Forum › Posts by Mai88

Mai88
Memorial discussion 04 Jan 15:20
Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

This made me wonder,
Do the scans group people find the 'damn that must have been so hard to translate' comments funny or infuriating in No text stories?

Well, I made my translator overwork and karoushi while I also got many sleepless nights and allnighters with caffeine while leveling because of this manga.

joined May 20, 2014

Ah darn, I wish this wasn't a oneshot.

I mean... it does have a sequel in Avalon Bloom

Wait, what? Has it not been translated yet?

Avalon Bloom/Bitter has not yet been completely scanlated, from what I can see. It's the same anthology this work is part of, you can click on the link on the top of this work to find it. I don't know whether or not it's true that there's a sequel within it, but The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri just finished this chapter of it, so if there is it might still be a little bit. The chapters before then it appears were scanlated more than a year ago, so it might be that there's not high demand so they're only getting around to things slowly. This is all just whatever I could figure out but looking at the pages for the manga and the scanlation group on here and on baka-updates (first thing that came up looking for them in google), so I have no insider knowledge and can't give you more than that.

There's a sequel in Avalon ~bloom~, the successor to Avalon (while Avalon ~karma~ is the successor to Avalon ~bitter~, the darker ones of these anthologies). We haven't started working on the sequel yet since we're slowly getting back to clearing our backlog and working on other new releases that our translators have interest in, but I personally wish to work on it eventually.

joined May 20, 2014

...Ironic.

Your WordPress also gave me one of those pop up android ads that are a bitch to get rid of. What the fuck?

I have no control over the ads WordPress is displaying, they display these ads because I'm using a free plan and I don't earn a single cent from it. It must be because of your search history or your cookies/IP address, idk. Also, what's adblocker.

joined May 20, 2014

The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri is picking up this project, reasoning in the following link: https://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/2018/08/25/aono-nachi-kimi-ga-shinu-made-koi-wo-shitai-till-your-death-do-us-part-reasoning-behind-picking-up/

last edited at Aug 25, 2018 5:51AM

joined May 20, 2014

i would soo not be against nekomura doing an animal-ear doujin..

She already did ;)
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/young_pet_kaga_san_and_akagi_san

On a side note, we caught up with the JP releases so there's not more yet, as Altair said. gxg is generally moving to GOT's webcomic page Comic Medu and they've started to release previous gxg works again. Probably to gather audience. We can't say when they'll continue the series they haven't finished yet, but their twitter said they will.
All this is probably to separate gxg, a pure yuri section of GOT from their het filled Comic ExE magazines, so it's important to support their endeavours. I recommend buying Avalon/Avalon~bitter if you're interested in supporting gxg's Yuri and show them that there is a demand. You can also buy most of gxg's oneshots/series on other online shops like dlsite or dmm.com.

joined May 20, 2014

Page 30: "Shure"

That was intended since original said "fai" instead of "hai" .-.

joined May 20, 2014

Soooo everyone here already accepts the fact that it will end badly? Unless some kind souls who have read the raw please spoil the ending for me (but as far as I know this author doesn't do BE or SE though, all the other series are HE?)

The series isn't far enough out to tell yet! We're only at Chapter 12. I speculate that Aoi might die before they can figure out how to save Sara, if that's what they end up trying to do.

Further speculation, on page 18 of chapter 9, they went to the 3rd year classroom and acted out class because Sara will be dead before she can ever become a third year. Friendly reminder that this story has always been weirdly uncomfortable and dark.

*Chapter 13 just came out yesterday (still have to buy it though). When you pointed out the classroom visit because Sara could never be a 3rd year, it was very creepy (but kinda clever by the author).
I personally doubt it'll end entirely badly, maybe some sacrifices have to be made but I don't think author-san will leave us in despair. She did too many happy endings for that.

Mai88
If You Come discussion 11 Mar 07:55
joined May 20, 2014

Think this might be incorrectly classified as a work by a new author. There is already an existing entry under: https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/shinoba

You're right. For next time, there's a "suggest tag changes" at the top right. I did it already now.

joined May 20, 2014

Style reminds me a bit of Kawai Rou (especially page 404).
Age gap is always appreciated, thanks!

joined May 20, 2014
joined May 20, 2014

fixed a typo on p8 (Akari -> Akira).

joined May 20, 2014

How did this get uploaded a day before it was initially released? I am guessing it is from time differences between the uploader and site, but it is still an odd site none the less.

