Forum › Posts by Blastaar

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I am in love with this. It wasn’t clear why Sensei wasn’t closing the deal with Yuki, and why she seemed troubled about her writing. And now we know.

The lad seems like a nice boy. He should go away now.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Seriously, . . .a previously untranslated omake, a vaguely interesting authorial tweet, a pic of some region-specific alternate cover—just something.

Before someone here hurts themselves . . .

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This forum desperately needs a new chapter to come out.

Yuri Ichigo said one chapter roughly all 2 months, but i don't know if it's half chapter like with the 57 one or an entire chapter.

Oh, I’m fine waiting until whenever for whatever.

This forum may have descended into complete gibberish by then, however . . .

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This forum desperately needs a new chapter to come out.

Blastaar
Yuri Moyou discussion 15 Jul 09:55
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“But if I drank out of your drink, that would be an indirect ki-mumph!”

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Cruel, cruel world...

From the POV of Yuu and Touko it's now a hap-hap-happy world.

From Sayaka's, not so much . . .

Blastaar
Stretch discussion 14 Jul 10:08
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm with Pyoro.

It wasn't so much the lack of relationship consummation per se, but just a rather damp ending--and not in a good lesbian-moisture way.

Blastaar
Citrus + discussion 13 Jul 21:09
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Funny how most of Yuri end up with the sexy times but Citrus have done the opposite. Start with the possible sexy time and end with the normal romance.

Except when you do it that way “normal” stops being so normal.

I mean, sure, in real life people sometimes get together in a one-night stand, then decide to back up and get to know each other better by going on regular dates.

But Mei and Yuzu are like a time machine running backwards—they start out all over each other, and end up acting like a couple of shy third-graders.

Blastaar
Citrus + discussion 13 Jul 20:43
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

My personal theory is that Mei sexually assault Yuzu whenever she was in sentimental mess and just use Yuzu like something to discharge her emotions. Now she is have no real problems on that side, she don't feel like sexually assault Yuzu.

I suppose this is one of those statements that should be preceded by, “With all due respect,” but—that’s ridiculous.

Ever since chapter 8 of the original series, the physical intimacy (while there was any) between Mei and Yuzu was obviously based on mutual romantic attraction and sexual desire. Period.

That’s the whole point of the first volume—the transformation of Mei’s initial sexual aggressiveness from emotional dysfunction into a sincere mutual desire.

The bulk of the main series demonstrates that “sexual assault” and “monastic chastity” are not the only two possible options in a personal relationship.

Blastaar
Citrus + discussion 13 Jul 19:58
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Umm I never said they are related? I just used the "wife material" as a phrase/metaphor.

Fair enough I guess, I find it an odd word choice though, given that they do marry and "wife material" doesn't really mean anything.

Your other paragraph only seems tangentially related to anything I said, if you think the story is missing out from a lack of nsfw and kissing scenes I'll agree to disagree lol.

Hey we got ourselves a nun here lmao What's the point of a story that started out with a lot of kissing and sexual tension, now being completely devoid of it even though all the obstacles that prevented the characters from fully loving each other have been gone for literally a year?

Lol

Yes, their former inability to keep their hands off each other is one of the problems in the Mei/Yuzu relationship that has been effectively rectified.

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 13 Jul 18:33
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But at least on the information we have to go by at the moment, the depiction of senpai as some sort of predatory child-abuser is not supported by the present evidence. Miyuki is what, two years older than Asuka? And Asuka has known her longer than she’s been friends with Jun and his family—she was shy Asuka’s first peer-mentor/protector.

? Maybe I'm too tired and misunderstand something, but Asuka basically grew up with Jun's family. She's just "temporarily" on a forced break "to develop independence" from them in the current-flashback-timeline as Rui pushed her away a bit.

The point being that Miyuki is not just some random cute girl on the make—she’s an old and trusted friend.

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 13 Jul 15:23
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But at least on the information we have to go by at the moment, the depiction of senpai as some sort of predatory child-abuser is not supported by the present evidence. Miyuki is what, two years older than Asuka? And Asuka has known her longer than she’s been friends with Jun and his family—she was shy Asuka’s first peer-mentor/protector.

Not sure who went on about child abuse (considering they are close in age), but she still sexually harrassed her at the very least. I would say kissing gets brushed off far too easily sometimes.

