Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Image Comments 13 Mar 22:39
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[chi%20gura-ya]%2061564463_p1

^ Lol- shoulda seen those comments coming :) If I meant THOSE lips I wouldn't have said 'for starters'!

elevown
Image Comments 12 Mar 21:03
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[chi%20gura-ya]%2061564463_p1

You can lick anywhere - but I'd recommend her lips :) at least for starters.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Mimika's blood pressure must be astronomical. I genuinely fear for her health.

I get what you mean though I wouldn't say 'literally' - a 16 year old doesn't need to worry about high blood pressure - but certainly Mimika can't keep on being so stressed and worked up about it for very long!

I mean does anyone think she can hold out in that state for like 5 years or whatever lol?

My guess is within a few chapters the author will have a resolution to her problem - like Yuzu lets her have some degree of physical intimacy - maybe kissing - or even just hugging/holding her whenever she likes would work well imo to calm Mimika down by getting close.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So no outright yuri - is there much / any yuri subtext, flirting etc?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

At first it felt like a couple of one-off jokes being played for laughs, but Mimika's self-harmful behaviors seem to be recurring and escalating in a disconcerting way...

I don't see it that way at all - the author is just showing / emphasizing how much Mimika wants her and how she is having a hard time resisting.

I wouldn't call digging her nails into her leg to cause pain and snap herself out of it 'self harm' - she wasn't trying to cause herself 'harm' specifically - it wasn't the goal - or done out of lack of self worth or self hatred etc but because she was in a very specific situation and wanted to regain control - like a person might slap their face or splash water in it etc.

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 11:16AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

If someone could give a hot take on the last few pages, I'd appreciate it. Did the shoulder grab actually happen, or...

On looking, if you mean the thing on page 11 - I think page 11 and 12 only, may have been showing what Mimika ALMOST did - i.e grab her shoulder and pull her in for a kiss - but she resisted the urge.

But it is possible that really happened and she stopped herself before kissing her - and the next panel jumps to after she has slumped back onto the door and let go her shoulder.

I'm not positive which is the case, but the 'rush' lines around the edges of panel 1 on page 13 seem to be like - BAM - sudden! back to reality? Where if Mimika had collapsed back, SHE should have some motion lines and the ones around the border don't seem a very good way to show that.

Though it seems a bit strange to 'imagine' or see what she 'almost' did - also be 'resisted' - wouldn't it have shown an actual kiss? then BAM - panel 1 page 13 to jump back to reality? Seems odd show like, 'whew, thank god, I almost ALMOST kissed her'? she would be resisting kissing her not resisting 'nearly' kissing.

But maybe that is easily explained by the author wanting to show her desire and her resisting but not wanting to show a kiss yet - not even an obscured imaginary one?

So page 11 and 12 happened or not - I can't decide lol - maybe it's 60 40 in favour of imagined..?

She stopped herself either way - but assuming 11 and 12 didn't happen, then she has a bit more control of herself is all.

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 8:53AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Lol - Mimika has it tough :) Yuzu needs to put her out of her misery soon and maybe allow kissing before Mimika explodes from keeping it all in lol!

I liked how Yuzumori picked up right away that Mimika was avoiding looking directly at her too much and confronted her.
It also seemed to me clear now that Shi chan is NOT a rival of Yuzu..

The last 2 pages switched to Yuzumori's thoughts, even though the rest of the chapter was Mimikas thoughts right? I was a bit confused.

And if so - why do you think she thought - 'ah, I really do like Mimika' then?

To me it seemed after seeing Mimika had dug her nails into her legs, and her expression, she realised how much Mimika wanted to kiss her or whatever, but was willing to go to those lengths to stop herself for Yuzu's sake - which showed how much Mimika cares for her - and made Yuzu realise it too?

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 3:29AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ I've posted about that very thing before in some cat girl story - it often just seems like slavery if it is a whole species and - institutionalized legal slavery - I'd hope the human race is past that.. You see it in many cat girl settings like nekko para - or even robots like chobits. The fact they are not human doesn't help - they are sentient.

