Forum › Posts by mei is waifu

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 23 Feb 03:42
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

The time skip was stupid though, but for that SU is to blame not Mei.

As I mentioned in another post, I think the use of the time skip was pretty smart (even if it's an easy narrative tool). The betrayal the audience felt with it is akin to the betrayal Yuzu might have felt when she read the letter (which was an easy break-up tool). It's a bit meta, but it makes the intent of the author even more powerful and bring the audience closer to Yuzu's suffering.

I agree with what you've said. The reason I said it was stupid 'cause I wanted to see what happened in those 6/7 months. How Yuzu reacted when she first read that letter, why isn't she doing anything and just crying and pretending to be fine etc.. I felt like we were missing something and somehow, it felt incomplete. So i was a little disappointed. But I have to say, this was a good chapter. Does justice to the aaaaaangst and drama tags.

I am glad some people are able to see what a douche bag Shou is. It won't be an exaggeration to say he single-handedly destroyed both Mei's childhood and her smile.

And, Mei DIDN'T PLAY with Yuzu's heart. Period.

last edited at Feb 23, 2018 3:55AM

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 22 Feb 12:16
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Sometimes being a smart capable woman doesn't mean she is long-sighted too. Maybe she didn't know about everything. Not like grandpa would tell her everything he is planning right?

And I never said Mei Aihara is a flawless person. She is a selfish and a childish person with communication issues. But saying she ''played'' with Yuzu's heart, and framing her as some kind of dirty bitch that takes advantage of others is a bit of a stretch. She loved Yuzu too, y'know? That's all I am trying to say. I am not trying to prove or claim something.

Well whatever. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I respect your opinion so please bear with mine. Thank you and good night (in my time zone).

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 22 Feb 11:31
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Mei just reciprocated Yuzu's feelings. She never actively participated in any ''relationship stuff''. Look at their 1st date. She is so clueless that she needs help from a frigging notebook. Yes, Mei should have told Yuzu about the marriage thing at some point. But as I said before, maybe she didn't know that she would be having 2nd engagement talks so quickly after all the drama regarding the 1st one. She knew she had to get married eventually, but she didn't know that this was gonna happen so soon. She was kind of living in the present, not thinking about the future, like Yuzu. She isn't that oblivious like Yuzu (chap 22), but she ain't that prudent either.

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 22 Feb 10:32
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

@Yuri Queen Mei went on the offensive? Where? The only time Mei's acting ''offensive'' is in her interactions with Matsuri. She never directly confronts Yuzu in any way, except the shoujo hug in ep 7/chap 9 and chap 12. Heck, she even goes on a compensation date with a old fart after Matsuri blackmails her, even though she could have told Yuzu the truth. After Yuzu rejects her in chap 13, she never approaches Yuzu by herself again. It is Yuzu who chases her in chap 16. So tell me, what was ''offensive'' here?

^ Except I did mention it.

last edited at Feb 22, 2018 10:34AM

mei is waifu
Image Comments 22 Feb 10:13
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017
Dkw5czz

TT

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 22 Feb 10:06
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

@themusicman500 Exactly. Mei knew she has to get married someday and this relationship won't turn out well. So she tried to overcome her and back away from accepting Yuzu's feelings. But she couldn't help falling in love with her. I mean, who could.

@Silfay Yes, I do sympathize with Mei, but I'm not saying everything she has ever done to ruin their relationship is justified or excusable. I'm just with her on her latest decision. I didn't like it when she sexually harassed Yuzu, even if it was a plot point & she had reasons for it. I didn't like when she was constantly putting off Yuzu when she wanted to be just ''sisters''. I didn't like it when she didn't tell Yuzu about the impending marriage thing. Maybe she didn't even know it herself until they came back from the trip (chap 34, grandpa's call) idk, but still. But she made a right decision (at this situation) by choosing to go on with the marriage. I'm just saying people should not hate her based on this decision. The time skip was stupid though, but for that SU is to blame not Mei.

In the end, Mei is just a human who is prone to mistakes. Even if she acts like a very mature Ojou-sama, we know how innocent and childish she is (just remember Matsuri arc, chap 22 or vol 7,8). She is just a teenager, you can't blame her for not taking decisions like an adult.

Also, Mei didn't play with Yuzu's heart, she wasn't the one who made Yuzu fall for her. It was Yuzu who just fell in love with her after a forced kiss (I'm not justifying it, I didn't like this development anyway). Its not like Mei just went on and thought ''Dis bish bimbo af, Imma jus play wid her heart and break it wen I'm bored of her lol.''

