Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
ReMy Heart discussion 20 Apr 08:20
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thought I'd read it before. Still good though :) Got to say I don't totally get it though. If Alice returns her feelings why did she slap her when she confessed, and what exactly did Yukari have to do with it?

edit-

Ok I read Nezchans take in the other thread - I guess that would make some sense but not totally. How did Alice know to look for Yukari, and why think she had done something? She thought Marisa returned her feelings from the start right? So why suspect something wierd?

But I do love cloud pallets art :)

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 8:30AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It really is an entertaining series. I'm usually not that thrilled by lolis, but this one is hilarious.

I like that the author still has untapped material : all the "real magic" stuff, getting Mahiru a girlfriend, the two stalker girls... it could go on for a while...

Except from what I read its already finished - we have only 5 chapters left from what I heard.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/happy_end

So cruel.

Lol yup - dont read that one! Is that a troll or did any yuri fan actually like it?

Here are 3 more quite big and popular ones to add tho

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_secret_recipe
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_princesss_mirror
(both Morinaga milk tho not on girlfriends level)

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/twin_cake

last edited at Apr 14, 2015 9:20PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/sasameki_koto
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/gokujou_drops
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/shoujo_holic

There are a few of the major finished series I really like that wasn't mentioned yet.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Not a fan of Mitsuki really - the series would of been better if she was in it less - she just got in their way.

elevown
Image Comments 12 Apr 11:49
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
46391062_p0

^ Sappho was given the unofficial title the 'tenth muse' - but I guess they'd not want to bring that up lol.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

LOL - That was damn quick - both spot on! Many thanks to both of you :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

After multiple tag searches I've given up on finding 2 yuri one-shot manga - Hopefully a vague description will ring a bell with someone..

!st - There are 2 schoolgirl friends, one is in love with the other and always telling her so, but her friend thinks she is just saying it / not serious etc - till she gets confessed to by a guy and her friend chases him off then gets really mad and says she hates her and runs off.

The story didn't go as far as them hooking up - just her friend realising she was serious.

2nd - There is a school 'prince' type girl - best at everything, does everything etc - some girl asks to go out with her & she agrees - the girl admonishes her several times to take better care of herself, seeing her taking on too much work.

The prince type says they should break up because a friends comment makes her think the girl is just another 'prince' groupie who doesn't see the true her - but then she collapses from overworking & in the infirmary her x gf yells at her for being an idiot & trying to live up to her image - and realizes this girl never saw the 'prince' and begs her to go back out with her.

I've looked and looked but can't find them - I'm sure they are on here.

last edited at Apr 9, 2015 1:44PM

elevown
Image Comments 05 Apr 14:26
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Futari%20beya

TBH I guess I don't know how many countries outside US use it, I assumed it wasn't really international but you know the thing about assumptions :) - we certainly don't here in the UK- like in japan we say 1st 2nd and 3rd year of middle or high school.

elevown
Image Comments 05 Apr 12:58
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Futari%20beya

Ok. Well, 1st year, high- schooler would fit - tho i'll agree breaking words up across lines isn't as elegant.
But if you say stuff only americans understand, it means we have to stop reading and go google it, which kinda breaks the flow.
I thought they were middle schoolers till I checked it. Not that its a big deal.

last edited at Apr 5, 2015 12:59PM

elevown
Image Comments 05 Apr 08:05
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Futari%20beya

Looks promising. I wish they'd translate it as she is a 1st year in high school though - 10th grade is an american thing.

last edited at Apr 5, 2015 8:06AM

elevown
Their Story discussion 04 Apr 09:44
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Based on Qiu Tong's reactions to Sun Jin, I think SHE was already aware of her preference.

Zensunni, you raise some good points but I'm fairly sure she doesn't suspect anything romantic yet - even IF she is developing romantic feelings already, it seems all she knows is she really likes this new friend she has made.

I would point out in the convenience store scene when Qiu tong gets doki doki - she thinks ......? She doesn't understand at all why Sun jing's smile made her heart race.

It might of been obvious to an observer, but not to her yet. She has probably never considered another girl in a romantic context before, so she wouldn't understand her reaction right away.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 9:45AM

elevown
Their Story discussion 04 Apr 09:29
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^pay more attention to the butt staring.

She could also have simply noticed the opportunity to play the prank and not been staring.

But either way it doesn't matter - I can except it was equally driven by her liking girls as it was the prank.

I do agree it seems sure she knows by story start she likes girls - she isn't fooling herself she is straight but just loves this one girl. She and her friends seemed to accept it pretty easily - it doesn't always have to be a big deal.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 9:34AM

elevown
Their Story discussion 04 Apr 09:09
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^disagree she obviously like girls
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_11172014_update

And Maus etc & others comments - her coming out to mop head is a flashback - by the time the story starts she DOES know she likes girls, as do some / all her friends (the whole school?), and it wasn't a big deal to them obviously - and she seems to have easily excepted it herself.

