Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

That one is "Present", by Uso Kurata.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

The sex definitely happens abruptly. It's pretty much as though it had to be there just because it's Wild Rose. This is still an old favorite of mine because the romance aspect is so good.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Citrus discussion 14 Apr 14:08
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Page 3 bottom right panel when Mei says "slo'zu" <---- what does that mean :|

Slow + Yuzu = Slow'zu. A taunt about Yuzu's unwillingness to get up.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Is this a series? Seems like a one-shot to me.

You can tell from the first pages. The cover and interior art show that it's a full tankoubon, and there's a table of contents on page 4 that lists four chapters, of which this is titled as the first on page 5.

Very interesting. Rather more mature in tone than Hakamada's other works, although I like her usual stuff fine. Would've been a rather melancholy end if it had stopped here, so I'm looking forward to the rest.

last edited at Apr 14, 2013 4:35AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Aww, too bad. =/ This was another one of my favs. Don't see many original yuri titles with fantasy elements in it.

If you haven't heard of it before, you should look into a manga called "Stray Little Devil", which was fully released in English. It's a quite complicated and involved fantasy story that ends with canon yuri, and was quite a pleasant surprise at the time it came out.

Yes, it's a terrible shame about Creo. The art is just glorious.

last edited at Apr 9, 2013 5:17PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Citrus discussion 09 Apr 01:39
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Very interesting series, I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I thought it had kinda moved too fast, but how much place is there for development in a oneshot?

Read Uso Kurata's "Kakera", and you'll see just how well a sister/sister relationship oneshot can be written. I also enjoy yuri incest works, but this one was rather generic.

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 11:49AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

The artist certainly does seem to have a thing for hair, whether long thick and elaborate (Akari, Jessie, and some others as yet unmet), or done up in strange styles - Ayla's certainly, but wait until you see Lahrri's bizarrely aerodynamic delta-wing of hair. It makes the characters more memorable though. I always found Akari's "hair-antlers", as I think of them, charming. Jessie also has a Meaningful Style Change later in the manga. Not a shortening, don't worry, just an alteration in how she wears it.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Don't worry, he won't appear much on the whole. Although he does have some rather unorthodox obstacles planned to liven up the triathlon...

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Delivery discussion 06 Apr 14:25
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I really enjoyed this one. Hooray for adult women.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Uploading? 06 Apr 13:24
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Thanks all. :)

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Uploading? 06 Apr 02:00
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

We just put out a release, and I was going to upload it myself, until I noticed...I don't really see a way for me to do that on the new reader. How do we do it now, or is it something that's only for reader staff anymore?

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I always liked this one. Even though it is mostly PWP sex, there are some unusual and pleasant relationship dynamics at work, with both girls supporting and protecting each other. I love that.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Yuri Game discussion 05 Apr 09:02
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

pkChinensis - Thanks for taking the time to clear up some of those things for me :) If there is no sequel then i'll just look forward to future chi-ran yuri then.

No problem.
Unfortunately, Chi-Ran isn't drawing much manga at all these days, and her latest books have been BL. But maybe she'll decide to draw more yuri someday!

That's a shame. Chi-Ran is one of my all-time favorite yuri artists, because her works pretty much always involve confident, self-assured lesbians. It's at times like these that I really wish we had more insight into the lives and work situations of manga artists.

Then on the next page, whats the gibberish in the background? It dosnt seem to be on a sign, more like a comment, but it cant be an translated right, why would the author put gibberish in?
'The bitter iron that would in fostering the process, of turkey' ?? If thats realy what it says and i was translating this i would of edited it out because its meaningless.

You must be fairly new to anime and manga. Japanese artists often use meaningless English as "flavor text" in situations like signs, newspapers, T-shirt slogans, and books. They're often from odd sources like technical manuals and suchlike.

last edited at Apr 5, 2013 9:11AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

They were both released on DVD in the US - long, long ago. From my understanding, the Battle Athletes television series was actually the very first anime series ever to be released on DVD in the West.

Yes, they're both quite good. The OVA has a more serious, epic feel, and being far shorter, of course things move much more quickly. The television series is much more humorous and relies on a lot of gags and wacky situations, as well as obviously having more time to develop the characters. They also both have an appreciable amount of yuri content - especially so for their time - the details and ultimate resolutions of which are different from each other (and from the manga).

In any case, they're both definitely worth watching if you can find them. They were some of my earliest anime purchases and I continue to cherish them. Indeed, it was my enjoyment of them that led me to want to work on the manga. (Although I can say that I find the manga version the most satisfying of the three now that I've had the chance to see it.) They might be difficult to acquire these days given their age, but they're also liable to be cheap if you do.

Anyway, next chapter of the manga should be out before too long. I'm working on it right now.

last edited at Mar 25, 2013 7:56PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

this is nothing like the anime sigh...

Actually it is. Both a 6-episode OVA and a 26-episode television series were made, and the manga (which is the original version) bears similarities to and differences from both at times. Actually I consider the manga the best of the three versions. It certainly is in terms of yuri.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Bullying is a very serious problem in Japan, for the same reasons as in Koe no Katachi: the teachers look the other way and allow it to happen, usually to protect the reputation of the school. In Japan, almost all schools are private sector organizations that count on their reputations to attract customers (that is, students), and any sort of undesirable occurances (bullying, molesting teachers, etc.) are covered up or ignored as much as possible. Bullying is one of the reasons Japan's suicide rate is one of the highest among developed nations, effectively twice as many as in the US for a given sample size.

last edited at Mar 21, 2013 10:56AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
All Good Things... 28 Nov 17:12
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

We're grateful for everything you did. I know how hard it is to fit scanlation into a busy life, and you've put forth an incredible amount of work over the years. It was and will continue to be enjoyed and appreciated.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
And that's one 13 May 23:13
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I loved this one. Reminded me of Stray Little Devil, for obvious reasons. Thanks for doing it.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
New Zefiberyl release. 15 Apr 18:01
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

It's come to our attention that page 6 of chapter 22 is missing from the release. Here is the missing page. If it could be added to the reader, we'd really appreciate it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--40-KSet2K4/Tak9vJp7g6I/AAAAAAAAAJQ/HcF_1_AWbQA/s1600/choir22_06.png

last edited at Apr 15, 2011 6:02PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
New Zefiberyl release. 11 Apr 08:51
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Hey y'all, just letting you know that after a very long hiatus, we released chapters 22-25 of Choir on the 8th. I didn't expect them to go up on the reader after so long without saying anything, so this is just to let you know we still exist. Thanks again for hosting us.

http://zefiberyl.blogspot.com

last edited at Apr 11, 2011 8:52AM