Forum › Long-Awaited Feelings discussion

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Just started reading the novel and wow, it's 144 chapters and the manhua does go even slower so this series will probably be finished sometime in 2040

The novel is really good though, even with the machine translation making everything after chapter 18 nigh unreadable. Hopefully the manual translation will continue. Makes me seriously want to learn Chinese to tap into the seeming wealth in quality yuri stories coming from there though

joined Mar 20, 2012

Just started reading the novel and wow, it's 144 chapters and the manhua does go even slower so this series will probably be finished sometime in 2040

The novel is really good though, even with the machine translation making everything after chapter 18 nigh unreadable. Hopefully the manual translation will continue. Makes me seriously want to learn Chinese to tap into the seeming wealth in quality yuri stories coming from there though

I started looking into learning chinese and it seems that just learning to read is doable after a couple of years, speaking fluently seems waaaaay harder, like the complete opposite of Japanese (it being the same as speaking normal Spanish IMHO).

Between this, the villainess story and my newfound fondness of cultivation stories, learning does look like a good investment. If anyone has some suggestions about resources I would be grateful.

last edited at Jun 22, 2022 1:08PM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I started looking into learning chinese and it seems that just learning to read is doable after a couple of years, speaking fluently seems waaaaay harder, like the complete opposite of Japanese (it being the same as speaking normal Spanish IMHO).

Between this, the villainess story and my newfound fondness of cultivation stories, learning does look like a good investment. If anyone has some suggestions about resources I would be grateful.

I get ya, learning Chinese for reading seems like 90% just learning vocabulary. Still quite difficult though if my year of studying Chinese at uni tells me anything. But yeah, there seems to be a lot of good stuff, I just finished the web novel for this and even with the absolutely terrible machine translation it was still amazingly good, can't imagine how good it would be in its original language.

So maybe learning Chinese would indeed be a good investment for future Yuri prospects :D

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

On a different note, having read the novel now I am looking forward to the next translated Manhua chapters even more, the artist does a great job capturing the characters subtle emotions and I'm really curious how some scenes in the later story are going to be visualised

joined Feb 16, 2020

I've read the novel last year (?) didnt realize that there was a manhua adaptation WTFFFF messed up world i say, very homophobic QAQ

joined Mar 11, 2020

Started reading this novel a few days ago (almost finished) and I want say this is really good.
What I enjoyed the most is how the author wrote well their feelings.
If you are interested in this manhua I highly recommend to read the novel because there are more details.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Another lovely chapter, love the outfits as well, Jing Xiu in workout clothes is so hot.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Hopefully we can get a chinese translator to pick it up, there's a fair amount of good chinese webnovels on novelupdates.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Uh, development coming up? With her knocking on the door and all? Also, that pill case looks a bit ominous, so far there wasn't any mention of Jing Xiu having a medical problem or anything if I recall correctly

You'll know the reason about the pill only on the latter part of the novel. This is only around chapter 8 out of 144 of the novel.

As for their development, it's really a slow burn specially in early chapters. A lot of push and pull. It's in the mid part where the tension is strong till they get back together. Then they'll just flirt shamelessly.

Ooof if that's the pay off, gimme that slow burn, babyyy. Wooooo

last edited at Jul 13, 2022 2:53AM

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I read the untranslated Manhua which as of right is at Chapter 27 and let me tell you I was not ready for how whipped Jing Xiu and Ji Youyan are for each other despite not being together, their small interactions are heartwarming. It really goes to show much Jing Xiu is holding back from letting herself fall back into their usual self when they were dating because of her fear from being heartbroken again

The day we get to the point when they get back together is the day when all is well with the world

Thumb-128070
joined May 3, 2022

2 chaps in one month wooooooooo

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

honestly I really do have to wonder what Ji Youyan is going to do with her own femslash. Like???

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

honestly I really do have to wonder what Ji Youyan is going to do with her own femslash. Like???

What you never just casually ask your co-worker for rpf about yourself and your ex to read for fun?

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

What you never just casually ask your co-worker for rpf about yourself and your ex to read for fun?

you're right, maybe I should

293997830_550785063089642_4822506917224177652_n
joined Jul 22, 2022

Ruan Ningwei need to send me some of that fanfic too

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

Have you ever wanted to be with your ex so bad that you read fanfiction shipping the two of you together?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Have you ever wanted to be with your ex so bad that you read fanfiction shipping the two of you together?

No, but that does sound like it would be great for mental heath. ^__^

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

Ruan Ningwei is really living the shipper's dream

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

That flashback was cute af.

joined Mar 19, 2020

I’m a lil confused by the flashback...but still cute

joined Aug 23, 2011

I thought China censors kissing?
Either way, noice

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Jing Xiu just casually smiling at her ex's acting and then utterly trashing the new actress, no chill :D

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

not sure if that's her role or if she genuinely doesn't like it. It could honestly be either one or both haha. That cover illustration is awesome though.

joined Apr 16, 2022

not sure if that's her role or if she genuinely doesn't like it. It could honestly be either one or both haha. That cover illustration is awesome though.

From Ji Youyan's reaction (and the other judges) it seems the performance genuinely was bad, but also Jing Xiu is clearly the Simon Cowell of this show lmao

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah I'd figure Jing Xiu has been given the critic role of the judges but they probably gave her that role because she's already kind of like that as a person. Ji Youyan herself is playing the nice judge but she'd likely give the same type of advice even if she wasn't to play that role. And while we haven't seen the new guy before he's probably also more of a jokester as part of his celebrity persona and as a person.

So while Jing Xiu is definitely speaking her mind here, she's almost certainly being encouraged to do so to balance out the jokey and nice judge.

To reply you must either login or sign up.