Forum › Posts by MarqFJA87

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 13 Mar 20:19
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

@Shadowofdimentio: More like a power bottom.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Mr. Zilla posted:

The heart is the strongest muscle.

Actually, the strongest muscle is the masseter.

Depends on how you define "strongest". The masseter is the strongest relative to its mass, but in terms of absolute strength, it's the quadriceps or the gluteus maximus that holds the crown (in part due to their sheer size). Meanwhile, the external muscles of the eye constantly readjust the position of the eyeball, making as much as 10,000 movements in a single hour while reading. And if we define "strength" as "hardest working", most experts agree that the title belongs to the heart, as it never stops beating throughout a person's life, with the average heart rate being 60-100 bpm (so the aforementioned eye muscles may be able to do a lot more movements in an hour, but they can't sustain it for long and need to rest every once in a while, whereas the heart never takes a break). And then there's the soleus, a muscle just below the calf muscle that is said to possess the absolute greatest pulling force in the entire human muscular system, which it uses to constantly battle against gravity to keep the human being upright.

Also, anyone who claims the tongue is the "strongest" muscle in any way is wrong on at least one vital fact: The tongue is composed of not a single muscle, but eight separate ones.

last edited at Mar 13, 2021 8:09PM

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Calm posted:

I'm triggered by the fact that MC's nane is "Teach".

It bugs me so much that it's difficult to enjoy the story.

One, her name (Mayu) is actually used elsewhere. "Teach" is just a truncation of "Teacher", and logically has to be a translation of Japanese Sensei.

Now, if you're mad about the translation erring on the side of localization over accuracy (since sensei doesn't specifically mean "teacher", and this ambiguity is crucial in Japanese), then I sympathize with you.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

2SpiritCherokeePrincess posted:

Hayasaka originally wanted Yasuda to move to the girls' dorm. But if Yasuda stays away from that room the curse might wear off Yasuda, & possibly switch to Hayasaka.

Now I want this to be brought up in the story.

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 10 Mar 14:15
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
Evbgwjnxmae1ibb-orig

@TctyaDDK: "Princess Anne"? Who's that?

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 06 Mar 16:25
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
Evkjvvivkaixlpa-orig

I would've said something about Ina being tragically alone, but then there's her flirting with Yozora Mel in their recent collab when the latter asked for her type and Ina literally described Mel before answering "yes" when said banpire asked if she's talking about her.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Evitron posted:

oh no oh no oh no author, im begging you, please dont make horny jokes with the middle schooler. Please do not

You do realize the author is from Japan and is writing for a Japanese audience, right? If actual lolicon and shotacon has yet to be banned, what makes you think horny jokes with middle schooler characters are taboo?

SillieHonka posted:

The "fiction doesn't affect reality" "debate" has been so poisoned by jack thompson satanic panic crap from the 80's and 90's. we know quite obviously fiction doesn't make you literally recreate whatever happens therein, but that doesn't mean there's 0 impact. If there was why the heck would anyone do literary analysis on anything (or for that matter write/make anything)?

The fiction people make is informed by their real experiences, biases, tastes, beliefs, etc. in which they present in some form, and the reader attempts to matches their own, to relate. Whether that's merely finding a subject entertaining, which is informed by those kinds of things, or aligning with those biases, tastes, beliefs etc. explicitly, it's still reflective of what is acceptable/agreeable etc., particularly if its meant to titillate or agitate (such as propaganda). When you sexualize minors in fiction (which hasn't happened in this manga, yet), or romanticize relationships between minors and adults, it is imparting a judgement, it is indulging if such judgement is "it's taboo". Just start asking why. Why does the author make it? (real world consequences?) Why do people read it? Why does it entertain? Why would someone want to read a chapter titled, "enjoying the scent of high school girls", a sentence that if said in public might have police sent your way by most people? Indulging in a "taboo" is disagreeing with how that thing is perceived by people and that can be as much as "just portraying it". I get it, high school is nostalgic for memories and first romances, immaturity can be funny, fucked up shit happens to kids, there's plenty of reasons to write about those kinds of things in regards to kids. They appeal to frustrated/sad/busy adults, and maybe can make things better for future kids, show how bad things are, or whatever purpose you ascribe. As soon as that delves into sexual stuff, those aims or designs are betrayed. An autobiography doesn't need to go into explicit narrative detail about teen sex, you'd be concerned for that person's health / be grossed out.

This story is pretty clearly dealing with late bloom sexual awakening of its protag via explicit sexual cues and how that affects your potential first relationships. For a minor to be introduced as a parallel, does not bode well. However, it seems she is more ingratiated because of Nakano's charm and the flirty atmosphere, which is a much safer route (i forget if she ever heard any of the main people or if she just had the complaint brought). It could be a "look what nakano missed out on coming to terms with her sexuality by not ever being around gay people at that age, how would she have been emotionally/personality wise?" deal. That tract can reasonably be entertained with no need to be sexual, depending on the person that can play such a small role in the way their attraction works, so why not play safe? why go there and invade, encroach on indulgence? If it's really such a hard idea to get, ask yourself if you'd want your own sexual awakening portrayed in a fictionalized film in explicit detail, done so by pure coincidence. It'd be embarrassing, disturbing, and extremely uncomfortable, even though it's a fictional character, to you and the audience. It's a topic better suited for subtlety. When this stuff happens in western media, like Big Mouth or Sex Education, it definitely gets more obvious when the actors, whose job it is to convince you they are a teenager or are actually teenagers down to every detail, play these things out. What is getting encouraged, what is being particularly enjoyed? Who is making it, who is it for?

