Forum › Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru discussion

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I just had problems with the ending, which typically may have some unresolved issues, anyway.

Chenweihua
joined Apr 4, 2016

goddddddd chapter 26.5 made me cry a little this was rly sweet for something so comedy focussed early on

also maybe trans tag for the sister, i mean you don't rly have an orchi without being sure you know lol and shes a major character

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

also maybe trans tag for the sister, i mean you don't rly have an orchi without being sure you know lol and shes a major character

I just re-read this, and I feel like we might be missing something from TL. Itsuki's sibling was referred as female in the first half of the chapters, but as male (including by themself) later on. Not sure if namo intentionally hid the sibling's gender and the TL just assumed they were female or if it's that weird transphobic japanese thing about refering to transwomen as men in the second part of the story... Either way it feels really strange to have Itsuki change pronouns mid-story. Anyone looked at the raws to clear the issue up?

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

wow i did not know this was on dynasty, a welcome surprise

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Man I just finished this and it was actually so good. Usually I steer out of the way of the on this sight but this was actually so good, the emotions welled up inside me. Usually I just get annoyed by love triangles, but this time I was both annoyed and invested and wanted to see how it turned out. Honestly, this should've gone poly, like even two sided triangle poly, but the world was not vast enough, aaaaaa.

Vietcong Soldier
Monkey-smin
joined Aug 6, 2020

The ending was a bit rushed for Tokujira, but Itsuki ending up with Botan totally made sense with all their romantic developments since ch 11. At a certain point Itsuki's feelings towards Tokujira became more like Botan's feelings towards her (wanting to help their friend overcome her flaws) instead of a romantic crush. Meanwhile Itsuki and Botan really does have that chemistry together, Botan willing to look past his apperance and mistake to see his good intentions and they share similar interests with him too. It just make sense for them to be together.

Not all's bad for Tokujira though, despite being a third-wheel in a lovey dovey couple, she's still pretty close to both of them at the end. Their dynamic remained almost the same, just with Itsuki and Botan now dating.

All in all, a cute romance manga with pretty solid writing (could've delve more on the cross-dressing thing or polish out Tokujira's backstory though).

Vietcong Soldier
Monkey-smin
joined Aug 6, 2020

I just re-read this, and I feel like we might be missing something from TL. Itsuki's sibling was referred as female in the first half of the chapters, but as male (including by themself) later on. Not sure if namo intentionally hid the sibling's gender and the TL just assumed they were female or if it's that weird transphobic japanese thing about refering to transwomen as men in the second part of the story... Either way it feels really strange to have Itsuki change pronouns mid-story. Anyone looked at the raws to clear the issue up?

I'm pretty sure they are trans, since they mentioned they don't have balls anymore

last edited at Jun 26, 2023 4:38PM

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

The ending was a bit rushed for Tokujira, but Itsuki ending up with Botan totally made sense with all their romantic developments since ch 11. At a certain point Itsuki's feelings towards Tokujira became more like Botan's feelings towards her (wanting to help their friend overcome her flaws) instead of a romantic crush. Meanwhile Itsuki and Botan really does have that chemistry together, Botan willing to look past his apperance and mistake to see his good intentions and they share similar interests with him too. It just make sense for them to be together.

Not all's bad for Tokujira though, despite being a third-wheel in a lovey dovey couple, she's still pretty close to both of them at the end. Their dynamic remained almost the same, just with Itsuki and Botan now dating.

All in all, a cute romance manga with pretty solid writing (could've delve more on the cross-dressing thing or polish out Tokujira's backstory though).

Y'know, this just made me notice something
Itsuki first falls for Tokujira because he believes she was able to overlook his appearance and see him directly for who he is, but was mistaken
After clearing up the initial misunderstanding with her, that's exactly what Botan does though, she sees past his exterior and is honest to him in the way he thought Tokujira had been

Zooloo
joined Mar 10, 2023

I loved the ending of this. God damn, watching the actual best love interest get the guy was amazing. Botan was a sweetie and a darling and had earned his love on top of everything else, and it made so much more sense that she got with him.

To reply you must either login or sign up.