express her love for Sumin (which is probably simply because the treatment her family gave her had left some noticeable traces on Seju), the simple fact that they had been together for so many years and that Sumin never doubted Seju's feelings for her can only mean that there wasn't a time in their relationship, in which Seju didn't love Sumin. The fact, that it seemed like their first time sex together wasn't special to Seju can, in my opinion, either mean, that by that time, because of what her family continued doing to her, she was emotionally already F'd up enough to really not care that much, or she was acting. Sumin was obviously nervous and maybe Seju was just acting like it's all no big deal to not freak Sumin out even more.

Anyway, the point I was getting at is that love doesn't give a human an infinite amount of patience and strength. That's why breakups happen in the first place. Even while Sumin was depressed, Seju still had her own sh*t to deal with. Now Sumin was suffering, which probably hurt Seju as well, and Seju still had the patience to try for a whole month to carefully get Sumin back on the right track - to no avail. So there she was, with a pathetic excuse for a family making her life a living hell, facing a future she never wanted and having to deal with the hurt of knowing that her beloved was suffering and with the fear of probably losing Sumin for good. Humans can break, you know. At some point, they just reach that point, when the weight they're carrying just all gets too much and it crushes them. Worst part is that it doesn't happen one by one so that you could at least try to keep it together, no. It happens all at once. Bam! Just like that. One second you feel like you can still bear this if you just keep your head above the water somehow, then a moment later the thoughts come flooding into your head, your heart starts racing like crazy and you basically just see your entire world crumbling and falling apart right in front of you. It's like a punch in the face that hits you out of nowhere and it leaves you distressed, disoriented, vulnerable and all in all extremely prone to doing something extremely stupid. Prime example everyone knows: Britney Spears.

Honestly, I really don't think Seju cheated on Sumin because she didn't care about Sumin anymore. Or maybe at that point, she actually really didn't care anymore about Sumin as well as about herself or the entire rest of the world. She was probably just like "F*ck it all!" and ended up doing what she did, because she was yearning to at least feel something good. That's my view on what happened. Seju reached her breaking point and did something extremely stupid, which she still regrets until this day. Everybody makes mistakes. And it's mostly when we're emotionally at our worst that we do the biggest, stupidest ones.

Like I said, I'm not blaming Sumin and I understand Sumin's view of it all as well. Really, I do. What I said about love not giving a person an infinite supply of patience and strength goes for Sumin as well. She was relying on Seju to be there and ended up getting disappointed in the worst imaginable way. I understand the rage she felt. After seeing Seju in bed with someone else, I guess Sumin felt the same things I think Seju felt when she thought there was no way she could help Sumin and that she'd lose her. Seju really isn't a position to ask anything of Sumin and just because she too did her share, that ultimately led to their catastrophical breakup, I don't think there's anything Sumin owes to Seju. I just really do hope that one day they'll manage to talk everything through and maybe turn their messed up relationship into a normal, healthy friendship. I'd love to see that happen. ^^

Suzuma
Image Comments 13 Feb 10:58
Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015
31370852_p0_by_con2020tran-d9dabm1

I never thought I'd see the day when people complain about there being too much boobs. ...
Internet, you've surprised me today. Pleasantly so, but still unexpectedly.

Also: n'aw, so much cuteness...

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

I think what some people seem to be forgetting is that Seju probably suffered from Sumin's depression almost just as much as Sumin herself did. At least that's how I interpreted it. Just think about it. Seju might have a big family and everything, but they all hate her and she hates them back. For pretty much her whole life, her relationship with Sumin was the only good thing, that ever happened to her. When Sumin suffered from her parents' loss, it's implied that she just shut everyone, including Seju, out of her life - which is understandable. For an entire month though, she seemed to not even have displayed the will to try and move on. I don't think Seju was expecting Sumin to have gotten over it after a month. Obviously, that would be too much to ask. I can relate to Sumin in this regard, because I lost both of my older brothers in a car accident 2 years ago, but after almost 3 weeks of just wanting to shut out the entire world and for everyone to just leave me the hell alone, my younger brother was the one, who helped me understand that I can't just stay in that dark place forever. One way or another, life just has to go on somehow. Even if you take baby steps, as long as those steps take you forward, you're getting there. That's what Sumin wasn't doing, even after a month had passed. So I can understand that Seju, who apparently has tried this entire month to get through to Sumin somehow, ended up being upset at her, because anger, in a lot of cases, is just another way of expressing fear.

What I think happened is that Seju just didn't know what she could do anymore. To her, it looked like she was completely losing Sumin, the only person who ever meant something to her, and she was just so freaking scared of that. So in her despair, she probably just went drinking somewhere and maybe ended up meeting a guy, who was willing to listen to her. Then more alcohol, the guy possibly taking advantage of Seju's weakness and that's how they ended up in bed together. Something around the lines of that is really the only way, how I can imagine it having happened. Seju isn't a bad person. She did a mistake, obviously. Mentioning them going to America, which is where Sumin's parents died, really wasn't the right approach in the first place and then cheating on her obviously wasn't the right decision either. But people sometimes can't keep their emotions in check, and then they do stupid things. That's what makes us different from machines. I'm not putting the blame on Sumin, because I can completely understand her side as well. If we're gonna talk about who's at fault for their nasty breakup and the messed up "relationship" that followed, I, too, would probably say, that Seju carries most of the blame. But I don't hate her for that and I don't think it makes her a bad person. I don't know, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't blame neither Seju nor Sumin for being human and that I honestly think both of them are great characters.

