Forum › Posts by elevown

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Should be fixed now. The lack of page 2 is intentional, there is no page 2 in the original scanlation either. 50 thought was a accident.

Uhh- well, page 50 seems ok - but now 20 and 29 seem corrupt?

elevown
Pravda discussion 13 May 08:49
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Page 2 seems to be missing in the online version, and the download has an error for page 12- strangely if i use 7zip page 12 extracts fine though it stil says theres an error- but using winrar, i dont get a page 12 at all.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This download says page 50 is corrupt, and I notice there is no page 2 or page 50 in the online version.

elevown
HK4 discussion 12 May 18:32
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Page 4 of this is corrupt in the download rar file- and I noticed there isnt a page 4 on the online version either- does that mean your copy of it is messed up too?

I've got quite a few corrupted downloads here of late so i've updated my extracters to see if that was the issue- but didnt help in this instance.

Otherwise a good release :) I love konami or the rarer kagasa.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think I liked this more than how this bit went down in the animes - where she starts off depressed and not even trying. I like how she helps people along the way, how they wait for akari on the beach - and also how the end of the race isnt stupid.

In the anime she falls with like a few hundred meters to go- and dosnt get up till Icchan shouts at her to. Then somehow even though she and jessie were previously on a par more or less, she gets up and beats jessie who by this time must be a hundred meters ahead at least- i.e she'd have to literaly have run 3 times faster than she did previously - and she just isnt THAT fast. This manga version was just a realstic sprint between the 3, all pretty close together.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Don't think I'll read this one- had a glance through and its not my taste- seems seinin- all serious and not cute / fun / romantic etc - very little evident yuri, love polygons of some nature, and I realy dont like the art- too messy and a bit old school- i dunno - i wouldnt say its bad but I dont like the style - look at battle athletes, thats probably alot older, but the lines are much cleaner.

Im sure some will enjoy though.

last edited at May 11, 2013 4:06AM

elevown
Selfish 2 discussion 04 May 01:59
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

2 page 25's.

Otherwise fun :) Gotta love Lucky star!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

since the tankoubon and the magazine was slightly different, which one does people prefer?

The tank version is alot better- the 3 addition pages arnt in the magazine version, and 1 other page if i remember.. where the magazine one has just one page that isnt in the tank.

And is should of been removed- while its humourous and not bad in itself, - i can see why it was cut- it was totaly at odds with all the surrounding pages in tone and style- it realy disrupted the emotional atmosphere of the final scene.

But if you want to see that one page so you never missed anything - maki maki had a link to the magazine version.

P.s makimaki will be doing a few remaining bits- 4koma from the dvd releases or something.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm really bad at picking favourites, but I'd say my top three are Sasameki Koto, Girl Friends and Hanjuku Joshi,

the first i heard hanjuko joshi in this type of discussion, i agree,

I'd Agree with these too- and add first love sisters (3 volumes, so not that long, shame it can't all be on reader) and ofcourse Aoi Hana to my best yuri series.

And Hanjuku Joshi- should be alot more well known and rated i think- it maybe may favourite of all- only girl friends equals or betters it.

I think it has the best positive messeges overall for a lesbian couple by FAR - whereas morinaga milks works kind of seem a bit more rooted in the past ways.

SK i thought was great earlier on but about half way got bogged down, so I agree it could of been better if shorter and more focused - or better planned for its length. But I still like it alot overall - and loved the characters - and the ending was very satisfying :)

Now to read it all the way through in one go :) I think reading a long manga once finished gives a much better feel for its overall story than it spread out over years.

last edited at Apr 26, 2013 7:24AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont think its missing, rather never got translated / couldnt find raws etc - maybe even just wierd naming issue ? But i've looked before and nowhere on the web seems to have a chapter 11.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for this :) was both fun and cute! Everyone mostly focuses on Mio, Azunyan and Yui - which I understand, but Mugi sure is cute too.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think this has to be my favourite ongoing manga that is not licenced.

I realy love it even with its slow, or, i'd rather call it - laid back pace. It reminds me of 'The amber tea house' in this regard. So it dosn't have to 'go' anywhere realy, even by the end, for me to enjoy it.

Im kind of expecting it to end 'positively' but noncommitaly - like just with Matsuri working in the sunflower bookery - and it clear miss sunflower knows she is important to her, but leaving it open..

We have already seen a few times, including this latest chapter, Miss sunflower realising Matsuri is important to her and has changed her life for the better - but It dosnt seem to me to be the type of series where we will get to the point of a mutual romance.

What does anyone else think? The manga would require a change in tone - Matsuri has declared her love from the start, but she never directly persues it, and is fairly 'airheaded' and just not 'serious' enough about it in a romantic sense to move things into romance without change.

