Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Kase-san discussion 16 Mar 15:11
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

i'm sCREAMING THIS IS CUTE KASE AND YAMADA MUST ARE THE GAYEST FLUFFIEST CUTIES EVER WE MUST PROTECT THEM AT ALL COSTS

They have my sword

And my bow!

And MY Axe!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^
^
the fingers condom, google it
followed this, OL NSFW cant be this cute :DDDD

Also - regular condoms - (which is what i assume she was referring to ) for use on the toys - safe sex people.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This felt very rape-y
I'm not sure im OK with this.

Didn't really see it that way - she said to 'stop that' in the earlier bit where she was trying to take her panties off to change them - but once the sex started several pages later, the older lady never once complained, in fact she seemed to enjoy it all - and didn't seem to regret it after either.

I see what you mean but since she never protests during the sex scene - and has bubbles with hearts in, and shares a willing kiss at the end, it seems ok.

I feel like series like this are confusing people by convincing them that "stop it" doesn't actually mean stop it, when it actually TOTALLY DOES. Reminds me of all those rapists who just go "Yeah, she said no, but she was totally asking for it." Like really guys...if they say no, even once just at the beginning and even if she changes her mind by the end of it, its still rape lol.

As I pointed out but you ignored - she never once said stop it during the actual sex - if it had been rape she would not of ended with a passionate shared kiss and been fine with her at work the next day. We all know no means no in real life - it is a pointless comparison because this is a manga. You are also ignoring cultural differences where Japanese women are expected to not show enthusiasm or be seen as slutty. There are plenty of manga on here where a girl says no and stop but clearly doesn't mean it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This felt very rape-y
I'm not sure im OK with this.

Didn't really see it that way - she said to 'stop that' in the earlier bit where she was trying to take her panties off to change them - but once the sex started several pages later, the older lady never once complained, in fact she seemed to enjoy it all - and didn't seem to regret it after either.

I see what you mean but since she never protests during the sex scene - and has bubbles with hearts in, and shares a willing kiss at the end, it seems ok.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Condoms? A lot more? Is it maybe a future futanari alert?

Maybe - but doubtful - you see enough of her panties and she has nothing showing- I thought she was referring to 'Toys'

Was pretty good :)

last edited at Mar 2, 2015 9:55PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Looks like children smoking, lol

Well legally they are - but I know what you mean - I love the art style but it makes them look smaller and younger :)

They COULD be in middle school but I'd guess its high school - it never says which year, but either way she's under age.

BTW I know Japan loves vending machines but do they seriously have cigarette machines sat outside stores etc?

Strikes me as seriously dumb idea unless they only took credit cards, they'd be a huge liability for underage smoking control - unless they just don't care? They are not that common in the UK and by law have to be in adult only places like pubs - and if you can get at them (fake ID etc) you could buy cigs in a shop just as easily.

But that aside I love this manga - extremely cute :) At the end I wanted her to tease her even more tho, by sucking that lolly erotically then sticking it back in the other girls mouth :)

last edited at Mar 2, 2015 8:19PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was both a bit moving and quite ero :) But I generally hate it when it was all a dream - or worse, a manga the characters drew and were reading- very annoying.

But because it was revealed as it went so we knew it was about azunyan having dirty dreams, instead of just at the end it was a lot better.. And there were some very nice panels-

OMG I'd pay good money for a full page HQ colour of the 2nd panel on page 6.

elevown
Image Comments 28 Feb 10:22
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Its been quite a while since I saw it but er, who is Arisa? She isn't in muse - got no memory of her.

elevown
Image Comments 28 Feb 10:15
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
47127138_p1

My friends dog ate a big bar of chocolate and was very ill & went vets etc but it didn't die - so I'd say yeah, it's poisonous to them but they probably have to eat quite a lot to die.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This was a fun read but I kind of kept getting mixed signals with Miyamae-san. Like is she actually being kind and considerate or is she just shallow? Could someone help me on this one?

I didn't get her being shallow at all - where did you see that?? Remember she is in love with Uno from the start- and she looks like she does sans make-up. If Miyamae was shallow she would have only fallen for the 'made up' version.

We also saw when Uno simply removed her glasses Miyamae was very effected by her beauty. And when Miyamae san goes home and thinks she wants Uno to know the joy of becoming beautiful - (extra beautiful) through make up - which is hardly a surprising attitude from a make-up sales girl who obviously loves cosmetics.

And Uno did have an actual hang up about looking beautiful and hid her face because of a past incident.

So, the simple fact that Miyamae san was in love with her from the start as she normally looks, means how can you see it as shallow?

elevown
UNI+ discussion 28 Feb 03:21
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I only like Nico paired with Maki - but I enjoyed this a lot because it was sweet and didn't really seem very yuri - more like friendship / support / admiration etc not romantic.

And as such I can like it :)

elevown
Image Comments 27 Feb 07:08
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Byoblzwimaensyn.png%20large

That was cute :) Btw I've always assumed that her trademark 'harasho' is meaningless exclamation?

elevown
Image Comments 27 Feb 07:03
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I like it but I have to say without the text or tags I wouldn't of known who it was mean to be. But I do love girlfriends :) I own to books but have to say I like the original fan translation a lot better.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yup- it was good but I just was gonna say myself wheres the last page lol?

elevown
Image Comments 24 Feb 02:17
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tumblr_njuwzcedvw1ra3h5lo2_r1_1280

Yup it was too short - but still very good :) And this pic is cute!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Were the bits in Russian script that way in the original ?

Hi! I'm the translator, and yes, the Russian in the speech bubbles was untouched from the original. There was no katakana, only a translation into Japanese.

