Forum › Posts by fauce

joined Aug 21, 2017

Very sweet.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

Sure, body swap, why not?

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

The panel of her sister hanging actually surprised me.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

This somehow continues to be more interesting than dumb or boring, to me, at least.

fauce
Fly By discussion 24 May 03:05
joined Aug 21, 2017

The art style gosh

I agree, I especially like the meteors.

joined Aug 21, 2017

They have a fun dynamic.

joined Aug 21, 2017

The author really just didn't fill in an entire speech bubble in order to construct a cliffhanger before the actual end of the chapter, huh?

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

"Step-siblings can get married."

... what?

It's not really unique to Japan either, you can do that here in Germany too. Or in the USA for that matter, seems p common overall.

I guess step-siblings don't have to worry too much about biological incest, so its legality is less of a concern.

joined Aug 21, 2017

"Gropius" lmao

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

Eating this up like groceries. Good eats.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Seeing normal people brush up against the Miyako-Hinata-Matsumoto craziness was funny.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

I like the more realistic faces at the end.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Luoluo: "I know you're here, Dracula Song Li, you big fucking nerd. Where's my goddamn money?"

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

So assuming these stories are true, I find it kind of funny to see the tags breaking down real life stories into tropes.

joined Aug 21, 2017

The art and dialogue are good. I like it.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

The Truck/Car-kun bait got me good.

joined Aug 21, 2017

The info dump was a little rough and I agree with others that the missing noses look weird, but I like the fact that all the characters are 20+ years old and the setup seems interesting enough. I think this looks promising.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Bruh what the fuck is this lmao

joined Aug 21, 2017

And now they need to add a wingman guy?

God knows they need one lol

I hope an SSR wingman will be enough...

joined Aug 21, 2017

Oh man we're getting closer to that mental breakdown from adachi

This comment is frightening

Comments with a menacing aura. It's definitely a significant point in the novel. I'm curious how they'll draw the absolute wall of text Adachi spews at Shimamura

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

As was the case with Another or something like Final Destination even, the more the over the top deaths pile on the harder it is to actually care, the story sliding steadily from horror to comedy. It is decidedly a me-problem, I recognize that, but all the death and dramatics just start being funny to me over time. The ultimate conclusions of these stories tend not to be very satisfying either, but we shall see.

This is not a criticism of the format necessarily, just something I have noticed about myself I suppose. Hmm, maybe I was Tokiko all along...?

I don't think it's just you and I don't think it's even a problem. The metamorphosis from horror to humor is part of the enjoyment with works like this. If the author leans into the over-the-topness, even better.

No no, it's better when they take it completely seriously. The earnestness is what makes it funny.

Earnest over-the-topness is chef's kiss

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

As was the case with Another or something like Final Destination even, the more the over the top deaths pile on the harder it is to actually care, the story sliding steadily from horror to comedy. It is decidedly a me-problem, I recognize that, but all the death and dramatics just start being funny to me over time. The ultimate conclusions of these stories tend not to be very satisfying either, but we shall see.

This is not a criticism of the format necessarily, just something I have noticed about myself I suppose. Hmm, maybe I was Tokiko all along...?

I don't think it's just you and I don't think it's even a problem. The metamorphosis from horror to humor is part of the enjoyment with works like this. If the author leans into the over-the-topness, even better.

fauce
Umbrellas discussion 14 May 03:36
joined Aug 21, 2017

Ah... of course.

I was initially surprised at their willingness to get dinner, but thinking it through, sure, why not go out for dinner? It'd probably be interesting.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017
Therumano-1522401927924961280-img1

^ They'd eat the peel too? I can (kind of) imagine eating the inside of a lemon slice but not eating the peel on top of that.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

This manga is crazy, I'm really enjoying it so far.