Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I wish there was more yuri in this.

Hime is obviously not interested in boys at all.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuu is so damn adorable. I want to see more of her.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Personally, I like Citrus.

It's what I always say to the kids : don't say something is "shit", just say that you don't like it. YMMV.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 3:53AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yaaaaaah! I've been waiting for the continuation of this for so long!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not too sure about Centaur. They have 6 volumes out at 7seas and it is still being scanlated no?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Meaning scanlations of Akuma will die?

last edited at Jun 26, 2015 5:01AM

Nya-chan
Octave discussion 26 Jun 04:55
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm conflicted about Octave. Although I can empathize with the characters, I'm not even sure it's about a woman loving another woman.

It's more about Yukino's growth as a person able to stand on her own two feet and not depending on others to fawn on her to exist. If Setsuko had been a man, most of the story could have been the same. The social stigma of "being a lesbian" is never really adressed.

And the Shiori character is just bleh. I didn't understand her purpose or her attitude when Yukino tells her she's living with her girlfriend. She seem to be jealous of Yukino's happiness and resent the fact that she didn't really suffer. So she calls her "boring" and hurt her. I found Shiori came accross as a bitch. The only genuinely strong female character is Mika.

So, praise to Octave for bringing us a grown up story for grown ups, but some of it look unclear to me. The motivations of some of the characters are muddy at best and never really explained.

last edited at Jun 26, 2015 4:56AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, I don't know if Dynasty has any series ongoing and if they take forever to update them, but it's hardly any reason to "hate" them.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't think they can ban you from it. I doubt they do.

School rules, on the other hand, generally state that if you wear the uniform outside of school (inside of school is mandatory anyway), you are supposed to behave properly to preserve the school's reputation. That includes proably showing off your boyfriend/girfriend or PDAs.

It's not uncommon for boyfriends/girfriends to completely ignore each other when in school. Heck, usually, boys and girls don't even mix in the same class. Girls on one side of the room, boys on the other.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I just want to read stories about girls in love.

I think this is the right place?

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Pity is just another form of insult.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I was just trying to ease the tension (ó﹏ò。)

But come on... you know the trope.

Every standard romcom starts by a fight between the two main protagonists.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I suggest a mud wrestling match between the ladies.

That'd be more entertaining than walls of korean text.

And give more yuri opportunities.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Life is too short to be worrying about such trivial things.

Let's make love, not war.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Whatever. I probably misinterpreted some things, but I didn't intend to be rude to scanlations groups. If it came accross that way, I'm sorry.

But I still don't like the pay-to-view business model.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I didn't get the part where I was criticizing anyone or shitting on anyone? I never said anything about Halmoni or her group. Where the hell does that come from? Don't twist my words.

Probably the bit where you said they were "...baiting people into buying something..." which is outright accusing them of dishonest practices. It's certainly harsh enough to qualify as Very Rude Indeed.

Oh, I didn't know the fact that the first chapter was done by "fans" and not by the website. I didn't read that bit.

I thought it was just the pay-to-view website that allowed the first chapter to be "out there" so people would come to subscribe.

Anyway, even if it's not dishonest, if they don't intend to translate the rest because the korean website doesn't allow it, they are basically making the bait for them for free.

I rather have the impression that Halmoni and her group are taken advantage of, not by the author (because he doesn't have a say in the matter) but by that pay-site.

Or I'm mistaken again.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I read reviews before watching a movie in theaters, unless it's made by someone I know. I don't see how I could trust a trailer, because they always show the best parts in the trailers. And I don't sample food at the stores.

I didn't get the part where I was criticizing anyone or shitting on anyone? I never said anything about Halmoni or her group. Where the hell does that come from? Don't twist my words.

I just said that I don't like this business model. I'm not out here to pay money to any and all artists who write yuri, even if they work hard.

