Forum › Posts by ComfyCafe

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

God I fucking hope Aimi ends up with Aoi.

Sounds a bit like... Sisterism, was it? Can't quite remember the name.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Man, Lickitung sure doesn't look anything like it used to.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

All hell will break loose when that guy learns of the Robo-Maid

This whole thing is just an elaborate build up to a Terminator in a maid uniform going on a rampage.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Oh boy, dis gonna be gud.
Delinquents are pretty much always a recipe for success in my books.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Everyone around me seems to getting sick nowadays. This right here, this, is the perfect remedy.
Well, this and plenty of rest and fluids. But mostly this. Takano Saku is a god.

Increased attractiveness and a psychic magnet for people the subject knows to take care of them are side-effects of the mythically deadly Japanese Cold, which has been thought to be associated with the Japanese Truck.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I swear to god I've read a translation of this before.

Still pretty good, though.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I really do love how all the scientists act like dads.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I want that t-shirt.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Lol even their mom is a pervert.

I think that was just a delusion.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/l_size_little_sister_ch04#22
Earlier chapters suggest otherwise, though.

ComfyCafe
Earth Girls discussion 21 Aug 18:45
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Still as nice and fluffy as ever. It's fun to see how much Mira's art has improved.
I think I liked the clothing designs in the original more, though.

ComfyCafe
Scape-God discussion 21 Aug 07:41
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I feel like there's a message I'm supposed to be seeing here, but alas. Something about messianic figures and the nature of mankind is what I'll go with. It feels like there was supposed to be a few more chapters between the ones we got. Spy girl downright disappeared.

I suppose I'll just be happy with the last-minute return to the eternal battle for humanity's survival. I can always appreciate that sort of stuff. I liked the whole 'quixotic struggle against the suffering of existence' theme of the story a whole lot more than the other stuff.

All in all, I've seen worse endings.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

It lives, yet again! Hurrah! Still as good as ever.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Ah, good to see this is still alive. 17 might be my favorite chapter yet.

ComfyCafe
Dark Widow discussion 23 Jul 03:14
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

This is excellent.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Seija has gone nuclear.
I'm on the edge of my seat.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I met Yuzumori the Purple on a Dating site and in addition to being 10 years old, she's my sister.

From my favorite artist, Eri Au Lait

(Mind explaining 'the purple'?)

A Qualia The Purple reference, I believe.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Now that I think about it, the title suits the whole yuri subtext thing perfectly.

It really does describe my thoughts while reading this kind of thing.
Someday, the plot will actually develop, right?

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

The life of a Japari Park Uber driver is a solitary one

When Attenborough narrates your yuri.

I didn't even know how much I wanted that until now.

ComfyCafe
Yuri Family discussion 28 Jun 13:57
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

We have three possibilities:
1) One of the sister is the culprit.
2) Mother is the culprit.
3) Hana is just making this as an excuse to kiss her sisters (Tho this begs the question if she already knew that her sisters would compete to kiss her).

You're not thinking five-dimensionally, and as a result you missed some possibilities:
4) Hana covertly kissed one of her sisters and and is accusing her sisters to draw attention away from her own act.
5) Hana passionately kissed herself and is attempting to pin the crime on her family members.
6) An unknown sixth person kissed Hana and she merely assumed it was one of her sisters.
7) Hana was kissed by an unknown sixth person and is leveraging the opportunity to manipulate her sisters into competing to kiss her.
8) The mother is blackmailing Hana and is just making this up as an excuse for Hana to kiss her sisters.
9) Hana is blackmailing her mother to make up a story so that she would have the opportunity to kiss her sisters.
10) Hana and her mother mutually agreed to make up a story that would serve as an excuse for Hana to kiss her sisters.
11) Hana kissed the mother, and the mother, being the wise matriarch that she is, compromised with Hana and made up the story to steer Hana romantically away from her, towards her sisters.

You're forgetting the possibility of a Murder on the Orient Express situation- they're actually all culprits, and every one of them kissed her.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Re-reading this again from the very start. I just noticed now that on Chapter 1, Rin's track suit under the cloak was already ever so obvious. lol

Edit: I also noticed Rin had bullet holes on his body and some scars. With the extra out, I guess he might have been at the verge of dying before he turned into a vampire.

100 years (ish) and European puts him smack in the middle of World War 1, doesn't it?

That it would, and on the Eastern Front too gauging by his love of tracksuits.

ComfyCafe
Nutmeg discussion 09 Jun 02:35
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

You could write a 2 school girls school setting romance, that was far more original than a manga with say, a female jockey x woman deep sea diver who are on the run from Belgian secret police for stealing the worlds greatest chocolate recipe.

Would the fact that nothing close to that exists make it good? or the characters interesting with good dialogue? Nope.

Originality is not the same as quality, but I get your point.
I'd totally read 'Horse Rider and Diver Lady Vs. The Belgian Chocolate Conspiracy' though. Sounds like a recipe for success to me.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Still as calm and heartwarming as ever.
It's nice to see this again- feels a bit like running into an old friend.

ComfyCafe
Drift discussion 03 Jun 01:44
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

The action's a bit clunky, but otherwise it's pretty alright.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/drift#23 looks like someone threw the gun at the guy from behind? I've got no clue how he's holding the gun while pistol-whipping. Is he pointing it towards himself?

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Seems like Sayuri is kind of losing it now.

I feel her sanity is slowly leaching out and infusing into sempai. Contrariwise, some of sempai's madness is leaching into Sayuri. Soon they will be in equilibrium, like the Yin and the Yang in the ...

But that's a different religion.

This seems like what happens in El Quijote, I don't know if people who don't know spanish know so much about that book to know that fact, but it's one of the key points.

It's called Don Quixote over here, but it's definitely a famous book. It's read in highschool and college literature classes quite often. Most people have at least seen an adaptation, I'd like to think.

ComfyCafe
Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Oh man, there's no way this can end well.
But I still hope it will.