And you don't develope hate or strong dislike like that for nothing.

Without getting into a quagmire about when an unexpected kiss counts as “sexual harassment,” it’s clear that Asuka now sees Miyuki as a “liar” and an untrustworthy person, and for Asuka, who seems to have, at most, one real friend at a time, that’s a strong judgment.

But what actually happened with them besides kissing and some clothes in disarray remains to be seen.

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 13 Jul 14:43
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I still remember some people here saying Jun should mind his own business and is annoying for daring to warn Asuka lol
As if this was not the predictable outcome.

Did Asuka gt murdered while I wasn't looking or something?

After a couple of re-reads, I’m willing to give Jun-kun credit for not being a particularly toxic example of the “male childhood friend looking out for the yuri protagonist,” but although he seems like a nice enough guy and not especially possessive, I still find the trope to be basically annoying and generally intrusive—I prefer to see “nice guys” bringing more to the table in yuri than Jun has so far.

It’s clear that Miyuki-senpai is a player (one flashback I missed in my count was senpai’s memory of Jun catching her with some girl in a classroom, thus explaining his antipathy towards her in relation to Asuka) and we also know that Asuka is pissed off about whatever happened in their (apparently brief) relationship. (We’re not clear if Jun is warning Asuka off because senpai is a lesbian, or because she’s an unreliable lesbian, however.)

My guess at this point is that, rather than being someone who has so traumatized Asuka sexually that she’s reverting to the safety of a relationship with her own mother, senpai’s main function is to have clued Asuka into her sexual preference (along with some tongue-kissing practice) and to clarify that Asuka’s interest in Ayako isn’t just displaced first-timer sexual experimentation.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m of two minds about this on the Dynasty site. Don’t get me wrong—it’s one of my favorite series going, I read every new chapter with great pleasure, and in the abstract, I’d love to see one of my favorite series on my favorite site.

But, as has been extensively discussed here, it’s not clear what the actual endgame is going to be, and while I have enough confidence in the writing to assume that I’d be OK however it turns out, I would prefer to live without the aggrieved commentary that would inevitably accompany any non-full-yuri outcome to the story.

(To be sure, Shino is, IMO, gay as fuck, but at this point whether she ends up with Nozomi is no clearer now than it ever was).

Nevertheless, a series that gives me the warm fuzzies whenever I read it.

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 13 Jul 07:08
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But so many chapters/parts start off in the non-narrative-present that each time I find it a little difficult to re-orient myself to the story.

Reading the whole series straight through it’s not that confusing.

That may as well be the crux of it.
The whole thing may benefit from a one-sitting-reading, contrary to individual-chapter-release-readings.

Still, the various flashbacks from various POV (not to mention various character and conflict introductions, quite some of which still have to lead somewhere yet) and flashbacks within flashbacks make it feel somewhat incoherent and unstructured - which again, compared to the actual and rather straight-forward story-content, overcomplicates the narration. (again, unless that's some artsy style that eventually pays off; but so far the flashbacks have not resulted in any major twists and the most 'twisty' things, like the pres - for lack of a better term - taking advantage of Asuka, have been foreshadowed in other layers, heavily so ... and I kinda forgot what I wanted to say... ah, yes: I didn't mean it's confusing for its plot, but - as you said - for these "wait, when are we now?" moments...)

Either way, it's still interesting and enjoyable as is and I got it on my "gotta re-read the whole thing" list.

Edit: Sorry, am currently a bit dizzy due to sickness, so if I got repetetive or didn't make any sense at all, that may be why... Am gonna shut up now @_@

I love how the syntax of this post replicates the thing you’re talking about. Lol

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 13 Jul 05:39
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Actually, I did it because I was as confused as anybody. So I re-read it and wrote them down.

I adore and thank you so much for your investment and effort ^^

Chapter 10.1+a
* opens as a Jun POV flashback remembering when he asked Asuka about her father
* flashes back within the flashback to recall overhearing his parents talk about Ayako and her family situation
* within that he flashes back to a scene of himself being a little reliable boy
* returns to the scene of Jun asking Asuka about her father

Flashbackception confirmed.

