Forum › Starlight Vega (GxG Visual Novel) is Now Released!

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

We am pleased to announce that Starlight Vega is officially released!

Featuring multiple choices that affect the story, ten available endings, romantic routes of the yuri variety, and over 8-10 hours of content - We hope the game will provide an enjoyable experience for all!

The Steam edition includes trading cards and achievements on release. Discount on steam for the first week. The game is also available for direct download for DRM free copy via Itch-io. Links will be on the blog post below.

http://www.razzartvisual.com/starlightvega/starlight-vega-now-available/

Thanks to everyone here at Dynasty-Scans that helped us with feedback early on in production, backing the Kickstarter campaign, and spreading the word :D you guys were a big help! We managed to fix bugs here and there, but feel free to let me know if you find anything else as we're trying to fix any inconsistencies. Your feedback is always welcome! :D

joined Oct 12, 2013

Played the shit out of it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good job!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Congrats!

I'm grabbing my copy right now.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Can someone post a walkthrough...I swear I've played this game 5 different times looking for Scherza's route. ;-;

[EDIT: FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT. Thank you for the great game btw, it's amazing]

[EDIT 2: Now that I've played Scherza's route, I must say it's my favorite. I will say the ending felt a bit abrupt, but who am I to complain lol. Game was astounding all around.]

last edited at Apr 17, 2016 10:57PM

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Dat NTR ending tho... was not expecting that lol

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Aww thank you all! Whose everyone's favorite gal? XD Also out of curiosity, which order did you all play in?

@HypocriticalLiar I'm personally glad to hear that since I wrote her route primarily :) sadly Razz wasn't able to give me the go-ahead to expand her scenes since in actuality, Scherza has the longest route wordcount wise. The extra backstory does that.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I'm playing it and I'm loving every moment! Is just wonderful.

So far I have played Lyria's and Melody route. And got the NTR ending too. (Woah, that was really harsh... I just wanted to save Melody... T_T). I gonna try Scherza's one next. But, I'm quite resentful agains her right now.

So far, Melody is my absolute favorite. She's so kind and adorable. She makes an adorable couple with Aria. Even if Aria is sometimes dense as a neutron star.
Swear that sometimes I wanted to get inside the screen and slap Aria. "C'mon, girl!! Get a clue!! You making her suffer!!"

And let's not talk about Melody in Lyria's route. Being Melody is suffering.

Anyways, fantastic game! The writing, the art, the music, is a great visual novel!

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

I'm torn between Melody and Scherza. I go all hanyaan for a well-executed clingy, childhood friend but Scherza was the more interesting character, with greater depth. I also liked that Scherza needed winning over, while Melody and Lyria were pretty much obsessed from start. It gave Scherza's narrative a little more suspense and momentum. It left you wondering 'if' rather than 'when'.

Lyria did little for me, sadly. I kept getting flashbacks to Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo. Not a bad thing in itself, but it was to the point where I struggled to separate the two characters in my head. It broke immersion something chronic, and it made me feel very old. She was maybe too playful and immature, or even too nice, to be a tasty sexual threat. Her boundary pushing felt less like a dominant woman seducing an ingenue, and more like a pushy teenager, grossly overestimating herself. There is charm in the latter, of course, but I'm unsure if it really tickles my fancy. Perhaps it would be the kind of thing that makes more sense with a shounen protagonist?

Still good work. I felt it rewarded multiple playthroughs. The plot and characters really benefited from exposure to their different aspects. I found the first run a little confusing and underwhelming, (I ended up lurching from Lyria to Melody, so it felt like half of one story, and half of another) but after exploring a little, everything made a lot more sense, and the emotional beats hit harder. Most visual novels I've played seem to do the opposite - everything just pales after the first run - but you've managed the opposite. I'd say that's an achievement.

Good luck with any future projects. I regret that Catch Canvas doesn't look like my bag, but I'll keep an eye out anyway. I'm open to persuasion.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

@rincewind - Well your reaction to Scherza is reasonable, I do hope she turns your feelings around once you get on her route. If it helps at all, you don't get much Melody on Scherza's route so it shouldn't hurt like being on Lyria's route. I know the feeling exactly in what you mean. Thank you for playing!

@Substance - When the original game was just Mel and Lyria, I also picked Melody as my preferred choice. Though in the end after writing in everyone's route, some more than others, I did end up preferring Scherza, but I'm very biased since I had the most freedom to write in her route. I'll have to agree it's just a matter of personal preference who we like best. I am getting an overall impression everyone seems to like all the girls to some degree. Who is the best pairing for Aria? shrugs Thank you for the kind words!

I'll admit Catch Canvas may not fit everyone's personal tastes, but Razz is working on another pure yuri game called Queen of the Pack. If you would like to help fund this game with the opportunity to see early sketches and concept work, you can donate to her at https://www.patreon.com/razzart?ty=h She wants to try to fund the game via Patreon instead of Kickstarter if possible. I believe the game will be about as large as Starlight Vega, so any type of support, even word of mouth is highly appreciated :D She has a few art posts so far about the new game for patrons only.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Working in the Scherza route right now! (Well, not right now, but I will after work).
Took me a while to find it... which makes me feel a fool, because in retrospective was kinda obvious how to reach it. But I always picked the other choice while fiddling with Melody in the Book, without even thinking.
And when I finally started it... was late already. :(

And got the another bad end while on it.
Which in fact, is a bit less bad than the other, the NTR ending.
Yes, Aria is forgotten by her Mom and Melody.

But in the Mom case, she surely can use two things that can ever surpasse Magic! Science and Burocracy!!
I mean, she can take a DNA test which can confirm that they're related. And tons of documents and papers should still state that her is in fact her daughter.

And for Melody. She just need to befriend her again. And make fall in love with her, again. I can bet that would not be that hard.

Bad, yes, but better that the other were Melody was missing forever.

Also, I'm not thrilled for Catch Canvas. But Queen of the Pack, now we're talking!!

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I have finished Scherza route. (Now I only need to find the Harem route!)
Scherza, well, grown on me. That's for sure.
Her route is very nice. We get more information (which give us even more questions regarding some of the backstory!) And Scherza herself behind the frozen mask is cute. I liked how progress the relationship.
To be honest, I'm still conflicted about some of the actions of Scherza. But, I liked her route. Is my second favorite behind Melody's route.
By the way, Melody is for sure a graceful loser. (Maybe too much of a graceful loser sometimes).

Anyways, I love so much this game. Enjoyed a LOT playing it... and I still have the Harem ending to look forward to.

But one thing puzzles me.
When Lyria NTR Melody kissing Aria... even if I choose to Aria to tell Melody that she loves Lyria, after travelling to Vega, the whole episode is forgotten, and Melody route plays as if nothing happened. I expected some angst or drama.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Hello again rincewind. Thanks for playing the whole game :D Glad you liked it! Agreed, Melody's definitely the best best friend one can have, and a great girlfriend too. And about that, I did inform Razz about itt and she said it's an error. She'll be fixing it in the next update. Thank you for letting us know!

joined Jan 8, 2014

I played through for the first time(Melody good ending)! and then it was "I can stay up later still" having alot of fun with different selections and routes, getting set to play a little again ^_^
Wonderful job! Congrats!

To reply you must either login or sign up.