@Yuri Queen Mei went on the offensive? Where? The only time Mei's acting ''offensive'' is in her interactions with Matsuri. She never directly confronts Yuzu in any way, except the shoujo hug in ep 7/chap 9 and chap 12. Heck, she even goes on a compensation date with a old fart after Matsuri blackmails her, even though she could have told Yuzu the truth. After Yuzu rejects her in chap 13, she never approaches Yuzu by herself again. It is Yuzu who chases her in chap 16. So tell me, what was ''offensive'' here?

last edited at Feb 22, 2018 11:35AM

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 22 Feb 02:12
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

At this point, it feels like Mei has become the Justin Bieber/Taylor Swift of Yuri manga/anime world; its just so much fun to hate on her. Everybody just jumps on the bandwagon of hate without even considering the damaged nature of her character or the fact that she is suffering so much. Why so hate? Because she didn't turn out like her f**ktard father and is actually a responsible human being?

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 21 Feb 11:01
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

A concept that appears in manga a fair amount is the idea of belonging to a "samurai family", which confers a certain status even if they're not financially successful. There's a pride in the family association, and in a lot of stories the character will try to live up to whatever standard they associate with that lineage.

You put what I wanted to say in proper words thank you Nezchan

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 21 Feb 02:59
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

@Yuri_lvl100 I might have made a mistake, it should be traditional Asian families instead of just Asian families. And I know what happens in those families, 'cause I grew up in one.

@Uranus Absolutely. For the children of upper-class families, arranged marriages are a part of their lives.

@Tenoh Yeah, omiai type of customs are prevalent in other parts of Asia too. Some are even worse then omiai.

Note: When you say upper class, it can have a different meaning than mine. Like when I say upper-class, it doesn't necessarily mean that they have loads of cash or live in a big-ass mansion. Like it could, but that's not necessary. I could also mean that they are of higher status or caste.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

WHAT??? Nooooooo... TT

RIP Ssamba.

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 20 Feb 11:38
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

@mei is waifu

Now that I can think clearly. I actually think Mei lied to Yuzu when she said that she decided it for herself because she doesn't want Yuzu to go after her. as she said in the letter if she sees Yuzu again, she won't managr to go through it. she felt pressured into marrying her fiance and inherit the academy because of her grandfather's ailing health and because she's the only sole heiress.

I think so too. Like I said she is under pressure. Not like she is happy to leave Yuzu.

Regardless, I still want Mei to chase after Yuzu this time.

ME TOO! That would be great but considering how sheltered and self-loathing Mei is, will she be able to gather the courage to do so?

And I don't know much about japanese family tradition but you can't say that anyone in here hasn't experience to choose between someone or something they love over their family responsibility especially the lgbt community.

I know what you're trying to say. Yes, the lgbt community has to face a lot of shit from their family regarding their sexuality. That's the same almost everywhere. But I said they don't have to face THAT amount of pressure like an Asian person. Most of us grow up fulfilling our family's expectations like doing good at school and having proper manners, following the rules of society etc. And then after you grow up and have a decent career (which is sometimes chosen by our families) and some cash, we are expected to get married to the one our family chooses (in most countries, even in 21st Century sigh). Homosexuality? What is that shit? You can even say that you like someone of your own gender. That's like Social Suicide. You are a disgrace to the society. If you know what I mean...

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

^ THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I do remember this chick but I'm so bad with names lol :D

Btw what is her connection with Da-woon?

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 20 Feb 09:44
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Let's not forget that Shou leaving the school is arguably what triggered this whole process, throwing Mei under the bus in the first place. Mei is positioned to understand the burdens of responsibility, moreso because she was fucked over by her dad ignoring his, and likely saw how her gramps was affected by Shou leaving too. Maybe this is an East/West perspective thing, but I have a lot of sympathy for Mei's almost tragic dedication to duty and filial piety. It's easy to say Mei should just choose love and fuck all, but from an Asian perspective that's fucking irresponsible and careless (i.e Shou), and lbr she quite literally hasn't reached that at this point in the story anyway, and its pretty understandable why.

+1

Yes, its definitely an East/West perspective thing. I feel like most of the people who are angry and triggered regarding this chapter are from West. Listen fellas: This manga is published in Japan. The author is Japanese, the characters are all Japanese. Ofc SU would think of the Japanese readers first, won't she? 'Cause from an Asian/Japanese perspective, Mei made an absolutely correct decision by obeying her elders/ fulfilling her responsibilities. Had she chosen love over family duties, she would be, as Skyblaze77 said, a f***ing irresponsible person like that bastard she calls her father.

