Forum › Sugar wa Otoshigoro discussion

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

i'm glad Keiko is not the typical innocent-ignorant-clumsy-trying-to-get-to-know-by-asking-and-confronting-and-bombarding-with-questions-acting-to-know-it-all-i'll-save-you-you're-important-to-me-so-say-it-all-at-once-now type of friend, instead she examines herself and Asami as a separate person with her own circumstances, (then keeps on 'discerning' with those 'mind-boggling scenes', which i'm glad were just her creative imagination) while not failing to deliver her feelings to Asami . . .

so far there're only up to chapter 11 since last year, but i hope their story ends well

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

i'm glad Keiko is not the typical innocent-ignorant-clumsy-trying-to-get-to-know-by-asking-and-confronting-and-bombarding-with-questions-acting-to-know-it-all-i'll-save-you-you're-important-to-me-so-say-it-all-at-once-now type of friend

Love it! :D

joined Jan 30, 2013

It's weird but I liked it.

edit: 100th post, woohoo

last edited at Oct 24, 2015 3:38AM

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

It's weird but I like it.

edit: 100th post, woohoo

Congrats xD .. I didn't think of that (Celebrating my 100th post T-T)

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

Is it worth to read this even if it's abandoned or does it leave you too disappointed at the end?

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Is it worth to read this even if it's abandoned or does it leave you too disappointed at the end?

Hmm.. I'm not sure, it is great story and all but in the end you're gonna want to know how it's goin' to continue.... Soo, read it anyway! :D

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

read the spoiler. it have shit end!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Never really bothered to read this since its status is Abandoned. What happens? :p

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

the synopsis says the manga was abandoned. anyone know if it was ever finished?

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

No, not finished and not officialy abondened/dropped either. It's just that Animexis never found another translator to continue where the last one left of. So it remains in some kind of limbo until someone willing to tranlate it reaches out to them.

joined Apr 14, 2013

I wish I could translate, I'd love to finish this story :/ oh well

Whimp
joined Oct 31, 2014

Augh I wish the rest was translated T//^//T

joined Jul 14, 2015

So was Asami's backstory in this chapter Keiko's imagination then? This chapter confused me a bit.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

koneko

Can you point me to that spoiler? I've been looking for info and can't find it.

I just read this and thought it was really good, and then saw it was abandoned. (Unobservant, that's me.) And so I was thinking that, depending on how this story turns out, I might want to pick it up or volunteer as translator for it at Animexis. (They list the series as on hiatus due to lack of a translator.)

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 5:27PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuri Girl 1001

I just read this and thought it was really good, and then saw it was abandoned. (Unobservant, that's me.) And so I was thinking that, depending on how this story turns out, I might want to pick it up or volunteer as translator for it at Animexis. (They list the series as on hiatus due to lack of a translator.)

Animexis is inactive again. Kanapox went missing again so I'm not sure if it work out. He went busy with real life for like a half year or so once and now it seems he did it again. Cleaning and translation for Teppuu 30 were done and send to him like around half year ago and he still didn't release it as well as didn't give any sign of being still there.

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 5:34PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Nevri

Yuri Girl 1001

I just read this and...

Animexis is inactive again. Kanapox went missing again so I'm not sure if it work out. He went busy with real life for like a half year or so once and now it seems he did it again. Cleaning and translation for Teppuu 30 were done and send to him like around half year ago and he still didn't release it as well as didn't give any sign of being still there.

That's too bad. Well if I should decide I want to work on this, I'll still try applying there. If nothing comes of it, I'll reconsider whether I'd want to pick it up. I've already checked and it looks like getting used copies of the tanks wouldn't be a problem.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuri Girl 1001

That's too bad. Well if I should decide I want to work on this, I'll still try applying there. If nothing comes of it, I'll reconsider whether I'd want to pick it up. I've already checked and it looks like getting used copies of the tanks wouldn't be a problem.

I don't forbid you if you decided to translate it, but considering current state of matter, maybe it would be faster trying to cooperate with some other group. I'm pretty sure there is plenty of typesetters that would be more than willing to help you once you are done with translation.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I'm pretty sure there is plenty of typesetters that would be more than willing to help you once you are done with translation.

