Forum › Posts by 856600

joined Apr 8, 2021

taking their money—like most children everywhere ever.

Don't tell on yourself like this, yikes. Stealing your parents' money is not normal, especially as an adult already. Scummy as hell

joined Apr 8, 2021

waiting for the gacha game that waifufies famous scientists to make this a reality

A bit of searching suggests there's a loli version in Honkai?

me thinking even for a moment that it hadn't already been done

joined Apr 8, 2021

I didn't realise their names were a pun until I read the raws and it was spelled out in Japanese. Ran, Gerry, rangerry/lingerie (ランジェリー)...
Fated to be lingerie pals, how exquisitely gay.

April Fool discussion 15 Dec 04:18
joined Apr 8, 2021

Knowing useless lesbians, it would have been far more efficient to just lie and wait one year. Who knows how many years it'll take them to get together now!

joined Apr 8, 2021

He was in fact a lesbian

waiting for the gacha game that waifufies famous scientists to make this a reality

joined Apr 8, 2021

GIMP is very much a case of "you get what you pay for". It'll work for simple stuff, but Photoshop is capable of so much more, and does the simple stuff more efficiently. If you're on this website full of pirated manga I can't imagine you have moral quandaries about it, so I'd recommend just doing a quick Google search to find what you need instead of bothering with GIMP.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Art.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Something is wrong with this oneshot. I don't know if it is the original dialogues being weird with characters talking to each other in 3rd person constantly and talking about themselves as well in 3rd person (I know this is used as a child like trait sometimes but here literally every character does this), if it should be like that due to how those character are (since I don't actually know anything about Bang's Dream) or if it is maybe translation problem but i've needed to reread some of the lines multiple times as they didn't feel natural at all.

It's more natural to refer to people by name than "you" in Japanese, so when it's translated literally, it can sound stiff in English. That's what happened here.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Just normal. In a sapphic way.

joined Apr 8, 2021

I don't know about "nowhere", this manga has had at least a dozen fanservice cover pages already.

joined Apr 8, 2021

It would have been so much better to have it in a real fantasy world setting

This one sentence sums up the entire genre for me. I have literally never seen an isekai's isekai-ness contribute positively to a story in any way. Any isekai story that I've enjoyed has been despite it, not because of it.

I just don't understand how the quality of published media deteriorated this quickly on such a widespread scale. Once upon a time we used to understand that Mary Sue was, like, a bad thing? Something that should only be found in bad fanfiction? And yet a genre that only exists for the purpose of writing Mary Sues is now the most popular, mainstream genre in the wn/ln/manga/anime bubble. How did we collectively forget that this isn't good writing?

That being said, at least this author is willing to explore a more interesting use of the genre. In this case it actually isn't just an obscenely overpowered self-insert harem fantasy, and is actually the exact opposite, which is a first for what I've seen. Still, the gamified "system" feels like a lazy worldbuilding shortcut and is jarring to suspension of disbelief.

Not to be too negative here, since I do like this, but as said above, that's despite the isekai aspect. This could just be a world better if only it had slightly more logical worldbuilding to serve as the impetus for bullying than literal video game popups.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 9:54AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Translators for whom something other than English is a first language should make a chart of all the strong verbs and tape it up near their work areas.

How much did you pay for this translation?

There's a difference between useless complaining and constructive criticism. Free or not, a good translator strives to provide the best result possible and hopefully learns from their mistakes.

You're not wrong, but the way they wrote the comment irked me. There's a difference between offering advice and making demands, and their tone came across to me as closer to the latter.

joined Apr 8, 2021

This comic is based on wordplay, which was lost in translation. Ucchi's 'gross' catchphrase is originally 'kimoi', a contraction of 'kimochi warui' (literally 'feels bad'). 'Feels good' is 'kimochi ii'. So it seems kind of random in English but the reason Tomoko said she can only say that is because it's a direct inversion of what she normally says in Japanese.

last edited at Nov 18, 2021 1:28PM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Translators for whom something other than English is a first language should make a chart of all the strong verbs and tape it up near their work areas.

How much did you pay for this translation?

joined Apr 8, 2021

I don't think Saaya ever believed she was actually a grade schooler, she was just covering her bases by asking.

joined Apr 8, 2021

god yes

joined Apr 8, 2021

Remember, friends, if you experience a human emotion biologically ingrained in you over millions of years of evolution, you are Toxic™.

joined Apr 8, 2021

to this? Quite the fall.

them's fighting words

joined Apr 8, 2021

Yep, still the best ongoing comic. Thank you Kashikaze for this feast of fluffy yuri that didn't end as soon as it actually became yuri.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Reading this thread, it's gross how many people think cheating is okay if your partner 'deserves' it. Why can't people just break up if a relationship isn't working for them?

joined Apr 8, 2021

Did Xi and his goons get to the author? where's the updates? :thinking:

english translators stopped updating, time to blame china xd

Nothing happened, the author is still updating normally. Feel free to learn Chinese and read it yourself any time you want.

School Zone discussion 25 Oct 06:24
joined Apr 8, 2021

Well, it's a gag manga. I read it for the funny faces, not just the romance.

But also consider that the chapters are about 6 pages long on average. While we're at chapter 89, that's still just 4 volume's worth of content. And the story also follows several other characters besides the main couple.

4 volumes is a lot to have made literally zero progress. Like they said; it's 2021. Manga doesn't have to follow the conventions of decades long past. You are legally allowed to depict your characters being in a relationship without ending the story. There's no reason they couldn't have been together by the end of the first volume only for it to continue being a gag manga! I really wish mangaka would get over their crippling anxiety of ever drawing more than one chapter depicting two people in an actual gay relationship.

last edited at Oct 25, 2021 6:27AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Ah yes, gay vampire x maid, also known as 'high culture'.

joined Apr 8, 2021

New Kashikaze, my day is made

School Zone discussion 23 Oct 16:33
joined Apr 8, 2021

2021 and we still gotta make do with bread crumbs after nearing almost 100 chapters. We got a lot of people having to make so many jumps/assumptions/essays to feel better, but tbh at this point, it does just feel like the author is dragging it a bit much, no?

Yup, I gave up on this manga 50 chapters ago and it's still not going anywhere. Impressive, in a way.