Forum › Anime season

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

shadesofgreymoon posted:

I've level maxed my Kyouko, Sayaka, and Homura, tho out of that bunch only Homura has her doppel cuz it's so damn resource expensive and I don't like to pay real money, lol. Working on Mami and Madoka next... Only Iroha and Yachiyo have all 4 card slots open though.

I maxed most megucas I cared about from ones I dropped and almost got all doppels that are available for them. How long are you playing? I play since launch so I had a lot of time to get mats and money to use. I did spend money, but only twice and 1 went almost entirely for guarantee gacha.

Also I'm dumb and don't know how to add people....

It's simple. Tap on icon under news and in menu there you have friends. Go into find players and write my nick there. I should be only result, unless there's some other Nevri. I have max slot Ren on my all slot.

last edited at Jan 11, 2020 9:11PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Also I'm dumb and don't know how to add people....

It's simple. Tap on icon under news and in menu there you have friends. Go into find players and write my nick there. I should be only result, unless there's some other Nevri. I have max slot Ren on my all slot.

Yup I found you!

And I've only been playing off and on for about 3 months.

last edited at Jan 11, 2020 9:21PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Okay we finally had subtitles for 22/7 and I have to say... hmmm, WHAT lo/ looks like it wants to be different but it might've gone a bit too far, who knows... we'll have to wait and see, I feel like thanks to Revue Starlight, I can swallow the whole premise with more open mind but I've been waiting 2 years for this and it's really different from what I thought hahaha. Also, the protagonist, to be frank I didn't like her voice and that's like totally not good for an idol anime but thankfully after 20 minutes I got used to her. Plus there are for now 4 girls I like and that's good.

Also, there's this anime called Boku no Tonari ni Ankoku Hakaishin ga Imasu I bet you once thought that the kirara series or the typical cute girls doing cute things would look super weird if they were guys doing the exact same thing... Well that's exactly what that anime is hahaha ah but don't get me wrong, I don't think that's super weird, I'm just saying, too bad they're guys because I would be going full turbo KYAAAAA if they were girls instead... It was a fun first episode.

Nevri posted:

Serenata posted:

I'm probably the only one who watches MHA

I was watching it until One For All was defeated. It really felt like that was supposed to be what series will be building towards and the final obstacle, so when this plot thread was concluded in very satisfying way, I lost any interest in watching series anymore. I know Shigaraki was supposed to be true villain from the very start, but I can't help to feel, what I feel. Also I had some issues with setting already and especially hearing spoilers what happens later, really made me feel like this series is vastly overrated and isn't really as clever and good as people make it to be.

To be frank, I love the manga, never had a problem with it but then they made the culture festival arc, it's... odd. Almost like a filler but that was easy to ignore later but then they decided to give Deku the possibilities of multiple quirks and he hasn't mastered the first one yet and that, in one word felt WRONG like it goes against his character, I can't get used to it and idk if I will ever feel good with it. Luckily, I still like everything else

last edited at Jan 12, 2020 12:18AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

First episode of Magia Record was already great, but second one is simply amazing. Best adaptation I have ever seen and I already consider it one of my favorite animes of all time.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's certainly the anime I've most enjoyed watching for some time. And definitely the best mobage adaptation (possibly the best game adaptation)

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu is very cute but it's better to not think about it too seriously because the game mechanics are very arbitrary and convenient haha.

I find it being apparently controversial kinda weird since I've literally never seen a fictional MMO that actually makes sense (and this is clearly a comedy). Even Log Horizon is batshit insane outside of combat mechanics

But, yeah, fun, cute series

Okay we finally had subtitles for 22/7

Yeah, that was not what I expected. I think it's intended as allegory? I feel like it needs to lean more into the stranger elements if it wants to use them; as is it feels incoherent

Oh, and I thought the new Show by Rock was pretty decent. More standard "cute girls making music", but an all-around solid production

last edited at Jan 12, 2020 4:03AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Natsunagu looks cosy, too bad it's so short.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm probably the only one who watches MHA here

Nope! I watch it too. Although it's not my preferred genre of anime and I do get awfully tired of power creep anime. I watch it now almost as a background show while I'm playing Magia Record or something, heh. Although I am glad they actually got Eri back in the latest episode, her backstory is just too frikken cruel. And I am pretty apathetic about Mirio because his character design has always rubbed me the wrong way, lol.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Gay Asteroid is cute.

Oh, and I thought the new Show by Rock was pretty decent. More standard "cute girls making music", but an all-around solid production

Yeah! And they have more creative freedom with this one since the new game isn't out yet, new girls(and plusies) and endless possibilities, I hope it gets gay later. Most of the yuri in OG was in the game. I wonder if we'll see the other bands...hmmm...probably cameos.

Actually, let me share some of the Retoree's LR lines:
First of...her title: Retoree · Eternal ❤ Cyan Daisuki.
Her skill line: ETERNAAAAL CYAN DAAAISUKIII. She screams this every time her skill procs lol
She has another line but the game is closed for good and I don't remember it exactly, but it was another love declaration.

Cheety LR had a really good one too!
One of her random dialogues was about how she feels her chest tighten when Lyna flirts speaks with other girls...yep.
Lyna's lines are about her being boyish. TL;DR she's a flirt, but she's totally not doing it intentionally. It's her fan girls...yep totally.

