Forum › Posts by saki888

K2
joined May 22, 2014

I watching a one of my daily soaps yesterday , General Hospital, they introduced their first ever lesbian love scene and it was pretty great to watch lol

saki888
Saki discussion 19 Jul 12:57
K2
joined May 22, 2014

I don't know how could Saki defeat her opponents, especially Shizuno's overwhelming power Shizuno

Shizuno may be the mountain but Saki is the flower that will grow on top of the mountain

last edited at Jul 19, 2016 12:59PM

saki888
Saki discussion 20 Jun 11:12
K2
joined May 22, 2014

Toki's ability feels like cheating to me and it stops me from being a fan

She has a limit though on how many times she can do it though. Also her being able to see doesn't always guarantee her a win as Teru showed us

last edited at Jun 20, 2016 11:13AM

K2
joined May 22, 2014

You can also help by voting Trump

I rather drink acid before voting for him :)

saki888
Saki discussion 09 May 00:01
K2
joined May 22, 2014

dumb why can't we just go straight the finals :( I'm ready for Saki to go all out . Nice to see Toki is alright though

saki888
Saki discussion 19 Mar 18:47
K2
joined May 22, 2014

Chapter 155 has been translated.

1)The information seems to suggest that the Miyanaga family broke apart when Teru was in 5th grade, which is a bit longer ago than I thought (although I'd heard that the Drama CD scene with Saki and Teru, which includes Saki's fond memory of Teru when they were young, was not long before Teru and her mother left home). Perhaps it also means that it'll be that much harder for Saki to reconcile with Teru, let alone get her parents to reconcile with each other.

2)I wonder why Nodoka said she didn't know whether Saki and Teru were related, especially since Nishida immediately sees through it.

3)It's nice to see Nishida consider the possible ethical implications of this as a journalist, but her comments suggest she's only scratched the surface. I hope we get to see more about this fairly soon.

Nodka knows that Saki doesn't like the press. If they found they were sister they would be following her around all of the time. In Saki's mind if it comes out so be it but they aren't going to announce it to the world either

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Hmm that's hard . Tokyo Ghoul was pretty bad. Sasameki Koto was good but it disappointed they didn't another season. Aoi Hana was unappealing from the moment it became a anime. I HATE the Sailor Moon original Eng dub because of all the censoring of same-sex relationships. They changed Haruka and Michiru from lovers to cousins and that was pretty homophobic in my opinion.

last edited at Feb 22, 2016 2:00AM

saki888
Saki discussion 02 Jan 19:01
K2
joined May 22, 2014

Omg finally the finals. Rits had to create a little conflict for Saki so she and Nodka could have a moment

K2
joined May 22, 2014

The city of Iga in Mie Prefecture has announced plans to start issuing certificates recognizing same-sex partnerships as being equivalent to marriage. The city will become the fourth district in Japan to strengthen its LGBT rights. The certificates will be issued from April 2016, in a bid to address discrimination against the LGBT community, Iga Mayor Sakae Okamoto said in a statement.

The city will follow Shibuya and Setagaya wards in Tokyo, which became Japan’s first and second local governments to introduce the system last month. As of Friday, 25 December 2015, a total of 16 same-sex couples have received papers from the two wards.

The city of Takarazuka, meanwhile, has said it will start issuing papers authenticating partnership oaths by same-sex couples by summer 2016. Okamoto said he instructed city officials to visit Takarazuka to learn about its plan and compile guidelines by the end of March on issuing partnership certificates.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/12/26/another-japanese-city-to-recognise-same-sex-relationships/

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Japan should legalize same sex marriage already.

That...could be maybe, in like,...never? :D
That would be soo wonderful, but sadly i think they will do it in like,..phew,,,...10 years? 20? Oh well.It's 2k16 soon.
This will happen soon.

Have you not seen there's been a lot progress just this year. Just this year three cities in Japan recognized same-sex marriage and they even give out license of some sort that almost equal the same rights as married couples

Shibuya is a ward within a city. But I gather a couple of other cities are considering it. From what I gather, the certificates in those areas are largely symbolic and are not recognized in the rest of the country. But it's a definite start.

Isn't that how it started in the U.S.? Started off only being recognized in some places with lots of opposition from conservatives before it was finally made law nationwide.

