Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't think it's necessarily someone's flashbacks, like one of them is thinking about it. It seems like it's for the readers.
Sumin wanted to pay Seju back, because she didn't want to feel like she owes her anything.
So since she planned to pay her back, why nit actually keep the house too, right? lol

To me it seems like she still has some attachment to Seju, but that doesn't matter anyway. It is better they did it this way, because it would be weird showing Sumin to completely move on so quickly.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I honestly thought it was a guy, but I double checked, and yeah, it might be a woman. I think it's someone Seju's family hired to do something bad to Seju, since I don't think they'll let her walk with all the power in her hands. But I don't think it's someone Seju hired to assasinate Sumin. Seju might have screwed up Sumin's past relationships, but I don't think she is that cruel to hire an assassin to kill Sumin, Kill Sungji maybe, but she'd never kill or even hurt Sumin. But again, a plot twist is always possible with this manhwa lol.

I have the same question as most of you, why the hell won't Sumin just leave that house? She said that that's the only thing with Seju's name left, yet she doesn't want to let it go because Seju bought the house for her, like, what the hell?

what's with all these flashbacks, can't tell if they are Sumins or not..

I think the flashback is Sumin's, not Seju's. I think she was thinking about how she got the house, since she did mention that it's a house Seju bought because of her.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

That girl doesn't look like an assassin though, more like a lost girl who wants to find a job, lol. The way she is portrayed and dressed is quite cool though, I expect this girl to a strong woman with boyish traits, a perfect match for sexy feminine Seju, lol =))))))). But not so bad to be killed by this cool woman though =))))
I doubt she is for killing Sungji or Sumin, when she talked on the phone and when she hang up, her eyes look straight ahead and absolutely not looking at our main couple, when you follow someone, aren't you looking at them all the time, even when you're on the phone? So I don't think she knows the two.
Oh, and don't forget this, Sungji does know whose house Sumin is living in, the end of arc 2 which unveiled the conversation between Seju and Sungji in arc 1, Seju has said she owns the car, the house.... Sungji knows it and she might do this on purpose.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

That girl doesn't look like an assassin though, more like a lost girl who wants to find a job, lol. The way she is portrayed and dressed is quite cool though, I expect this girl to a strong woman with boyish traits, a perfect match for sexy feminine Seju, lol =))))))). But not so bad to be killed by this cool woman though =))))

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but that person totally gives a bad vibe. She is not there for anything good. Plus wears all black, and writers tend to use appearance to pass some clued about a character. But who knows.

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

This is my point of view....

First. I believe like what sumin said before... she doesn't care about any seju family's matter....but she does care for seju.. only her.

she means she does not care anymore (referring to Seju .. she smashed every attempt by Seju to make it sound good)
but what I am curious (furious also) about, is why she said so many hurtful things .. she did not even need to say all that !!
my blood is boiling
(and answering a phone call while being intimate ! whats wrong with her!)

I highly doubt that the motive behind all her sadistic treatment she gives Seju is a revenge over a cheating that happened 10 years ago..
Q:
is it 80 or 90 chapters ?

Edit:

I felt the need to state how clever Seju's body language was portrayed:
at the beginning, she tucks her hair behind her ears--> interested - openness- flirty
as Sumin started tormenting her --> she sets in defensive way (one arm crossed: need for safety or a hug )

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 4:54PM

joined Feb 28, 2017

I have the same question as most of you, why the hell won't Sumin just leave that house? She said that that's the only thing with Seju's name left, yet she doesn't want to let it go because Seju bought the house for her, like, what the hell?

I know right? Any rational person who wants to move one with a new lover would get the f out of your ex lovers house. I'm so done with Sumin being so damn selfish.

There was no reason to be so hurtful towards Seju when she was the one who told her she still had feelings for her... seriously, what's wrong with you lady?

At least Seju seemed stronger. At this point, Sumin and Sungji are made for each other. So immature.

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 9:25PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but that person totally gives a bad vibe. She is not there for anything good. Plus wears all black, and writers tend to use appearance to pass some clued about a character. But who knows.

It's half of sarcasm, half of hope XD, simply right now if this one is not the new love interest for Seju, I personally think that it's the end for any hope with Seju being healed from all the suffers from Sumin, unless Sumin magically realises she loves Seju more in future chaps, which has a super duper little possibility it could happen.
Her dressing all black with tomboyish look and giving me the aura that she's different from any other characters has appeared so far in wdtfs, so I hope she would bring sth excited to the dying story, not so sure it's a bad way or good way so let's just see.
Anyway, I suddenly remember Seju called and asked why there was a male applicant in job interviews for new team leader's position. Maybe, Seju has mistaken this girl as a boy? Cause the final scene at that chap, I saw a man in white shirt and Seju did look back at that man then continue going her way. The half image of that man is quite bothering me though, like trying to conceal him, half revealing him but also want to conceal him. Maybe I'm analyzing too much =))))))))))).
As for Sumin, even when you're the most rational person, you still find Sumin's actions are quite selfish and weird in this chap. She chose to buy the house instead of moving out, moving out is the best solution, right? And weirder is that Seju also said it, that means she allows Sumin to move out and erase her completely but Sumin still insists. So weird @@. There has tons of things related to Seju in that house, they have sex there, sleep there, basically Seju is everywhere in that house. And her harsh words towards Seju, too, she doesn't need to say those words though, but she still did. I'm not so sure about the purpose of Sumin's harsh actions towards Seju but I do think there would be a consequence for those harsh actions. I'm not so sure the consequence will be on Sumin or on Seju but there will be.

