Forum › Tsundere discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Why do people like tsundere so much? Is it because it's funny? I know that's the reason I like it.

At the same time, I can see why people don't like it - too often, authors go down the route of having the tsundere beat up her love interest, to the point where it goes from funny to abusive. That's probably why even though I still like that character type, I much prefer the more subdued, calm and non-violent types. Does anyone feel the same way?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I dislike most of them cause they act illogical most of the time which makes me sob mathematically

joined May 23, 2015

I can like it if it's done well, but in many cases it's just an excuse to be violent or to prevent any sort of actual development which just turns obnoxious.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Why do people like tsundere so much?

It's much more pleasing to see character development for a tsundere. See how much Taiga (of Toradora) change from the beginning and near the end. Or how much the relationship of Chitoge and Raku (of Nisekoi, which is what happens when two tsundere are asked to fake a relationship) change as the series goes on.

Sadly, most authors don't even bother. Sometimes, the anime adaptation turns up the tsun (sometimes too much), which turns people of. See Akane (Ranma 1/2), Sakura (Naruto) and Naru (Love Hina).

last edited at Oct 31, 2015 4:24AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It depends of the type of Tsundere. The girls who goes from tsun-tsun to dere-dere are the more interesting. They start by being cold or harsh to their (future) love interest, then they warm up to them and shyly show them affection. This shows progress in the story. Like Taiga of course. Or Senjougahara (though she plays with the trope too).

The ones who shift between tsun and dere all the time are used to drag the story and are not as interesting.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It depends of the type of Tsundere. The girls who goes from tsun-tsun to dere-dere are the more interesting. They start by being cold or harsh to their (future) love interest, then they warm up to them and shyly show them affection. This shows progress in the story. Like Taiga of course. Or Senjougahara (though she plays with the trope too).

The ones who shift between tsun and dere all the time are used to drag the story and are not as interesting.

Characters who never change, and in effect never have arcs, are generally less likeable or interesting to me. Why would I care about a character who's nothing but prickly as a front for being embarrassed about her feelings who remains that way from beginning to end? There's no payoff, it's just tossing in a stereotype and calling it a day.

One reason I like Gokujo Drops so much is that Yukio is like that to start with, and then the story goes deeper into why she's like that.

Norainhere Uploader
Steam%20picture%20eclipse
joined Jan 9, 2017

I **** you
April Fools Day, 2018.

joined Aug 25, 2016

T-the....... L WOOOORRRRDDDD!!!!

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

What tag was this?? XD

joined Oct 3, 2017
Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

What tag was this?? XD

Probably tsundere
NicoMaki gave it away XDD

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

I- It's not like I was curious about the comments on the tsundere tag, BAKA!!!

Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

I-It's not like I like this tag or anything, I-Idiot!

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

I... I just ended up here by coincidence! It doesn't means I like tsundere yuri or anything. It's not like I deliberately searched for this tag.

To reply you must either login or sign up.