Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Sisterism discussion 26 Oct 15:42
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was enjoyable :) Was it a tank only extra? I dont suppose there is a 31.5 still to come too since there was also a 10.5?

last edited at Oct 26, 2013 3:43PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Seems like it needs a Yuri tag?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So do 12-19 exist translated / untranlated somewhere yet?

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/yuru_yuri_oomuro_ke

Pretty fucking pathetic bro.

LOL - no, not at all. For some reason ep 20 was up before 12-19 for at least an hour - i had no idea they were all gonna appear obviously since 20 came first.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So do 12-19 exist translated / untranlated somewhere yet?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Chapter 1 dosn't have a next chapter button - and chapter 2 is missing the drop down menu for basics of stealth series/Hirari vol 9/10 selection for some reason.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Page 10 of chapter 2 dosn't seem to load.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bamboo_flower_sleeping_princess_ch02#9

last edited at Oct 17, 2013 2:31AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I hope the romance in this won't be too dragging as well

Prepare to be severely disappointed.

I dont mind it dragging lol as long as it dosnt crawl into het land.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow- I find and read this manga for the first time last night, realy enjoyed it - then find out its just been animated - first ep was a few days ago in japan i think? Nice timing or what?

I hope some group is picking it up - its funny, has likeable characters, and i want to see Hotaru's
cute yuri crush :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I realy liked this :) My second favourite type of manga/anime after yuri are ones with all female / mostly female casts - and one girl even has a crush on another for a bonus! Hope to see more of this.

Yes, I wouldnt tag in yuri or subtext - theres nothing sub about it - but she is probably too young - even if she looks mature, for it to develope much in the story. yuri crush as suggested might work?

I was also gonna suggest adding a 'younger than she looks' tag - like the 'older than she looks' one - but amazingly there isnt one - having things like teachers who look like kids is common- hasnt the opposite been done much with young girls who look mature?

last edited at Oct 11, 2013 12:28AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Please don't compare the two. Oh My Goddess! is trash, and nothing like this.

I know its trash but that dosnt invalidate using it as comparison. I was asking if there was something like a yuri version. But minus the crap het harem fest. I hate harem style anime almost universaly - even if it was yuri like iono.

last edited at Oct 9, 2013 9:34PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Interesting start! I was thinking, has there ever been a yuri manga/anime with a human girl / godess pairing ? Like Oh My Goddess! Yuri version?

Can't think of any but I'd love that - always liked godess / angel / devil characters but so few / none in yuri :(

Maybe this will be that kinda story.

elevown
Present discussion 08 Oct 14:07
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is one of my all time favorites. I just love the ending.

Have to fully agree- one of my all time favourite one-shots - can get me all misty eyed lol.

elevown
Kase-san discussion 04 Oct 12:06
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So, am I the only one who saw that closing bit of narration as terribly ominous?

I don't think it was forshadowing though I can see why you might think that. I also think the series is too sweet and fluffy and both characters too nice for anything beyond a minor angst blip (like in chapter 2) - unless the author is a moron. And they dont seem to be.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I notice in chapter 2 page 63 and more, sensei is spelt wrong? Or is there something im unaware of, like the girl talks funny and they tranlated it that way - (though if thats the case they should note it).

Wierd - seems to only be the doctor who miss spells sensei- happens throughout the chapter but not in the previous one - so i cant tell if its a mistake or not.

Seems fairly fun so far.

last edited at Oct 3, 2013 3:13AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Theres a typo in the first pannel on page 10.

elevown
Yuyushiki discussion 01 Oct 13:43
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That chapter just dosnt realy work translated lol. This segment was about how that phrase sounds kinda wierd and catchy in japanese especially when sang :) So obviously its lost in translation. This show (that i loved) had a lot of jokes about the sounds of words.

last edited at Oct 1, 2013 1:44PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yuuka isnt actualy in this beyond referenced in 1 pannel - its
wriggle, cirno and dai-chan? Or is that tag the whole work not just this chapter, and yuuka comes in later? Not sure how tags work when they differ by chapter.

last edited at Sep 26, 2013 4:03AM

elevown
Fragtime discussion 24 Sep 17:14
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

i have a really bad feeling about this, i wish i'm wrong but it seems to me that the long haired girl want to use the MC.
if the plot goes in that direction i'll hate this manga because i like the shy girl

I havn't realy got that vibe- and hope you are wrong or i'll hate it too.

