Forum › Posts by vf-c

joined Jul 28, 2015

Abusive dynamics are framed as neutral or good in manga all the time and I don’t really like it. That’s all.

Can I introduce you to Twilight or 50 Shades of Grey? The idea that glorifying abusive relationships in fiction is a uniquely Japanese phenonomon is utterly preposterous. I'd like to be able to read the comments on this site one time without seeing somebody haughtily look down on Japanese culture for something their own culture is invariably guilty of. If you don't like what you see, that's fine -- but I'm sick of people framing the things they dislike in manga as a "Japanese thing", rather than just saying they dislike it on its own terms.

True. It’s one thing if one says they dislike it in manga, but to say it’s a “Japan thing” is assumptive. Especially how we always coin Japan as “weird.” If I see international foreigners talking about my country in a general sense like that just purely based mangas, I would be pissed

last edited at Aug 9, 2020 5:46PM

joined Jul 28, 2015

this is seriously amazing. I hope the princes somehow end up helping the girls to get together

joined Jul 28, 2015

I am surprised by the fact that arrange marriage are still a thing in places like Japan, granted only a small percent, but still. So everytime I read a manga like this, my mind goes "wait people still have arranged marriage in country like japan", before rembering, " yes, yes they do".

I don’t think mangas usually accurately depict what’s currently true in mainstream Japan.

In the 1960s, a survey analysis reported that 40.7 percent of all marriages were arranged in the manner mentioned above, and 57.0 percent were a freely made decision or love-oriented marriage. The rate of arranged marriage in a 1980s survey dropped to 22.8 percent for arranged marriages and rose to 71.8 percent for love-oriented marriages.

So yeah, the numbers change in that trend. It’s true that 0% arranged marriage probably isn’t the case right now though. But it’s not to the point where you see it often in mainstream media. And it’s not just Japan either—arranged marriages happen in Europe, South Asia, United States etc. In conclusion, whether it’s a developing or developed countries, arranged marriages still happen

joined Jul 28, 2015

Not once does the supposed grade/elementary school girl explicitly say she's that young.

It's all in the MC's mind because she sees the backpack. I mean, the girl isn't even wearing a uniform whilst carrying the backpack.

Then in the next scene she's seen running to the pool with a smaller girl who could be her sister (despite not saying Oneesan). It's safe to presume the backpack belongs to the little girl and that her older sister takes her swimming once a week.

I think this is the author having fun with the reader and that if there were further chapters, we'd learn that big girl and small girl are practically the same age.

Now this I can accept. Can’t deal with this “adult attracted to a literal child” trope at all...

Though it’s still kinda whack and nasty that MC, after assuming that the other MC is a child, is still looking at her /that/ way

last edited at Aug 8, 2020 4:06PM

joined Jul 28, 2015

It’s clear that Airi isn’t so smart lol. From doing such dangerous things at school where people can easily see you, to trying to gain pity from others after being found out—turns out she isn’t the super villian like the death note guy.

Since it’s seems easy to outsmart Airi, I wonder if Hina will have some sort of reverse-manipulate tactics. But after the latest chapter Hina seems to be simping too much for that.

joined Jul 28, 2015

I'm somewhat surprised to see some people here talking about Airi and Hina's relationship as if it's a totally unproblematic BDSM relationship when to me their relationship does not look safe, sane or consensual, or at least it's all very questionable. TBH when I see people defend fucked up "kinks" under the aegis of sex positivity my initial reaction is that we need more kink shaming, but that's neither here nor there since this is a fictional manga. Anyway I did not expect that little reversal at the end of the latest chapter and I'm excited to see where that goes.

Agreed with the dangerous part. Hopefully everyone isn’t seriously labelling this as “safe” because it clearly isn’t

Haven't read all the comments, but i'm pretty sure that people aren't saying this is "safe", but instead calling out someone who tried to mislead people on what BDSM means.
The person that brought up BDSM into the discussion is the only one i've seen that implied the relationship portrayed in the manga is a normal BDSM relationship and they did so trying to make the argument that all bdsm is a form of abuse which is simply not true.

oops yeah i didn’t read all the comments; got a little too mad at that person who tried to make it seem like this is an okay relationship. sorry about jumping to conclusions!

joined Jul 28, 2015

Considering how the only explanation for Hina tolerating all this stuff is because she likes to be wanted by Airi, I can see how this isn’t going to end well unless a third party gets involved. Like someone who would hear the story out and solve the problem because 1. Hina can’t see how this is wrong and 2. Airi only cares about her reputation. I’m thinking Yuu.

joined Jul 28, 2015

I'm somewhat surprised to see some people here talking about Airi and Hina's relationship as if it's a totally unproblematic BDSM relationship when to me their relationship does not look safe, sane or consensual, or at least it's all very questionable. TBH when I see people defend fucked up "kinks" under the aegis of sex positivity my initial reaction is that we need more kink shaming, but that's neither here nor there since this is a fictional manga. Anyway I did not expect that little reversal at the end of the latest chapter and I'm excited to see where that goes.

Agreed with the dangerous part. Hopefully everyone isn’t seriously labelling this as “safe” because it clearly isn’t

vf-c
joined Jul 28, 2015

Very specific but I'm gonna give it a shot. Anyone knows any NSFW works with art style similar to Majoccoid's Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl, Kashikaze's Sweeter Than The Taste Of Alcohol or Kasumi (the artist that did a bunch of Love Live doujins) ?

Here are the links (since idk how to put links onto text):

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/handsome_girl_and_sheltered_girl
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweeter_than_the_taste_of_alcohol
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/kasumi

vf-c
Water Depth discussion 31 May 12:01
joined Jul 28, 2015

the hell? this one is cute as heck. i want more--

joined Jul 28, 2015

can i just appreciate how nice everything about this is. i love how both kotori and umi have gathered enough courage to propose + neither kotori nor umi gets embarrassed when they spend time woth each other.
they must have been dating for a long time. gosh. see the stability here

vf-c
Image Comments 19 May 04:10
joined Jul 28, 2015
Czupklovaaaaatd

^^uminico is good too !! tbh i ship the ot4 nicotoriumimaki kill me asdfghhjkkl
i mean ?? umimaki ?? nicotori ?? uminico ?? kotomaki ???? so good.

vf-c
Image Comments 18 May 15:49
joined Jul 28, 2015
Czupklovaaaaatd

now im only waiting for nicotori,,,, make it happen !! nicotori is so good i s2g ( tumblr has a lot of them asdfghjkl )

joined Jul 28, 2015

aa finally one of my fav artists' doujins is finally being translated,,, bless you scanlation team ;;

joined Jul 28, 2015

i just came across this manga series a few hours ago, this is beautiful. A bit incomprehensible to me though. Might as well read it again to understand it fully.
But, this has been bothering me for a while now, who killed the rabbits?

vf-c
Image Comments 28 Jul 16:18
joined Jul 28, 2015
35708852_p12

I think they are kinda like NicoMaki , I mean , look at them .

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 10:05AM