That would be a nice world to live in

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Nevri

I don't forbid you if you decided to translate it, but considering current state of matter, maybe it would be faster trying to cooperate with some other group. I'm pretty sure there is plenty of typesetters that would be more than willing to help you once you are done with translation.

Yes, that's a thought too. But I still want to know more about how it turns out before deciding either way, and I haven't found anything online. I don't want to invest the time if, for instance, it has a het ending. If, however, the ending were tragic, but still yuri, I might want to. Of course if koneko's info is off and it doesn't have a "shit end," then I'm pretty sure I'd want to.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Gulf Standard

I'm pretty sure there is plenty of typesetters that would be more than willing to help you once you are done with translation.

Common, people that can typeset are way more common than translators ;x

Yuri Girl 1001

Yes, that's a thought too. But I still want to know more about how it turns out before deciding either way

I know what you mean. I was even interested in lending hand myself if I found story interesting enough (at least what was translated so far), but it turned out they had problem with translator for Teppu going missing and I even done translation for 30, but then it turned out his e-mails just didn't get through and after Kanapox confirmed to get everything, he went missing ;x

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 6:03PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Gulf Standard

True. From what I've heard, Yuri Project does seem to be short of typesetters. (And not just Yuri Project.) Still, this is the featured story right now, someone could volunteer. Or if I want it enough, I could do it myself (though I'm behind on my current projects.)

joined Jan 21, 2015

koneko

Can you point me to that spoiler? I've been looking for info and can't find it.

Here are spoilers for the ending. I figure if the series finished its run years ago and people want to know...

Short version: not a het ending, but not really yuri either. Kinda open-ended I guess? The dude is definitely out of the equation in any case.

Long version:
The manga obviously got axed before the author could give it the conclusion she wanted (or even any sort of conclusion that made sense) because the ending is seriously rushed.
At the end of chapter 12, Asami goes missing. It's implied her past caught up with her. Hatanaka and Honda spend the last volume looking for her. They don't find her. Neither the characters nor the reader find out what happened to her. Months go by. The last chapter is mostly an imagined scenario about what could happen when Asami comes back: 15 pages of the two girls hanging out and growing up (and cutting all ties with Honda, thank fuck). Then there's a text box that goes "Sorry, all of that was a lie".
In the actual timeline, Hatanaka has a dream about Asami who tells her that they'll definitely see each other again. This is just me speculating, but it seemed like we were expected to believe that Asami would say the same things if they were having the conversation in person. So she's probably not dead.

The last sentence: Dream-Asami saying "I love you" (aishiteru yo) to Hatanaka.

For what it's worth, I remember really enjoying this one.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Common, people that can typeset are way more common than translators

can not will

As it stands, I've had to start going outside the yuri genre to get things typeset, which really wasn't something I particularly wanted to do

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

TB

Here are spoilers for the ending. I figure if the series finished its run years ago and people want to know...

Thanks for the reply, TB. Hmm, I'll have to think about this one. I may end up ordering the last volume just to look at it more closely.

Gulf Standard

Common, people that can typeset are way more common than translators

can not will

As it stands, I've had to start going outside the yuri genre to get things typeset, which really wasn't something I particularly wanted to do

One reason I formed my own solo scanlation group was I wanted to be sure of having staff who'd work on what I wanted done and would keep me up to date on their progress. (I should note that Procyon has really helped me out with translation checks and quality checks in general, so is it really a solo group?)

Keeping them up to date? Guilty as charged. When I typeset a chapter for Yuri Project, I got a quick start and typeset four pages; then I went for months without touching it or letting anyone know what was happening. For what it's worth, I did eventually finish that one.

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 6:38PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

TB

Thanks for the reply, TB. Hmm, I'll have to think about this one. I may end up ordering the last volume just to look at it more closely.

No problem. Just so you know, volume 3 contains chapters 13-18. And a single extra page after the ending.

To reply you must either login or sign up.