Forum › And Then, the Two of Us... discussion

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Fascinating story. Glad I checked it out after seeing recent posts in the forum. It seems like this could easily be seen as both metaphorical and literal, though I'd lean towards metaphorical.

Given how Yuu reacts with pleasure when being licked, I'd assume it's a representation of (physical/emotional) intimacy healing wounds. I mean wounds being healed is literally what's shown. And that bathroom scene with the two of them pressed up against each other. It's pretty blatant those are basically kisses, with the person who drinks the other's blood being the one who does the kissing. It makes Yuu taking in Fushiko's blood near the end more meaningful, since even though she's practically led to it by Fushiko, she does finally do it. Presumably the first time she kisses Fushiko instead of the other way around.

Darkness, black mist, whatever is a standard symbol of a host of things: despair, loneliness, emptiness, etc. Impossible to say what exactly it means here but whatever it is, I'd hazard a guess it comes back because Fushiko knows she has to leave soon, not because of anything Yuu says, which matches what she said about how it's not Yuu's fault.

Oh and Yuu probably asks her why not talk to some of their other classmates cause Fushiko's focus on her does unsettle her. She probably doesn't understand Fushiko's attraction to her or her own growing attraction. Her reaction changes over time though. In elementary school she just thinks it's too much; in middle school she starts wanting to keep the other girls away from Fushiko. Too bad she doesn't realize her feelings until the end.

Since 18 is the age at which people finish high school in Japan/go to college, them becoming adults and being able to make their own choices, move locations, see each other, etc. is probably all that means.

That last panel is really ominous and I can't tell if that's the intended effect or if it's meant to be a calming darkness. Considering Yuu says the black mist is terrifying, a panel of pure black except for bubbles or some shit doesn't leave the best impression.

I'm tired of speculation now, but what a cute story of two young girls falling in love. That's all that matters in the end right? It's a typical plot line with a potentially dark twist.

last edited at May 24, 2020 4:34AM

joined Feb 6, 2018

Not sure if anyone else got this impression but I kept getting the idea that she was a mermaid. Cause the mist phenomenon and they way it’s shaped like bubbles. In OG tale of little mermaid The mermaid unable to fulfill her love because of sea foam. Don’t really have an idea of how it fits in the grand scheme of the story.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

It's been five years. I'm pretty sure she's 18 now. Author-san, sequel pls ;_;

To reply you must either login or sign up.