Forum › Posts by DridyEXE

DridyEXE
joined Jan 21, 2020

Ngl, reading "Wear the Sky" has really further reduced what mild interest or at least curiosity i had in this. That one has been a decent bit more fun and the characters are way more interesting and fun (and, with the underage prostitution here, less uncomfortable aswell). Also, that starting bit with the teacher ranting about street art is incredibly cringe and elitist.

last edited at Jul 24, 2023 7:49PM

DridyEXE
joined Jan 21, 2020

My guess is he’s going to fail the hand painting contest, but she’s still going to be impressed so she’ll give him another chance to paint her nude if he develops his skills in her class in Tokyo

Not a half bad guess

joined Jan 21, 2020

Oh boy i sure hope we still get that apology from shiho after being a major ass for godknowshowmany chapter

last edited at Jul 21, 2023 4:41AM

joined Jan 21, 2020

Midnightgunner posted:

Sure... But A LOT also hate her work... and I see a lot of criticism about the author writting skills in here and at 4chan.

They just don't understand her genius.

Gotta say, the "people who dont like it just dont understand it" argument is and always has been wack. At the end of the day, the quality of this series, just like any other piece of fiction, is subjective, wether you think its great or terrible.

joined Jan 21, 2020

I gotta say this has been abit all over the place in terms of tone. It started out being pretty grim and dark, then we got some looney toons chase scenes and date shenanigans and now were back to dark. I feel like this series would seem abit more sensible and coherent if the mood didnt jump so much.

Or isn't really all over the place, the world of the refugee's and Babylon is grim as shizzle while the normal world is normal, pretty straightforward really

Except that both the chase scene and the date was about Babylon or at least had them be heavily involved.

joined Jan 21, 2020

I gotta say this has been abit all over the place in terms of tone. It started out being pretty grim and dark, then we got some looney toons chase scenes and date shenanigans and now were back to dark. I feel like this series would seem abit more sensible and coherent if the mood didnt jump so much.

last edited at Jul 18, 2023 3:13PM

joined Jan 21, 2020

If you were my mom, it'd be rather weird for my heart to be racing, right?

Weird? ... on this website?

Somewhere Taiyaki just sneezed.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Wait till you realize that people comment on works for fun and will continue doing so no matter how "pointless" it is.

They didn't say "comment". They said "justify yourself or criticize others". Because there's nothing to justify or criticize in your fictional tastes. You need to work on those reading skills. Work on that pointless aggressivity, too.
I don't know what it is with this manga that makes people lash madly in all directions.

No, but they did say commenters and "justify yourself or criticize others" is something that, i suspect, happens entirely in those "comments". So i think my reading skills are just fine actully lol.
Also, my point in that comment, which seems to have been somewhat missed, was that comments are ultimately made for fun. So no matter how many times someone argues that theres no reason for them or that theyre "a pointless exercise", people will keep commenting what they want to and thats fine. Noone owns the comment section (tho technically someone does i guess) and every1 is free to leave in it what they like (assuming it conforms to the forum rules).

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 5:07AM

joined Jan 21, 2020

Congrats on a sterling post! This effectively ends the debate and there's no reason for commenters to keep trying to explain why one should like or dislike Hiroko. Women have since always felt differently about these things. Some are like Charlotte and Emily Brontë, some are like Anne. Some like Heathcliff, some do not. Tastes in fictional characters (emphasis on fiction, reality is another thing) can vary wildly. There's nothing uncommon in that. I hope everbody will realize that writing to justify your likes or criticize others' likes is a pointless exercise.

Wait till you realize that people comment on works for fun and will continue doing so no matter how "pointless" it is.

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 6:17PM

joined Jan 21, 2020

Tbh the main thing i want from this manga is for Fuuko to get whats coming to her. I dont much enjoy watching people cause others lots of pain and get away unscathed.

Imo the author is giving Yuni and Fuuko barely any redeeming features making you not caring about them all that much. In this way no matter how things will end up you lacking empathy for the characters leads to low investment.

Yea i kinda feel this aswell. Honestly Nanase should definitly break up with Yuni and not get together again but considering the author im not very confident thats how itll go lol

last edited at Jun 19, 2023 8:31AM

joined Jan 21, 2020

I wonder if this is gonna be like that one senpai in Hana ni arashi, where shes just closeted and later finds out that being gay is actually fine.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Foursome. Have you people forgotten Ouka-senpai?