I think, the author really wants to get something across (as one should assume) but got entangled in her non-linear story-telling a bit too much.
I don't mind the requirement of attentiveness to understand a good story, but unless "memory" or "perception based on [unreliable] memory" doesn't soon become a distinctive theme / cause for the events, this flashback-heavy style does more harm than good.
Flashbacks can be a very good narrative tool and can be quite useful for character development, but... well, again, unless something really deep and unexpected happens (or happened), it just makes it unneccessarily confusing, considering the actual plot delievered thus far...

Personally, I don’t have much problem following the flashbacks themselves; it’s the oddly erratic structuring of the “installments” that throws me off a bit. For instance, Jun’s chapter of memory is a lot more complicated to describe than it is to actually read it.

But so many chapters/parts start off in the non-narrative-present that each time I find it a little difficult to re-orient myself to the story.

Reading the whole series straight through it’s not that confusing.

last edited at Jul 13, 2019 5:42AM

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 12 Jul 21:46
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm amazed you manage too remember all of that.

Actually, I did it because I was as confused as anybody. So I re-read it and wrote them down.

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 12 Jul 21:25
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

These flashbacks are giving me whiplash

You have no idea.

I count 26 “installments” of this series (chapters, chapters +, extras, omake, etc).

I also count 47 flashbacks or other deviations from the narrative present as established in Chapter 1. (These are defined as “visual representations of events of the past.”)

11 installments open in a flashback; only 5 (including the Cat Day extra) take place entirely in the narrative present.

Now, a number of these time deviations are very brief—sometimes not even a full panel, as when Ayako remembers little Asuka having a fever or whatever.

But many of them are extended and quite complex. For example:

Chapter 10. This is the continuation of the conversation between Asuka and Jun-kun on the park bench.
* opens with a Jun POV flashback remembering little Asuka.
* returns to the present
* there’s an Asuka POV memory of Miyuki-senpai doing lesbian things
* an Ayako POV memory of Jun, Rui, and Asuka as children

Chapter 10.1+a
* opens as a Jun POV flashback remembering when he asked Asuka about her father
* flashes back within the flashback to recall overhearing his parents talk about Ayako and her family situation
* within that he flashes back to a scene of himself being a little reliable boy
* returns to the scene of Jun asking Asuka about her father

Everything from Chapter 11 onwards has been the lead-up to the wedding, the wedding itself, and the conversation with Miyuki-senpai in the narrative present, with the rest being flashbacks going back and forth between the first and second year of Asuka’s middle school, including the masturbation scene and the cram school, as well as Asuka’s memories of senpai from elementary school.

So yeah, whiplash, or something . . .

last edited at Jul 12, 2019 9:25PM

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 12 Jul 20:18
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What is this illicit non-incestual homosexual relationship doing in this manga?

I demand an explanation!

It gives the squeaky-clean Asuka a dark secret.

But Ayako suspects . . .

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 12 Jul 18:12
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There's a saying among manga readers. You lack ideas, put in cheating.

Where is there cheating in this story?

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 12 Jul 17:05
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

would u guys fuk ur mom if she was a 12/10

I believe the traditional answer is, “No, but I’d fuck yours.”

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 12 Jul 16:30
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think some people are getting a little lost in the timeline here.

Which isn’t too surprising—out of curiosity I started counting, and through Chapter 5 there have already been 9 flashbacks or other deviations from the narrative present, and I haven’t even reached the flashback-heavy parts of the story.

But the Senpai Incident is Asuka in middle school (as Jun-kun reminds us), not in high school in the narrative present.

last edited at Jul 13, 2019 5:56AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This talk about kids is very suspicious. Let me guess: now it will actually happen. At the most inconvenient of moments.

Why it's suspiscous ? They are both 36, it's normal to talk about child at their age.

It’s not suspicious in realism terms—36-year-old people do lots of things.

It’s suspicious in narrative terms—why bring it up now unless it’s going to be significant somewhere down the line?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, well, well . .a rather casual sort of honesty? Or something else?

A conversation I’ve never had:

“So, hun, are you sexually interested in anyone at work?”
“No, darling, are you?”
“Well, now that you mention it, funny story . . .”

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Don’t authoresses need someone around to fetch them tea, and make sure the fire’s burning right, etc., and in return that person gets room and board and cute clothes?

Right?

(Also cuddling. And stuff.)