joined Sep 15, 2020
053120ae

^ Astesia has the right to look fabulous while chopping down hoards of mobs

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 04 Sep 01:16
7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020
E-estcjvgam0uts-orig

Mumei 5 minutes later: who are you again?

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 04 Sep 01:14
joined Sep 15, 2020
92484514_p0

Noelle doesn’t need books to learn about [redacted], she can just learn through these two

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 04 Sep 01:11
joined Sep 15, 2020
E-r3ytavgaozjfh-orig

Mostima really needs to grow a pair and face Exusiai, come on face her for more than 5 minutes, no time stopping allowed, spend some quality time with her god dammit.

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 04 Sep 01:01
joined Sep 15, 2020
E93qijyvuae25r5-orig

^ Yuu is less Harem goddess and more Poly Queen since they can all divide into sub relationships like KasumixShizuku or KarinxEmma

Nicoxmaki01
Pretender discussion 01 Sep 08:21
joined Sep 15, 2020

I'm completely fucking wasted rn. Anyone care to explain to me why's blond girl bad to me? She seems kinda fine just in love with a gold digger

She was pretty pushy with a (very) drunk girl who she knew probably didn't feel the same way about girls.

I mean the story doesn't tell us the details on the lack of consent, but I think it counts. She was so drunk she called the wrong person and couldn't even walk properly without support.

But yeah, Ayaka is supposed to be the 'bad person' here.

Pretty much most of us in the forum have said Mitsuki is the worst of the two, but in the end they’re both flawed people. Ayaka is intentionally stringing along people, looking for the ideal marriage partner to set her up for life, while Mitsuki is being two faced with being close to Ayaka because she likes her despite internally thinking that Ayaka and her lifestyle are awful, like near the end before they had sex she pretty much assumed that Ayaka was just sleeping with the guys she was writing up to be her rich marriage candidate when it turned out she was not.

Ayaka called Mitsuki intentionally because it’s pretty clear that she might not have a father who’s either alive or around in her life that could’ve helped her in that situation. Also, she was pretty much sober at the point they reached her apartment, she seemed to have sobered the moment she realized Mitsuki found and brought her to where she lived, therefore knew she was dirt poor so she was prepared for Mitsuki to once again judge her and her lifestyle.

Nicoxmaki01
Pretender discussion 01 Sep 02:13
joined Sep 15, 2020

Thanks, this really helped me understand what was going on in much greater depth. It's really telling that Mitsuki's opinion of Ayaka doesn't seem to change once she has context for what she's been doing. The last line really stings with that in mind.

It's interesting re-reading the story with that context. Ayaka seems to see their connection as something like partners in crime or co-conspirators, and she clearly has some standards for how she governs her pursuing of men. Mitsuki, meanwhile, doesn't understand this, and sees her as a friend with an attitude towards dating that she disdains. When Mitsuki disguises her affections by acting like someone who just thinks flirting is fun, it's like you say--it hurts Ayaka, and she pulls back. It makes me wonder how things would have gone if Mitsuki was honest that she did it because she wanted to spend time with Ayaka. I feel like that would have really changed the context of Ayaka learning definitively that she isn't serious about pursuing guys--like, she knows they're not in the same situation, but maybe they can be friends in different places supporting each other. It's cool to see someone being dishonest about their feelings punished this harshly in a manga.

One part I still don't get though is what happened in that whole scene after the big reveal. What does she mean by, "so that's the kind of girl you are"? Is Ayaka blushing because Mitsuki is turning her on, or is she ashamed because she's being pushed to present information she doesn't want to in an effort to protect herself? Is this kind of a complex cute moment between them, or like hella non-con?

I do think Mitsuki's opinion changes somewhat by the end. Look at how she's saying it, with a big grin on her face. Even if she still thinks that, the emotions surrounding it are different. Some of her disgust towards Ayaka was probably jealousy: she didn't like seeing the woman she loved chasing after men. Now that she knows that Ayaka wasn't having sex with them (and now that she herself has taken Ayaka's virginity), she's no longer jealous. And maybe it's also her way of saying that she understands what kind of person Ayaka is better, and realizes that's part of what she loves about her? It is the first time she's actually said it out loud to Ayaka, instead of just thinking it to herself. It's a very strange thing to say to the person you love after your first time having sex. But it does feel like a very fitting ending to this story.

