Forum › Edible Flowers discussion

joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh dear. The flowers, the sad look when saying "I'm single right now".

Adult-chan's ex-girlfriend got married, calling it right now.

And I bet the bouquet was for their wedding, or a present to them.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I wonder if florist-girl was using 'boku' and such in the original, that along with the hat and short hair could lead to a bit of a misunderstanding as long as you don't glance down.

Both of these characters are adorable, and I like the story setup. I hope there's a lot more to come.

edit: Ooh, there's two more chapters and some pretty art on the author's pixiv account. Nice!

last edited at Feb 11, 2016 12:39PM

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Man, I love the old school shojo look. Lots of great artists out there but that style is so nice to see sometimes. Always have been a shojo manga fan anyways. Something about it screams "fluffy romance" and I am a sucker for that.

S
joined Dec 9, 2015

Oh dear. The flowers, the sad look when saying "I'm single right now".

Adult-chan's ex-girlfriend got married, calling it right now.

And I bet the bouquet was for their wedding, or a present to them.

The call sounded too work-like. I think there's too much reading into it...anyone that doesn't want to be single and is single looks like that at times. I just wish there was some indicator of age in ch.1. As for boy-girl look, I guess she was only looking at the face before noticing the body.

And the title could have hinted at something raunchy but I guess not with the current vibe.

last edited at Feb 11, 2016 1:06PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

What does she mean, "A boy?" She has boobs for goodness sake...
But anyways the art is cute!

Well, when she came in, Eve was reading a magazine, which was held in front of her chest. Then, when they were talking to each other, Hanaoka-san was looking, politely and appropriately, at her eyes. (If she were a man, she would have likely already checked her out...) It was only after Eve began preparing the bouquet and Hanaoka took the time to look at her, initially looking at the face, short hair, and page-boy cap that leaves a masculine impression, then allowing her gaze to wander and seeing that she is definitely female. (I got the distinct impression from the image of Hanaoka on the bottom of page three that she was "looking her up and down" or "checking her out"...)

I love this. At first I was thinking it was a one-shot and was surprised that Hanaoka didn't turn at the end and ask her if she wouldn't come have dinner with her to use these edible flowers, but when I realized it is a series, I thought that the pacing was excellent! There is a clear attraction on Eve's part and it certainly seems that Hanaoka is not indifferent toward Eve, possibly attracted to her, and most certainly lonely! I am eager to learn what caused that sad, forlorn look on her face when she said she was single.

I also appreciate the double entendre of the title! Those aren't the only "Edible Flowers" around, eh?

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

I wonder how big is the age gap tho, I can't tell with the first chapter

12 years. Eve/Ibuki (both names are used) is 19 while Hanaoka is 31.

I wonder if florist-girl was using 'boku' and such in the original, that along with the hat and short hair could lead to a bit of a misunderstanding as long as you don't glance down.

Ibuki does use "boku" as a first person pronoun, but she hadn't used it by the time Hanaoka had asked that question to herself. After a quick glace, I don't think she uses 'I' until the third chapter... (Japanese tends to drop the subject of a sentence, so that's how that worked.)

I also appreciate the double entendre of the title! Those aren't the only "Edible Flowers" around, eh?

Ironically, lilies are not edible...

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

What does she mean, "A boy?" She has boobs for goodness sake...

That happens more than you'd think.

As someone with boobs and short hair, I agree. Being called sir is very frequent.

Can confirm.
Happens to me a lot too.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Looks already good!

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Was about to suggest this be added. Read what was translated on Danbooru.

joined Oct 30, 2015

I'm going to ship them~ AN IMMEDIATE SHIP! Eve x Hanaoko or Hanaoko x Eve <3 I prefer it either way~`! Eve has such a handsome-hairstyle ! <33 (Don't mind my fetishes...) Kyaaa~ They're going to be such a good match! <333

joined Aug 16, 2015

This gon' be good.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

her breasts aren't big and maybe behind an apron? and the woman may be preoccupied with the bouquet order not being there.

joined Jan 31, 2013

That hair tuck behind the ear tho. A simple gesture, yet works like magic!
She definitely wants the booty :v

Diiis
joined Sep 14, 2015

Both of their characters are so cute. Ahh... fantastic.

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

This yuri looks edible.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Its always great to see more age gap yuri, especially ones with great artwork like this one. I can't wait for the next chapter.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Well I'm invested!

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

age gap, office lady, short hair and the cuteness of everything

Sold, sold, sold aaand sold. I can't wait for the next chapter!

Salama
joined Jun 11, 2015

This one is drawn incredibly cute, and the story seems like it'll get really interesting. I'll look for updates with this one.

<3 adorable

joined Aug 16, 2015

Ohhhhhh! It's happening!

joined Mar 25, 2013

Wow, that's kinda refreshing. A character that realizes that she wants something and doesn't torment herself for however many chapters with what-ifs and just goes for it.

Really nice, kinda wished that the pages weren't so small though xD

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

But is there more?! I need this cuteness in mah life.

Panty%20from%20p.s.w.g
joined Jul 10, 2015

It's happening!! YESS!!

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

That last line was a heart skip away from cream in my panties .

To reply you must either login or sign up.