Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In chapter 70.

Nya-chan
Anime season 16 Jun 01:41
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lawl... all these talks about how anime is dead (film at eleven).

People were saying the same thing in the 90s, calling the 80s the "golden age of anime" and calling "commercial shit" everything that came after. Fans don't change after all.

It's well known that the japanese make tons of anime, ranging from bad to shit. But there's also good ones every year, for all tastes. It's up to you to find them.

Nya-chan
Lily Love discussion 15 Jun 10:22
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not sure Stretch is going to touch the subject at all.

I miss the goodness that was Prism. It was near perfect. I wish he could have continued it.

Nya-chan
Citrus discussion 15 Jun 10:16
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, in chapter 16, Mei acknowledges more or less to Yuzu (not verbally) that she has feelings for her and hints at them dating. But now, Harumin's sister is probably going to wreck havoc in the nascent relationship.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I guess the theme is "first love".

And that it means that it doesn't have to be the last.

But it's stiil something to remember.

Nya-chan
Lily Love discussion 15 Jun 09:22
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm going to dig an oldie, but Girl Friends' pace is pretty good.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There's only 1 volume of 聖純少女パラダイム on amazon JP.

It's not numbered, so I guess that's all there is.

Nya-chan
Lily Love discussion 15 Jun 08:28
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There must be a middle-ground between Lily Love, where everything happens lightning fast and Fluttering Feelings where they are still wrapping their mind around the attraction.

Nya-chan
Lily Love discussion 15 Jun 01:45
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Now I feel bad criticizing some of the story points.

Nevertheless, I'd have wished for a slower pace and more in-depth characterization.

Personal preference I guess.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Anyway, it seems to head in the direction of "the feelings are mutual, but now they both think they will be rejected by the other, so frustration ensues (both for them and the readers)".

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The flashbacks are all from No-Rae (when she had long hair also). No flashback of "high school".

And Seol-a doing squash reminds me of Ayame-14, with the girl doing sit-ups to calm down her agitation.

last edited at Jun 15, 2015 1:38AM

Nya-chan
Lily Love discussion 14 Jun 16:29
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

And best friends always tell you "Go for it! Be an outcast in thai society for the rest of your life! Love is wonderful! Woohoo!"

Yeah, right. Great friend. Or not.

Best friend support her love and says she should try it since the other girl is gay, why is she not a great friend? What's unrealistic about it? Could you explain?

Well... it's fine to support love, but a real friend would maybe tell her to think things over? She doesn't even know the other person.

And maybe tell her that she'd possibly lose some other friends in the process.

If a coming out was that easy, there would be no closets.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 4:32PM

Nya-chan
Lily Love discussion 14 Jun 15:30
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

them fingers o.O

Yeah, noticed it too. That hand is creepy.

Oh right :

"I don't want to spoil our friendship with random hugs"

"Let's ignore her completely from now on. I'm sure it will not spoil our friendship".

Oy... are you stupid?

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 3:32PM

Nya-chan
Lily Love discussion 14 Jun 15:26
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In the end, they graduate and break up because they are going separate paths. And get married to some random P'knot

Sorry, couldn't resist.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 3:26PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lol that's funny. Because some people seems to care enough and call it childish because they want it to look as perfect as possible. Anyways, I never want people to stop reading from mangafox, mangahere or whatever. I just don't like my work uploaded on random websites and use for profit. I don't mind if people use my work for private use, but not for profit. Ignorant people like you who don't care about anything as long as it's convenient for them are why those 'Fuck Off' notes appear.

Err... I said it was childish, because it will have no effect whatsoever. It's like a child sticking his tongue out to make a point.

I guess it took something off of your chest because you hate it that some people are making money with your work, which I understand, but it will not change anything.

I read it on imgur and I'm thankful for your translation. I don't feel concerned about Mangafox or if it's perfect or not, as long as I understand what's going on.

And Mangafox is horrible to browse anyway. It's not convenient at all. I prefer Dynasty's reader.