I also wonder about that part where Mitsuki lies to her. I do think Ayaka is upset mainly for the reason I said before, but maybe this is also mean to indicate that, consciously or not, Ayaka is aware of Mituski's feelings and returns them? There was a lot of emphasis on the way Ayaka keeps touching Mitsuki leading up to this. So perhaps she wanted to hear Mitsuki say it, and was disappointed when she lied instead.

As for whether it's rape, I personally think that the art and story indicate that Ayaka is into it? My interpretation is that she's blushing partly out of shock, partly because she's embarrassed at revealing that she's actually a virgin despite her posturing, and partly because she's turned on. I think especially her expression on page 245 indicates that she's into it by that point. But the whole situation definitely feels more than a little rapey. And the part where they actually get undressed and have sex is left to the imagination, so maybe it's meant to be ambiguous?

It seems along the lines that she did consent to Mitsuki’s advancements considering I would hope she doesn’t have such a nonchalant reaction to someone who raped her, friend or not. Like Ayaka if you didn’t consent to it, girl please don’t just casually chit chat with her in the nude after they forcibly did the did, maybe kick her out, call the cops maybe. Plus, thinking about it some more it would also be strange if she was capable off thinking an idea and fending off a dude trying to take advantage of her while she was plastered but not capable of fending off Mitsuki after she got a chance to sober up a bit.

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 23 Aug 20:57
joined Sep 15, 2020
E9y0ieiveaetm80-orig%20(1)

I can just imagine Ifrit going up to Saria and Silence one day straight up telling them. “I’m with Eyja, you two better fix up your relationship so you can both join to keep an eye out for us (pay for all our food, etc.) when we go on dates.”

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 23 Aug 20:44
joined Sep 15, 2020
E80d_spvoaemvwk-orig

I had almost thought they were sharing shawls

^ Also cause I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now~

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 23 Aug 20:40
joined Sep 15, 2020
92208954_p1

When the scary guard dog eats the trespassing cat in a different way

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

I honestly can’t stand Shiho. Her personality and egotism is just unbearable. If she has feelings for Aki like the comment above me suggests, and which I am inclined to believe, she should not end up with her or anyone else at the end. I can’t understand why Hima would even want to remain friends with her after the way she acted this chapter.

Her resolution could just as well be her succeeding. Shiho has failed in the past which is why she's like now, so all I think her failing would do is cause her to double down on the mentality she has right now; but having her win but still not get what she really wants might actually challenge the views.

That’s also a plausible way things could go. Having her win may actually have the same effect, as I believe that winning would be what causes her to double down. A major arc of hers is learning it’s okay not to be the best, so one could say losing would help her grow, while winning could tech her that her stance is correct. However I believe it could go either way. I suspect that no matter what, her actions are going to lead to everyone alienating her, because that would be the the most effective development to show her how wrong her viewpoint truly is. And for the reader, based on my experience with this story and the vast majority of of the commenters on this forum, it would be the most satisfying conclusion to her part in the story

Whoa whoa whoa, why is there so much hate for Shiho? Do you have any idea how hard it is to have the thing you love tainted by bitterness? And then your alternative also tainted by others bitterness towards you? It's so freaking hard to recover from something like that. She's fighting to be good at band despite all that. I think it's admirable.

She said her life is meaningless without music, but what can she do music-wise that isn't a devastating reminder of her lack of ability? Guitar. But then that was screwed up too. It's not like Aki's handling it any better. Should Aki end up alone?

Yes people who act like this end up alone in reality. Toxic right? Just leave all the toxic people to die metaphorically. But leave toxic people alone, and you get people who treat each other in all the awful ways in this world.

But even if one person doesn't give up on them, they can find a way to push through. Sure they're not immediately non-toxic, but maybe with time they can find something they're passionate about again and gain love and confidence in themselves again. It's how life is for me right now anyway.

