Forum › Posts by shojie07

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Cute. I wish I was this innocent about indirect kisses back in school. But I guess when kisses on the cheek/hugs are common greetings between strangers in your culture, you can't really bring yourself to care about sharing straws or bottles (kisses/hugs could get me flustered, but when I shared a drink I'd only worry about if it was a hygienic thing or not.)

Same.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Nakatani and Katou both agreed fans won’t like if the anime goes the different way, so maybe a little cut from the manga. In the end, it’s on the viewers hand to have this season 2.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Will there be a season 2? I mean, the anime will have a very incomplete ending or have an alt ending otherwise. If they want to wrap things up they will need to cut stuff out.

I heard season 2 would depend on sales? Probably, on DVDs/ Bluray sales. If there’s enough support from viewers, Troyca might. I would love to have season 2 atleast, so that they continue the pace, without rushing the story or being different from the manga

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 9:56AM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I prefer Asenshi to Hidive. I dont like Hidive and the way they take liberties but that's my opinion. The way Asenshi omits honorifics and stuff can be annoying but I can hear the characters use them so it's not that bad IMO.
^ I disagree that "Im not lonely either" and "I have somebody too" can convey the same meaning. But again, that's just me. I saw the mistake in episode 3 and read comments about how people took it as Yuu talking about herself rather than about Touko, so yeah, I doubt anime onlys could infer that Yuu is "talking about Touko through herself".

Yuu said, in jap, "watashi datte, hitori janai mo." Literally, " i am also not alone." I know alone and lonely are both adjectives but i know it's not the same meaning. though, if Yuu feeling abandoned and isolated, lonely is the best. I won't disagree with that. But was she? Or just wondering why she isn't have someone with her like her grandma, like her parents, like Rei or like the shrimps? (And I’m talking about the episode 5, as my example earlier, not the episode 6.)

Asenshi subs is good too. With the effort of arranging the subs, while Hidive is flying somewhere. Lol. Though I still into official.

last edited at Nov 10, 2018 7:18PM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Unfortunately we are losing stuff due to the poor quality of the official subs. I saw screenshot comparing a fansub and the official subs and the fan subs almost matched what is said in the manga while the official sub was completely out there.

if you're talking about the episode 3, yeah it's been bad. Coz it really made the viewers confused with confusing way of delivering point of view. But as of now that's the only part that is consider as a major mistake. The official sub isn't translating the literal words what it said in Japanese. But how it would be assumed or equally means in English, or if in dub, how it would be good to hear, but same amount of meanings. That's basically the way of translating. PersonalIy, I watched the RAW first to practice my Japanese then the sub part to know if I listened correctly. I'll be doomed if I pick every word literal in English, and think, yeah it's better to say it like that. Like the part Yuu said, in sub, "I have someone too, you know. I am not alone", in Jap, "I am also not alone, I am not alone." If you think of it, saying you aren't alone too, means you have somebody with you or in Yuu's case she has her family, or Touko though not officially. It's still the same idea. I woudn't consider it as losing stuff.

Moreover, still prefer this official sub, coz they retain the honorific status. Fansubs I saw changed it to surnames. And it's slightly annoying for me.

last edited at Nov 10, 2018 5:58PM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Of course, I personally thought that someone on the student council would probably sit Yuu and Touko down and say "You two have barely said a word to each other (for however long has passed since Yuu's confession). Could you please say what's going on, because things are really awkward right now?" People noticed when Yuu and Sayaka weren't getting along in Chapter 14, so I suspect it'll only be a matter of time before someone says something.

Yeah probably. Maki, might ask Yuu coz he’s quite the spectator and wanted to know what’s wrong with their closeness, but it should be private. Since no one knows that Maki knew what’s happening between the two. It could be Sayaka, coz in chapter 36, she’s meaning to ask Touko but she couldn't get the right timing. Or there’s a chance, it could be Doujima, since he’s tactless and can easily get the change of atmosphere hanging in the Student Council, like how he’s the first person to ask when Touko started to call Yuu by her first name.