And even if they are protected under law and treated well it still is wrong.

The story itself is very cute and nice though - and there isn't enough details on the beastkin situation to really judge it - when it says only strictly approved ones can intergrate and get a master - maybe they are put forward by their parents because being integrated is the best 'job' for then long term? i.e good education and long term guaranteed job? Lets assume ones who are not good enough or fail stay with their parents.

I assume 'master' is in the victorian sense too - though the master chooses or is found for them, that's about how it was for servants back then - and typically would stay with one household all their life. We also don't know if they are free to leave if they like - which really would make it 'servant' not slave.

Soo - lets just say I wouldn't write the world setup like that - and I'll try to assume it in the best light possible so it doesn't ruin such a good cute story.

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 1:43AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/secret_yuri_salon#10

What's the SFX/onomatopoeia in that first panel near Tsukino's chair?

Am I right in thinking it's something close to "throb throb"?

For moji moji I think - hesitantly; fidgety; restlessly; squirming; wriggling ?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^LOL no wonder I couldn't find it - many thanks :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm trying to track down a Touhou comedy (4koma?) - It Is mostly a Meiling doujin - probably not yuri and I don't remember much so I've not much hope anyone knows it - but Meiling brings a cat / kitten to the SDM - though it sounds like it is NOT the doujin 'Meiling and a Kitten'.

In this one Remi says she can't keep it - seems to have a cat phobia / dislike? Meiling gets rebellious / tries to convince her etc? Don't remember much more except the cat keeps jumping onto Remi's face like a face hugger lol - I remember the cat gets blown clear over the SDM to land right on Remi at one point. At the end she lets Meiling keep it in her guard outpost.

last edited at Mar 10, 2017 9:48PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

pg 21 "the power defend myself" (to defend)
pg 29 "I am a person will not die" (that will not die)

? Those aren't there.

I guess someone updated it? I saw them too the other day but now they are gone.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow - that was 115 pages of wonderful :)

Don't think I've seen these 2 paired before but it worked very well.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This ship seems pretty popular, but if so what's with all these mangaka just having nothing much develop ever? not one story so far actually has a kiss or confession - they are all wishful thinking and 'i like her soo much' and then nothing happens?

Is it because it's Nintendo and they think if they don't keep it 'safe' they will come after them or something?

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 8:33PM

elevown
Image Comments 03 Mar 00:00
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[5tb]%20832217927717785600

Lol - calling her an inept lesbian is pretty harsh - she is only like 10 or something - give the girl a chance to get some experience - presumably with Kanna :)

last edited at Mar 3, 2017 12:01AM

elevown
Image Comments 01 Mar 11:39
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[aoshima]%2058855116

^ Yup :) Not sure if in cannon Sakuya can share stopped time with others - so my guess is Sakuya stopped time then dressed both of them - which is why Meiling is all confused to what happened in the last pannel :)

And lord-of-roses - take care of that twitching Asian is indeed a very funny turn of phrase lol.

last edited at Mar 1, 2017 11:42AM

elevown
Image Comments 24 Feb 03:06
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61591190_p1

She actually said dragons can live longer than planets as apposed to a specific time period so it wasn't exaggerating a number but a statement. Like you said I guess they are immortal (from an age perspective) and on a similar power level to the gods of that world. I mean Lucoa WAS a godess.

I'm fairly sure even the manga won't really go into this stuff TOO much - will probably not really find out all about the war etc, and it will end with them all still living on earth. Given how short humans live by comparison, on a human timescale I bet the war moves VERY slowly - and it dosn't seem to be that sort of manga.

As for Tooru's power level - one thing to remember is she is still quite badly wounded. One of the things she was worried might make her return was fully recovering. They haven't really mentioned it in the anime bar her holding her side once or twice. I bet She would have dealt with Elma easier otherwise. Also in that fight she was hampered by being in a human city and trying not to get people killed while Elma didn't seem to care.

elevown
Image Comments 23 Feb 18:44
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61591190_p1

I wouldn't be surprised if Tooru is Millions of years old because in the manga Tooru says dragons can live for 'billions' of years- could outlive our very planet. Also - how long modern humans or mankind full-stop has existed has no baring on how old a dragon might be?

