Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

HAYDEE looks hardcore.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

True. I think many ppl in the movies/TV/anime communities have a tendency of mistaking something that is well received for being something that is "objectively" good instead of just seeing it as the general consensus of "good".

I meant more like, there are "objective" ways to examine things like craft, pace, writing, story-telling etc. so even if you don't agree, you can prove something is good or bad. But as Digi said all those rules were establish by experts in the fields agreeing what is and isn't good, so in no way it is actually objective. It is just consensus of what make good art, story, movie etc. that will be liked by most. But in reality all of it is just a personal opinion. We have a saying here "you don't discuss your tastes" which often is seen as just running away, but there is truth in it. Everyone has different taste so agreeing on things can be often hard.

I've never really watched any of Gigguk's reviews tbh, although from what I've heard before his way of reviewing seems to be rather balanced in a way that doesn't show any kind of bias.

I mostly liked them because he do jokes and doesn't take the whole reviewing thing too seriously. I can't say he is not biased, rather tries to find some good and bad sides and not give any ultimate judgment (from what I remember/saw). Honestly I just found few his reviews/videos I saw more funny and entertaining than helpful. I rarely watch reviews to actually know if something is good or bad, especially since most of the time I don't plan to see reviewed stuff anyway.

Anon99 posted:

Maybe we should start writing funeral speeches ^^
Most of those suck ass. Not personal at all. Too superficial and shallow.... No wonder people are always crying ;)

Didn't expect you to go for black comedy xD

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

UlquiorraSchiffer1 posted:

I know there is another yuri like this where girl pretend to weather girl but that manga is school one. But this manga has hunger games like. ....games.

I'm pretty sure this one is this

As for other one. It was on dynasty? I checked the stuff tagged with vampire (wasn't much of it) and nothing seems to fit. There was one story I saw long ago, that your description remind me off, but I only read like 2-3 chapters and it wasn't manga. I won't give direct link, since forum rules, but you should find it easily if that indeed is what you read.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Krugger posted:

Protag reminda me of Shino from Kin'iro.
Hair, odd obsessions, etc.

She's like Shino if Shino were even more open about her obsessions. And if Alice was more deadpan and straight-laced.

Exactly this

I wonder if the overly observant friend will be Yoko and we might get Ayaya later

Or we can just enjoy characters and series as its own thing.

lango posted:

I love how Sophie treat blood like we treat beverages. So many ways to drink it!
Also, doesn't microwaving blood destroy the blood cells?

I don't know what exactly will happen if blood is microwaved, but I think it might be related to food sanitation issue.

I honestly don't think author thought even 2 seconds about what happens to blood after heating it in microwave. It was most likely cos 1. it was funny gag 2. Sophie wanted to drink it hot and it was sitting in the fridge until now. Remember that she mentioned making blood ice creams (which is such adorable and funny idea), so I don't think sanitation or warmth is a important factor here.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

elevown posted:

Was I the only one who found it really creepy when she opened the door and she was in the bunny suit? LMAO

Lol - a bit creepy - but more.. surreal and incongruous.

Yea. It was cheesy af and in normal life, it would probably end relationship, but this is manga with manga logic so of course it works out xD. Anyway, ignoring the absurd of actually going to her in that animal costume, it was surprisingly adorable. Girl offer you regular sex? You would need to be insane to not agree xD

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

morter posted:

Okay I"m confused. Is there a (significant) age difference between Kanna and Tooru?

Because I remember Iruru being referred to as a child, and even Cool likens her to Kanna, but Iruru's apparently the same age as Tooru.

Kanna is a child. Tooru is a adult. Actually I don't remember Iruru's age being mentioned at all until this chapter, so people commenting she is a child really confused me. Now that I think about it, Tooru explained that dragon's don't just transform, but rather take on a appearance that would represent their true self (or something). Iruru seems to act more immature and childish. So maybe because of her personality, more child-like look (minus boobs) supposedly fits her more and that is reason why she looks like that. (Or more likely Cool just wanted to draw loli with big tits)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wow it is really good xD

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I liked it a lot. I really could get behind Meiko and her insecurity with not feeling anything for anyone and I liked how her character was portrayed in general. The way she was interacting with Hiro was really funny too. Also the way she snapped and started demanding answers was really good too.