Yes, what happened is tragic, its something that should not have happened, but Mei was just being the child of a traditional Japanese/Asian family; i.e. living under the pressure of a mountain load of traditions, duties and responsibilities. I doubt most of you bashing this chapter have ever experienced it (to that extent, that is), and most likely, you never will.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I believe someone in this thread has discussed it already but I missed it... Who is Sang-mi? I have re-read the manhwa thrice but can't seem to find her....can somebody tell which chapter she appears in?

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 13:17
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

chapter 35 ends with the last day of summer break before the second semester of 2nd year. Mei's BD is in September, she would have had 17 years.
chapter 36, we see the sakura petal and 3A for Yuzu's classroom. We are in April, some days/one week/2 weeks after the beginning of the new year of school.
So 7/8 months probably, sure : 6-8.

That makes sense, thank you.

For the reactions, just look at twitter with #citrus and citrus 芽衣, you'll have plenty of reaction. They are very lucid, rationalize the situation but also there's many sadness. They are happy to have heard Mei's feelings and are looking forward the happy ending, they are mostlyYuri Hime buyers, so they know the way it works with mangas published here.

Thanks!

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 12:49
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I have a question. OK, two questions.

First, this chapter had a time skip; obviously Yuzu & Co. are in their 3rd year now. I read it somewhere else that it was a 7 month time skip, it doesn't really add up. How much time has passed since the events of chapter 35? Can somebody clear my confusion?

Second, some people in this thread said that Japanese fans reacted differently to this chapter, like they reacted positively or something. Where did you find this news? Do you have any link? I'm curious.

mei is waifu
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 01:08
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I totally understand Mei's PoV cause I am from Asia myself, where family traditions are everything(in most countries). But still WTF dude. This ruined my day.

I swear if the next chapter shows Mei married for years with a kid and they Yuzu still pines for her or something, I'm gonna break something. I just want them to end up together, WITHOUT this marriage bullshit, is that too much to ask?

mei is waifu
Anime season 07 Feb 02:05
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

mei is waifu posted:

I loved one of the side couples more than the main

Which one are you talking about?

Hikari and Amane !!

110% better than Shizuma and Nagisa. I also like Kaname and Momomi, even if they were the ''Villains'' :P

Also these girls https://static.zerochan.net/Strawberry.Panic%21.full.412331.jpg in the background that I don't remember their name were really cute.

As far as I remember, these girls weren't a couple. Its been a long time since I saw the anime so I might be wrong.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

^ Exactly. I didn't find it as funny as other Mochi works, but that's fine. The only thing that pisses me off is its not even Yuri! I hope it gets a 2nd chapter and some chara development.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Yeah, I usually don't keep honorifics. The only one I keep is "-senpai", because it's a cultural/technical term that is significant but not really translatable. But if this was a professional translation I'm not sure I would keep it either.

…Also, I didn't think Mei fans existed. >.>

They do dear...you just have to use an electron microscope to find them xD

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Pretty irrelevant, but I was re-reading the manga and noticed Yurine and Ayaka stopped using honorifics after a few chapters. Just out of curiosity, can someone who has read the the raws tell me if they do the same there?

It's by different scanlators. First 3 chapters was translated by Kawaii-scan and they took care of the honorifics. The rest by MiamMiam.

Oh, I see. Thanks btw.

mei is waifu
Anime season 06 Feb 11:26
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I loved one of the side couples more than the main

Which one are you talking about?

Side couples is the reason why I consider giving it another chance eventually. I just really hated the main couple.

Same tbh. Like I only gave a chance to Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! 'cause it had a yuri couple. Otherwise its just garbage in the name of anime.

mei is waifu
Image Comments 05 Feb 06:23
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017
Dr4s9v0umaalpca-orig

Me:- Ooooo NASTYY

Also me:- Remembers chapter 35 and cries in a corner

mei is waifu
Image Comments 05 Feb 06:15
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017
Dr9si97uiautiix-orig

Mei-tan looks like Hotaru and Matsuri looks like Yuma from NTR.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Pretty irrelevant, but I was re-reading the manga and noticed Yurine and Ayaka stopped using honorifics after a few chapters. Just out of curiosity, can someone who has read the the raws tell me if they do the same there?