Forum › Posts by elevown

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is there another anime with yuri in it besides this and sakura trick on atm? I dont know of one- by kill something do you mean kill la kill? I only watched first ep - the art style didnt realy appeal much- but i'd not heard it had any yuri.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This anime has just started- don't know much about it- anyone read the manga?

I was reading the wiki to see if i should watch and read this about 2 of the characters characters- (Neither are the main character- she is in love with some boy).

Akemi Sumizome

Inari's classmate, described as being extremely pretty. Originally outcast due to her looks, Akemi has developed a close friendly bond with Inari. She has feelings for Keiko, but chooses to cover it since she thinks people will see her weirdly as love between girl and girl is strange. After some encouragement from her friends, she eventually decides to accept her own feelings.

and-

Keiko Sanjō

One of Inari's best friends and a very boyish girl. It is unknown for whom she has feelings, but it is certain that she cares for Inari tremendously and feels protective of her friends. She has known Inari since elementary school and had been unaware of Akemi's feelings for her. She only recently learned of these after eavesdropping on Akemi turning down another boy and has since become conflicted on how to respond.

Sounds promising So will give it a try.

last edited at Jan 22, 2014 9:23PM

elevown
Kase-san discussion 17 Jan 20:02
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I always unconsciously click on the author name to read more of her older works and get disappointed that there is only Kase-san. (Not sure how many times I've done this. I just can't get enough of dat drawing style and cute expressions.)

While I agree- (this is one of my favourite running manga) and I love the style, you can tell in some ways the artist dosnt have a ton of experience.

While faces and close ups/ upper bodies etc are all great, sometimes with whole body shots they get the relative sizes and proportions of characters and limbs noticably wrong.

Not that it makes me enjoy it less though :)

elevown
Game discussion 15 Jan 22:54
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont get a yandere vibe or setting up, obsessive vibe much either- just a bit obssesive which is fine. Yandere is one of a few tags i wont touch so i hope it wont go to such a dumb and pointless place.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Really nice and all but... you know... shouldn't she... uh... call the cops before they arrest her for kidnapping? I mean it is sweet and cute and makes me happy but that is kind of bothering me... Anyways it is a good read!

She said she was too calm to be lost and i agree - in the rain like that in night clothes- its more like she was abandoned or something- we often see in manga were parents just sod off and leave kids.

Ofcourse in RL she should call the cops like she says, but if she can persuade her parents to let her stay, and nobody is looking for her - in anime thats good enough :)

Or just apply to adopt? Especialy since at the end she starts talking and can tell them what she wants.

last edited at Jan 15, 2014 9:57PM

elevown
Kase-san discussion 15 Jan 21:33
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow whenever Yamada has a doubt about Kase-san I always start doubting her too. But Kase proves me wrong every single time. Also kyaaa that kiss xD

In this case I dont think its fair of us to 'doubt' Kase-san realy- i mean while i can understand why Yamada would be jelous / upset if it WAS true, its not a crime or in any way bad to have had a previous girlfriend.

Im also though of the opinion others have stated that she probably hasnt had one- and its just rumours. I think it would be quite well known and said WHO her girlfriend was if she'd had one.

But even if she HAS, I wouldnt like her less. Yamada should just ask her about it if it bothers her that much :)

Either way I love this manga!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I saw this years ago but never bought it since i knew it wasnt finished.. Let me toddle off and see if i can order vol 1 & 2 for a reasonable price in the uk before I read this :)

elevown
Game discussion 15 Jan 07:15
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Promising start :) I wonder whats in that box? Its kinda piza box dimentions..
Mmm.. Nekomimi?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

YOU IDIOT!!!! YOU COWARD!!!! You kept talking and thinking it over, but finally you didn't do anything... [hablas mucho pero al final no haces nada, imbesil! T-T]

If you are refering to her not kissing the president- it makes me wonder if you have taken anything in at all- and most people are happy she DIDNT- its major significant progress towards a relationship - if she'd kissed her nothing would have changed from chapter 1.

please see various peoples previous posts on the issue.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I can't believe how utterly disappointing the latest works from Morinaga Milk are.

This is hardly new - its been going like 4-5 years- since well before girl friends finished - and alot of us realy like it for what it is - a comedy manga / yuri .

