Forum › Posts by flowsthead

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I know the black smudges at the end are supposed to be chocolate, but they look like charcoal.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Is it just me or are the labels for the left and right ear reversed? Don't you usually refer to people's ears based on how they are oriented on the person?

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I honestly want her to end up with Nanao at this point she's so adorable.

Nanao wants to be her girlfriend, but I think Asumi is too deep and will never be a monogamist anymore.

Okay hear me out: imagine Nao discovers the brothel service Asumi is using, and she decides to try it out to see why Asumi likes it so much, and then boom, her first sex worker is Mai.

Cue sexual hijinks and set up for a thruple end game

...When is your manga coming out and how can I subscribe to it?

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I honestly want her to end up with Nanao at this point she's so adorable.

Nanao wants to be her girlfriend, but I think Asumi is too deep and will never be a monogamist anymore.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I like this manga a lot, but what throws me off is that it seems like many chapters go right up to the line of Botan and Ibuki fucking and then nothing happens. Like the first x chapters was Botan making really suggestive comments to Ibuki while tipsy and Ibuki liking it and it just going nowhere. Chapter 18 seems to have acknowledged that Botan is definitely attracted to Ibuki but isn't sure Ibuki is gay, but it still feels like it has been so many months since they've been drinking together that it's hard to figure how nothing has happened yet.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I think this was unavoidable as a conflict. Yvonne is traumatized from the villainess system. Who wouldn't be? Especially since she also seems to love Dorothy, knowing that it's unavoidable for her to hurt the person she loves, that's really gotta fuck with her mentally. And there's always a worry that it will escalate.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

It's nice that Aya is observant, and her focus on school-Mitsuki shows real promise.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mitsuki not revealing herself. If she were just a record store employee dealing with a customer, then separating out her work and private life would be ok. But because they're communicating on the phone together, she probably does owe the truth to Aya. It's a tough line.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Just caught up on volume 8. I'm really liking the development of the Yano and Hime relationship. Hime rejecting Yano and not knowing how to be with her, and Yano wanting to be with her despite being hurt is great. It's nice to see rejection in a yuri manga like this. Even if the rejection doesn't stay permanent, I really like how long and how much time was spent on it. The characters really put thought and agonized over it, and that's pretty neat to see.

Something else that caught my eye especially in this volume, but really should have been obvious throughout is that Hime is most probably gay. The bathing scene is the most "I haven't realized I'm gay yet" scene possible. She's checking out all of the girls' bodies and it has nothing to do with embarrassment. It might be possible to argue for some of the other characters that their love is that yuri version where gender doesn't matter and they just love one specific person, but with Hime it really just seems that she's gay. Also, her heart "badump"ed way too many times for her not to be interested in Yano, she just has even less of an idea for romance. Romance is kind of anathema to her whole façade being, so it makes sense why she would be terrible at it. It's going to be a lot of volumes before we get to that happy ending at the rate things are going though.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 4:13PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I always enjoy this kind of dynamic, where one of them is aware of the other's feelings and kind of manipulates things to get closer to them. There's something satisfying about seeing a manipulative person crumble into love.

So serialization plus 50 more chapters please!

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Two-person love triangles are pretty fun when they have to decide which one they like more. If Aya falls for Mitsuki in her school persona and Mitsuki in her record store persona, that's the kind of drama I would be all for.

There's basically 0,00% chance of Aya falling for school-persona Mitsuki. She's doesn't fit her preference at all. The only doki moment they had was when Aya for a very short instant thought she saw on her schoolmate a shadow of the hunky handsome guy she's head over heels for.

Never tell me the odds!

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Nah, I think the tattoo is most likely to give away. I mean, it only takes a mere accident for the wristband to slip and for Aya notice it's the EXACT SAME TATTOO.

"Oh, no! He has a girlfriend!"

...admittedly, a reaction like this would make for quite an interesting development as well, with Mitsuki having to explain that, no, she's not his girlfriend - she's "he".

Ah, the two-person love triangle so beloved of superhero comics XD

Two-person love triangles are pretty fun when they have to decide which one they like more. If Aya falls for Mitsuki in her school persona and Mitsuki in her record store persona, that's the kind of drama I would be all for. Actually, I think that's the plot of You've Got Mail so never mind.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I honestly hope that Aya starts suspecting on her own, without Mitsuki saying a thing. I mean, she kinda brought it on herself for thinking it’s a dude when perhaps the voice could give it away. Her side of the story will be about finding out that gender doesn’t matter to her (she fell for an androgynous looking person and personality other than exclusively because she thought it was a guy), if we consider that this manga will go full yuri.

I just want her to start suspecting that this nerdy girl next to her holds some pretty strong similarities to her crush (mole, a bunch of holes in her ear that mean she wears piercings, a suspicious band covering her arm — an accidental tattoo reveal would be fun).

Anyways, there are SO MANY WAYS this story could unfold and I honestly am agonizing over the fact we only get 4 pages per week lol

The one I was thinking of as a possibility was if Mitsuki had to wear a mask for some reason in school.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

@ Wiwaxia Their take wasnt transphonic at ALL. They were NOT saying she was fooling gyaru-chan by dressing the way she does or looking fairly masculine- that has zero baring.

The issue they were raising is AFTER gyaur makes this mistake- (to nobodies fault) - she should then have let her know she isnt a boy like she thinks. I also agree that its not gone on long enough yet to matter. They have barely interacted since then- but she does need to explain it soon.

You also cant compare it to a closet trans- because she is NOT. She has no particular reason to hide her gender at all beyond a bit of embaressment about being seen as lame or something.

No, "you need to explain your real gender to someone who made a mistaken assumption and if you don't it's deception" is still a transphobic take.