I share your sentiment and I’ve gotten used to see this treatment at this point, almost anytime someone with a similar character to Shiho exists in a story they’re pretty much hated. It’s pretty unfair considering often times these characters are still young and are going through the right time and phases in their lives where they need to make these kinds of mistakes to grow. Yes Shiho is flawed and immature, but that’s at the point of growing up, to learn how to change that which will take trial and error with lots of fuckups.

joined Sep 15, 2020

Well, the manga established itself to not be a trope of girl who falls for guy who is actually a girl since they all know pretty early on, too bad it doesn’t seem to go any further tho

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 21 Aug 16:18
joined Sep 15, 2020
E0pauptuuae0kea-orig

^4 I mean all they gotta do to fix that is by making an event and Mudrock states she has a height complex so whenever she full gears, she gives herself a little height to make herself a little happy to a height that she wanted to be

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 21 Aug 16:08
joined Sep 15, 2020
E8-lh4uuyamji3h-orig

Me just got Magellan: welp, guess I need Asbestos now

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 21 Aug 16:04
joined Sep 15, 2020
Ezkmsz-vuamzjox-orig%20(1)

I if that was how Ganyu dropped hints she was single so Keqing could court her, I’d love to see her attempts at courting Keqing

joined Sep 15, 2020

I bet Hinoka was so confused with what Tsuku said since she still thinks they’re dating and then heard what she says after the boyfriend bit and took her words towards them “hanging out more” in a suggestive way and probably thought Tsuku had to say it like since they were in public.

So the current dumb thoughts they’re having:
Tsukushi - Hinoka doesn’t want a bc, so she must not be interested in romance, so I do t have a shot
Hinoka - why did she say that :( ———> we’re still dating she just had to “play dumb” :)

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

Maybe Miko was the voice that told her to live, who at first tried to save Hinako from a distance, but after observing her long enough soon figured out that wouldn’t be enough and became a part of her life to further help her by being exactly what Hinako thought she need/wanted, at first she did it simply to save Hinako, but overtime she grew too attached and chose to never leave her side bc she ended up loving her. And now we just have to wait and see if she survives this arc, or if she was just set up to be another tragic loss in Hinako’s life.

joined Sep 15, 2020

I don’t really get what the issue is here about the characters at all, they’re a pretty accurate depiction of the mess that are teenagers. I’d say there would be issues with the characters if the same premise but they were in their mid 30s instead, but they’re teens probably experiencing their first relationship, they’re bound to be prone to making mistakes. Even Fuuko’s realistic, some people just want to ruin what others, either to have it for themselves or for the sake of just ruining it for everyone else, just look at Twitter for example. But teens can be pretty dysfunctional, confused, and dumb, especially if they don’t bother talking to others or real adults about what’s going on or what’s wrong that they might need help with.

joined Sep 15, 2020

I guess Director He won the blind lottery, can’t wait to see her reaction lol

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 17 Aug 01:56
joined Sep 15, 2020
85272765_p0

To this day, I’m still figuring out how to pronounce Age Falafels’ name correctly

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

Awww, the widdle baby needed a widdle nap.

Ok, guys final last words before Melissa comes for me, but the thought she could’ve regressed all the way to a fetus or back to an egg is a perfect horror scenario and I’m disturbingly curious to see it

Nicoxmaki01
Image Comments 14 Aug 13:04
joined Sep 15, 2020
E7jqybuvoak0e4v-orig

I mean doesn’t Lumine have electro powers now, but I guess she prefers it that way since her phone can charge and then she can charge herself on Lisa too

joined Sep 15, 2020

Imagine being so deeply engrossed in yuri that you literally look at something and see yuri. Now imagine a girl who’s been trying to start with date said girl, that’s just sad in so many ways

joined Sep 15, 2020

There’s no way we were wrong in guessing that Hinoka thinks they’re already dating, that’s not the kind of pics you send to a “friend” unless you’re interested or are best friends that are also dating. Tsukushi unintentionally made her dream a reality but gets a gf instead of rejection. Good for her, good for them, idiot couples are always a welcome sight.

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

I really wonder what the childhood friends’ deals was, both of them had pretty much shit communication. Akira should’ve just confessed and she would’ve had a better chance then if she didn’t make things so messy and putting themselves into this cycle of unhealthy neediness, Riku should’ve realized that Akira was just using her relationships and confronted Akira about it then be honest with her if she didn’t feel the same cause she’s hurting herself and letting Akira continue to depend on her

That being said, I actually liked that chapter, gotta have some crazies to balance out the fluff and diabetes I guess

last edited at Aug 10, 2021 7:07PM