Forum › Posts by alayn

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

I’m glad this is featured! I’ve always loved how natural this felt, like times and thoughts blending into each other like a stream of consciousness. But that cute confession at the end is what snaps us back to reality. So loveable!

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

Why’d she waste good bubble tea like that...

alayn
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

2020 REDEMPTION ARC Actually, that's not very original, lemme try again.

After six years, they finally got off the couch.

last edited at Oct 4, 2020 7:24PM

alayn
Image Comments 16 Sep 15:19
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016
84015181_p0

Audibly gasped when I saw this. Old married couple forever.

alayn
Artist discussion 20 Jun 03:12
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

I'm surprised by it too, but as a art student I'm pretty happy. although, does a mangaka count as an artist?

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

text goes here but won't really matter

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

I wonder if this style is considered old school? I love that tag, it needs more love.

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

i would like to nominate https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_meaning_of_us_1

It's a very recent oneshot, both in terms of release and the time period it's set in. Not often we get yuri that's very aware of our current issues and times, while also having cute mentions of nostalgic 90s kids stuff. like the poster above, it's very rare to get a oneshot that makes me cry, but this really did. happy hopeful tears for our own future, at that!

alayn
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

it's so interesting to see how popular bubble tea has suddenly gotten in japan lately, to the point where it just casually shows up in yuri manga.

"tapoika tea" is a new phrase for me though..

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 12:41AM

alayn
Comaku discussion 22 Apr 19:28
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

comaku and sakaki nagaco seem to be the same artist...? sakaki’s twitter has comaku in the twitter handle and comaku’s pixiv shares some of the same art seen on the twitter.

https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/sakaki_nagaco

alayn
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

Does anyone know any stories where the childhood friend loses? Either by giving up or just not being the "right" one.

Here's a love triangle (love line?) story where the childhood friend loses out to the high school friend. it's got two parts. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sheep_and_ice_cream_former_part

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

i like how the mouth is placed differently on the face depending on the expression. both interesting and weird... and it kinda gives off an art school feeling don't even ask

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

in the tune of world is mine

sekaiiiiii de ichiban oppai ga suki

last edited at Oct 13, 2018 4:01AM

alayn
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

damn, is this what they taught ichi in america?

alayn
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

they really were fuckin huge. and that ending really did hurt. thank you!

alayn
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

looking for a oneshot where the ending scene is a girl on a train eating a hugeass onigiri. the onigiri was a farewell gift from the girl she liked and she was crying eating it or something?

like i mean that onigiri was huge as hell, that's the only thing i recall.

alayn
Image Comments 29 Apr 06:09
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016
Tumblr_p5iljrgw2w1x4czcvo1_raw

i like to believe that A2 cut her hair off after this scene to honour 2B. that's probably it right?

alayn
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

so i'm thinking since this is based on a (almost certain) real life story, and medley is the one doing most of the narration, would it be considered autobiographical? "based on real life" would be more accurate, but autobiographical would fit the best here.

alayn
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

WHOEVER GOT THIS MADE INTO A TAG THANK YOU

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

i read the whole thing on danbooru in one go last night and it fucked me up so good. it's such a lovely composed and contained story and honestly i'm still getting this pang in my heart knowing that i finished it. i will cheer alice on forever.

alayn
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

oh god i'm enjoying the anime so much

alayn
Oddman 11 discussion 13 Sep 23:52
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

what to put here

ketsu.. setsu... i laffed

alayn
Ririkano discussion 05 Apr 20:08
Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

the title of the lewd novel is most likely a reference to the song "kimi no gin no niwa", the ending song for madoka rebellion. maitake just too good man.

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

has an "autobiography" or "based on real life" tag ever been discussed? series like "the bride was a boy" or "honey&honey" or this one could really use that tag..
anyways, hyped for another realistic look at lgbt+ life!!

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

any connection between this manga and this song? the similar names can't be a coincidence..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6IhS3nAK8