There are plenty of other ways to reward the authors. Some people have been doing webcomics for decades for free and they still get decent money from it. I recently donated $25 to Gunnerkrieg Court because I love it and I hope he continues as he tries to make a living out of it.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't feel entitled to anything. If I don't get to read what comes next in WDTFS, well, I don't care much. It's not like it's the end of the world as we know it.

Usually, when I buy a manga, it's because some people have read it before me, reviewed it and I felt it would suit my tastes.

I just don't like the business model of baiting people into buying something without knowing what it is beforehand. I earn my money and I like to know the worth of what I'm spending it on.

So you hate free previews of things. They've been common practice for a long-ass time here in the west, you know. I imagine you must have hated the Playable Trailer for Silent Hills being even existing more than the game itself getting cancelled.

I don't play previews. I buy games after they come out officially, because I know they suit my tastes.

And a game isn't a comic. Suppose you were baited into buying School Days (random example). Wouldn't you feel dejected when you reach the end?

I don't "rage" because of the free preview. If it's free, I take it. But in this case, I didn't find WDTFS worth spending money, when Stretch, for example, is totally free and much more enjoyable.

Anyway, call me stingy, but I decidedly hate wasting my money on something not worth keeping. I litterally have thousands of manga at home and there's very few I regret buying.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

No rape here. It's all consensual.

See http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6074-what-does-the-fox-say?page=2 post of bingojay for spoilers.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 1:14PM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

KYRA EDIT

Wai can't I see the gay comiks

For people who are having trouble accessing the overlays, there are two things you need to check.

1. Check if we've actually translated the chapter.

• You can easily tell because translated chapters will have chapter titles in English, like so

2. Check that you're viewing the HD version of the raws. This only applies to chapter 1 because there are two versions the 720px wide free version and 1024px wide paid version

The HD box will be red like so.

Note that if you hover your mouse over the button when it's greyed out, it'll turn red but it doesn't mean you've paid. However, if you've actually paid for it, it'll always be red even if you don't hover your mouse over it

If you are using the bookmark method you'll see the translated chapter titles only once you click the bookmarklet. However, if you have the addon installed, you will see the translated chapter titles right away.

Stuff this user said: Needs Reads from left-to-right

last edited at Jul 4, 2015 6:54AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Need to be updated here? There're more chapters out there.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 11:44AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Latest chapter, she seems to want to destroy Wakana Hall, for the sake of saving Ran? I think she still loves Ran, but gave up on ever being with her (though it may still be..). I'd hate an open ending though.

I dunno...I'm imagining something darker like black mailing a masochist, with some interesting results....but then she was tying up her sempai also so yeah, shrug either way its interesting

It would be more interesting if the smut didn't take that much room. It's like the author needed page fillers so he throws S&M sex in instead of character development.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This hits right in the feels. I don't think there's going to be a happy ending. It's more like "Hana will learn how to deal with the loss".

No way there's going to be a miracle, like "she resurrects and they live happily ever after".

It's more like they'll reunite in the afterlife.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 11:32AM

Nya-chan
After Hours discussion 21 Jun 10:55
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Anyway, so far it looks promising. I don't like how fast they ended up in the bed though. I'm not big fan of "we just met and kinda hit it off so let's have sex" attitude. I wish there was little more character and relationship development before that, but I can overlook that.

This kind of things happens often in real life but i understand what you feel.

I was thinking the same thing. Single adults going clubbing are prepared, or expect, for that kind of thing to happen (an eventual one-night stand). That she'd hit it off with a woman makes it more interesting.

At least, we were spared the "she has such long eyelashes, she smells nice, kyun~ (what the hell was that?), bu-bu-but we are both girls, etc." antics. Emi just went with the flow and it's not like she hated it.

And it doesn't mean the characters and relationships won't be detailed more later.

It's like the story where the sempai confesses right at the start. It makes things more interesting to watch.

Nya-chan
After Hours discussion 21 Jun 06:19
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think it's going to be a journey for Emi to discover night life... or what happens "after hours".