joined Aug 29, 2015

It's so satisfying to see that every time Seju and Sumin interact, you can feel emotions just pouring out of them.

imo, the recent flashbacks are unnecessary. it's not like, it adds anything to the plot other than reminding the readers how almost perfect Seju and Sumin's relationship was in the past.

I love how Seju still has self-respect and she doesn't beg Sumin to stay by her side. even though she's like everything to her. if any of the character that has grown since from the beginning, it will be Seju. she became braver and stronger that she can fight her brother over their inheritance and she doesn't crave for Sumin's presence. unlike Sumin's depressed b*itch personality lol

and why does Sumin still want to live on the house Seju bought for her? the f*ck, it doesn't make sense. Does she still want have a connection with Seju and not totally cut her out of her life? b*itch, if you want Seju to move on, maybe you oughta move far away and bring Sungji with you. stop being selfish for once and be a friend to her.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Anyway, I suddenly remember Seju called and asked why there was a male applicant in job interviews for new team leader's position. Maybe, Seju has mistaken this girl as a boy? Cause the final scene at that chap, I saw a man in white shirt and Seju did look back at that man then continue going her way. The half image of that man is quite bothering me though, like trying to conceal him, half revealing him but also want to conceal him. Maybe I'm analyzing too much =))))))))))).

you do have sharp eyes .. I checked it again .. it seems like a girl's body in the last panel (ch66) .. Seju does sees her
but then why would she be in the building this late when she is not even an employee yet ?

joined Mar 1, 2017

Here's a question that popped into my mind today... after re reading this chapter.

Sumin's car was bought by Seju

Sumins house was bought by Seju

Sumins company was bought and is owned by Seju

Sumin is getting some inheritance by Seju's father

So... has Sumin accomplished anything by herself? As in, there something that Seju hasn't facilitated? It seems that in school, Seju was helping her study, getting her first car, sending her parents on a trip, driving her to school.. so what else has Seju done to make sure Sumin is happy but that we haven't seen..

I'm trying to determine the worth of this woman and I can't for the life of me find a reason to say "she's worked hard"

joined Aug 29, 2015

Here's a question that popped into my mind today... after re reading this chapter.

Sumin's car was bought by Seju

Sumins house was bought by Seju

Sumins company was bought and is owned by Seju

Sumin is getting some inheritance by Seju's father

So... has Sumin accomplished anything by herself? As in, there something that Seju hasn't facilitated? It seems that in school, Seju was helping her study, getting her first car, sending her parents on a trip, driving her to school.. so what else has Seju done to make sure Sumin is happy but that we haven't seen..

I'm trying to determine the worth of this woman and I can't for the life of me find a reason to say "she's worked hard"

Good point, just like what Seju said. Sumin only treat her kindly, if she need something from her.

But who knows, They were childhood friends and since then, it seems Seju has helped her and cater to her every whim. seriously, Sumin acts like she's entitled to everything Seju has given to her and I guess, she doesn't value Seju's affection and friendship from the way she talked down to her in the past. she treated Seju like a toy that she can disposed of, once she doesn't need her anymore. It is a good thing Seju is slowly accepting and realizing that Sumin is just not worth it.

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
(even Sungji is brought to her by Seju hehehe )
the part I really like is actually Seju is getting stronger and bolder the more Sumin gets further from her..
makes me believe that Sumin needs Seju more than Seju needs her (she needs someone very strong and caring which Sumin is simply not )

I remember that the mole guy told her ( u never feared father before? in ch 63) .. Sumin is more of weakness rather than a strength added to her life.

God ! I am so invested in this Manhwa when I have a final tomorrow :(

last edited at Mar 2, 2017 6:51AM

joined Feb 13, 2017

I don't get what Sumin said. Does she said the one that she care about now was Seju, or she said that she didn't care about that one anymore?

last edited at Mar 2, 2017 9:33AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Sumin said she doesn't care about Seju's family but she cared for Seju

joined Feb 4, 2017

I don't get what Sumin said. Does she said the one that she care about now was Seju, or she said that she didn't care about that one anymore?

she said ( I don't care anymore ) .. then ( the one I cared about is you)-> past
she didn't care about the Baek family .. she used to care about Seju but not anymore

( I happened to have read it in German, so this is what it meant)

the whole conversation Seju tried to add a better meaning but Sumin shattered it

last edited at Mar 2, 2017 12:36PM

joined Feb 13, 2017

It's sad. Anyway, I have just read the fact that Seju has 6 brothers and the mole guy is one of them( so he is not Seju's father).

last edited at Mar 2, 2017 3:57PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I honestly don't give two f*ck if Sumin still care about Seju. she's more of a nuisance to her anyway. yup, it will be better for the two of them to not see each other for a long time. but what I don't get is why the hell Sungji doesn't want to resign in Seju's company. after all that has happened. I guess it's the author's way to still drag the main couple to Seju. even if it doesn't make sense at all. which I bet is the same reason why Sumin still want to live in the house Seju bought for her.

