Forum › Picture of Tears discussion

joined Oct 9, 2019

I wasn't rooting for Yuri for once in my laifu and the author makes Koike out to be a piece of shit asshole. I'm now rooting for MC to say fuck everyone and do her own thing

joined Apr 29, 2019

Reminder that the author is Asano assistant. Despair is coming!

joined May 31, 2019

I'm just here waiting Riko to fire those miniguns in her eyes......

joined Feb 22, 2018

The nickname that Riko gives Sae- "Koeda"- literally means "Twig". Its a pun on Sae's kanji: "Little Branch".

last edited at Mar 24, 2020 7:29AM

joined Feb 22, 2018

The nickname that Riko gives Sae- "Koeda"- literally means "Twig". Its a pun on Sae's kanji: "Little Branch".

Riko is written in Katakana, but if you use the kanji antecedents of her characters, her name would mean "selfishness" or "self interest".

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

If they all end up being split personalities, I swear to Madokami...

joined Mar 30, 2016

Riko is written in Katakana, but if you use the kanji antecedents of her characters, her name would mean "selfishness" or "self interest".

does koike have any special kanji?

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

stan and i hadn't realized that. stan just said "it's a mystery." thanks for the info.

we hadn't realized this either. ty.

does koike have any special kanji?

koike is written as 小池
小 is "small" im pretty sure.
jisho.org says 池 is "pond"

not sure how that relates to riko/sae/koeda if it does at all?

maybe stan will be able to provide more info when he's available.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yeppp this going down a strange and dark path

joined Feb 14, 2013

Yeah, I can definitely feel the Asano in this. There's no way of knowing if it'll be anywhere near as depressing and melancholic as his work can be, but this is pretty surreal.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This is becoming creepier by the chapter.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

This is becoming better by the chapter

This is so gripping, I can't wait for the next chapter

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Next chapter will be the last

"bruh"

last edited at Apr 9, 2020 7:40AM

joined Jan 9, 2020

Man, I'd love to peek inside Riko's head, because something in there is powerfully off-kilter.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Last already ? Well that was fast.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Have a feeling that even the author herself is rooting for these two.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Koike kun fuck u!!!!!

"what did I like about him?" I guess It wasn't love, but for the first time she felt appreciated for being just herself so she glorified that, maybe?

No matter what past, redemption or whatever Riko might have in the last chapter, if she can't defend her supposedly best friend in the class, she doesn't deserve her.

I can't believe is ending! I have absolute no idea where this is going

joined Oct 10, 2016

So basically

neither of them should be together, in any combinations

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

i'll push to try to pick up whatever this mangaka does next, so if you're sad its almost over, i'm sure this is just the start of a great career. there's also a one shot version of this that came first we may also do.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I get that Riko's whole thing is that she's loved by everyone, but man, Kioke just switching feels like it comes out of nowhere. I thought the author had something good going down here, but this chapter really pulled me out of it. I hope the next/last chapter redeems this story.

joined Jul 22, 2016

page 013 is just so wow. I kind of get what Koike's saying about contrast in pictures.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

With the next chapter being the last, I worry that there won't be enough to have a satisfying payoff for the series. It feels like there's too much still up in the air at the moment.

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Sorry for the long delay between chapter 5 and 6. That's entirely on me. Depression's been kicking my ass, also the ending of this is totally unsatisfying and that didn't help either. Bummer... Anyway, that's the last chapter. Enjoy ?

last edited at Jun 2, 2020 8:35PM

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

i dun get it

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Sorry for the long delay between chapter 5 and 6. That's entirely on me. Depression's been kicking my ass, also the ending of this is totally unsatisfying and that didn't help either. Bummer... Anyway, that's the last chapter. Enjoy ?

Nah... Thanks for the hard work...

But yeah... Bad end was appropriate

To reply you must either login or sign up.