Exactly how it started. In year 2000 California passed a simple little domestic partnership law that gave same-sex couples some rights kind of like places in Japan did and in the US it evolved from there just as it may in Japan. These little domestic partnership licenses/certificates evolve over time.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Japan should legalize same sex marriage already.

That...could be maybe, in like,...never? :D
That would be soo wonderful, but sadly i think they will do it in like,..phew,,,...10 years? 20? Oh well.It's 2k16 soon.
This will happen soon.

Have you not seen there's been a lot progress just this year. Just this year three cities in Japan recognized same-sex marriage and they even give out license of some sort that almost equal the same rights as married couples

saki888
Where you from?~ 10 Dec 12:17
K2
joined May 22, 2014

Seattle, Washington and yes its raining

K2
joined May 22, 2014

The city of Takarazuka yesterday announced that it will follow in the footsteps of two Tokyo districts in recognising same-sex relationships
As well as officially recognising the relationships, the city also hopes to fuel a debate on equal marriage.

The new certificates will be similar to those which came into force earlier this month in the Setagaya and Shibuya wards of Tokyo.

The mayor of Takarazuka, Tomoko Nakagawa, announced the initiative, saying: “One of the primary missions of local governments is to stand on the side of people who feel uncomfortable living in this society.”

Those signing up for the certificates will give a “partnership oath” to the city, giving their names and addresses.

Then a certificate will be issued under the mayor’s name.

Some services will accept the certificates, and will allow same-sex couples similar rights to their married opposite-sex counterparts.

Officially the certificates will begin being issued in March 2016.
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/12/01/third-japanese-district-to-recognise-same-sex-partnerships/

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Japan is now in that grey area that the US was in about the year 2010. They are warming up to the idea but not there completely yet.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

A majority of Japanese support changing the country’s laws to allow same-sex unions, with the highest backing coming from younger respondents, according to a poll. Fifty-one percent of people polled by researchers from universities and the National Institute of Population and Social Security Research back such partnerships, the Asahi newspaper reported. Support exceeded 70 percent among respondents in their 20s and 30s, while 38 percent in their 60s and 24 percent in their 70s were in favor, the Asahi said. This year, Tokyo’s Shibuya Ward became the country’s first local authority to recognize same-sex partnerships and this month started issuing “equivalency to marriage” certificates to gay couples. While the move has helped build momentum for same-sex marriage, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and some senior members of his party are cautious on the issue

saki888
IF discussion 27 Nov 20:08
K2
joined May 22, 2014

hahaha love it

saki888
K2
joined May 22, 2014

People get arrested all the time.

I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm just saying this crackdown seems different then in the past. I'm not even saying that people won't do it. I'm just saying that saying that it may not be as easy to get it.

saki888
K2
joined May 22, 2014

They're not gonna stop piracy. Not even the music, film or game industries are able to stop piracy.

no not completely but if several getting arrested it will cause people to get scared of up loading it.

saki888
K2
joined May 22, 2014

Has anyone been watching the recent news about manga piracy crackdown? There's been several people recently arrested in Japan and China. It makes me wonder how access to manga will change and will it even possible search for on the internet.

last edited at Nov 20, 2015 1:32AM

K2
joined May 22, 2014

1: Haruka(Sailor Moon)
2: Shizuma
3:Shizuru
4: Yaya chan (from strawberry panic)
5: Haruka ( sakura trick)

saki888
Saki discussion 10 Nov 22:30
K2
joined May 22, 2014

I like to think of Saki as a story set in an alternate universe where mahjong is insanely popular and underwear doesn't exist.

Um...the first part is actually canon, except it's near future rather than alternate universe.

I know, I take a manga about superpowered lesbians playing mahjong way too seriously.

I can't think of anything more worthy to be taken seriously, actually.

LOLOL I Know right

saki888
Saki discussion 10 Nov 22:28
K2
joined May 22, 2014

SIgh what is she going to do. So many points behind sigh

saki888
Saki discussion 05 Oct 10:29
K2
joined May 22, 2014

that saki, nodoka moment :)

saki888
Saki discussion 09 Aug 19:50
K2
joined May 22, 2014

Oh Shit :( that wasn't good, well not much more till saki has to go into God mode

last edited at Aug 9, 2015 7:52PM