What time zone is the site following exactly? I know it is at least a few hours off CST/-6:00UTC.

Do you mean the release date on TZdY's website? I have CET on our website (UTC+1) which follows the German time zone while dynasty's time zone seems to be somewhere in the States (?). We usually release our stuff at 00:01 (12:01am) so it's been the 1st January 2018 already, while sometimes our releases get uploaded on dynasty when they still have the previous calendar day (but sometimes they match the release date with the website's release date (??)). Time zones can be indeed confusing.

joined May 20, 2014

Finally, thank you YP. I love age gap, student teacher, and Momono Moto so this series is one of the few I'm actively following/looking forward to. While other people might find the age gap a bit too large, I don't really see a problem with this one, especially when the student is the dominant one-

joined May 20, 2014

Well, it's self-published and author explained why she couldn't draw more (cut pages?). Situation is similar to Haruzo's Touko-san can't take care of the house-series, intended to be one but you never know. She's probably also busy (she's currently running another yuri series in Comic Exe which is bimonthly), and it looks like this book is her first doujinshi. You could even say she's inexperienced about how to handle a story/series since she only drew illustrations before. Apparently she'll participate in C93 but as a KanColle booth, so chances are low that we'll get a sequel book this year.

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

"Tomorrow" was actually Saturday.

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

That scene with the mobile phone was a lot more fun in the live action, I almost died of laugher. (she constantly pressed the button to take a picture and didn't turn off the sound, so the whole class+teacher looked to her).

Mai88
Shadow Love discussion 07 Nov 12:30
joined May 20, 2014

Liked how pushy Ai was, drama and angst is the best with a happy ending.

joined May 20, 2014

There's a song based on this story by GET IN THE RING https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1TxcJHIahg (TL: https://petayuuchan.wordpress.com/2017/07/13/diagonal-idol/).
The song's album cover was drawn by Nakatani too.

joined May 20, 2014

"Melonbooks Exclusive Booklet?" Are the video game industry's accursed practices making their way into my yuri?

Preeeety sure there have been exclusive extras like this for a long time.

So, does that mean I can change this to... are my yuri's accursed practices making their way into the video game industry? You know, I kinda wonder what started all this dumb "exclusive extra" stuff anyway...

It's common practice in Japan to have retailer exclusive bonuses bundled with tankobon releases, especially limited editions (see Citrus vol.6 or BIY vol.4). It looks dumb from our perspective but it isn't quite from the retailer's perspective. They get more customers that way and the customer gets something extra too which isn't common overseas (ever saw Citrus merchandise being sold to Westerners?). Would have loved to get more of the Vamp-chan extra stuff from animate/toranoana, but that would have been rather insane for my wallet.

joined May 20, 2014

Loved the Akai Ito -Kaeishou- part, finished the game just recently and was glad to see all the characters from that game again together at Kei's side (sadly Yumei didn't get too much appearance there).
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/aoishiro_kaeishou_akai_ito_kaeishou#51
that page with Nozomi though, makes me like her even more now.

joined May 20, 2014

Small correction on the credit page: The scanner wasn't Anya but Anonymous. I fixed it in the download files on our page now.

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Love this pairing. Sucks to like a pairing that isn't popular though, not enough doujinshis available...

joined May 20, 2014

This is a great manga go team badass

I completely forgot we did that.
Sort of an in-joke for a PR team of Altair, Bronx, and A916
Much better than Team BakA9
Thanks!!

You got the order wrong, it's Bronx, Altair and A 916 (BadAss⑨) :P

There's also a doujinshi to look forward to. Don't know when we'll be working on it though.

Mai88
Kayako discussion 06 Jul 15:19
joined May 20, 2014

could you please merge this author with hoshikuzu dolce? they're the same person.
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/hoshikuzu_dolce
here's their pixiv entry: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60789690
(and as you can see, that author goes by the group name hoshikuzu dolce (星屑ドルチェ)).

joined May 20, 2014

It's been a while but we're opening recruitment for:
- proofreaders with a firm grasps of English grammar, must be active too: experience not required, but should have a decent level in English. And must of course be Native speaker.
-one experienced cleaner for Kimi no Tame nara Shineru: must have cleaning experience or know how to use stamp tool and redraw things. Photoshop required, though if you know how to do the same things in GIMP or other programs, that's fine too.
You will be tested in all positions. Please apply with past experience, motivation and how much time you'll be able to spare for scanlation work here: https://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/contact/. Thank you.

last edited at Jun 14, 2017 7:01AM