Who might be, I love to see this scene if it’s going to happen.

last edited at Nov 5, 2018 9:32PM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Sorry but i dont really understand this Chapter. o.O Is the Mangaka now streching this Manga or why is it not focusing on the Main Chars anymore? im not Interessted in the Side Characters,,,,,,,,,,

How come you read this manga and reached chapter 36, without even understanding that side characters are important? That is one of the reasons why YagaKimi was praised of, for not having useless side characters, all have roles to build up the story for main characters. Sayaka is an important side character to balance Yuu and Touko. That is why too, she’s going to have her own story.

Nakatani for sure isn’t stretching this manga, by showing Sayaka in ONE chapter when the thing between Yuu and Touko is heating up, and having some discord. Without this chapter 36, or Sayaka’s PoV, you won’t see that Touko has changed and now starting to open up to others. You won’t see that she’s after all very down and affected about her situation with Yuu.

You know what? You just have to LEARN how to have patience.

^^^ I still think this is the kind of series that works better in volumes than read monthly. Even if each chap has subtle developments, short chaps like this one are frustrating as hell. TTvTT Like you're drinking a large cup of tea one sip at a time.

Yeah, but if not volume, I preferred it to release at least twice a month. Lol. I understand why a friend bought this manga in volumes, but now he’s frustrated for waiting next year maybe to release new volume. Both, having pros and cons lol.

last edited at Nov 5, 2018 6:52PM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

but she is now of all times thinking it is the right time to confess even though she also knows there is something wrong with Touko and Yuu right now and it is having a negative impact on Touko. This is like the worst timing to do it unless she is looking to try and sneak in there when there is discord between Yuu and Touko what really doesn't seem like her way of doing things.

LOL. I agree, It's not her way. Sayaka won't stoop that low.

This is what I understood from the new chapter. However, from the cafe scene when they get interrupted, Sayaka may still have reservations on confessing. Unfortunately, they were interrupted and Sayaka never finished her thought. So, we don't know if the "but..." means she suspects something between Touko and Yuu, or something along the lines of Touko not into girls. But, this is just me conjecturing an obvious question.

I want to think, Her "but..." means Touko might interested with someone else. Perhaps, at the back of her mind, it's Yuu. Well, it's not the first time she suspects the closeness between Touko and Yuu. But because of her feelings, she chose to settle that it might be just Touko enjoying having a kouhai. And Touko never entertained any romantic feelings to anyone.

Anyway, I'll share this. Someone translated the interview of Sayaka's VA. It's a nice read.
https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/11/05/195-yagate-kimi-ni-naru-kayano-ai/

last edited at Nov 5, 2018 8:55AM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I think the chapter 36, is like semi-intro since Sayaka is having spin-off story that would be released on November 10. Though, it seems her story will be told from while she’s in middle school and maybe high school where she met Touko.

Anyway, like what I said in my other comment outside dynasty, Sayaka. I love you, you’re the good girl. There’s no wrong having hope, but it’s clear Touko’s not into you. She cared for you for sure, coz you’re the best friend. Try looking elsewhere. You really deserve someone who can love you back. Seeing Touko change, is not guranteed she’ll feel the same for you. Though, I’m fine you if you confess, it’s been hard for you keeping that feelings and stays beside her. Moving on without telling what you feel is twice as hurt than keeping it.

last edited at Nov 4, 2018 10:15PM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

4s already translated Chapter 36, either download it in their mediafire folder or please someone post it in here.

last edited at Nov 4, 2018 6:00PM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Tons and tons of things. Yeah, that’s what friendship is..lol. I swear, this is too pure for my heart.

last edited at Nov 2, 2018 8:34AM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Ok, I want to chime in.... My two cents...

As the story is, right now, we should not know if Yuu and Touko actually have a happy ending, so to speculate that their love is true is jumping the gun. As a reader, I'm more interested in the journey not the destination. At the same time, it needs to make sense to me. Touko doesn't make sense to me. Thus, I'm inclined to not trust her feelings and have a tad bit of animosity toward her for hurting such a wonderful person. However, with that said, I'm won't dismiss that tiny ray of hope Touko planted when she said she misses Yuu. Was that love? Not convinced, yet. How will I be convinced? I'll just wait and see.