Not everything she does can be an epic love story.

As for Mare- i didnt read any of it because its totaly not my kinda thing - but im sure the art etc is still great. It shows though that she isnt a one trick pony and can do horror etc- its not her fault its a genre i dont like.

I'll agree at least so far school police has been pretty mediocre.

last edited at Jan 12, 2014 6:20PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Re: Chapter 13

Good for you Wakatsuki, you finally did something right for a change. There's hope for you yet.

I agree- not that she consiously chose to do the right thing- its just become real for her instead of playing about- so she can no longer kiss the president when she thinks its one sided.

But as you say, its certainly the right thing to do to get the president moving in her direction :)

elevown
elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh, no, i'm crying...

You are not alone there. Very sad - for both miss sunflowers. We've seen very little of the origional but she seems such a nice person too.

elevown
Seasons discussion 03 Jan 14:53
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for the last 3 chapters of seasons dynasty :) they were great!

And extra thanks for releasing all 3 at once- i hate cliffhangers!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is this a spoiler?

Speaking as someone who knows nothing about the movie other than Homura ends up demonic, I know no more after reading this than I did before. So I'd say "not really".

Ive never seen it but read some doujins - I never heard that before- i think its just this manga - she became some kinda godess i believe?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

After the translated pages there are half a dozen tiny pages then the whole thing again no translated.

last edited at Jan 1, 2014 11:44PM

elevown
Seasons discussion 01 Jan 18:49
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'd admit I'm kinda glad I'm not living in Tokyo or a in some place you have to take crowded train to school. >:/ But that happens somewhere else too doesn't it. So sad.

I heard it was a bigger problem in the past- say 80's-90's, but they had big crack downs, campaigns etc so it was seen as a lot less acceptable, delt with more seriously and it now happens a lot less rarely- tho still more often than it should.

So I was under the impression its more of a well used cliche now than a common event in reality- but i might well be wrong there.

Anyways Since i love age_gap i thought this was a great chapter :) It didnt need to realy develop, it was sweet with a promis of things that might come.

That said Im hoping there is an 8.5 with a bit more!

Thanks Big D :)

last edited at Jan 1, 2014 6:50PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

SWEET. Isn't this about how to raise a Yuri all the way from her childhood.

Lol- it seems so. That was some advance planning.

One thing tho- wouldnt single egg twins have the same hair colour? If its meant to be dyed they should of had the same colour in the childhood pic.

elevown
Seasons discussion 31 Dec 22:10
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for the new chapters :) I think 7 - 7.5 are now my favourites in this series.

Jii XD- surely if japan cup sizes are one smaller - which ive read several times- then her G cup would be an F cup in america surely not a D?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Hmm- Comprehensive Tovarisch, Citrus, flag time, Kase-san, Sakrus trick (Bring on the anime! - Just dont DARE water down the yuri!)

Anything by - Yoshitomi Akihito, Morinaga, Suga Atsushi, Mikuni Hajime, Morishima Akiko, Hakka-ya - probably others im forgetting :)

And yes - certainly cirno and reimu's one two three-

I've been dying to know what happens next- I dont get why a mangaka would stop for like a whole year on such a cliff hanger- and presumably release other stuff - and leave fans hanging so badly. It should of been done for this winters comiket but wasnt- hopefuly the next one- when is that- like middle of summer?

I dont keep up with whats new coming in manga realy- I usualy first hear of a new yuri manga when it lands here :)

I usualy keep up a bit more on what anime are coming - but beyond sakura trick i dont know of any coming that will have much/any yuri.

edit. DAMN ME - I nearly forgot - MISS SUNFLOWER! lol I look forward to the next chapter more than anything else i think!

last edited at Dec 31, 2013 5:53AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont get why she says in english there would be 6 - while obviously a rainbow is a huge range of slightly different colours all blending into each other, if you asked an english person that question, they would count them off acording to the song everyone hears when a kid - 'red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue - i can sing a rainbow - ' etc etc - so that 7 colours.

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 10:22PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

CSX- My english was fine- maybe i used a few short cuts but it should of been obvious what i was refering to and in what manner each time- Im thinking whats lacking is your reading comprehension. Secondly whats the point bringing up the english in a post on the internet? You have no idea what nationality someone is- and it dosnt adress ANY of the points of a post.

