Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Image Comments 30 Nov 20:12
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
46952077_p0

A school swimsuit can be plenty flattering if done right.
http://www.gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1598463

elevown
Image Comments 25 Nov 10:44
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
70c91e15903b81416a545cba35a20e4c

^ Also, Mako is played almost always for comedy- even in serious bits so Its harder to get serious about shipping them i guess?

elevown
Image Comments 25 Nov 10:40
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Reimari3

Thats because Alice works so much better with her :) I like Remiu but i think Marisa makes her a good friend not lover.

I dont think anyone works with Remiu except Cirno now anyways :)

That said this was still cute!

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 10:41AM

elevown
Image Comments 25 Nov 10:36
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Bcf6c0027d8c0bad90eaade7e7334b99

Yes, Miyafuji picks her that cushion up in about ep 4 or 5 of season 2 - so it must be set after that.

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 10:45AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Its well done, and ends up fairly happy (the 2nd to last page seems to be a flash back?) but its still OTT aaangst- all the characters were OOC i think- I just cant see it going down like this- I think they'd all stay together - a local college commute like Kagami's older sisters do would seem most likely - except Miyuki was going to go to a medical school if i remember?

I dont think it needs a depressing as fuck tag since they get together and presumably life gets a lot better for them both.

last edited at Nov 23, 2014 7:52AM

elevown
Image Comments 13 Nov 20:08
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
6c9d186cfaf6ae8a7388f0aac1767b4e

Since when has marisa had a pet snake lol? Ive probably read most of the stories on the reader with Marisa in and Ive never seen it even once - its cant have much of a role or interest.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Very nice art.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't even know if this is yuri or not. I feel sorry for Risa -

No need to feel sorry for her- did she look sad at all?

She seems a very strong character to me- and if they didn't hook up, she would get over it and they could still be great friends.

But I also think you are worrying unnecessarily - it certainly looks like she will prevail to me :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

"we can sexfx together!" never forget ._.

If you are gonna go to the effort of editing the sound effects, why wouldn't you edit out the censor bars too? I mean the only thing it has going for it is the sexual imagery..

Who's going to redraw the lady bits? You?

Nope- while I could achieve it, I've no vested interest in this manga to spend that time- what I meant was, just like sound effects require redrawing some of the background - there isnt much difference or amount of effort.

But having another look, while the bars leave enough to have a good idea where to draw the lines, it would be harder than redrawing most sfx backgrounds and you WOULD have to come up with some of it without any guide.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

If you are gonna go to the effort of editing the sound effects, why wouldn't you edit out the censor bars too? I mean the only thing it has going for it is the sexual imagery..

elevown
Game discussion 06 Nov 01:03
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Nnnnnnnnngh.... it.... felt.... rushed...........

now I loves me some Takamiya Jin, but this last chapter was.... off. felt rushed. hastily concluded even? oh I'm so torn :-\

oh well. as always, thank you Kawaii Scans!

Dont agree or see it as a rushed ending at all. I assume you noticed it was only 3 chapters long? It was designed to be 3 from the start in all likely hood- unless you have a serialization, a mangaka is offered a slot to publish a story- say for 3 publications.

The entire last chapter here- a third of the whole story- was wrapping up the ending- resolving her misunderstanding she was just a stand in, when becky actually loved her- and becky not knowing that she was hurting her feelings with the cosplay.

If you compare it to a long multi tank book, their endings are faaar more 'rushed' as a total % of the story size.

It seems to me people often mistake a story for being rushed when it is simply short- it cant flesh it out for another 3 chapters because its length is set to be a short story. And given how short such stories are, and you need to actualy fit the rest of the story in, just how long do you THINK an ending could be given how few pages they have to do it in?

last edited at Nov 6, 2014 1:04AM

elevown
Image Comments 05 Nov 01:20
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
46901111_p1

Spoiled a bit by the addition of english text that seems like wasnt there originally in japanese.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

LOL - Mugi living in the room next door to a Mio x Ritsu couple would be in heaven - both figuratively and literally from all the nose bleeds haha.

elevown
:E discussion 29 Oct 07:51
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I agree - the art was good but it was really pretty confusing especially earlier on - it really wasn't clear in continuity or words what was going on half the time.

elevown
Image Comments 27 Oct 17:34
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Mariali1

LOL- i agree they are an idiot couple. what exactly defines one? Im not sure of the criteria.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont think it really needs a supernatural tag - you notice she couldn't see the other girls colours when she thought she was in love with the other girl - but she had misunderstood - she wasn't - and loved her just as much- so the colours arnt meant to be magic, they are in her mind, representing what she feels / thinks of others emotions as directed at her.

Id say it's synesthesia - its well known and not THAT rare, where colours etc get tied to stuff they shouldn't through abnormally connected neural pathways.

last edited at Oct 23, 2014 12:31PM

elevown
Image Comments 17 Oct 05:03
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
39386583_big_p1

Maturi?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

"Matsuri is like who I used to be"

Oh, Miss Sunflower. If only you would notice Matsuri lusting after you to realize how wrong your statement is...