Nya-chan
Lily Love discussion 14 Jun 15:00
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Maybe I'd like more build up. Characters are not very deep.

She jumps from being quasi ACE to being full blown lesbian in just 1 chapter.

Maybe it gets bettter later.

Still, I love the art. Ratana is very good.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ooooh... Gravity defying boobs. I like.

Nya-chan
Lily Love discussion 14 Jun 14:47
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hmmm... she didn't exactly aim for originality there.

"I feel good when I'm near her... okay, I didn't think about it at all until today, but it seems I'm a lesbian! cool!"

Must be nice to have a mind that flexible.

And best friends always tell you "Go for it! Be an outcast in thai society for the rest of your life! Love is wonderful! Woohoo!"

Yeah, right. Great friend. Or not.

Okay, suspension of disbelief reactivated...

Drama incoming!

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 2:49PM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Granted of course, in a bygone age couples managed to find a way even when the only communication was a letter that took weeks or even months to arrive. And there are a great many yuri stories like Yearning For Macaron, Summer Is All About and Female x Female = Love which push the idea of putting in the effort to make a LDR work. The possibility is there, even if you're Japanese.

It seems to be harder for Japanese, because in their culture, when you move, you're more or less expected to cut ties with people. Except maybe with your family (and even then), living in different cities, or even in different neighborhood, means the end of the relationship.

It seems Japanese have class reunions though, where you gather people from the same class each year, to see how everyone is doing. So it seems that they try to keep some friendships (barely) alive. But if they are living far away, most wouldn't bother.

This doesn't mean it's mandatory. I'm sure a lot of people there try to make it work. They are humans, not robots.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 2:37PM

Nya-chan
Anime season 14 Jun 12:44
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ushio and Tora: An adaptation of an old but famous manga, which is usually a good sign

Wait, seriously? That was an awesome anime back in the day, can't believe they're remaking it.

Ushio to Tora? Wow.. that takes me back.

Do they lack so much interesting manga that they have to dig 90's oldies?

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Japan has bullet trains and trains everywhere. Their railroad system is one of the best in the world.

And anyway,, I don't think that people go to the extreme of going to live apart, one in the extreme north and the other in the extreme south. There's a middle ground. So, at most, it should be a few hours by train. If you can't do it regularly, then it means you don't want to put the effort in.

I don't judge them, because it's part of their culture. But somehow, they are aware it's an issue because it's often a plot point in their fictions.

Even being in different classes can spell the end of a friendship.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 5:00AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Japan isn't that huge. It's 2 hours by train between Tokyo and Kyoto. It's not the US. "Too far away" isn't really the issue. It's just that it takes extra effort to maintain the relationship.

And in Girl Friends, it's not about the distance. Like I wrote previously, if nothing connects two people, it becomes much harder to maintain a relationship for Japanese. It's a mindset of them. Even if they live in the same city.

A lot of manga are based on this : once you graduate, once you change job, once you quit a club, if nothing connects you, then all is left are the feelings. And if they are not strong enough, you drift apart. They even willingly put an end to things so as to no be "held back" by these feelings.

It's especially harder for a same sex relationship, where you can't even envision marriage in Japan.

So Mari decides to put all her might into the relationship, because her feelings are that strong.

Here, in "First Love's Pledge", the feelings are there, but they are not strong enough to warrant the effort.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 4:38AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Indirect kisses are serious business.

I'm sure you can make babies that way.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 3:23AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yay! New chapter!

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Only thing I have to say is, "where there is a will, there is a way".

A long distance relationship "forever" is impossible, all right. But if you can overcome a temporary seperation without wavering, it can be ok.

That's exactly what the end of "Girl friends" is about if you remember. Re-read it.

Mari decides to put in the effort to make her relationship with Akko work. Even though they are both girls, even though they are not studying the same thing, even though they may be separated temporarily, if they don't give up, then it'll be all right.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 2:42AM