Nora89

it is funny that Seju is the character that has grown the most over the course of 70+ chapters than the main couple. Sumin's intention all along is to cling unto Seju like a leech until she found someone, she think can become her lifetime partner. for a decade she's been like a gold digger to Seju lol

Seju's side-story feels like it is more bigger than Sumin and Sungji love story. I find it funny that the main couple is oblivious to the sh*tstorm that is about to happen in Seju's power struggle against her brother. the author is going to drag them into this mess just to make it more about them. it is f*cking ridiculous lol I bet Seju's brother is going to kidnap Sumin to blackmail her.

P.S does anybody play yuri visual novel in here. you guys should really try "Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps" and "Love Ribbon". the love triangle in Flowers is handled much better than WDTFS

last edited at Mar 2, 2017 7:30PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Not really liking how dark the series is getting. :( Have a theory based on the latest chapter that I am hoping is not true.

In the opening of chapter 27, when Sumin is lying on the floor bleeding from the shoulder after being tortured by Seju's relative, she looks at him and says "What are you doing?" and he replies "I'm cursing you. A curse you will never forget." It zooms in on her upper torso and painful look on her face. This is after he had already scarred up her shoulder.

On page 4 of chapter 30, when Sumin and Sungji are kissing, Sungji grabs Sumin's butt, and Sumin reacts with panic and fear that seemed odd to me at the time but I thought maybe she was just startled at how fast Sungji was moving forward with their physical relationship since she seems inexperienced, however...

In chapter 69 on page 13, Sungji starts to remove Sumin's bottoms during sex and Sumin again acts panicked by this in the same way. It then says "The Team Leader's expression that I haven't seen."

These three instances lead my to believe that Sumin suffered from more than just a sliced up shoulder from when she was being tortured. It feels like the author has been implying either she was sexually assaulted or that her lower body was mutilated. Personally I am hoping I am reading too much into these instances and that nothing worse than her shoulder happened.

Well, Sumin was once in great pain and had to visit a hospital, remember? Doc seemed to know her very well. She's also tired very often. Whatever happened to her, it wasn't just the cutting for sure. Seju also mentions in ch14 that Sumin is weaker than she looks and her habits aren't very healthy. I know it was partially to see how Sungji will react, but I think it's the truth. Even before her parents died, Seju seemed to take care of her by for example making sure she's wearing a scarf at winter. And she used to be tired even then. I wish to learn more about her past and true condition.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 6:21AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Since Seju is getting singler with time .. I ship her with Sebastian Michaelis from the Black Butler :P

joined Dec 9, 2014

^lol how did you even thought of this combination?
The only relation I can find is that his VA will be Fujiwara in NTR anime :P

Well being single is not always a bad thing. She can be happy and single at the sane time

joined Feb 4, 2017

^lol how did you even thought of this combination?
The only relation I can find is that his VA will be Fujiwara in NTR anime :P

Well being single is not always a bad thing. She can be happy and single at the sane time

not a bad thing.. but the a devil-bulter can really spice a life :D

joined Dec 9, 2014

I know this will sound bad to say for a yuri manhwa, but at this point I'm yolo for Seju's partner. If it was a nice guy that she could love, I'd take it too.

joined Feb 4, 2017

I know this will sound bad to say for a yuri manhwa, but at this point I'm yolo for Seju's partner. If it was a nice guy that she could love, I'd take it too.

so Seju being gay is the only obstacle u think :P

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Tbvh, now I just wanna know what it feels like to have another person who loves Seju. It's all about Sumin and no one else loves her so I'm quite curious about this, anyone is ok to me.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

The story should have ended now. Sumin should just move out and live happily ever after with her new girl. Why can't she just let go of the house her ex bought her. She could sell her parents' house to move away from Seju, what is so specail about her current house? She could resign from Seju's company, return her car back to Seju, why not the house too?! And that flat-chested short hair girl, how long is she going to stalk someone? Will she be arrested soon before she can do her thing.

LD has progressed alot, while WDTFS seemingly going on weirdly just so it can end at chapter 90.

P.S does anybody play yuri visual novel in here. you guys should really try "Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps" and "Love Ribbon". the love triangle in Flowers is handled much better than WDTFS

Sounds interesting. Gonna try them.

so Seju being gay is the only obstacle u think :P

The main obstacle is noone in wdtfs planet has loved her at all through out the whole series depite her being so hot,
pretty, rich, smart, ...

To reply you must either login or sign up.