Forum › Posts by Faust

Faust
Cocytus discussion 17 Aug 14:04
Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

That was an abrupt end to it, feels like it should have a third part to wrap things up properly. We don't even really have Shiino's answer to the confession.

Interesting story, though.

I think we all know what her answer is. And I think Shiina felt guilty because she would like to be as strong as Kuroneko, but she isn't. That's why she want to cry, from guilt... and from happines. Even if Shiina is such a coward Kuroneko still loves her.

Fuck... she wants to cry because she can't say the same to Kuroneko ;-;
Like when she asked if they could "go all the way", without even admitting she liked her.
Words-wise, Shiina said nothing, but her actions tell a different story, which she doesn`t seem like she would admit/confess anytime soon.
"Why did you kiss me"
"I don't know"
Even when she did figure it out, she doesn't have the guts to tell her or own up to those feelings

Faust
Cocytus discussion 17 Aug 12:51
joined Sep 21, 2014

Perhaps she realises that she now holds two things dear to her, Kuroneko and social acceptance, and regardless of what her final choice is, she realises that she must part with one and that is just terrifying to her

joined Sep 21, 2014

I bet for the Bass player to be the girl they just passed by.

I win.

I was hoping for it too

Faust
Cocytus discussion 17 Aug 09:59
joined Sep 21, 2014

She feels like crying... because Kuroneko was honest with her and she could never do the same?
In a way, mc's lack of character development IS the character development, as she is completely crushed by social expectations and even when it comes to Kuroneko-san, is unable to be honest about it.
It's kinda a bittersweet ending, more bitter on mc's side anyway

joined Sep 21, 2014

Does anyone know who was the artist of Elegy Syndrome who drew this:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_yuri_elegy_syndrome_ch05#33

I'd love to see more from them

Okay, I looked over all the artists listed on this page:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_yuri_elegy_syndrome_ch05#34

And concluded that the artist who drew the image I posted about previously is Vivit Gray, also known as Shinoasa
I looked up their webpage and although most pics I foundwere all cutesy touhou doujins, the faces and the ears were most similar, so I have concluded that Vivit Gray is the artist I was looking for, if anyone else wanted to know

Okay I just scrolled through more pages and I found a drawing of the blonde, fuck yeah im really happy
http://vivit-gray.jugem.jp/?page=6

I really wanna know the story behind these two:
http://vivit-gray.jugem.jp/?page=11 (scroll down a little)

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 8:39AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Does anyone know who was the artist of Elegy Syndrome who drew this:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_yuri_elegy_syndrome_ch05#33

I'd love to see more from them

joined Sep 21, 2014

FUCK YEEEAAAAHH I knew Meguro-san was a bass player
She looks so fucking cool, I'm so fucking excited xD
Fucking badass

joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh my god

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't know, I'm having a blast so far. That girl showing up out of nowhere with her stealth chainsaw was possibly the funniest thing I've seen all week. And the madly inappropriate blushing and swooning and "Gasp! Her face is so close!" when both of them are coated in the still-warm blood of her former classmates? Wow. WOW.

Oh! Just had a thought. We may have been looking at this all wrong. See, we've been making comparisons to Battle Royale and all that stuff, for obvious reasons, but what if that's not it at all? What if the frame of reference here isn't Battle Royale, or even Dangan Ronpa? What if the frame of reference here is Tokyo Gore Police? Or Meatball Machine? I feel like we see the high school setting and the darkly psychological themes of clique mentality and dehumanisation of the outsider and automatically interpret it as being a manga about stuff, when it's actually a trashy low-budget gore fest with lesbians.

I gotta admit that even tho I like these kind of stories and was really excited to see how would the yuri aspect be integrated in it, its not great so far. To see it as a gorefest with lesbians tho, that I can do

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

c'mon guys... it's still at least gotta be better than akuma no riddle. I mean people actually DIE in this :^)

The deaths are practically irrelevant lol, AnR had more appealing characters and was better written

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Ah! A wall of text; sorry to talk your ear off.

Edit: And off topic besides. Sorry Nezchan.

@YuriGirl1001: Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, despite how busy you must be. It's actually really interesting to understand more of the process you go through just to bring us a chapter, as reading it takes less than a dozen minutes, making us unable to realise the amount of work involved in it. Thank you for taking your time to bring us scanlations of series no one has picked up/dropped. Not that I wasn't before, but I feel way more appreciative of the effort you take to make following these series possible for us, especially because it takes so much more out of you to translate all of this.
This is a bit of a clumsy wording of my gratitude, but I want to let you know that I'm deeply thankful for you doing this :)

joined Sep 21, 2014

Wait the gf just dumped her like that? Etf?
All the stories were gorgeous tho, great manga

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Is this really serialized on Yuri Hime? I'm still on some kind of shock after forcing myself to read through, even sort of sick. I was expecting something on the line of Love/Death, but not.. this. I really don't know if I want to keep reading more at all.

Yes.