Touko is a complicated person. She has some issue too of hating herself too much. I don’t know exactly if it was because of her sister’s death, and felt guilt over it or because she herself felt that people have failed to appreciate her as her, Touko. So, she has a blurred and twisted view of what love really is. For her, people will only love her for a certain expectation and reason of her being perfect. And love will stop if she starts showing all her imperfections. But at the same time she is just coward to tell, “love me even if I’m not like this”, instead she resorts of saying, “don’t fall in love with me”. I don’t hesitate her love for Yuu as true. Yuu was always there, being her emotional support and kindly being wonderfull to accept all her imperfections and selfishness. Who wouldn’t fall for a someone like that? She was just shook coz she always thought Yuu couldn’t fall for someone. Yuu, admittedly, was hard to read of all if you look at it in Touko’s POV. She has this cold, as if she was annoyed. And always told, she isn’t in love. And that’s how Touko believes in her. Both being away with each other is a huge step for them to sort their true feelings.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

You seem to have an overly rigid view of love and physical expressions of love. People can love each other and still not want to be in a relationship. People can be physically attracted to their friends, which they love (or is friendship not love?) and still only want a friendship and not a romantic relationship with them. People can feel that kind of thing for multiple people. And so on and so forth. All I was saying is: it would be nice to have a scene of Sakaya and Touko making out, and then deciding that was it and Sayaka realizing, after satisfying the itch so to speak, that she'd rather move on to date someone else, and Touko realizing Yuu is indeed the one she wants to be with as a partner.

I don’t understand at all why it would be nice to have a making out scene between Sayaka and Touko just for her to realize that she has to move on? Making out is not the only way. Sometimes, talking after rejection is the perfect way. They’re best friends anyway. Real friends always understood each other even the other one hurts another unintenionally. Besides, it would only hurt and painful for Sayaka. Sayaka doesn’t deserve that mess up ending of her love for Touko.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

There are probably countless definitions of what "real love" is, but I'd guess that most of them have in common some version of the one thing that this story has disallowed from the beginning: reciprocity. So "not really love" is basically the given of the story: Touko has a distorted idea of what love is, and Yuu starts out with no real idea at all. Getting them both onto the same page with a shared, reality-based understanding of "real love" has always been the ultimate goal of the whole story.

Man, I think you just nailed a perfect explanation for this manga. People don’t understand the manga entirely, and just resolute by saying the manga isn’t entertaining at all.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

the hell. finish? i just couldn't get her friend. lol. Yuu doesn't need a friend like her. Immature and has some issues.

last edited at Oct 28, 2018 9:16AM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

"Eroi" The way Touko said that gave me shivers. Damn this adaptation is good. Episode 4 continues to impress (one weird walking shot aside). It also makes me appreciate Nakatani's well ordered structure and foreshadowing that much more.

I read in Japanese Yagakimi tweets, that part “Eroi” was urged to make more “erotic” to hear by Nakatani Nio to Minako Kotobuki. They really made that scene so good. The combination of silence and a bit of piano music, it’s so anticipating and heart thumping, that I almost felt breathless in excitement. I guess some of the viewers too.

They keep nailing the good part actually. Even the part when Maki confronted and asked Yuu if she was dating Touko, how Yuu perceived the people might thought. It’s so dark, reflecting her fears and worries.

Just I noticed, this Maki in anime adaptation kinda gives me the creep. Lol.

last edited at Oct 27, 2018 11:08AM

shojie07
Please discussion 25 Oct 23:29
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Oh, Please.

I’m here to read some fluffy like or to have a peek of Hana no Arashi updated. But this what I’ve read. What a heartache. I feel bad for the girl. Keep reliving the pain. Keeping back in cycle.

Her gf, the one who confessed first, but the one who seemed abandon her coz of of her ambition. Such a hell.

Now. How will I forget this story.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

There is over-analyzing something and then there is Blastaar. Not that I mind, but even people whose job it is to analyze scenes in movies would probably say calm down. lol
Waiting for your frame by frame breakdown of the toolshed kiss scene after the race at the sports festival.

One of the most anticipating scenes in anime version tbh. That kiss and and the sound of heart started to beat.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I'm quite impressed with the anime adaption so far, particularly with all the nuanced body language and attention to detail. It's these small details and visual story telling that make the manga so good and which I feared would get lost in the transition to the animated medium. I love small details like the way Yuu's heart broken friend spends a moment lingering behind to look at the movie promotional poster depicting the young couple. I was seriously concerned they would butcher the more subtle aspects of Nakatani's story telling and so far they have been quite good at preserving it.