So while I'd love for things to develop, and certainly they are getting closer, and miss sunflower is realising Matsuri's importance - I dont see how you go from where it is to wanting to kiss and go out together.. Except maybe if its either a) a fair bit longer or b) has a time skip or two in the story.. (Dislike time skips myself).

p.s

Actualy, i wonder how long has passed during the story? it SEEMS to be about 2 years since Matsuri is a second year and saying its a year till graudation- and it starts out i think not long after she gets in highschool... One way i've though of it could do it, is for Matsuri to start maturing more (which there is some signs of) - for her hormones to start realy kicking in and her getting more serious about Miss sunflower romanticaly.. I could see a more agressive and blatent pursuit by Matsuri proving fruitful before too long:)

last edited at Apr 21, 2013 4:06PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

..somehow...when i look to miss sunflower...she resembles mei from citrus...

Rather the other way round since miss sunflower came first by a long ways!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This seems to be on the reader twice- one with extra pics, one without.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

For some reason the pages arnt listing in numerical order.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Im not sure i understand the last line 'im technicaly a girl too' 'oh right'. Im not sure who is saying it and what they mean, it dosnt realy seem to tie directly to the previous pages statements..?

Can someone enlighten me? I get the feeling its either obvious and im missing it somehow or people arnt realy thinking on it and just letting it slide by.?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That one-shot is nearly as good as its cover:) Gona make it a desktop i think lol.

elevown
Yuriyurara discussion 07 Apr 21:11
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Also it's hentai, there's much sillier ways for people to hook up :)

Lol- ok I will give you that :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

You can understand it that way, but there isnt any real evidence for it, and even taken that IS what happened, just a frame of a martini glass (like she'd serve it in that) falling in the air like it had been dropped or knocked from her hand lacks any context- it should have shown her sweeping lots of components/glassware etc off that bench onto the floor. OR her finishing it then giving it her THEN knocking the glass away at the last second.

And for the crackers, yes i agree and get that they were ofcourse an excuse to come over- im just saying its a naff and unbelivable excuess marisa would come over with a pack of crisps in hand lol. She's smart and would of found a much more belivable excuse to visit.

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 7:08PM

elevown
DEKATORIS discussion 07 Apr 18:17
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think the other two point's are subjective. The art style doesn't look quite like the show, sure, but it's very easy to tell who they are, and it's a very good art style imo. I mean, doujin's shouldn't look exactly like the show, they should include the artist's own style, otherwise you may as well just trace the show.

You make valid points, but personaly i dont like the art style- and I dont mind when a doujin has some of the mangaka's own style - as long as its not too different, and i like the style.

BUT - I DO think the best is when the style is EXACTLY the same as the anime or manga- (obviously dosnt apply to origional works).

Lets face it- if you are making a doujin of a show- that means its because you like that anime/manga- its style and/or characters, and want to have them do stuff they cant in the origionals (since they have to go on TV or sell to a wider audience).

Its like wish fullfilment / fanservice in many cases- and surely the best way to make it seem like this is something that realy happened/ could of happened in that universe, is to make it match the anime/manga style as closely as you can? That way its alot more believable. Its actualy fairly rare, but sometimes you see a picture thats SO close a match it looks like its a cut scene in the anime or something, and i find those incredible.

Other times, a doujin might have a fairly different style, but one i think works for the show still, and that can still capture the tiny little facial/design quirks that make a character still BE that character we like.. Where other styles will just loose that subtlety- and then i feel the style wasnt appropriate.

Ofcourse all thats just my opinion :)

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 6:18PM

elevown
Citrus discussion 07 Apr 17:46
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I wasn't really fond of it either, but that was mainly because I hate any type of Love Triangles.

Got to agree with this this- i dispise ANY polygon love- from triangles up! It dosnt have to ruin a story- depends how far its taken etc.. (for example thinking they love one person, but coming to realise they like the one who likes them before it gets messy and disolving the triangle )..but i'd much rather do without it.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Hrm - a few things dont work at all in this realy- mainly page 13- where we go from her walking in the door having gathered the components, stood there holding some crackers, to in the next frame knocking the glass away with the potion.

What happened to a frame or 2 of her at least giving her the drink?? You cant just jump time with no indication or explanation like this and have it make sense.

And what gives with going round to give her a spare bag a crackers lol? Thats way silly/flimsy.
Wouldnt a spell book she'd wanted to borrow or maybe some leftover seasonal fresh delicacy type thing be ALOT more believable?

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 4:44PM

elevown
Yuriyurara discussion 07 Apr 16:28
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I totaly agree - Ayano and kyouko are by far my fav pairing too- tho himawari and sakurako are good too! I think this one was spoiled a bit by the rediculous setup.. I mean come on, is that the best way the mangaka could think of to hook them up lol? It was too out of character and nonesensical, detracting from the H scenes.

elevown
DEKATORIS discussion 07 Apr 16:01
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

But futa is awesome :/

I think youll find you are in the minority on a predominently yuri site. Ofcourse thats subjective and you are welcome to you futa - but the other 2 points arnt - the style means they are barely recognisable, and they are acting too out of character to seem like them either! (I dont mean what they are doing- their words and mannerisms).

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 4:29PM

elevown
DEKATORIS discussion 07 Apr 09:19
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Sign so much wasted potential here! I realy like Lucky star doujin, there isnt huge amount of it about - and none of these two that i remember - i'd love to see the two sisters together..

But then they spoil it by A) They dont look like them at all B) Their characters totaly different
C) Pointlessly insert a completly unrequired dick. :(