Thanks for answering that :) I thought it was probably like that - I still think it would be best if the mangaka's did some subscript katakana pronunciations in cases where they use foreign alphabets but you don't often see it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

As for the Russian, it's a translator discretion thing, and personally I agree with their choices. It helps us read it in much the same way natives speakers do when reading in Japanese. Alphabets are difficult things, to work with, and the more you fudge with them in translation the harder it gets to accurately depict the pronunciation, and at an even deeper level the etymology gets lost a bit too. Sooo, for a general audience, leaving them as is is best I think.

I think I wasn't clear - or you'd not have mentioned it helps us read it the same way as native Japanese do, or etymology - they don't enter in to what I meant.

I don't know what the translators have added or changed but I'm suggesting the original would've been better written like-
большое спасибо (the Russian text) then in small besides it, ボルショイエ・スパシボー or something similar - they still don't know what that means unless they happen to know the Russian words - and replace that in our translated version with 'bol'shoye spasibo'. Then, if you wish your readers to know what she is actually saying - the original would include どうも有難う in bigger font beside it - and our translated version 'thank you so much' or whatever.

All I'm endorsing is whenever a manga wants to use words from a foreign language that are written in an alphabet the readers can't even pronounce because they don't know the letters - even if you aren't going to give a translation of the word because the other characters in the scene don't know what's being said either- you should STILL write a - basically a 'sound effect' of the word if you will - so we 'hear' what the people in the scene heard too- and like them we won't know what it means but might at least think, 'that sounded Russian'.

Without that pronunciation sub script, we don't have any idea what words she actually spoke- just their meaning, and I want to be able to 'hear' those Russian words, and I can't if I have no clue of what was said.

I hope that was clearer.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Were the bits in Russian script that way in the original ? If so I think writing the sound as close as possible in Katakana would of worked better - at least as a subscript to the Russian (with the translation still by its side obviously) - if it wasn't in Russian script, the translators shouldn't of changed it to be I think.

If it was the anime or we were there in person, we would hear whatever she said - the sounds - even if we didn't understand it. But as it is, unless you know the Russian alphabet and how its pronounced, you can't even sound it out - that last Russian word on page 13 for example is 'spasibo' - lots of people probably know that word, but wouldn't recognize it in Russian script.

Like the Russian on page 8 - you are given the translation, 'delicious' - but I still want to know what came out of her mouth - but have no clue how to say those letters.

Other than that I did actually like it :)

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 2:14AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

These were the first pairing I came to read for sailor moon - I came to like most of the other pairing more - mainly Ami x Makato, Rei x Usagi, Minako x Makato or Rei - I still remember them fondly :) In fact along with Sakura x Tomoyo, they are probably about the earliest anmie yuri paring I ever read.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wish there were more Hidamari Sketch doujins.

Me too.. And I wish the characters didn't act totally OOC in them, or have magic breasts that get 4x bigger when you stripped.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is one of the few artists who draws characters with overly-voluptuous bodies that I like. Fantastic coloring job as well.

I'm more the opposite - Though I like the colouring work this overly voluptuous style seems dumb to me on teenage girls - they look like they are mothers in their 30s once the clothes come off. The real characters bodies are nothing like this either so it looks like someone shopped their heads into a H manga.

last edited at Feb 19, 2015 7:41AM

elevown
Image Comments 15 Feb 03:04
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
B9t9pl8cqaa_obt

Muscular (thicker) is the least issue- its much too long - especially the upper arm - just compare how low the elbow is to her left elbow - if she straightened it it would be at her belt level - way lower than the other.

Also - there are plenty of self taught artists who can draw figures amazingly well and accurate I'm sure - but the opposite isn't gonna be true very often is it? If you HAVE had formal art training, (beyond compulsory high school level) which would include learning how to draw figures - its a safe bet you wont make simple proportion mistakes.

last edited at Feb 15, 2015 3:21AM

elevown
Image Comments 14 Feb 15:09
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
B9t9pl8cqaa_obt

^ Tons of mangaka seem to be real bad at keeping bodies, especially limbs, in proportion or correct for perspective - I'd assume they are ones who never had formal art lessons on drawing people.

last edited at Feb 14, 2015 3:12PM

elevown
Image Comments 10 Feb 23:55
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
5ace08346ffd7e1f2cfdd6abae55b97e

Nice picture, but I dont think it benefits any from the animal ears.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Typical ending from typical princess story. Why do the author think to nearly commit suicide is good for dramatic purposes? I hate suicidal mind/act, life is precious to throw it away.

It really ISNT very common - i can think of maybe 2 or 3 other stories that have done that over the years. Also I'd ague she wasn't planning on suicide to start with - she was thinking she wouldn't have to wait for her Senpai now since it was late - you'd not be thinking that if you were planning suicide..

Then what she did, running to the roof, was a spur of the moment shock thing - after senpai awoke to her kiss - if she would really have jumped THEN is debatable - she was more running from her than anything.

Climbing over the rails was pretty serious, but on the flip side she thought 'the magic would end' and 'her precious memories would be shattered' if she told Senpai the truth - would you care or think that if you knew you'd be dead in a few seconds? You'd have no memories to shatter - so those thoughts make no sense if she was serious..

Its hardly conclusive - but i think a good argument can be made that she was never really gonna do it- she was just distraught and trying to run from it.

Also- the story was completely and utterly the opposite of a typical princess story lol - that was its whole point- learning that she didn't need a prince. Princesses also never try to kill themselves in stories lol - they marry the prince..(not another princess)

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 11:34PM