Forum › Uso to Kiss wa Houkago ni discussion

I01_rx-0-unicorn-gundam-mobile-suit-gundam-sci-fi-anime-mecha-galaxy-anime
joined May 26, 2020

I'm in love with her mother
Seriously she's so nice

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I don’t think Rin really loves Momoka at all. If she really did love her, she would’ve immediately countered Momoka’s statement of “With such a shallow love, it’s not strange that I’d look for someone who loves me more” with her being the one who loves Momoka more instead of bringing up the rules she made up to keep Momoka bound to her. She simply just doesn’t want anyone else to have Momoka, does that mean she wants/loves her, not exactly. This whole situation with Rin just reminds me of that song “Somebody Else”. She’s just become so accustomed to being Momoka’s #1 and taking her and their relationship for granted that the reality of Momoka being the one who leaves her is what she hates the most. This probably is more because of her trauma with her mother leaving her that she doesn’t want Momoka to do the same so she does what she can to keep Momoka hers.

Now based on the next chapter Considering Momoka seems to actually love Rin, just walking away from each other is probably the best option. With how it’s basically become obvious, to Momoka especially, that Rin doesn’t love her. It’s even more ironic when she says the words “I’ll give you all of me” when that doesn’t really included her heart or love and Momoka knows it. Honestly, Rin says she’s been thinking that entire day, but if that was what she got out of it, this relationship is pretty much doomed. Rin needs to let Momoka go and find a healthier non-dependent relationship and Momoka needs someone who actually loves her for real, even if takes years to love someone again or even if it’s someone other than Rin. But who knows, maybe Rin will finally get to her senses and brain and heart working and actually ask herself if she actually loves Momoka in a genuine way and not in a “I need you bc you were all I had at my lowest” kind of way. But please Momoka mama, help your kid and basically 2nd kid, one is stubborn and the other one is thickheaded.

last edited at Dec 4, 2021 5:01AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Lot of Momoka hate in this thread. Some counterpoints may be found below:

spent20minutesonthisforsomereasonpleasehelp

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Thank you for your hard work!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

okay so, what is this story trying to do honestly.

Istockphoto-615619820-170667a%20-%20copy
joined Nov 1, 2021

I didnt expect the last part. A part of me liked it and the other one thinks “rin is not like this” i think rin’s personality doesnt really fit the way she acted in last part. Anyways i loveeeeed this chapter

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

When you have a trauma related to abandonment/neglect/rejection of some kind, acting like Rin isn't that unusual. Is it healthy? No, of course not; codependency isn't a good thing at all.

I really can relate to Rin to some extent, and I've been in her shoes at least a couple times. Codependency is a vicious cycle, and unless you can build up a strong self esteem, you're pretty much bound to become even more dependant of the other party(ies).

I really don't condemn Rin. She probably has a big trusting issue, and since she grew so attached to Momoka, Rin took their friendship for granted and is using it as a safe haven. This wishy-washy behavior of Rin's shows she's trying to up to more people, but at the same time, she doesn't want to lose her "safety."

I just hope the two of them are able to sort this mess out, because both Rin and Momoka have their own issues to work on ASAP... And my take is that Rin deep inside loves Momoka, but she can't let go from her trauma and realize her feelings.

last edited at Dec 4, 2021 4:13PM

joined Dec 4, 2021

Rin is 100% to blame here and I have no idea how people think Momoka is the problem.

The circumstance at the start is that Momoka dates and flirts with a lot of people.

Then Rin has a problem with those circumstances and wants to change them

Then Momoka tells her directly what actions Rin would need to do if she wants those circumstances to change.

Then Rin agrees with those actions.

Then Rin realizes she has issues with those actions and imposes additional rules on Momoka.

Then Momoka agrees with those additional rules as long as Rin keeps up her part of the deal.

Then Rin breaks her deal yet again.

Then Momoka gets understandably pissed and tells her not to contact her again.

And now you want to tell me that Momoka is to blame somehow?

I mean of course both of these girls have massive issues and both need a therapist in an ideal world, but morally, Momoka's only offence was getting jealous over Rin, while Rin has imposed her values on Momoka, then refuses to uphold her obligations and takes her for granted and leads her on.

Anyways, interested where this is headed

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

This is retarded as fuck...

last edited at Dec 4, 2021 7:34PM

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

I'm impressed in an odd way. I don't really like either character and have no desire to see them get together, at least with how they are now. I can only think of maybe 2 other works where I felt like that, out of the hundreds of yuri I've read lol.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

it seems like i'm used to manga like this XD

just what kind of manga i've been reading

last edited at Dec 4, 2021 10:51PM

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Very valid points, I agree

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Reading through the comments here I've decided I'm not going to read this. Thanks to all for giving me enough information to make a decision.

uwauwauwauwauwa
Aad1217ee03a84ae2f55ba2988d97f47
joined Nov 9, 2021

Rin is 100% to blame here and I have no idea how people think Momoka is the problem.

The circumstance at the start is that Momoka dates and flirts with a lot of people.

Then Rin has a problem with those circumstances and wants to change them

Then Momoka tells her directly what actions Rin would need to do if she wants those circumstances to change.

Then Rin agrees with those actions.

Then Rin realizes she has issues with those actions and imposes additional rules on Momoka.

Then Momoka agrees with those additional rules as long as Rin keeps up her part of the deal.

Then Rin breaks her deal yet again.

Then Momoka gets understandably pissed and tells her not to contact her again.

And now you want to tell me that Momoka is to blame somehow?