This really is serialized in Yuri Hime. I buy Yuri Hime and each of the first four chapters has caught my eye as I looked through it, since it's very different from the rest and very bloody. Every time I found it extremely disturbing, and yet I was curious about what kind of setting could produce that. But not so as curious to take the effort to read something so disturbing in Japanese. I still instantly recognized this series when I saw chapter 1.

Still don't know if I'll read chapter 2 when it comes out or if I'll run screaming for the hills instead. I am pretty sure though that this is one I'll read at most one time in my life.

Edit: And yes I now this was a rhetorical question, but I still wanted to answer it.

I've been extremely curious about you for a while, as you scanlated so many things practically on your own.
Are you fluent in Japanese? Where are you from? What made you start doing this? You mentioned that you were curious about this present series but not enough to take the effort to read it in Japanese, so does reading Japanese take a lot of effort for you? Does it take you a lot of time to scanlate?

Faust
Sisterism discussion 16 Aug 04:39
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hilarious

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hahaha man I just can't handle this xD it was great

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Once they got captured my first assumption was... SAW mixed with Corpse Party!
serious the first movie of saw was exactly like this with the chains on their feet and they were trapped in a room with a timer and a recording/note and weapon. Also Corpse party since its based in a school.. maybe the school is haunted? maybe the girl with the glasses she had a glimpse at (which was being bullied) turns out to be the haunting spirit that kills them all?

The one thing i dont understand is .. the transfer student first tells her "no im not interested a person like you"... and then ends up paired with her and says i love you or wont let you die (maybe shes just saying this so she doesn't end up dying?)...
like seriously... whats up with that?!
were they trying to throw us off there for a second when she said "she doesnt like her?"
or were they hinting something to us like the transfer student didnt like her because she hangs around with "those types" of people? like i dont get it... aside from that... this is gonna be a very interesting manga :)

Damn i hate those stereotypes of girls
with the bullying and im your best friend riiiiiight? when they are just using you.. sort of thing..

Kusuda/transfer student slapped the hand of mc's bestie, she didn't say it to mc herself

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Yup i'm super devastated that obnoxious, selfish, and annoying girl died. Not sure how I can continue this series with her having been killed. OH WAIT! THAT ACTUALLY MOTIVATED ME TO CONTINUE FURTHER! LET'S KILL MORE ANNOYING PEOPLE!

Omg. This is awesome. A game. And it's yuri. Omg. I like it. something different. Even different from ANR...

Exactly how I feel xD
The best friend was super sketch anyways, always bending MC to do things against her will just by bringing up the "bestie" card
Immediately tried to kill her, no wonder she was the first to be killed (directly by another person)

And LOL at the "I will absolutely not let you die", with mc being moved at the girl sounding all chivalrous. She instantly forgot that if she dies, chances are Kusuda's dying with her

Things seem interesting, as everyone in school sound very superficial, prompting mc to not mind for it to be completely WRECKED.
Let's see fucking chaos

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 10:49AM

Faust
Memory Box discussion 15 Aug 10:37
joined Sep 21, 2014

;u; aw

joined Sep 21, 2014

They took the rain thing pretty seriously
I'm a bit confused, but they were cute, shipping them hard

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

"Mami's house makes you fat"
I cried xD

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

aw cuuuute

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Glad to see Yuri Hime is starting to publish a different kind of stories. I do like fluffy yuri in a school setting, but it can get redundant and boring if you read too much of it.
So.. A cool transfer student, lesbians and lots of violence? Hell yeah, I'm im! :D

I'm so excited about this.
Like yeah, the battle to the death genre has been done before, but at this point it's not even a valid reason to not read something, that its genre has been explored before, because you can use that excuse for anything.
Like yes, survival games are not as uncommon anymore, but survival games with YURI?
It shows that times are changing, and that yuri can be present in more than just planed out romance in highschool tales, that like het romance, can have their place in any kinds of plot.

I'll repeat, yes it's a fight to the death.
BUT IT HAS YURI.
IT may be a theme already explored in quite a few other manga, but did those have YURI?
NOPE.
I really wanna see yuri in more kinds of plots than the typical highschool romance, excited to see this pan out.

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

I guess people are unsure if the change from a fluffy story to a Battle Royale one is a good thing, but I've always been interested in reading manga where the main thing isn't the yuri, but it exists along side the plot. The pacing might be weird, but it's likely that Kawai Rou hasn't written much action/bloody manga before, and I'm okay with her having taken the opportunity to try it out.
When I first started reading manga, it's always been the shonen kind, and I certainly don't mind it with yuri on the side :P
I'm excited to see where this ends up

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 7:16AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Nevri, where does your prof pic come from? It looks familiar to me somehow

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

ᆦ>spoilers

The spoilers are that it tells you what the end game of Madoka, Sayaka, and Nagisa's plan is during Rebellion. The doujin keeps saying that it's a dream world and when it's over Kyouko and Sayaka will get separated. This is why Sayaka says "There's not much I can leave for you" and " This time Kyouko is going to be the one to lose something." That something being Sayaka.

Thank you for joining Dynasty just to clarify this for me, I appreciate it :)