The issue is the narrative about "gender deception", which is fundamentally transphobic whether or not any given fictional or real person has a "reason" to hide their gender. (As if fear of homophobia wouldn't be reason enough! Even in this scenario where the mc isn't trans, the stakes are still potentially much higher than "being seen as lame". Come on.)

Could you elaborate on how it's "fundamentally" transphobic? I can understand how it could very easily slip into that sort of territory, but there does seem to be a distinction between lying about your sex/gender and not providing info that you're not obliged to provide, such as what genitals you have.

I think it'll be easier to understand with some analogies.
"How could you not tell me you were a girl?"
"How could you not tell me you were black?"
"How could you not tell me you were Chinese?"
"How could you not tell me you were Muslim?"
Etc.

There is a presumption here that keeping that information from other people is a form of deception. And the corresponding implication that to keep that from someone is a form of violence, which would then necessitate a violent response. The answer is that it's no one's business.

Of course, you could argue that there are certain things that you should reveal in a relationship. If you have religious differences on how you should raise your kids, then the topic of your respective views on faith definitely needs to be above board. And yes, when physical intimacy comes into play then discussions of how you go about that should also be above board.

But that doesn't hold true for 99% of interactions. Your coworkers, your customers, your classmates, and any other strangers in your life have no right to know that information about you. Acting like this is a deception when they aren't dating is to presume ownership of that aspect of another person's privacy. Just as it would be xenophobic to demand to know where someone was born before interacting with them, and racist to demand to know the color of their skin, it would be sexist/transphobic to demand the same for their gender.

At least, this is my best guess from what @Wiwaxia was saying. Please correct me if I am wrong.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Tricking someone pretending you're the gender you're not is uncool at best and downright nasty at worst. In a romantic fantasy where a happy end is the iron-set goal, the fooled one, after the reveal, will always decide they don't care about gender anymore because love is more important. But in any minimally realistic setting this treachery will hurt the victim horribly and bring only heartbreak and bitterness.

You're right, and it depends on how long it goes on. To be fair on rocker girl, it wasn't on purpose and she hasn't been doing it long enough for it to count as "nasty". I think if they went on a date and she didn't reveal it, then we could talk about the moral ramifications. Right now it's just a misunderstanding.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Gyaru has no game, that is funny.

She gave out her number real smooth. I think she has intermittent game. It comes and goes as necessary.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

ok but when are we gonna see more at school scenes so there can be a setup for aya to fall for mitsuki-at-school and have a severe dilemma

that development would be chef's kiss but I think the school setting will be used for Mitsuki to fall for Aya, not the other way around. she'll be listening to her honest opinions about her in gyaru-chan's conversations with her friends, without the other party knowing, and getting to see a side of Aya that she wouldn't show to her record store crush. until one day she'll get herself thinking "wow she's really cute and honest isn't she?" (that's when homegirl will notice she was hit by the gay)

This would absolutely be an interesting storyline. And Aya doesn't return her feelings for Mitsuki in school mode, but is unknowingly falling for androgynous, record store Mitsuki.

She did get a little blush in chapter 4, so it's not totally impossible.

well, idk how "straights" work but i too would blush if someone just put an earbud in my ear like that. too smooth...

at this point I think Aya will completely ignore classmate Mitsuki and fall even more deeply for record store Mitsuki (mainly via message), and poor Mitsuki will suffer bc "she only likes the idea she has of me, and on top of that thinks I'm a dude, so she does not like the real me while >I< like her".

i predict some drama. I feel sorry for my alt baby

There might be some drama, but no way these cuties don't end up happy together! My heart won't be able to take it! Seriously, though, we need a school arc. Although these four page chapters are going to kill me if we get a dramatic school arc.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

ok but when are we gonna see more at school scenes so there can be a setup for aya to fall for mitsuki-at-school and have a severe dilemma

that development would be chef's kiss but I think the school setting will be used for Mitsuki to fall for Aya, not the other way around. she'll be listening to her honest opinions about her in gyaru-chan's conversations with her friends, without the other party knowing, and getting to see a side of Aya that she wouldn't show to her record store crush. until one day she'll get herself thinking "wow she's really cute and honest isn't she?" (that's when homegirl will notice she was hit by the gay)

This would absolutely be an interesting storyline. And Aya doesn't return her feelings for Mitsuki in school mode, but is unknowingly falling for androgynous, record store Mitsuki.

She did get a little blush in chapter 4, so it's not totally impossible.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I said this on reddit as well, but Rocker girl is an incredibly good flirt without knowing it. That's top energy right there. First the casual way she put gyaru's earbud in that one time in class, now just switching to first names. It's absolutely swoonworthy.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Sometimes something not being cute makes it cute, but I also totally get the idea of everyone talking about the appeal of something that just does nothing for you. I think everyone has had that feeling.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I hate the new girl already.

She's in the way of my gyaru x plainy. >_<

Maybe she'll make them more aggressive. Watanabe is annoyingly passive about it at all. Hopefully new girl can give her a push, on purpose or by accident, to accepting her feelings.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

That was super cute. Good luck, Eli!

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

The yuri is great, and that's perfect ! but for the drama.. I think we'll need a relationship chart soon lol

I didn't follow that well and am already confused. Blue hair girl and art girl are exes, I assume, but who is Xu Hao? And are they both bi? The art students called him her boyfriend.

For your Convenience

Thanks! Did you make this? Super helpful.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I didn't follow that well and am already confused. Blue hair girl and art girl are exes, I assume, but who is Xu Hao? And are they both bi? The art students called him her boyfriend.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I'd like to see some of this ravishing. You know, for evidence. That it really happened.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I'm glad she decided to call so quickly. This has some good Reiwa energy. More contact will allow rocker girl to develop feelings as well, and I'm happy gyaru's boldness is going to be rewarded.