About aromantic thing. I'm not fan of labels myself. To me, especially in young age, calling yourself aromantic or asexual etc. is just drawing a hard line and limiting yourself. Sure you can really feel that way, but especially as teen you can't really be sure cos your experience is really limited. And I know it annoys people, but "you just didn't meet the right person yet" is a valid argument. Imagine if you consider yourself aromantic and then you suddenly meet the person you fallen for. That would be a big hit to your identity. And honestly, call yourself what you want, but to me being asexual or demisexual or demiromantic is just being yourself. Everyone is different, and everyone experience this stuff differently. There probably could be easily as much labels as people. You don't need or put a lot emphasis on sex? Cool I don't see a issue with that way of thinking. I don't think sex is the most important thing as well. You need strong connection to experience romantic/sexual feelings? Again, everyone is different. I actually really dislike idea of love at first sight so to me building strong connection and then naturally falling for someone is how love should work and I experienced it before. Again even those labels vary from person to person and instead of focusing on them too much, people should just live the way it is natural to them.

That being said, Meiko did give me clear aromantic feel. I guess I become influenced by all the discussion going on other threads, but I really become curious to read a actual aromantic/asexual story. And this one seemed like it would actually be a proper one people so much wanted to read. I'm not really well verse in those issues so I might not understand it properly, but the way she thoughts really come as she is unable to understand the feeling of love or excitement so she felt like was as broken and tried to date all those people to see if she can fix it. That is the impression I got, cos why else she would keep on saying ok to everyone? She herself even thought that she doesn't understand it so she doesn't think too much about it. So it seems to me like a clear case of someone aromantic trying to date because that is normal thing to do and force herself to feel like everyone else. Hiro's speech did go for "you are already changing", but she also did the "I will accept you the way you are, all your worries etc." so it still kinda felt, like story could be going for end with Hiro accepting Meiko might not love her, but she will stick to her anyway. I'm not arguing w/e it is health or not for both sides. Just I felt that is what the conclusion of this story will be. I thought it would be cool if Meiko indeed was aromantic or even just asexual. But of course it turned out that Meiko realized she already fallen for Hiro, or at least become attracted to her, during confession. So she definitely isn't aromantic, but I'm cool with that, because as it was mentioned before, this story is really similar to A Violet at Zero Degrees Kelvin, which I really liked.

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 1:04PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

...he's desperately trying to put down what is objectively one of the best shows of this season.

Yea. I always liked what I liked but still thought there are shows that you can prove are good w/e you like them or not. Only watching Digi make me realize that it is always all about opinions and there is no way to objectively decided which shows are well made. At best there can be consensus that they are good (hence how cult classics comes to be) or how he liked to say it, critically acclaimed.

Only video I saw on Re:zero was this which yt suggested me and as I saw his videos before I gave it a shot. I think he strikes a good balance between giving credit and criticizing the show.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

WonderfulStride posted:

I should just write a book of nothing but the pet play fluff that my Master and I do.

I'd order it regardless where you live.

last edited at Sep 25, 2016 9:29AM

Nevri Uploader
Kase-san discussion 24 Sep 13:08
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

p3rsh1ng posted:

when/if we can get it typeset without someone dying horribly

Such stuff happens when typesetting? Ouch >_<

All the time. That is why there is such need for typesetters and it is the most dangerous part of scanlation.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

LexXxich posted:

Spoilers for how it ends. At least what I was able to glean from raws.
Hiyori falls for Akira's childhood friend, Kyosuke
Maybe that's why scanlation was abandoned?

I wanted to joke it ended in het, but yea, most likely.

last edited at Sep 24, 2016 7:45AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Chantelune posted:

Subtext ?! If so, that submarine is parked in a puddle.

Yea. I remember reading it long ago. Wasn't it full on yuri?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

majere posted:

And here go we go.......again to chapter 1.

Yup I think like you, too.

I think the story would have been way cooler if author only keep along with fluffy pet thing with some ecchi moments and plenty monemts for character development.

But instead choose it to be bulling and aaangst. Smh all my expectations turned zero.

Because it wouldn't be interesting without aaaangst and drama. How else you would keep reader engaged and wanting more?

I always want more gay pet play fluff. Like I'm seriously considering dropping this as it is because this is none of what I wanted from this series. I am reading "Her Pet" for the pet play not for the melodramatic bullying subplot.

I totally understand you. I often have some expectations for series and when it starts to go in different direction I drop it, because that is not what I wanted (I don't say it is a good habit). I was interested in series, but I'm glad I didn't jump ahead to it and only read comments cos now I know it isn't worth my time. (Also in case anyone missed it, my last comment was a sarcasm, doesn't change the fact that it seems like a lot writers thinks like that).

last edited at Sep 24, 2016 6:36AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

oliver posted:

You didn't use syllabic verse, also there's no rhyme within each line. Does this how a western poem look like?

It depends on preference. You can use both, one of them or neither and it still can count as poem. At least I was never taught this is the "western way" or anything like that.

