Forum › Too Blue to Call Love discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

The unnamed patrons who crowd the tavern are not just background filling. They are the secret heroes of the story.

I love how they keep ordering food and drinks no matter what happens. (I really feel like some umeshu and croquettes right now!)

And the EXPLOSION OF REJOICING when the waitress finally gathers the courage to ask Midori her contact info? Epic, that.

That was not what she was supposed to ask!! Grr.

The meaning of Midori's words is transparent. « You see, I did my best and broke up with my asshole boyfriend! Now it's your turn to do your best! Do what you have to do! » It's fucking obvious she has realized Kyouko's feelings and wants Kyouko to confess!!!!

Midori knows these things take courage so she made a public display of courage to inspire Kyouko.

And how does Kyouko react? She barely manages to ask Midori her contacts!! Rejoice? Pshaw. Talk about a letdown. :(

She did confess... in a Japanese way. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Natsume Sōseki said it: Japanese sensibility wants subtlety and nuance. That's why rather than saying "I love you" you should say "The moon is beautiful, isn’t it?"
Or like Madarame said to Saki: "That day you had a nose hair sticking out!" lol
Or like Kyouko said to Midori: "Could you tell me your contact info?"

The love message is perfectly conveyed like that.

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

next chapter WHEN

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

This is right up my alley. Is this a monthly release?
I need to prepare my anticipation.

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

I'm glad someone picked up this series! Kyouko is very cute

I'm pretty sure its a bi-weekly release, volume 1 is out. I'm not sure what the scanlation team schedule is though.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I'm glad someone picked up this series! Kyouko is very cute

I'm pretty sure its a bi-weekly release, volume 1 is out. I'm not sure what the scanlation team schedule is though.

Waheyy! That's exciting. No pressure on the scanlators though.

Alit%20rider%20kick!
joined Jun 22, 2022

If this was a one-shot, I would have been satisfied.

Knowing that it's a series... now, I'm excited.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Doesn't the bartender look like Tomo-chan?

Call it divine justice, the world going back into balance, whatever. We got a gay Tomo-chan!

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Amazing that despite the generic premise some stories can still be geniunely really good. Very excited for this.

last edited at Feb 17, 2023 6:12PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Nice!

Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

is it from the same author as that manga about sister-stalker? Because designs are super similar.

where'd that one go anyway

right here

I think they mean more like where are the updates...volume 2 has been out at least since July 2022 </3

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

The bar patrons are just us.

Fjy7x0qaaaandi2
joined Apr 23, 2019

This is the first chapter ever, fr fr, straight(?) into my favorites

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Aaaa, this seems so nice

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

The title is really familiar though. And so are the contents.

joined Jul 8, 2021

I'm so glad it isn't a one shot, can't wait for more

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Oh,this is going to be great.

And the regulars in the back still ordering more as they talk,it's feels too damn life like.

V_1_25
joined Sep 26, 2022

lol the other tavern customers are so funny and wholesome

joined Mar 15, 2022

I’ve never wanted to be a background character more.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The unnamed patrons who crowd the tavern are not just background filling. They are the secret heroes of the story.

I love how they keep ordering food and drinks no matter what happens. (I really feel like some umeshu and croquettes right now!)

And the EXPLOSION OF REJOICING when the waitress finally gathers the courage to ask Midori her contact info? Epic, that.

That was not what she was supposed to ask!! Grr.

The meaning of Midori's words is transparent. « You see, I did my best and broke up with my asshole boyfriend! Now it's your turn to do your best! Do what you have to do! » It's fucking obvious she has realized Kyouko's feelings and wants Kyouko to confess!!!!

Midori knows these things take courage so she made a public display of courage to inspire Kyouko.

And how does Kyouko react? She barely manages to ask Midori her contacts!! Rejoice? Pshaw. Talk about a letdown. :(

She did confess... in a Japanese way. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Natsume Sōseki said it: Japanese sensibility wants subtlety and nuance. That's why rather than saying "I love you" you should say "The moon is beautiful, isn’t it?"
Or like Madarame said to Saki: "That day you had a nose hair sticking out!" lol
Or like Kyouko said to Midori: "Could you tell me your contact info?"

The love message is perfectly conveyed like that.

I think people in general prefer to confess in private, instead of in front of an audience. Kyouko also mentioned it earlier that she would prefer to meet with Midori off the clock. I believe she will confess properly when they're alone.

joined Apr 16, 2022

Honestly I do rather like how the waitress and her brother ask themselves "why are they even still together" and that that question is just resoundingly answered at the end of the chapter with "yeah she had to save up money first to be financially stable after breaking up with him"

Which on it's own is pretty grim but it financial dependency is the reality of a lot of relationships and I like how this story handles that even if it is easily glossed over.

This was possibly my favorite part of the chapter. Financial dependence causing women to stay in bad relationships is unfortunately common IRL but you very rarely see it depicted in fiction.

Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

this works even as a one-shot, so i'm chuffed we can look forward to even more! :D :D :D loved the izakaya regulars, the real mvps of this

Images%20(10)
joined Oct 9, 2022

The Bisexual tag worries me

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That's standard when one of the MCs starts out going out with a guy. What's the problem?

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Doesn't the bartender look like Tomo-chan?

Call it divine justice, the world going back into balance, whatever. We got a gay Tomo-chan!

So true

61f8f9de6afa98bcb0f186a1_736_640_20945%20(1)
joined Mar 25, 2021

Same, and the cheating one did as well. But I'm glad we're past that lol. The patrons being supportive asf though probably means there won't be many sexuality issues

To reply you must either login or sign up.