Every little bit contributes to the very real and prevalent problem of pedophilia, and a lot of manga plays a role in enabling it.

I'll defer to this response if ever the issue comes up elsewhere. I'm tired of responding to the same bad faith, ignorant arguments.

Your entire argument is undermined by two major flaws:

1. It assumes that every story has to reflect the author's real experiences, biases, tastes, beliefs, etc. That's utter bullshit. By that logic, I should be a scat-loving pedophile because I've written draft notes for stories involving copious amounts of scat and adult-minor sexual relations, yet I have absolutely zero interest in engaging in any of those acts nor do I espouse the desire for people to engage in them IRL. And even if you don't want to take me at your word, you haven't actually provided any proof of your far-fetched claim to begin with, or at least cited some sort of consensus/majority opinion among literary experts on the subject as a source.

2. You overlook that storywriters often write stories to explore fantastical worlds where things that could never happen in reality (whether because they're literally impossible as far as scientific understanding is concerned, or because of societal taboos being too strong, or because they come with too much negative issues/consequences for anyone to attempt) can and do happen. In the case of stories with themes of underage sexuality, that would be exploring if underage sexuality can happen without any of the psychological/physical trauma and other issues that come hand in hand with it IRL.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Pfffttt... "Cake-aku doori" indeed.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Koveras posted:

I wonder if the big theme of this story turns out that Kuzuryu's grasp on physical reality is particularly tenuous, which is why she can slip into imaginary roles so easily, and also perceives animals as sentient humanoid creatures.

Except she doesn't appear to do the last one.

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 16 Feb 17:30
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I thought Dashingicecream stopped doing any RWBY art after Volume 7 (presumably because of the Yang and Blake's essentially romantic interactions at the end, as Dash is a Monochrome shipper).

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

kai3 posted:

Well that was a cute update.

Fucking cute indeed!

You mean FAQing cute.

MarqFJA87
Yamitsuki discussion 13 Feb 08:07
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Kagoya (who may or may not be Bulk-san) is pretty mysterious. I can't tell whether or not she's supposed to be a yandere like Tayama (albeit one that is far better at concealing her nature from others).

MarqFJA87
Twin Yuri discussion 13 Feb 07:44
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

elevown posted:

^Yup. I think the author got fed up of not being able to go anywhere with their other series- after all, 'unrequited' is in its name! So he made this series to relieve their frustrations and do the stuff he wants to in that story lol?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the description of this series outright states that it's the pre-serialized version and thus precedes the Unrequited series, which is evident in the art style differences.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Ch11, page 4, has a typo in the last speech bubble.

"Though, you've usually gotta rush if you want to get one."

The initial comma is unnecessary, but the bigger problem is that "you've" should just be "you".

TifalovesAerith posted:

but I had the impression Akira was the one left out, never felt like she belonged in any circle (or triangle) at all, and her feelings towards Rin certainly felt one-sided

What are on about? Rin explicitly loves Akira back, it's just that her trauma from the last time she fell in love with two girls is making her too fearful of both acting upon her feelings towards her (and Rin) and accepting Akira's confession.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... Is Shiki wearing something under her bikini bottom here?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I'm surprised Tsukasa didn't take more than a couple of seconds to realize what the book he was looking at was about. What apparently-straight Japanese 11yo would be familiar with yaoi?

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 6:15AM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Roshi710 posted:

Shouldn't this be labelled as completed?

I'm guessing there are still omake chapters to be translated before the "complete" label is warranted.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

At least Ryuugasaki owned up to having gone overboard with his teasing of Ushiwaka.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

FluffyCow posted:

Ahhh that cowardly back down at the end is never a fun way to end a story. Anyways, thanks for the translation ~ <3

My impression is that she backed down so that she can do a proper confession later when there's no way for Sakura to assume that she's just drunk.

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 17 Jan 13:54
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
Ogptnvb

@SpencerSDH: Ever heard of "less is more"? It lets the viewer's imagination run wild.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

jintor posted:

Page 5 is missing.

Thanks, fixed

You're welcome. I assume page 2 was not included because it's a blank page?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Page 5 is missing.

last edited at Jan 15, 2021 11:00AM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Mr. Zilla posted:

I forgot that Arisa dyes her hair.

... She does? What's her natural hair color, then? Why does she even dye it in the first place?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... How does she jump from apron to playboy bunnysuit? Is there a pun in the Japanese line that didn't come through in the translation to English?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

This chapter makes me curious, has it ever been specified in this manga whether nonhumans are (un)known to the human public?