The one place I think there is a marked difference is of course the color pallet and the way Nakatani uses light and dark to create atmosphere and mood, but all in all most of my fears about this adaption were unfounded. It's apparent the director understood and is trying to respect the source material.

Yeah. The fact where the scene Yuu patted Touko’s head and brushed her hair, and the camera focused on Yuu’s fingers, it’s impressive. And the way their eyes move, like how Touko’s when she told Yuu about her past a bit. It resembled fears and uncertainty. When Yuu’s stood in front of people for her speech, her legs was shaking. The anime was very very impressive if people look in the detail. I don’t know why they thinking it’s boring and weird. If visuals were talking, yeah, the colors might too light for my taste, and there were backgrounds scenes that should be darkened. Sometimes they uses colors that is hard to differentiate coz it blended to the characters, like Akari in episode 3, the sunset and her hair, even her eyes are almost the same that if you plainly looked at it, it’s not complimenting. It’s good that her eyes were emotional that emphasizes the feelings of the characters have.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Well, Sayaka will gong to have spin-off story? Is that true? But different author?

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

oh they back being fluffy. Stay like this. omg. sweet.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Idk why I'm reading this. But I'm laughing. Weird.

last edited at Oct 22, 2018 9:26AM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I said before that Yuu’s voice was not fitting for her from episode 1-2 but after watching episode 3, I guess the VA changed it and worked hard to fit Yuu’s character and I do think she did a good job. It’s suddenly more alive and better to hear. For Touko’s voice also, changed, now it’s perfect I think. (I heard Asuka from Hibike from the first 2 episodes) All the VA’s worked hard to fit the roles and I couldn’t say more. The anime isn’t trying to be the best out there, but to satisfy and deliver the story excellently, by that I love it more. I like how the studio directed and justify the important scenes by capturing in different camera angles and still delivered the feels well.

I'm still really bothered by the TL mistakes in episode three. I mean, none of them are really episode-changing mistakes, but the overall enjoyment is definitely hurt by them.

What mistakes? :o

The part that only bothered me, is the line “this is senpai’s special side of her”, say, it should be, “this is what ‘being special’ to her”. Yuu is special to Touko, because she doesn’t need to be special in front of her. Right? Well, if you read previous manga chapter, it said, “ for senpai this that “special feeling”.

I don’t know the other mistakes though, if there is, I’m not good in Japanese. Lol

last edited at Oct 21, 2018 7:01PM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Oh! Milk Morinaga misses Girlfriends. I swear this was the series I loved and my most treasured Yuri story. Misses Akko x Mari. Truly glas that Milk Morinaga made a special chapter of them. I wish You continue it, in their college perhaps and an adult life. I will gladly read it w/o hesitation. Spread the love of Yuri.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Well to be frank, I think Yuu is the only one lacking (not for her seiyuu's lack of talent of course) as she just sounds too soft and meek. A deeper voice really would have helped there. But that is not really a fair assessment. The voices we used in our heads are probably completely different from each other as well.

I do agree with this. The first time I heared Yuu in episode 1, I felt that there was something off. But I ignore it, since it’s just episode 1. But when episode 2 entered, I’m sure now that Yuu’s voice is so soft. Even the scene when she said “unfair” it was something lacking, when the character supposed to felt so betrayed. When I’m reading the manga, in my head, Yuu’s voice is something rusty, strong, tsundere effect but a little softness. I don’t know, maybe I’m just believing that the perfect voice for her is in the PV before. There are times that I thought, Koyomi’s voice (her other friend) is the fitted voice for her or maybe it’s just me.

But all in all, I like the anime so far. Of course, the manga still superior but the anime looks like that, is because it’s trying to be loyal and adapt everything from the manga cautiously. They are trying to maintain the originality and the feelings within the manga. And I think, trying to be loyal with the manga is difficult adaptation, what more if the manga is very respectable with prominent characters and being real like Yagate Kimi ni Naru?

last edited at Oct 16, 2018 10:48AM