So i mistakenly said backetball club- did that change the point I was making? You managed to spell both her name wrong and the word 'cue' as que - should that be discussed instead of what you were saying?

As for your point of hating the lots of confessions thing- you DIDNT explain it at all in the spoiler except to say you hated it and it was to force the plot along- without saying or showing how at all. A character who is meant to be super popular WOULD get lots of confessions and letters.

The point about the confessions not being serious- and saying they were not laughing at her- are you serious?? We have seen in LOADS of yuri manga where girls confess without being realy serious. Ofcourse we dont mean joking! They are serious in terms of wanting to express their 'like' / admiration / crush - but not at ALL in terms of wanting a girlfriend - if she said yes lets go out - i can guarantee 90% of them would run a mile. We see this issue of fan girls not being serious in terms of wanting a real girlfriend in tons of yuri manga.

The senpai states 'some' girls seemed to be serious- (though she wasnt sure if they were) and she didnt know how to deal with them - making it clear she knew most were NOT serious confessions of love.

also -

Kitty_kit - Fujiwara's only reason to except the fake dating thing wasnt to get an omg-friend!- though If we except the story at face value that she dosnt have any, it would be a big deal to her- but because she said it will give her an excuse to easily turn down all the confessions she gets- maybe stop them all together if everyone at school thinks she is already in a relationship? So she would get something from pretending too.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

In chapter one the problem was posed that Fugiwara is depressed/upset because she does not think she has any friends/people don't like her. But in this chapter we are told that she has girls confess to her all the time which I fucking hate, and this is an awful story element, forced story progression galore, plus we see the fan girl squad come up to her without a second thought. They are clearly not "distancing" themselves from her.

So, either Fugiwara is autistic and can't pick up glaring obvious social ques or the quality of the writing is going down.

Take your pick, but neither is good.

Firstly- whats to hate about that lots of girls confess to her? You mean you are jelous of a fictional characters popularity? Or do you mean there is something wrong with a girl being seen as some idol and confessed to? Because I dont see an issues here realy- except its not realy nice for Fugiwara to have false confessions that they arnt serious about.

Secondly she says she has no friends and you seem to think that she is missing social cues - what because of that group?? They are the basketball juniors- the only people who WILL aproach her- so that just leaves 95+% of the school that wont come near her.

And did they remotely look like they could become real friends? They are giddy 'oh what a wonderful prince squee' fangirls just like all the other girls, and only dare aproach her because they are in her club- You CANT be friends with people like that. Friends have to treat you equal and honestly and like you for who you are not stick you on a pedestal as something you arnt and gush and fawn over you.

And its clear she knows thats how she is being treated by them. You might say if she tried to hang out they could become real friends, but with juniors that hung up on her Im not sure you could.

Even tho she wanted this fake relationship because Fugiwara was like a prince too, we see plenty of times where Miu realy does treat her as an equal who could be a real friend- or more. Ofcourse it requires Miu to develop more - to grow up and get real etc and stop doing stuff for the wrong reasons and figure herself out but I think there is promise there.

So I dont agree with your points in the slightest.

p.s

As for length- well if its only quarterly it isnt gonna be too long- and you couldnt wrap it up well in just 2 or 3 more i think.. So id guess Morinaga will go for enough to make a tank out of it- so id guess like 8 chapters is normal tank length? Could try for 2 tanks worth i guess but that would be like 4 years!

last edited at Dec 29, 2013 5:24AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I realy like this one :) Im hoping the Yuri tag dosnt need to be taken away later - i.e it turns out to be some yuri trap like love lab which looks all flirty yuri goodness - then everyone gets boyfriends.

Even if it dosnt go all out yuri (becoming a couple / kissing etc) as long as its not het in disguise i'll be happy.

last edited at Dec 25, 2013 7:19AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

so any news on part 2?

Didnt part 2 used to be on here? I've got part 2 from somewhere- though I vaugely recall it being called an early version- like not checked or whatever- but seems about as well done as part 1 to me.

Anyways I like this one a lot :) Was there a part 3? It didnt realy seem to end fully.

last edited at Nov 5, 2014 11:22AM