Remember how Fujiwara-san in the first few chapters of 'Notes From The Garden Of Lilies' seemed kinda like that but wasn't. I hoping its another similar thing.

elevown
Fragtime discussion 24 Sep 17:07
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ok I kinda like long hair girl more now - with that lie etc in ch2 i dont think she seems a bad sort now - its seems like time stop girl said - she's given up - and is apathetic to life for some reason - maybe she will gain back some real joy and emotions now?

last edited at Sep 24, 2013 5:08PM

elevown
Present discussion 23 Sep 19:53
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was cute but obvious :) I didnt get the last pannel though- beyond being odd, was there some joke i missed in miyafuji's present?

last edited at Sep 23, 2013 7:54PM

elevown
Girl's Ride discussion 23 Sep 11:00
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I agree - It wasnt amazing but enjoyable - and wanted a little more at the end.

elevown
Fragtime discussion 22 Sep 21:35
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Its not that i mind manga doing impossible stuff - it happens all the time - but - i dont want it 'utterly impossible' to the point of 'too dumb even for fiction' - like stopping time for the whole universe would be - who's she meant to be - the creator of the universe?

As for sakuya, like i said, id always assumed most who can stop time, are actualy just removing 'themselves' from it - so they can move etc instantly seeming and then 're-enter' the flow- that's a WHOLE lot more believable- even in a world with magic.

And the freezing time while talking to people and then walking off and nobody says anything?? It's not 'overthinking'. Its not like i mind the basic premis a schoolgirl can freeze time in some way. But you can do that well, or badly - I just wish it was self consistant and not full of obvious issues.

All that said- i still find it somewhat enjoyable and will keep reading :) Though I also didnt like the long haired girls attitude in part 2 - hope she isnt as shallow as she seems there.

last edited at Sep 22, 2013 9:38PM

elevown
Fragtime discussion 22 Sep 19:17
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Theres too much about this that makes no sense to realy enjoy it.

A) Stopping time must mean 'stopping your own passage through time' - i.e existing in a frozen moment - its not like you could freeze time for the whole universe. And if it was a bubble around her for a certain radius, people outside it would all see en-mass at the boundry that it was going on. That given- it makes no sense the other girl could still move- she would need her own 'time freeze' ability or something.

B) If you realy froze time for an object/people - it would be utterly impossible to move them because moving in space requires time to pass. To move something frozen in time would be to move the universe. If it was just you there was effected- anything you did would still happen and the effects be seen. They'd just not see why it happened.

C) If she freezes time to escape people and situations she dosnt like like that, why isnt everyone terrified of this girl who keeps vanishing? Which is what it would look like if you froze time while they were talking to you and left.?

last edited at Sep 22, 2013 7:18PM

elevown
Fragtime discussion 21 Sep 01:46
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, even if alot of that makes no sense at all, if we ignore the serious scientific and logical flaws, it looks like it might be fun :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'd really prefer more Aya x Youko, but this was cute enough

me too :) Though this was cute too.

If you've seen todays ep.10 release, I'm now sure Ayaya is actualy aware of her feelings for Youko more or less. She was blushing like mad and so nervous when she invited her to meet up- and when Youko said she wished she had a sister like Aya, she nearly cried lol (because she dosnt want her to see her as a sister, but a potential girlfriend).

And the bit where Youko says their blood types are meant to make good partners was so sweet too:)

But I think Youko is pretty clueless to Ayaya's feelings (though she makes some jokes about marrying her etc she seems to miss all the hints).