Yess, ill be sad if we never get our senpai-sex

last edited at May 31, 2023 7:17PM

joined Jan 21, 2020

The stat window at the end made this quite abit more grim lol

DridyEXE
Ma Chérie discussion 18 May 09:34
joined Jan 21, 2020

Gotta say, this was one of the nicest version of the "everyones prince" cliche ive seen. The harem-y relationships seemed pretty healthy and the way they decided to end them to not depend on the mc too much was really cute aswell

DridyEXE
joined Jan 21, 2020

So im not sure if this was even a thing, but i seem to remember a scene where one of the girls is in a wheelchair (disability tag probably) and her friend gets frustrated or annoyed and leaves. Then later on she realizes that that just leaves the other girl stuck there and is filled with regret and runs back. Might be something similar, might not even exist, but if any1 knows something like this, much appreciated.

last edited at May 13, 2023 3:17AM

DridyEXE
joined Jan 21, 2020

Ok after a chapter like this, itd be criminal if we dont get to see them fuck.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Ugh, thats a fucking disappointment. Really thought we were finally gonna get around this stupid misunderstanding but instead it gets reinforced and dragged on for at least a bunch more chapters.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Aw man, i love reads like this. Emotional amd angsty enough to make me cry while reading with an ending that leaves me happy and satisfied. Although i will say, one small criticism, the stuff junna says about "having someone waiting for her" is too specific to authentically be about a cat. Feels like the author wanted to pull that for drama (which i do like) but overdid it and now it just sounds like junna said that on purpose.

last edited at Apr 27, 2023 12:44PM

DridyEXE
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 08:34
joined Jan 21, 2020

Sorry I did not mean it like that. I do understand why it was done in this story and it is most likely the best outcome for the two to grow up and old together. It is more a general dislike of this story trope because it is so often used. Seems to be a general theme in fiction that immortality only brings sadness and misery.

Ok im actually curious cause from my perception its the opposite. I cant really think of a single yuri manga about immortality that ends with the characters losing their immortality and getting to live together normally. Could u send some cuz id find that interesting. And yea generally i share the view of immortality being something horrifying (in fact it was a thought that terrorised me for a year of a few in my childhood and i still think that there is nothing even remotely as terrifying) so i dont really like endings that maintain the immortality.

DridyEXE
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 03:20
joined Jan 21, 2020

This ended pretty much exactly the way i wanted it to (minus the memory loss fakeout i guess) but yea it coulda done so in a few more chapters. Also, wheres the sex goddamit !!!

last edited at Apr 22, 2023 3:20AM

joined Jan 21, 2020

Tbh as of rn i dont particularily like the idea of ichika ending up with kawase. Im guessing thats where this is ultimately going, but rn kawase just seems somewhat selfish.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Tbh even tho the story is probably gonna head in a hinako x shiori direction, as it is right now id prefere to see hinako x miro. Will be interesting to see what exactly shioris deal is tho, based off of her reaction, she does seem to care a great deal about hinako.

joined Jan 21, 2020

It’s kind of funny how in a larger perspective when people question at the whole point of the Shiho issue or existence altogether. When this whole forum is proving why at some point whether it’s executed well or not, there will be a “Shiho” of some sorts added to a story. In a matter of a few days, this forum lit up like New Years Eve, simply just because they want to argue about the good or bad points of a character and the events it follows as if it’s a trial.

I think most people here were arguing that shihos inclusion and handling reduces the stories quality, not popularity. Drama does sell.

last edited at Mar 21, 2023 6:40AM

DridyEXE
VAMPEERZ discussion 20 Mar 22:27
joined Jan 21, 2020

Ffs, if this is another one of those "protagonist's love reincarnates as a child and they now live happily taking care of them, because their feelings are more than just romantic love" endings i'm gonna be sooo mad.

Yea they better be fuckin by the end of this or im pissed

DridyEXE
joined Jan 21, 2020

Yea idk, i think severe depression is a good enough reason for drastic decisions.

like its sweet until you think about it for 5 seconds. then it's like, alright they go on this trip and realize they don't have any money and then they have to go home. riveting

Tbh youd be surprised how many people can (and often have to) make do under such conditions and potentially be happier than in their restrictive situations before. If anything, i feel like the fact that both these characters are willing to go as far should give us an idea of how happy they were with their life up till then.