I wish I shared the ones I had before the game died. I had loads of fun listening to those a month ago when they were practically giving them away for free.

joined Jan 21, 2015

22/7 has some supernatural elements, but at its core it feels like it's going to be an idol drama. I don't know if it's going to be a good one, but it's not going to be a show for me either way. Might check back later if I hear about yuri developments or if it turns out to be incredible or something.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken is the best anime I've seen in years. It reminds me of why I care about the medium even when it feels like 99% of what gets made is trash.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Someone translated the first chapter of the 22/7 manga https://mangadex.org/title/44653/22-7-nanabun-no-nijyuuni it should help understanding the characters better (if the anime skips these stuff)

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Oshi ga budoukan ittekuretara shinu has some strong subtext and a lesbian couple who is already canon (and they're too cute, my heart can't take it).But what I love the most about the anime is the fans' reactions, it's way too pure. I mean there are a lot of (good) idol animes but this one is refreshing. From the two episodes that already came out, it seems like the relationship between the fans and the idols will be the main focus, without making the plot too heavy, and I don't think I've ever seen an anime dealing with this kind of subject or making it the main plot. And by the way, I want to stan ChamJam now, they're so cute and precious and the opening is good, I hope we'll get the chance to listen to a whole song from the group. Anyway, the anime is promising, I'm really looking forward to the next episodes.

last edited at Jan 16, 2020 5:09PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

They're gays Harold.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Asteroids in Love also keeps jumping over the boundary of "super friends" and thanks to Oneechan experiment, we can confirm that Ao is pretty gay for Mira.

Also this character https://myanimelist.net/character/169040/Mai_Inose is just https://myanimelist.net/character/69505/Kokona_Aoba but older lo/

But is not all great, I think the best fried Moe should really really calm down with her perverted reactions... Because compared to the rest of the cast she's too "loud"

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Asteroids in Love also keeps jumping over the boundary of "super friends" and thanks to Oneechan experiment, we can confirm that Ao is pretty gay for Mira.

Also this character https://myanimelist.net/character/169040/Mai_Inose is just https://myanimelist.net/character/69505/Kokona_Aoba but older lo/

But is not all great, I think the best fried Moe should really really calm down with her perverted reactions... Because compared to the rest of the cast she's too "loud"

I'm sure Mira's onee-chan can help calm her down.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Channeling her inner Mya-nee.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I didn't have much expectations for Show by Rock but... It's adorable! LIKE SUPER ADORABLE! that second half of ep02

last edited at Jan 18, 2020 9:41AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

I'm probably the only one who watches MHA here but I just wanted to say that I'm very sad with this arc adaptation, in terms of animation is mostly special effects in static pictures, and flash of lights with rumbling ... And we were thinking that they saved the best for this one episode but no, it was ... less than what we know they can do and they only made it look great for like 15 seconds. And when you think about Kimetsu no Yaiba and Fire Force and how they tried to improve what the manga did (And succeeded) you would think that one of the most popular and successful shonen of the decade, after a year of break and uneventful start of the season(mostly talking) would deliver something good but I guess, the hype was too high.

Blade of the immortals fight animation far worse i guess anime industry losing good fight animation director. literally just a flashy static shot.

somebody please subs kaijuu girls kuro movie and illya phantasm ova!

last edited at Jan 18, 2020 10:35AM

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Anyone interested in Oshi ga Budoukan? I watched episode 1 without really knowing what it was about, and was really surprised: it looked totally yuri! The two main characters, a minor idol and her dedicated fan, seem to have passionate feelings for each other, but, because they are useless lesbians very conscious of the taboo that says it's wrong for an idol and a fan to become too close, they don't cross the line.

Then I tried to find more info and it turned out that this anime is an adaptation of an ongoing manga by HIRAO AURI.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes any hope that something yuri may develop in this story. >_<

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

They're gays Harold.

Seem yuri enough to me already

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well I hope this series doesn't end with "The best way to support her career is to let her go... :') Because Idols belong to everyone" THE END

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Hope springs eternal.
But Auri Hirao is bad news.

I looked it up in mangaupdates.com and Oshi ga Budoukan Itte Kuretara Shinu is tagged as Comedy, Drama, Seinen and Slice of Life. Other series by Auri (like Manga no Tsukurikata) are tagged Yuri or Shoujo Ai, but this one doesn't have those tags. Even after 6 volumes.

The anime will probably be a fun watch, yuri or no yuri, but I won't set my expectations for romance too high.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Hope springs eternal.
But Auri Hirao is bad news.

I looked it up in mangaupdates.com and Oshi ga Budoukan Itte Kuretara Shinu is tagged as Comedy, Drama, Seinen and Slice of Life. Other series by Auri (like Manga no Tsukurikata) are tagged Yuri or Shoujo Ai, but this one doesn't have those tags.

Ohmahgod Manga no Tsukurikata! that wreck! now I remember why the name Auri Hirao triggered a feeling of danger, dread and doom... :((

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The subtext in Show by Rock is so cute hahahaha the new cat (or Retoree 2.0) is sooooo cute around the protagonist, she can't even keep her cool face when she's too close.
I thought ep03 would be all about the boys band but they put a lot of the girls side here and there so yeah WATCH IT

And the ED has some fluffy tail action

last edited at Jan 23, 2020 1:20PM

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Just in case anyone's interested, "Kase-san & Morning Glories" OVA is now available for streaming on Hidive!
https://www.hidive.com/movies/kase-san-and-morning-glories

joined Jul 23, 2019

Ohmahgod Manga no Tsukurikata! that wreck! now I remember why the name Auri Hirao triggered a feeling of danger, dread and doom... :((

First time I hear the name Auri Hirao. I never read any of his manga.
I looked up "Manga no Tsukurikata!" and it's a huge thing, 46 chapters. It's hosted here in Dynasty archive. What's so bad about it?

To reply you must either login or sign up.