Rina posted:

It's probably nothing that I should worry too much about but my mind can't help but imagine the worse…

I know your pain too well T__T Glad turned out everything is fine ;3

last edited at Sep 23, 2016 1:45PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

And here go we go.......again to chapter 1.

Yup I think like you, too.

I think the story would have been way cooler if author only keep along with fluffy pet thing with some ecchi moments and plenty monemts for character development.

But instead choose it to be bulling and aaangst. Smh all my expectations turned zero.

Because it wouldn't be interesting without aaaangst and drama. How else you would keep reader engaged and wanting more?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alvis posted:

why this why this why
this why this why this why this
why this why this why

Yes, I definitely can see the craft here. You should start publishing your work ;p

Rina posted:

I always start overthinking and over worrying whenever she goes offline for a while, like 2 days or so.

If that is normal for her to do, then you shouldn't. Then again I'm not one to tell you that since I worry about and overthinking everything. You have no other way to contact her?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Chantelune posted:

Won't be available again this week end. Things are getting busy for the time being, so might be hard for me to find time in the coming weeks :/

Let's put it on hold then.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Shouldn't we make it sticky thread as well since it seems to get totally lost already?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kyonne posted:

Testing some "outlined" lines similar to the faces in Madoka
Gotta say, although a bit time consuming Took like an hour to do just that this is pretty fun to mess around with

Looks nice. Good job.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Anon99 posted:

I should look into the more complex structures at some point but I'm mostly just too lazy for that...

If you mean where you count syllables etc. yea, honestly it sounds like too much pain to do. When I do them, I try to match the pace of 2 lines that rhyme which each other, but I never bothered to match syllables and definitely not between all lines. Also I just personally don't like white poems. To me poetry is all about rhymes, so I see white pomes as going easy way. That's why when I make them, rhyming properly is like point of honor to me (lol it sound so serious). Kinda like "if I can do it, all those other poets should be able to do it as well" sort of thinking I guess.

I hate poetry (probably thanks to school), but I like to mess with it from time to time. I wrote few poems as a birthday wishes to my friends.

Yeah, that's the only time when it really comes in handy – to write some funny birthday cards. Most people like it. And it's more personal than just buying one and handing it over...

Agree. I always try to incorporate as much thing as I know about person. It makes wishes much more memorable and enjoyable than most already made wishes you can find online or on cards in shops.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

You are welcome ;3

last edited at Sep 22, 2016 5:54AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

On that same note, I've to find Sakura Space soon…preferably with the unc patch.

You can buy it legally here without needing either steam or patches (unless you want to find a pirated version).

Anon
Your poems are really good. I really like that you rhyme using proper rhymes. I hate poetry (probably thanks to school), but I like to mess with it from time to time. I wrote few poems as a birthday wishes to my friends. I always try to rhyme properly. It is funny, cos I don't like poetry but I'm really strict when writing it.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

yukito posted:

You sounded reasonable, but now I see feminism influenced you too much already.

I'm so tired of hearing the you only liked it cause your a feminist and 95% of feminisim is bad, no safe spaces, free leafy 2k15 (sorry if this came off as rude I saw some stupid people near where I live you have a right to your opinion)

I didn't understand anything except for "95% of feminisim is bad". It is funny how you all seem to assume how terrible person I am when I didn't even give my opinion on anything. I was open in case someone want to actually discuss this stuff, but from comments I got it only proves what I knew. Feminism is only option and if you don't agree with it you are a scum. There is no room for discussion.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

oliver posted:

I'm not sure, but I think there are an immense number of incest stories about siblings falling for each other without one of the siblings being a perfect bf/gf material, like the authors don't even bother giving any reason to that.

Well, I said mostly. I meet that explanation a few times, that onee-chan/onii-chan is so perfect, shows me a lot attention and loves me so of course I fall in love with them, but there were works where they didn't bother and they just fallen for each other I guess. Maybe not as ideals but just as people. I still think it falls to because they are family they were closer together than with other people and become attracted to each other. Most siblings don't get along or they can get along but usually argue a lot (me and my brother used to be this way), but I guess when they do get along it increases the chances? I didn't read a whole lot incest stories actually.

As I was paying my whole attention to "What the hell is wrong with those characters' brains? Have they never been taught that common sense? Would it exist the day they realized that they were humans not animals?" sort of thing over their romantic/sex scenes, I couldn't have time to self insert myself into the situation.

Their actions make them anything but cute.

Well incest is portrayed as forbidden, wrong etc. but I just don't really care about it. Sure there are problems when you are siblings but you don't choose who you fall in love with, so why others should judge you or make problems for you because of that? And in case of yuri there is no risk of them getting pregnant so it is basically like any normal lesbian relationship. As long as they love each other genuinely who I am to decided if that is moral or not.

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 5:05PM