Personally, I hope that by the end of the story, Sumin and Seju will have established a healthy friendship, or at least are on the right way for that, with Sumin remembering and deciding to keep her promise of being Seju's family and with Seju just letting go of Sumin and accepting that it's over and that she needs to move on. And there will be hugs and tears and things like "I forgive you" being said and that's when my heart will be oh so happy ((TToTT)/) ...*ahem * Yeah...

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 10:27AM

Suzuma
Citrus discussion 13 Feb 09:29
Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Referring to chaps 18 and 19: I seriously have no idea what the eff Mitsuko's (Harumin's sister) deal is. So some kid dyed her hair. Obviously, that is all Yuzu's fault and Mei's fault as well and now they both gotta pay!!! ...Wat? Is somebody seeing the sense there and would be so kind to enlighten me? I think Citrus lost me there. Again.

Simple

Is against the rules. Harumi's Sis was just intent on expelling Yuzu's fangirl but then Yuzu had to get involved, exposing Mei's leniency with Yuzu. So by putting Yuzu in a no win situation (from her perspective at least) she's making a statement about following the rules and gaining some leverage over Mei at the same time

Okay, that makes sense. But...I mean, what for? It's not like she can come back as student council president or something. In a previous chapter it was stated she's just there for a visit, if I remember correctly. So once she leaves, chances are things could just go back to normal. ... Wonder if Saburouta has an explanation for that in upcoming chapters. Or if Mitsuko's just got some legit screws loose. She wouldn't be the first one, after all. X'D

Also, about the Harumin x Yuzu discussion
Personally, I think Harumin kinda feels "too straight" for that to happen, y'know. To me, at least. I think she really cares about Yuzu as a friend, but I just get that vibe that she's not interested in Yuzu in a romantic way. Out of all the characters of Citrus until now, I still think Harumin's gonna end up with a boyfriend. XD But oh well, it wouldn't be the first that Saburouta surprises me, so...

Suzuma
Citrus discussion 27 Jan 13:17
Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Referring to chaps 18 and 19: I seriously have no idea what the eff Mitsuko's (Harumin's sister) deal is. So some kid dyed her hair. Obviously, that is all Yuzu's fault and Mei's fault as well and now they both gotta pay!!! ...Wat? Is somebody seeing the sense there and would be so kind to enlighten me? I think Citrus lost me there. Again.

last edited at Jan 27, 2016 1:24PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Ah, my heart feels so light right now...

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

I guess this is all a matter of perspective. Personally, I got started in the series with StrikerS and simply just informed myself about the backstory of the relevant characters via Wiki. I never actually watched the first and second MGLN season, because I never really liked the whole setting of children fighting serious battles (hence why I also didn't like the roles of Erio and Caro). I guess it's for that lack of nostalgia that I actually find myself enjoying Vivid very much, since it continues the story of the characters I've come to love in StrikerS.

Pretty much agree with that statement. I mean I didn't start with Strikers and have watched Nanoha right from the start, but I have to say that I overall love ViviD. I guess I can just say that I'm not nearly as nostalgic as you guys are and am able to see this series as its own item? I don't continue comparing it to how great A's was and while I do agree with what another person said about how I find it a bit unrealistic, that the forward kids from StrikerS have progressed so much that they can actually put elites like Nanoha and Fate in such critical positions, I'm not the least bit surprised, that Vivio and Einhart are powerful, regarding their backstory and everything. Also, in regards of the general power displayed in ViviD, I think you need to put it in prespective. It's mainly the visual effects, that make the attacks look super strong, but when the actual damage is described, it becomes clear, that if one of those kids would've fought A's Nanoha, they would've went down with a single Divine Buster. Sieglinde is described as the currently most powerful competitor of the Inter Middle and all one of her feared Eraser attacks did was to mess up the arena floor a bit. Moreover, when the crash emulate describes the damage the so called "extreme hits" caused, it becomes even clearer. A broken arm, a burned wrist, a bruised upper body. THIS is the damage those kids can cause when putting all their power in an attack. Compared to what Nanoha and Fate were able to do at that age, that's nothing. The mangakas are just visually exaggerating the moves to not bore the readers. Honestly, I agree with that method. If the fights wouldn't look as epic as they do, I would've probably not read every chapter of them.

PS: I officially declare Harry Tribeca as one of my new fav characters of the Nanohaverse. She just rocks.
And also: Dude, I totally ship Sieglinde x Victoria. Like... (* ___ *)

last edited at Aug 16, 2015 6:01PM

Suzuma
Image Comments 01 Aug 07:59
Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015
43322736_big_p4

Why am I getting a feeling that this picture is part of a comic and whoever uploaded this here failed to upload the rest of it?

Suzuma
Citrus discussion 27 Jul 18:27
Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Honestly, I think Yuzu with black hair looks even better than Yuzu with blonde hair. Though yeah, it's gonna be hard to tell them apart from now on. XD

P.S.: Those first 2 pages just melted my heart. Snuggling in bed....just....d'aaawwww....

Suzuma
Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

The facial expressions in this one were great. And the story in general, obviously. MiTsu 4ever!