I also got the impression she is one of the stronger dragons on the chaos side in their war - so her being so strong, and also I'm thinking there's no particular likely-hood she is still in the first 0.0000001% of her lifespan or whatever - makes me guess she is a lot older than you might think.

last edited at Feb 23, 2017 6:47PM

elevown
Image Comments 23 Feb 08:39
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61591190_p1

Technology progress is too slow though to make a big difference within a lifetime. Sure better med and care etc maybe Saikawa's generation will have 10 or 20 years extra - but that's about it. I read recently average lifespans are expected to be over 90 by 2030 - so It's not like she is suddenly gonna live to 1000.

Sure some out of nowhere anti aging tech may pop up but how likely is that? Beyond saying very unlikely who can say when there has been no such similar things and no reason to expect it soon.

And even if she lived to be 1000 or 10,000 the dragons will still vastly outlive her - so face the same thing later down the line.. Though I'm sure they'd rather 1000 years together than 100!

I think Tooru is millions of years old - even Kana might be and still be child by dragon terms.

last edited at Feb 23, 2017 8:43AM

elevown
Image Comments 23 Feb 05:59
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61591190_p1

A dragon might not be able to make a human long lived - or maybe just Tooru dosn't know that kind of magic? It also might be possible for humans from her world to extend life - it is a fantasy world full of very powerful magic wielding humans after all.

But the dragons will still vastly outlive their human friends even if you extended their lives. But they could spend a very happy humans life worth of time together at least.

elevown
Rainbow discussion 21 Feb 05:29
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

its nice but how to remi and flan were under the sun?

Well, they're vampires, so their power gets weakened under sunlight. But it isn't like they needed it here, is it?

True - but flowing water is as bad for them (including rain).

But generally the scarlet sisters are shown to be fine outside with just a parasol - which doesn't block that much sun - and even without any protection being from fine to mildly crispy - but nothing that would really slow them down - I guess they are just such powerful vampires even their weaknesses can't keep them down in the short term.

Anyways - a nice touhou I just found :) Surprisingly not held back by lack of text.

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 5:30AM

elevown
Image Comments 21 Feb 02:55
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That isn't her mouth Nez she is eating a giant cookie! Not sure why Meling gets a flower in her mouth but Sakuya a cookie tho lol.

Edit - Noting the first comments date, I'm guessing now this was a valentines picture - so I guess the cookie was from Meiling?

The thing I like best is the SDM - I've never seen it look LESS ominous lol.

edit 2

On 2nd look maybe it is her mouth - in which case it is extremely weirdly drawn lol!

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 11:48AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think the furthest back yuri in an anime I remember seeing was CCS - but ofcourse Tomoyo's feelings were always one-sided.

I bet If it had been made nowadays they would of done more with the yuri subtext or showing of her feelings etc.

And I agree with the earlier poster - there is far more yuri /subtext in anime and manga than there was 10-15 years ago. Most notably in anime - and it is also more normalized.

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 2:39AM

elevown
Anime season 16 Feb 18:18
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

elevown posted:

I wonder what Kana wanted to do to Saikawa - is it possible to lip read her? I guess kiss?

Nah, she just wanted to do her.

I was party basing my guess off the manga - 'Kiss' can fit as easily as 'do' under the scribbled out bit. Either is as likely - except don't you think Kana seems to be making kind of a 'kissy face' there in the manga?

elevown
Anime season 16 Feb 18:02
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I wonder what Kana wanted to do to Saikawa - is it possible to lip read her? I guess kiss?

And I loved that Saikawa said she wanted to marry Kana :)

p.s Kana's 'ame ame ame' rain dance near the end was one of the the cutest things I've ever seen :)