Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Image Comments 04 Sep 10:03
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
52171693_p12

^ Yup which is why I wondered why the cuff is black - I know she is the black white, but still - if white or bare is the norm - which is why i wondered if the ring was something significant that big touhou buffs would recognise.

Actually now that I look at it - is that an actual 4 leaf clover - ring? I thought it was jewelry - but maybe its fan pic of a doujin where Alice puts a clover ring on her? That kinda seems familiar..

elevown
Image Comments 04 Sep 09:13
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
52171693_p12

Its easy to recognise Alice but how do you know that's Marisa? I don't recognise the ring - and arn't her arms often bare? Or she wears a white wrist band?

elevown
Breasts discussion 30 Aug 07:06
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It was fun but - since when has Reimu or Marisa ever called Sakuya senpai?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Suggested no text tag - I'll add this to my tiny list of no text manga that actually didn't need any - (I think this will be no. 2!)

Was good :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Personally, my issue with tv tropes is that they try too hard to make every little thing fit their "definitions". And that people take those way too seriously, waving those tropes around as if they were academical facts.

and they erased sono hanabira and kodomo no jikan from their site, well it's obviously a blessing in disguise but still it proves that they're wussies

Why is erasing sono hana from it's site good? I think most people here like the series - if not all, at least some of them.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So its just a cinema release so far? When will we get the dvd?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ There's a LL movie!? hasn't it been subbed yet? I've heard nothing about it?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What is aa live referring to?

elevown
Their Story discussion 03 Aug 15:20
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That sure was a cliff hanger - I assume a ball came through the window or something?

I love all the characters interactions in this manga - they really seem realistic and natural.

Btw are the translations more or less up to date or are the releases a lot in front?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for another great chapter comet :) I still really enjoy this - even if they don't seem any closer to progressing in terms of yuri, it's a lot of fun - unlike some of the others It doesn't feel stagnant or dragging to me. I'd say it's in my top 5 ongoing manga.

To the scanlators - you have a typo on page 9, panel 4 - it should be real not read.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 1:30PM

elevown
Image Comments 29 Jul 13:11
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
27695958_p0

I assume they have no particular subtext in the show?

elevown
Image Comments 29 Jul 12:10
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
28652799_p0

I thought it was Honoka and Umi at first.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I liked this but I do think that kinda relationship isn't healthy in the long run - (though just because Maki is on the bottom and we don't see her reciprocate doesn't mean she NEVER does anything for Nico).

Even if they proffer those roles - I'd assume after a while & they get more comfortable it would even out more.

On the shipping war stuff - I don't remotely understand how thread posts have any baring on actual characters - if i love a pairing and saw lots of annoying posts excessively ranting their support - it wouldn't impact the things that made me like that couple? I would just dislike the annoying posts in question.

That said - when there is a clear and great pairing and then you see a doujin of a pairing setting them with others - that they probably hardly even spoke to - it makes no sense to me. You might as well pair them with darth vader.

But I'm not gonna go into those threads to slag the stories off - any pairings I don't like or get - I don't click those stories so its not a problem then. I might make the odd joke but to each their own.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was sweet :) I already knew the moon thingy - I'm assuming they don't do that nowadays? I know you hear they still don't outright say i love you much (just guys don't?) but is it more an older generations thing only?

The younger people in anime / manga seem to have no problem saying i love you - I know anime is different to RL Japan lol - but you'd think it would reflect the readers / society to some degree on things like language use and social interactions?

last edited at Jul 28, 2015 11:50PM

elevown
Image Comments 25 Jul 23:08
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Aousagi1

Lol :) I don't think Marisa is too bothered that backfired!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ending was great :)

elevown
Image Comments 13 Jul 00:46
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
47704399_p0

Its a shame there are no good doujins or fanfic for this pairing :( Sanae is played too OTT for comedy in the anime to ever see any serious developments - but sometimes you see her real none exaggerated character and I feel sorry for her. I think a calmed down less extreme Sanae could be a very good loving girlfriend for squid girl.

And she is very cute & pretty sexy imo!

last edited at Oct 6, 2018 10:42PM

elevown
Image Comments 10 Jul 04:29
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tumblr_nr8fce7f6c1uq1ik1o1_1280

Just in-case the translator sees this the last bubble is wrong - it should be 'everyone is such an idiot! or 'you are all such idiots!'

You can't use 'are' with 'everyone' because it's a singular pronoun - even though it refers to multiple people, it lumps them into one entity as it were.

last edited at Sep 7, 2016 2:31AM

elevown
Image Comments 10 Jul 04:15
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
43505111_p50

^^^ iHasRainbows - It kinda looks like they do but it isn't drawn wrong if their hands were crossed in front of their own bodies. Though its kind of a weird pose to press together like that - its ok for the one holding the flowers - (Nico?) but the other would have their hands up on the others waist or arms I think to look natural.

last edited at Jul 10, 2015 4:17AM

elevown
Image Comments 10 Jul 04:03
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
49776245_p26

^^^ LOL Chantelune :)

Nice pic btw!

elevown
Image Comments 10 Jul 03:56
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tumblr_nr8fce7f6c1uq1ik1o2_r1_1280

LOL :) Lets all wind up Nico!

elevown
Image Comments 09 Jul 09:10
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
A025ab9a2c

^Dont suppose anyone is working on translating those vn's?

elevown
Image Comments 09 Jul 08:54
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
B8h0gklcaaivzhj.jpg%20large

^ Yeah she is wheelchair bound most of the show - from the start, permanently as far as they know - but it came about due to specific reasons related to the shows magic that you find out about eventually & recovers later.

As for your hidden question - I know what you mean - I really like her character & wouldn't want her to not recover - but there is a certain visual & emotional appeal to the wheelchair bound images - & wheelchair + yuri must be unique.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 8:56AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

One thing I thought from the show is Maki seemed to love song writing & not to want to go into her parents hospital - I'm not sure she would do it - or if she had any pressure to. Also her parents own it/run it right? If they wanted her to take over, wouldn't she be in management? A doctor isn't gonna know the first thing about running the place.

elevown
Image Comments 06 Jul 03:45
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tumblr_npmyqlenjq1uq1ik1o1_1280

My Japanese sucks - does that writing at the bottom say 6/9 Nozomi-chan - happy birthday? From what I can make out it seems to. If so then I missed the joke at first - the position is due to Nozomi's 69 birthday date lol?

I checked - her birthday IS listed as 9th of June :)

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 3:50AM