And that grope scene on page one COULD be in part inspired by her liking girls, but it was mainly a prank on Mop head - a straight girl could also easily do that.

So at the point the story starts she and her friend/s have known she was gay like a few weeks or a few months or something.
(Depending how far through the year we are and when they first bumped into each other / how long her just watching her but not approaching lasted / how long before page one that coming out was.)

If you guess the time of year and know the Chinese school year, you could guestimate better.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 9:26AM

elevown
Their Story discussion 04 Apr 08:52
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is Sun Jing 14 years old...?

It seems they are all in their 1st year of high school - so that makes them 15 or 16 depending on when their birthdays fall ofcourse.

But Qiu tong (her friend too I'd assume) are 2nd years I seem to remember it saying so they are 16 or 17.

elevown
Their Story discussion 04 Apr 01:37
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ara, i thought Sun Jing already knew her feelings for that pretty blonde?

ANYWAYS, SOOO LOVELYYYY~ >~<

Page 5 and 7 are flash back - page 5 is set first, before the story started, showing how they met.

Page 6 might be a minor flashback, but probably isn't, its clearly set after they got to know each others names at least, so it must be set from the 5th update to the current time.

Then page 7 Is set further back again, after some weeks or whatever of her just watching Qiu tong before the story started, since we see Sun jing come out to mop head, and in chapter 1 we see he already knew she liked girls. (Also she is still riding her bike which page 6 tells us she has stopped since getting to know her - and can ride right past her unknown).
She spent those weeks falling for her, and realised she liked girls. Then however long from coming out to mop head till the story starts and her deciding to go for it and approach Qiu tong.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 9:25AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I forgot this was still being worked.

Me too, i don't remember anything, need to read everything again, shame they're not also translating Choir anymore.

Yup- I understood why, but it's a shame no other group picked it up.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for another chapter :) How many are left?

Not much actual story in this one, and the tone seemed a bit different - the headmaster is also a much bigger perv than he was in the anime.

It will be nice to see Ichino & Ayla make it to the satellite - I wonder if Ayla has actually changed due to chapter 5? It would be a bit sad to have her get up to her old tricks up there character dev wise.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

shouldnt this has lolicon tag?

Just what I was about to comment :)

I know these characters arn't actually loli but they sure are drawn it in this doujin, so maybe a loli tag would be good.

That aside, its very well drawn and actually pretty erotic- and a lot of doujins that are trying to be just arn't, like that lesfes thing was full of ero images but was a total fail at being erotic imo.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 2:08AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Cute, but tiny! even zoomed in all the way I got eye strain lol

Did you remember to use the resize button? It was comfortably large for me when resized without zooming in?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, are both weapons but don't transform at the same time, so that suggests that they can choose not to. But that's just speculation on my part

In any show i've seen with this kinda premise, you have the 'users' who have the ability to activate & use them, (almost always guys before from what i've seen) and then girls who become the weapons.

Having both users and wepons as girls is a first (bar an odd exception), but I think it will still be the same idea. Just as guess though. And I hope they CAN control if they change of not when kissed by their 'user' - it will be a bit limiting if not.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Mine, as most here will probably recognise, is from Sakura trick..

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 4:37PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Looks kinda fun though if its by the Senran guy I'll expect mostly just fan service with minor romance bits but nothing too substantial.

One thing though - it would be kinda hard to be one of the sword girls lovers - no kissing or she turns into a sword?
That would suck - unless they have a method to kiss that DOSNT trigger it?
If they don't it means no real kissing involving these pairs in the anime/game/doujins except to transform :(

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 4:45AM

elevown
Their Story discussion 17 Mar 13:04
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow - the art, background detail, all coloured, is way better than you normally get. You get used to doujins with very little background detail half the time - and the author seems to work fast too! Very impressed.

I love the content too of-course - very funny with really great characters, even the minor ones, and really cute interactions between the leads already:) Qiu is already getting doki doki? even though she didn't get why it bodes well :)

Mophead sure doesn't have much luck does he lol? A very funny and good looking guy in a yuri manga who clearly isn't ANY threat to the yuri romance for once!

There are several obvious typos / spelling mistakes though..

last edited at Mar 17, 2015 2:32PM

elevown
Kase-san discussion 16 Mar 15:11
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

i'm sCREAMING THIS IS CUTE KASE AND YAMADA MUST ARE THE GAYEST FLUFFIEST CUTIES EVER WE MUST PROTECT THEM AT ALL COSTS

They have my sword

And my bow!

And MY Axe!