Well to be honest, even though Matsuri's love is definitely romantic, they haven't really showed us much of her serious feelings. I don't know miss sunflower understands that she IS serious.

And when she thinks Matsuri is like she used to be, i think she might of meant more her happy positive attitude than their feelings for their respective miss sunflowers. (The current miss sunflowers feelings for the original were clearly not romantic- though she did love her and wish she'd let her know).

I think Matsuri really needs to make miss sunflower aware of how serious she is- and that she loves her for who she really is.

I kinda expect a major moment to be when Matsuri gets to call miss sunflower by her real name.

last edited at Oct 13, 2014 11:51AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Apart from the character designs, I really get the vibe from Citrus in this manga.

The similarities I found were:

1. Miss Sunflower's stern attitude and Matsuri's frank (i.e. Telling MS how much she loves her) and irrational behaviour. Much like Mei and Yuzu.

2. Miss Sunflower gives the vibes that she's into Matsuri but never really does anything about it. She just goes with the flow, although she knows Matsuri's into her.

3. Miss Sunflower is following the past Miss Sunflower's foot steps; Mei follows her dad's foot steps. Both has something they want to do.

Ahaha. I know a lot of Citrus haters in dynasty, so please try not to heavily bash me when you read this comment! I was just stating some of the things I found similar between the two.

Although I prefer Miss Sunflower tenfolds than Citrus, I still think the latter is of at least a mediocre quality in regards of the story.

I dont think its fair to say Miss sunflower gives a Citrus vibe, like the mangaka was basing anything on it, when miss sunflower pre-dates Citrus by quite a few years.. You should say citrus gives you a similar vibe to miss sunflower :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Isnt the title named after a song from railgun for some reason?

elevown
Nerve discussion 11 Oct 12:31
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is Pretty Rythm one of those Precure things?

Anyways, nice read, felt rather short.

Nope its not related to pretty cure series- though there are some similarities - mostly style wise. If you have seen any of the PriPara show currently airing that is a pretty rhythm spin off and very similar, but minus ice skating.

last edited at Oct 30, 2014 5:45AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Blank_Mage said:

Remilia: "KILL EVERYTHING."
Meiling: "Hey look, we're having fun!"
Remilia: "You're right! I'm happy now."
Flandre: "What did I miss?"
Remilia: "Flandre, I'm sorry I locked you up for 500 years. Let's have tea."
Flandre: "Yay!"

Me: "....what just happened."

Other than that, I've read up to ch5 and it's been seeming good so far. And little Sakuya is so cute.

Thats not really how i saw it- the action/fight and then to top it off meiling laughing at them/the situation, just finally snapped them both out of that long nightmare/malaise or whatever you want to call it.

They weren't immediately happy- they were just themselves in their right minds again- especially after she let them know a real long time had passed. The happy lively mansion developed from there, and came about over the years.

last edited at Oct 24, 2014 2:21AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Really enjoyed that :) I didnt find it 'old plot' or cliche at all really like some say. Exactly HOW many similar stories are here on the reader? A delinquent type saving another girl etc.. maybe one or 2 other examples that are vaguely similar? And of course the story is in the details.

Also found the characters very interesting and NOT typical - I dont get how you didnt like her biting her finger etc- Satsuki- if she was just a tough bitch delinquent, and a soft type girl needing rescue it would of been a far less interesting story.

It makes Shinjou seem like a real person not a walking cliche- yes she's tough- but fairly emotionally vulnerable and a nice person under that exterior. Just like Takaoka is a lot tougher than she seems at first glance.

Soo, nope i didnt find it cliche at all- a big part of a story and what makes it interesting and unique is its characters- and these 2 were not cookie cutter or cliche at all.

last edited at Sep 21, 2014 5:12AM

elevown
Heartbreak discussion 18 Sep 08:04
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Enjoyed that :)

Only thing though.. since when can you surgically remove a tattoo? Cut out a big chunk of skin (they go deeper than just surface too) and then kinda stretch or graft skin back over?? There's no such gross tattoo removal method i've ever heard of..

As far as i know its done with a laser and requires multiple applications- getting about 25% fainter each time- i'd guess each visit needs a while between them too? You are maybe left with a very faint mark- but certainly no scar.

So unless I am missing something it seems very silly and the author misunderstanding and not researching tattoo removal ?

Edit - ok it seems older pre laser methods like abrasion + acid and skin grafts even were used some - but i seriously doubt you could get it done like that now when such a simple way as laser has replaced them- and a graft wouldn't leave a single vertical scar either way.

Its a fairly minor point in a good story but..

last edited at Sep 18, 2014 8:08AM

elevown
Konno Kita discussion 06 Sep 07:36