I mean of course both of these girls have massive issues and both need a therapist in an ideal world, but morally, Momoka's only offence was getting jealous over Rin, while Rin has imposed her values on Momoka, then refuses to uphold her obligations and takes her for granted and leads her on.

Anyways, interested where this is heade

how is Rin the only one getting the blame????????????
+momoka was the one who said that they should date
+HOW THE FUCK DID RIN TAKE MOMOKA FOR GRANTED. MOMOKA WAS THE ONE WHO TAKED RIN FOR GRANTED.
+ Rin never said that she likes momoka, she didn't lead her on
+momoka was clearly aware that Rin doesn't want to have sex and Rin has every right to say no. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF YOU'RE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE FOR 50 YEARS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE SEX THEN IT'S A NO. (she fucking dragged Rin's ass in the hotel and didn't listen to what rin is saying)
-momoka is very possessive even if it was just Rin's friends (she tripped her and she snatched her hair and ofcourse Rin is gonna get angry at that you fucking bitch)
+Rin's rules about the relationships is the bare minimum and momoka has the right to decline those things.
You fucking incel.

last edited at Dec 5, 2021 7:49AM

joined Dec 4, 2021

how is Rin the only one getting the blame????????????
bla bla bla

Yeah you didn't get what I said at all. Of course Rin has a right to not have sex and do whatever she wants. Just as Momoka has the right to flirt with all the dudes she wants. But the key issue here is that RIN AGREED TO BE HER LOVER in order to change Momokas behaviour. Rin agreed to flirt with Momoka and have sex with her, but then didn't do any of the things she promised to do, and thought that Momoka would still stop flirting with other dudes (= taking her for granted)

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

I think Rin's idea of their "contract" was so different than what she expected to the point where she didn't know what to say at certain moments. And even now she's still doing that because INSTEAD OF BEING HONEST, MS. GURL CHOSE THE MOST SHALLOW THING TO SAY to Momoka and it's most definitely what she didn't want to hear from her.

Overall, kinda mad at Rin rn for expecting Momoka to just take her back after that kind of reasoning. I'm sure she'll later understand why what she did was wrong but who knows? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

joined Dec 5, 2021

I think Rin's idea of their "contract" was so different than what she expected to the point where she didn't know what to say at certain moments. And even now she's still doing that because INSTEAD OF BEING HONEST, MS. GURL CHOSE THE MOST SHALLOW THING TO SAY to Momoka and it's most definitely what she didn't want to hear from her.

Overall, kinda mad at Rin rn for expecting Momoka to just take her back after that kind of reasoning. I'm sure she'll later understand why what she did was wrong but who knows? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Momoka goes about things in a trash way so her expecting her to understand where shes coming from is her just reaching tbh. If she talked up more instead of just expecting “this is how it should play it” then they wouldn't be in this problem

joined Mar 28, 2021

Loving the parents in this manga. So chill letting their kids just live and do their own thing.

Excited to see what happens next.

Points for amazing art!!!

iwanttobeinafluffyyuri
Capture
joined Jun 15, 2019

Yeah you didn't get what I said at all. Of course Rin has a right to not have sex and do whatever she wants. Just as Momoka has the right to flirt with all the dudes she wants. But the key issue here is that RIN AGREED TO BE HER LOVER in order to change Momokas behaviour.

Being someone's lover does not give you the right to have sex with them at any time. It is not a good reason to cheat. It is not an issue.

I like the story, but Rin not wanting to have sex isn't an issue, it's normal. I thought Momoka was mad Rin called the relationship superficial.

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

I'm not sure what's going on in Rin's mind. She needs to make up her own, either dedicate herself in the relationship or just don't care about it.
I get that to her, this was superficial and a way to gatekeep Momoka and suppress her 'trauma' (about her mom). But that doesn't mean her intent can't be made clear to Momoka. They both should sit down and have a real talk.

(I'm genuinely enjoying the manga, I don't dislike any of the 2 main girls either. I think it's very interesting and I hardly turn away from one, unless it's really bad towards the end.)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

uwauwauwauwauwa posted:

You fucking incel.

Please review the rules before posting in the future. It's not okay to respond to people that way. You've been banned for a day. Thanks, take care.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

nice read so far

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

With how it’s basically become obvious, to Momoka especially, that Rin doesn’t love her. It’s even more ironic when she says the words “I’ll give you all of me” when that doesn’t really included her heart or love and Momoka knows it.

Ah, but she does love Momoka. But just like Momoka, she's afraid that admitting this might drive her away again. The wrong idea, sure, and indeed not what Momoka would have wanted to hear, but the way Momoka herself has been acting, you really can't blame Rin too much for getting things wrong either. The two still have a lot to learn about each other and their feelings, but I see no reason why this should not work out in the end, provided they eventually manage to properly talk things through.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Screw it. I like this type of manga. So I just bought it. Just to see the ending.

OK, Tankubon only has 6 chapters with an omake. Vol.2 is not out yet. So you guys must rely on the actual RAW mook to finish the last 2 chapters. Good job, and thank you!

last edited at Dec 5, 2021 8:11PM

NoraaTheExploraa
joined Dec 6, 2021

People defending Momoka acting like this is some legal case. Of course she's within her rights to be unnecessarily difficult, but if she actually wants a relationship with Rin, have some respect. Don't break it off because she won't immediately have sex with you. Yes, Rin is far from honest, but Momoka knows this, if she just had some patience it'd quite clearly work out.

"Oh woe is me, my friend who I tricked into dating me isn't immediately madly in love, I have no choice but to run off and sleep with some random girl"

last edited at Dec 6, 2021 5:55AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.