Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Yuki Kitsune
Collectors discussion 29 Oct 17:51
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

NISHI UKO'S COLLECTORS IS BACK?! I've missed it immensely oh my gosh. I need to know if there is a continuation or if the series has already ended.

Patience shall be rewarded. Based on the table of contents, there's at least 10 chapters still in the pipeline.

I really need to buy this series. The only downside of having moved is that there's no Kinokuniya near me anymore.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

What just happened? I feel like I just took the up-town express when I meant to grab the cross-town local. Not confused, but it sure left my head spinning.

Yuki Kitsune
Gaze discussion 14 Oct 20:17
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Yay, more Ootomo Megane!

This couple looks so much like Motoko & Keiko that is feels like I'm reading a prequel.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

While I am truly heartened by the arrival of the Yuri tag (and content to justify it), part of me can't help but be disappointed every time I come here thinking it's a new chapter of Under One Roof. Why can't I keep them straight? Err... gay. I mean... Augh, you know what I mean.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

...even with an obligatory swimsuit chapter like this...

It may have been a swimsuit chapter, but what I like is that it wasn't focused on T&A like so many others. The focus stayed firmly on cuteness rather than sexiness. Totally agree on the relationship progress.

Yuki Kitsune
Henai Girl discussion 12 Oct 16:18
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

This series actual title is "Zenryoku Hen'ai Girl".

Hen'ai? So, like "Strangelove"?

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

How has this not been scanlated yet? The anime seems like it was a hit.

Are you referring this this?
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kobayashi_san_chi_no_maid_dragon

It looks like the anthology is a collection from various authors.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I've been marathoning Monty Python's Flying Circus. Suddenly this comic makes sense to me. Only thing missing is a knight with a rubber chicken.

Yuki Kitsune
Wicked Girl discussion 09 Oct 17:43
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I did enjoy it, but there is also so much wrong with it. I wonder how I would feel if it wasn't Student x Teacher? For example, if they were just working adults living as roommates? I also think about sensei using a matching service; it sounds like she's never had the experience of nurturing a relationship before. At least she recognizes the fault is hers and she may yet mature into a relationship of equals. Her promise to stay gives us that much.

Somehow, though, I could see any continuation taking a darker turn, like Worst Goddess in the World.

Yuki Kitsune
Water Depth discussion 08 Oct 11:57
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Different. Not broken. Like Kei's first attempt at rolled omelet.

I think Kei recognizes that Fuyo needs some looking after. As a kid, that seems overwhelming ("Sinking down, getting sucked in."), but as an adult, it's more like knee-deep.

Not even sure how I'd categorize this story, but I want to see more like it.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

For anyone out of the loop about the seed counting. It's a very very old tale that vampires would count seeds if they stumbled upon them, for instance the Chinese jiangshi would count rice so leaving a sack of rice would give you time to get away.

It basically fell out of common knowledge when the modern vampire lore was being made up.

Just like the Count in Sesame Street. ;)

1,231 is an awful lot of maniacal laughter and lightning.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'm confused. Which one of them has the fan club? Rikka or Ponymatsu?

Yuki Kitsune
Enough discussion 13 Sep 19:28
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Especially after reading the post from Thiaguinho-sama, I'm reminded of a scene from Video Girl Ai, when Moemi confides that she wishes she had fallen in love with Yota (the MC). The point being, I really can't view this as a het v. yuri thing. It's just that, sometimes the heart goes where it will.

A wistful story that leaves me feeling a little sad, but I'm glad to have read it.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Still a better love story than Citrus.

Oh, come on. That bar's so low it's a tripping hazard.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I can't say I have ever seen a doujin of any kind where characters have sex in a snowhut/igloo. I can't say I'm not ok with this. Although, cold does a really good job of numbing your nerves, and would probably make it hard to get off if one stayed exposed for more than a few minutes.

That's what the kotatsu is for! Also body warmth. The entire point of a snow hut is it insulates you from the outside air and keeps the people inside nice and toasty.

Yes but with the kotatsu and everything wouldn't the snow/ice start smelting way too fast? I'm not an igloo/icehut expert but I mean, it didn't look that strong of a build. They didn't use separate blocks as it is usually done, which makes it weaker from the start, and tbh it was tiny as f.ck. it's like they minimized when they entered the hut. But as is fiction so i'm gonna stop applying logic haha

Jimiko pulled out a random door that just happened to perfectly fit the opening Tae had created. If you're still looking for logic beyond that point, good luck to you.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

meh... every chapter lives up to its title. Yeah author we can see it's unrequited alright, please stawp with the aaaaaangst. Tbh I look forward to the extra chapter more than the main story now ha ha ha sigh

And it's not just one unrequited love. It's more like every pairing is unrequited:
* Uta > Kaoru
* Kaoru > Reiichi
* Miyabi > Kuro
* Mother > Children
Even off page, we know the mother's marriages haven't exactly worked out. Is there a single happy, healthy couple in this series? I think that's a large part of makes it so onerous to consume, even if it's good in small bites.

last edited at Aug 27, 2018 10:26AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

This series is suffering from Abandonment issues. T_T

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

OMG, it's a 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother reference! Has anyone under 40 even heard of that series?

last edited at Aug 22, 2018 11:24PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I keep coming back to that cover image, where Satsuki looks like she about to dig her claws into Chitose's neck.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I like this setup very much.
As for the dialect translation is she supposed to be from a rural area of Kansai or something?
I mean I get that they have a strong accent but still I wouldn’t translate a manga like this.

Why rural? The accent keeps making me think she's an engineer. (And no, that is not a Star Trek reference.)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The boobs kinda bother me.

The character design is good, but the boobs are just "hentai boobs": oversized and too round. It feels out of place to me, if only because the story is kinda sweet.

But to each his own.

Thank god I wasn't the only one thinking that xD

All the more so because their "melons" appear to occupy a distortion in space, where they shrink precipitously when clothed (or expand when unclothed, take your pick). It's like the author selected body doubles for the H scenes.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015
  1. Most unrealistic thing about this manga: dicks landing outside the urinal guillotines. How can the dick and the person end up on the same side of the chopper? The absurdity of everything else I can take.
  2. Most uncomfortable moment: dicks (balls) in the drier getting tumbled around. Wince. Cringe.

I'm really uncomfortable with the sight of dicks, generally, but I found this oddly entertaining as well as thought-provoking. There is a lot going on here that's deeper than the page, from objectification to the overemphasis of sex (and, I assume, procreation) in a relationship.

Edit: Also, the comments are golden. "Banana." Lol.

last edited at Aug 5, 2018 7:03PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

While I root for the yuri ending, this one struck me as too much of a "false dilemma." Cute, but not very satisfying.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

So confused... Which one's the "sub" in this relationship? Or is it because they do it underwater and off panel (so we only see the text)?

Was it the author who referred to it as "Girls-ship" at the end of volume 1, or a translation option? Seems a pretty appropriate description at this point.

last edited at Aug 4, 2018 10:22AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Holy cow! How have I not started reading this before now?!?

Also, when did they start writing subtext in 28pt font?

Edit: ... as I see has already been remarked upon a time or two.

last edited at Jul 31, 2018 6:09PM